Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

urgent message to everybody goiing to siem reap

Posted by marigeri on 11/1/2007 at 23:11

visit the flooded forest of kompong pluck, it s as worthy as to visit the temple small floating village, far from the crowded place it s not very touritic place. you can only enjoy this a few month because of the water ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,725 times, with 5 replies.

Book your Cambodia travel tickets online
  Buy bus, ferry and taxi tickets online.

border crossing

Posted by rigo on 10/12/2006 at 13:14

hi guys, i was just wondering if it was possible to go from si phan don, craoo the border then get down to kratie and if so how long would it take. i have the impression that there isnt much to do in stung treng,would that be correct thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,905 times, with 14 replies.

Best social spots in Phnom Penh

Posted by Lisstarr on 21/12/2006 at 07:23

I am a 22yr old female who will be living in Phnom Penh for 9 weeks starting in early Jan. I will be both traveling and living on my own. I was hoping people could suggest bars and restaurants where I will easily be able to meet other travelers my age. Since I don't want to travel alone at night, places near the river (as opposed to the lake) would be appreciated! I would especially like to meet other back/flashpackers who I might be able to take some weekend trips to other locations in Cambodia ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,564 times, with 4 replies.

Riverside Hotel ,Street 94,Phnom Penh

Posted by pauly on 15/1/2007 at 10:33

The Lonely Planet Guide recommends this hotel as a place to stay but "Tripadvisor" is not as encouraging.Has anyone stayed here and was that stay OK?Tripadvisor states that the staff are unfriendly the hot water is cold and the linen is dirty - among the negatives.I would appreciate any feedback possible.Thanks. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,928 times, with 1 reply.

guesthouse bohemian spirit in siem reap

Posted by marigeri on 11/1/2007 at 23:02

nice place to stay, the room are ok and clean. the staff a little bit crazy. nice to recommend, next t o the center but in quiet location i had a really great time there in star rise guesthouse and i promise the owner to speak about them ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,941 times, with no replies.

sinoukville or koh chang

Posted by kimmistaus on 9/1/2007 at 22:21

i have 1 week left of my 2 month trip. i just wanted to know which place to spend the last few days, south coast of cambodia since im here anyway or koh chang? (i have done koh samui, pha-ngang and kao tao already) any advice would be appreciated. thanks kim ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,064 times, with 1 reply.

Foreign Correspondent's Club (Phnom Penh way)

Posted by steviej on 4/1/2007 at 07:07

OK, okay, It's a tad on the expensive side (for SEA) but does anybody know if they do 'Twin Rooms'. Cheers Peeps steviej ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,247 times, with 5 replies.

Cambodia Budget

Posted by drutherford on 5/1/2007 at 10:42

Hi everyone, We are planning on visiting Cambodia in June for approx 5 days. We are going to be on a shoestring backpacker budget but we would like to see the highlights and visit recommended towns/attractions. With this in mind, could anybody give me a rough idea what our budget should be? I have no idea of costs of accom/transport/entries etc. Thanks in advance Debbie ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,467 times, with 3 replies.

Guesthouses or hotels near Phnom Penh Airport.........any suggestions

Posted by suzyq on 1/1/2007 at 00:08

I will looking for a place near airport in early feb 2007 and am looking for suggestions. Trying to stay within a budget so dont want any thing to pricy.. thanks... ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,355 times, with 1 reply.

which airports in Thailand fly into pheon penh?

Posted by soccersimo on 29/12/2006 at 13:11

We are trying to get into Cambodia next month. We are in Ko samui at the moment. I was wondering if suart thani flies into Cambodia? Any help w ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,759 times, with 1 reply.

Phnom Penh to Siem Reap

Posted by anthony on 17/11/2006 at 14:06

What are the best ways to get from Phnom to Siem Reap. I understand there is a bus and a boat. Which is the preferable way to travel, Tanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 7,423 times, with 4 replies.

Siem Reap accom availablity between Christmas and New Year

Posted by marianwarren on 22/12/2006 at 13:40

Hi everyone Does anyone have any idea whether acccomodation will be available during this period in Siem Reap? - hate to arrive and have no where to stay. Thanks in advance Marian ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,494 times, with 2 replies.

ATM withdrawals in Cambodia

Posted by TonyL on 22/12/2006 at 13:13

I have finally managed to get some definitive information on ATM withdrawals in Cambodia which could assist others. Those ATM's that accept overseas cards or Cirrus debit cards - very few but mostly in PP or Siem Reap - such as those at ANZ Royal Bank branches, have a physical limit on the number of actual notes that they can dispense at one time. That limit is 40 notes. The largest denomination $US notes that ANZ machines dispense is $50. So the most that you can get out in one withdrawal i ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,058 times, with 1 reply.

Itinerary questions

Posted by razzy on 15/12/2006 at 12:40

Hi. In last minute haste (today) I am planning to travel around Cambodia and Laos starting on 5 Jan for about 5 weeks! Using the new Jetstar airfares we will fly into HCMC and out of Bangkok. Which means we will go overland through Cambodia and Laos - will this be possible in 5 weeks? We (my partner and I) are keen to get off the beaten tourist track and land on some secluded beaches and take in some remote and beautiful places. ANY IDEAS GREATLY APPRECIATED!! We've got a wicked taste for advent ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,580 times, with 1 reply.

boat from siem reap to phnom penh

Posted by fiverella on 4/12/2006 at 22:13

hi there, i will be taking the boat from siem reap to phnom penh this december and would like to know if there is a daily schedule/departure times that anyone can provide. thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,616 times, with 2 replies.

Siem Reap to Battambang

Posted by steviej on 1/12/2006 at 02:05

Hi all, Does anybody know the latest on the ferry from SR to Battambang. We're gonna be there during the dry season and we're expecting a slow slow ride if we decide to take the plunge (as it were). I've seen something on one website that seems to indicate there is a new(ish) safer bet. But I can't find details anywhere else................ chill stevie ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,773 times, with 6 replies.

vientiene to cambodia avoiding bkk?

Posted by bgmidnightwhite on 7/12/2006 at 10:33

Hi! Anyone know if it's possible to take a bus from Vientiene down into Thailand then into Cambodia (Siem Reap) WITHOUT ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,214 times, with 3 replies.

Phnom Penh Airport to Sihanuokville

Posted by Benjamin on 7/12/2006 at 11:47

Hi All! I, and three of my travelling companions, will arrive at Phnom Pehn Airport on Saturday the 23rd at 8:10 am from Bangkok. I want to go immediatly to Sihanoukville. Can someone recommend the best way to do this? Thanks Ben ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,423 times, with 2 replies.

Sen Monorom - a couple of question

Posted by harom on 6/12/2006 at 07:16

Hi everybody, I'd like to ask you some qouestion about Sen Monorom if you don't mind. How hard is to arrange an overnight elephant trip in Sen Monorom. Have any experience what time they start and when is return ? We plan to travel PP -> Sen Monorom, probably it takes a whole day. Is there any possiblity to arrange overnight trip the same day and start the next day ? We would like to see waterfall as well. Could we do it in a half a day f.e. before start of elephant ride or after return ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,953 times, with 1 reply.

my accomodation debate

Posted by Lisstarr on 25/11/2006 at 11:41

I will be in Phnom Penh for 9 weeks from January to Mid March. I am going on my own and will be the only international intern at the place I will be working at. I am deciding between staying in an apartment on my own or staying in a hotel (either Golden Gate or Bodhi tree). Staying in a hotel for over two months seems like a bit much but I would also really like to be able to meet other travellers while I am there and am worried about feeling to isolated in an apt. So am not sure what to do. An ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,696 times, with 5 replies.

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page