Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Southern Thailand to Cambodia

Posted by Kristi on 29/11/2006 at 18:46

Hi there, Wondering if anybody could offer advice on getting from Southern Thai islands to Cambodia without having to backtrack?! Koh Samui will be my last stop and want to head to Cambodia, either overland or fly. All the sites I am finding are only giving me info from Bangkok.... Any help would be greatly appreciated! Cheers, Kristi ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,444 times, with 2 replies.

Book your Cambodia travel tickets online
  Buy bus, ferry and taxi tickets online.

Phnom Penh or Siem Reap to Phu Quoc

Posted by lucyhudson on 25/11/2006 at 00:18

Does anyone know if there is a direct flight to Phu Quoc Island from either Siem Reap or Phnom Penh? If not what's the easiest way of getting there? Thanks loads! Lucy ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,199 times, with 4 replies.

Traveling with Children

Posted by docgliv on 24/9/2006 at 21:26

Anyone have experience traveling in Cambodia with younger children (2 & 7 yr old)? We have three weeks. Looking to make an interesting, not too rushed itinerary. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,240 times, with 4 replies.

Orphanages

Posted by docgliv on 8/10/2006 at 09:52

Visiting Cambodia for a month with our children. Want them to see life as it is for some in the orphanages and would like bring clothing to donate and some cash. Any tips for the best places to do this? Scott USA ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,723 times, with 8 replies.

Boat from Kompong Cham to Kratie

Posted by darrellhilton on 10/9/2006 at 07:49

The fast boat from KC to Kratie looks very uncomfotable & you don't see the scenery unless on the roof.Does anyone know if you can hire a safe comfortable boat with driver to do the trip there & back independantly? Also same question for Battambang to Siem Reap? Thanks for your help, Darrell ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,932 times, with 9 replies.

Opening a Guesthouse In Sihanoukville

Posted by jasmedia on 20/11/2006 at 18:14

Dear Fellow Travellers; I'm interested in checking out real estate in Sihanoukville to turn into a guesthouse/bar/restaurant (or possibly buying a place already open.) If anyone knows any websites I can look to for information, please let me know. Thanks a bunch! Steve Martin Canada (currently residing in China) ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,457 times, with 2 replies.

long term accommodations

Posted by Lisstarr on 17/11/2006 at 05:40

Hi, I will be in Phnom Penh for a little over two weeks on my own and was hoping someone would have advice on long-term accommodation. I am on a limited budget but would like something safe and decent. Aside from just staying in hotel and paying a daily rate, any sugegstions? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,826 times, with 3 replies.

Booking accomodation

Posted by burgisg on 16/11/2006 at 19:46

Has anyone had success in pre-booking accomodation in Battambang,Cambodia via the internet? It seems to be impossible.Any advice on solving this problem would be really appreciated. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,628 times, with 2 replies.

Dead Fish Inn at Siem Reap

Posted by soonmeng on 8/6/2006 at 16:53

Hi, Can anyone provide feedback on Dead Fish Inn? Profile says that it's unique and weird. Do you guys agree? I'll be travelling to Angkor Wat, so am shortlisting some good guesthouses. Thanks. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,448 times, with 8 replies.

Cheap(er) Flights out of Cambodia

Posted by nedders on 12/9/2006 at 16:06

After spending a lot of time trying to figure out how to fly out of Cambodia to Singapore and being quoted $400 to $650 one way, I finally found www.jetstarasia.com I got a flight for $79 (including taxes) Siem Reap - Singapore, so much better!! So don"t waste your precious traveling money on cheeky travel agents which quote ridiculous prices! Hope this helps of few of you out there! - Over and out! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,752 times, with 10 replies.

Phnon penh to delta

Posted by nana on 8/11/2006 at 14:22

Hi I had read from one of the thread stating a 3days 2nites tour package from phnon penh to delta for $30. Anyone know which travel agency and address or can provide me with more information? Thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,567 times, with 1 reply.

1st time to cambodia

Posted by Lek on 30/8/2006 at 18:15

Hi, I'm planning a 12 days trip to Camdodia in Dec. Plan is to fly in to Siem Reap then fly out from Phnom Penh. 3/4 days in Siem Reap and 3/4 days in Phnom Penh. Any suggestion on other places that is worth a visit during the journey from Siem Reap to Phnom Penh? Thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,179 times, with 18 replies.

Cambodia - Vietnam - China Beijing

Posted by nana on 4/11/2006 at 15:13

Hi there Does anyone knows how to get to Vietnam from Cambodia (by buses, boat or trains)? Can I get a visa at the border? I will be travelling from singapore - malaysia - thailand - cambodia - vietnam - china beijing - lhasa (air transport are definitely no no). I will be travelling alone, are there anything I should look out for? I have left out laos, dunno if it's a good idea? Thanks. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,888 times, with 2 replies.

hospitals in Cambodia

Posted by akhut on 1/11/2006 at 02:15

I am making my 1st trip to Cambodia this April '07. I am an RN and would like to visit the main hospital in Phnom Penh or Siemreap, or maybe both.. I need to research more into which hospitals, etc. I'd also like to donate some medical supplies... does anyone have any idea what is needed, or even just a contact person, someone who can help me in organizing this? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,301 times, with 5 replies.

wet season in north of cambodia

Posted by lisaj on 16/10/2006 at 17:18

is it possible to visit cambodia during july (cause of the wet season)? i would like to go to prasat vihear and some other wats up in the northwest of cambodia but my travel guide (lonely planet ) warns against it due to the difficulties of transport and impassable roads. so there is no way i can go there during july?? what about april?? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,318 times, with 5 replies.

Travellers cheques in Cambodia?

Posted by halu on 11/10/2006 at 02:19

I just read on a bank's website that travellers cheques aren't recommended for Cambodia. We're only going to be in Phnom Penh and Siem Reap (after HCMC) - should we make sure we have enoug dollars before entering Cambodia or should we be able to exchange the travellers cheques in PP or SR? Thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,476 times, with 6 replies.

Expo 2006

Posted by halu on 21/9/2006 at 04:26

I'm going to be in and around Siem Reap for a few days in November and I just heard that there is going to be some sort of Expo that will supposedly attract twice the amount of tourists than they are used to. Does anyone know anything about this? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,512 times, with 4 replies.

Travelling with Laptop? Yes / No?

Posted by mmay_wong on 19/10/2006 at 12:29

Hi.. I have intention to travel with laptop to cambodia. Having exposed to so many information make me wonder if its a good idea to travel with my laptop. Please advise if its a good idea to travel with my laptop? Cheers.. May2 ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,212 times, with 4 replies.

How many days for Siem reap?

Posted by amz155 on 18/10/2006 at 02:42

Hello, Apart from time set aside for visiting Angkor Wat (we're thinking two days for that) how much time to people generally spend in Siem Reap? Aside from visiting temples what do you recommend we do while in Siem Reap? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 55,425 times, with 10 replies.

SIEM REAP TO POIPET

Posted by BUCKSBLOKE35 on 20/10/2006 at 03:03

Does anyone know the state of the road at the moment,doing the trip in about 3 weeks time.Did it last time in the height of the hot season it was rough,but bearable,just wondering whether the rains had washed any of it away.the last update on tales of asia website was 12th september,but they've had alot of rain since then. Any help is most welcome Tony ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,303 times, with 1 reply.

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page