Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

blondie travelling alone

Posted by Ankka on 6/4/2006 at 17:46

Hi All, I'm dreaming of travelling in Cambodia, and I would like to alone. People tend to think I'm nuts, being young small female and all.. So I'm really asking your opinion here. How safe is Cambodia outside the hotel areas (which I'd like to avoid)? I'm not very experienced traveller, but I do have my brains attached (or so I think..). Got to admit though, because of my looks I certainly pass neither as a local nor as a karate champ. Actually what I'm mostly afraid of is that while pl ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,035 times, with 14 replies. Last reply by tsargood on 11/4/2006 at 19:41

Sokha beach in Sihanoukville

Posted by Julis on 4/4/2006 at 14:49

I've heard that a recently built 5-star resort has restricted acess to its part of the beach I've read some reports saying you can't even walk along the beach (at certain point there'a guard stopping you where the resort's property starts). What is the actual situction? If I stay at Malibu bungalows, can I use tghe beach freely or only the pert of the beach not adjacent to the resort? Will appreciate any comments and updates! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,781 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by babar63 on 10/4/2006 at 22:44

Phnom Penh to Siem Reap/Angkor Wat

Posted by Sunny5049 on 9/4/2006 at 08:24

Hey Im going to be flying into Phnom Penh because it is much cheaper but I was wondering the best/cheapest way to get from there to Siem Reap. Either by land or air. How long would each way take? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,909 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by exacto on 9/4/2006 at 23:41

Advice on a quick trip to cambodia

Posted by BUCKSBLOKE35 on 1/4/2006 at 01:47

Hi, i am flying into phnom penh on 1st may and fly home from bangkok on the 7th may (1am).I want to travel overland and take in angor,what would be a realistic itinerary,i want to see as much as possible without charging around and not seeing anything properly.I'm not on a mega tight budget,but dont have an abundance to waste either,any tips would be most welcome. tony ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,402 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by Ankka on 8/4/2006 at 20:19

Welcome and Terms of Use

Posted by somtam2000 on 22/1/2006 at 16:29

Hi, I'm somtam2000 and I'll be moderating the Travelfish travel board. I'm here to answer all your questions -- or at least the ones I know the answer to -- as for those that are mysteries to me, perhaps other Travelfish members will be able to answer. You'll see you need to be a member to post a new question or answer an existing one, but if you're already a Travelfish member, you don't need to join again. Your existing login works just fine. A few of general pointers; 1) I do have to ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,035 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 8/4/2006 at 06:25

Siem Reap guesthouse

Posted by tuy on 22/1/2006 at 17:22

I have read through your listing for Siem Reap guesthouses, but cannot decide - we want to spend US$30-50 a night but would like a garden for the children. We think maybe on the other side of the river is better and quieter. is that so? thanks again ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,557 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by tuy on 7/4/2006 at 09:37

Vietnam/Cambodia Trip

Posted by Globetrotter23 on 4/4/2006 at 07:34

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on a potential vietnam/Cambodia trip i was planning on taking. I am an english teacher in South korea and will be departing from there. I have about a week for travel and would like to cover as much of those two countries as i possibly can in that time frame. I know i'm pushing it, but it's my only chance! If anyone can give me some pointers and suggestions on must-sees ( or if you're really kind, an actual travel plan) i would deeply appreciate it! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,343 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 6/4/2006 at 05:54

How safe is Cambodja

Posted by tuy on 22/1/2006 at 17:19

We're planning a trip to Cambodja in February this year but are still concerned about the saftey because guidebooks make it sound rather dangerous in the nighttime and we'll be travelling with children. do you have any suggestions please? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,325 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by dawsondetarr on 5/4/2006 at 22:10

From Thailand to Cambodia via Presvihear border

Posted by makara567 on 3/4/2006 at 08:13

I wish to cross border from Thailand to visit Presvihear temple and then to Kompong Thom province. Is it safe. How about the road condition? Any idea..! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,347 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by dawsondetarr on 5/4/2006 at 22:06

cambodia itinerary - 1 week

Posted by travelchick on 29/3/2006 at 17:21

has anyone got any good suggestions of how to spend approx 1 week in cambodia (maybe a little bit longer)? i'll be coming in overland from laos to stung treng, then want to leave to go to thai islands. want to do angkor and phnom penh (obviously!) but don't know what would be the most sensible order for overland travel to avoid doubling back on myself and wasting a lot of time travelling? which is the easiest way to get across the border and to thai islands when i leave? any other suggestions ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,164 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 30/3/2006 at 06:33

Travel from Phnom Penh To Ko Chang

Posted by ororzzz on 24/3/2006 at 21:34

What is the best way to travel from Phnom Penh to Ko Chang in Thailand? And how long does it take? I would like to avoid taking the plane! Also how safe is it for 2 girls? thank you!! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,127 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 25/3/2006 at 10:19

Sihanoukville to a Thai Island (Ko Samet or Ko Chang)

Posted by Kirsche on 23/3/2006 at 22:21

I am currently in Siem Reap, planning to go to Phonom Penh tomorrow. I heard Sihanoukville offers great beaches, so this is going to be my next stop. However, how do I get from there back to Thailand without going back to either Siam Reap or Phnom Penh, preferably to one of the north Islands. I heard there is a boat from but nobady seemed to have heard of it here. Also, I am a bit suspicicous, hardly any web picture of Sihanoukville and the surroumdimg beaches show the beaches, mainly water and ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 7,410 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by Kirsche on 24/3/2006 at 23:25

Questions on Angkor

Posted by DannyJ on 22/3/2006 at 19:18

Hi everybody! i plan on seeing Angkor around December/January in the coming year, i know it is the 'cold' season and temps will be around 25-35 degrees but does anyone have any personal experiences of what the weather is like around this time, i'm hoping the foliage will be still be quite green as it's after the wet season, is this realistic? Also i'm an avid photographer, just for fun, and plan on catching as much of Angkor on film/memory card as poss, early morning, mid-day and evening at var ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,411 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by exacto on 22/3/2006 at 22:02

Laos to siem reap

Posted by BUCKSBLOKE35 on 20/3/2006 at 03:48

I'm spending a couple of weeks in laos in april.I see that there is a direct air service from vientiane to siem reap,i wouldnt mind a couple of days looking around angor wat but dont know if i will have time.Does anyone know how popular this route is and whether it would be possible to book a flight last minute if time permits. cheers for any help ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,386 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by exacto on 21/3/2006 at 06:41

Cambodia Vietnam 3 weeks

Posted by gazza on 15/3/2006 at 19:51

Hi There, In December\Jan 2006\07 i will be traveling to Cambodia and Vietman with some friends for 3 weeks. We are all chomping at the bit and while im bored at work counting down the days, i was wondering which will be the best way to spend 3 weeks in Cambodia and Vietam. We obviously dont want to rush through everywhere but would like to see as many beautiful places as possible. Any tips on the above and how to get around once we there would be great. Thanks Gary ps: this site ro ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,374 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 16/3/2006 at 08:57

cambodia itinerary advice

Posted by ezzie on 13/3/2006 at 11:16

Trying to avoid back tracking where possible, although seems going to Phnom Phen twice might be unavoidable. We have about 9 days. Want to head into Thailand by border that takes us into Trat so we can go to Ko Chang. Here is my thinking, but advice appreciated. Day 1 - Coming in from Mekong Delta in Vietnam up to Pnom Phen by boat Day 2-4 Siam Reap Day 5 - travel back to Phnom Phen, and down to Sihanoukhanville Day 6-8 hang out down there, try and take in Bokor Stn, maybe Kampot (is this ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,989 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by ezzie on 13/3/2006 at 16:18

siem reap to silhanoukaville by plane?

Posted by ezzie on 12/3/2006 at 18:26

Does anyone know if this is possible? If so, who flies there and idea of cost would be much appreciated. Thank you ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,144 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 13/3/2006 at 12:50

Cambonia, Burma, Vietnam Visas

Posted by Ladybalabala on 3/2/2006 at 03:42

I will travelling around with a bunch of friends to Thailand, Vietnam, Singapore, Cambonia, Burma and Malaysia for 2 weeks. I will plan on applying for my Vietnam visa in Holland at the embassy here. I understand to enter Burma and Combonia, I need a visa ( I am a Dutch passport holder). Can I apply a visa for Burma (one day visit only - enter from Thailand borner) at the borner post? or I have to prepare everything here in Holland? I called the Vietnam embassy in Den Haag. He said that I only n ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,788 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by wayne on 16/2/2006 at 19:41

Overland from Thailand to Siem Reap in rainy season

Posted by exacto on 12/2/2006 at 05:30

Hi. Any advice on trying to make the overland trip from Thailand to Siem Reap during the rainy season? We'll be heading that way in late July. I know roads have improved quite a bit over the last few years, but don't know if it is enough to make a rainy season road trip feasible. We can always fly in and out with Bangkok Airways I guess, but the overland trip seems like much more fun. Please let me know. Thanks, Mark ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,262 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by exacto on 14/2/2006 at 04:15

BUY FAKE PASSPORT/ID CARD/DLICENCE americaeuropeans@aol.com

Posted by miaamii on 4/10/2013 at 11:40

Viewed 1,306 times, with no replies.

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page