Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

cambodia which route??

Posted by lisaj on 3/10/2006 at 22:46

hello everyone !! i'm thinking about travelling in cambodia for one month and are now faing the decision where to go. i'm also on a very low budget as i plan to do some volunteering projects in nepal and thailand before that. do you think i can survive 1 month in cambodia with 6oo £ ? does anyone know where to find cheap flights that would take me to kathmandu (from london) from there to bangkok and from bangkok back to london? i tried sta travel and the cheapest they had was about 800£ ca ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,079 times, with 4 replies.

Book your Cambodia travel tickets online
  Buy bus, ferry and taxi tickets online.

Sihanoukville to Thai border

Posted by drtjam on 22/9/2006 at 18:13

Hi I am hoping to travel into Thailand from Sihanoukville in the next couple of days. Just wondering if anyone has any experiance with going into Thailand this way? Is the sea particularly rough at this time of year? I have heard a few stories about the boats not really being seaworthy...but on the other hand the road is meant to be terrible. Is it really? Any help would be gratefully appreciated Thanks Tom ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,791 times, with 4 replies.

Intrepid Tour of Cambodia (or any country)

Posted by workingNOMAD on 5/10/2006 at 18:41

I am thinking of taking an Intrepid tour of Cambodia in December. Has anyone done this trip or has anyone taken any Intrepid trip? If so then what were the group dynamics? Was there a good mix of people? thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,237 times, with 4 replies.

2006 Bon Om Tuk - Water Festival

Posted by docgliv on 6/10/2006 at 06:19

Anyone know exactly when this takes place this year? Worth seeing? Thanks, Scott ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,880 times, with 1 reply.

E Visa

Posted by sabyasachi1212 on 5/10/2006 at 13:41

I would be arriving at Phnom Penh on 13 Oct by Air Asia flight with my wife and 7 year old son. I have taken E Visa but been hearing that officials at Cambodian Airports still aren't familiar with E Visa formalities. Any Ideas? I would be spending 6 days in Cambodia, 4 for Siem Raep and 2 for Phnom Penh. Should I break up my Phnom Penh visit into two parts 13th & 18th Oct (I would be deaprting from Phnom Penh Airport 19th Oct morning) and keep 14-17 Oct for Siem Raep or should I travel to Angko ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,999 times, with 1 reply.

Any recommendations for travelling from Phnom Penh to Can Tho

Posted by alaingiraud on 4/10/2006 at 18:22

Has anyone got a recomended route? Is it possible to do this in one day? Is there a way of using the fast boat provided by the Victoria at Can Tho? Any suggestions welcomed. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,290 times, with 1 reply.

Vietnam to Cambodia

Posted by JessRH on 27/9/2006 at 12:16

Hi, Was wondering if anyone know the quickest/cheapest/easiest way to get from HCMC to Siem Reap, I am leaving from PP to BKK after visiting SR so don't really want to have to go through PP twice but is this the only way? I have read that you can get the 'Mekong Express' from HCMC to PP and then catch another bus from PP to SR..but this sounds a bit time consuming? If anyone has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,102 times, with 1 reply.

Poipet Border Crossing

Posted by Saul on 26/9/2006 at 16:49

hey there I am planning to come to Cambodia from Thailand in February 2007, and am having difficulty in deciding whether to attempt the famous (or infamous?) border crossing through Poipet. I have checked out the section on the journey on talesofasia, which was really helpful, however I'm still not sure whether to try it or not. The reasons for my apprehension are: first time in SEA, first time backpacking in general (male, 21 years of age), will be alone, etc. etc. Part of me really wants ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,294 times, with 2 replies.

Sihanoukville or Kep??

Posted by bliprogers on 26/9/2006 at 09:24

Thinking of beach for few days in Cambodia, wondered what was the best option? Juist need to chill for few days over next week or so, after doing Lao, Cambodia and Northern Thailand Any help appreciated ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,257 times, with 2 replies.

Banteay Chhmar

Posted by exkhmer on 26/9/2006 at 01:02

Have anyone been to Banteay Chhmar? How is road conditions and accessibilty? I am planning to go there soon. Any feedbacks are appreciated. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,710 times, with 1 reply.

About weed...not 4 everyone but a concern of mine nonetheless

Posted by Benjamin on 10/9/2006 at 21:25

Hi all, Where can I find a beautiful, tranquil quiet setting with access to weed? My post may be offensive to some and puzzling to others but I feel this is the best forum to pose it. I used this messageboard for my recent trip to Thailand and found the help I recieved to be better than I could have hoped for. I currently live in a repressive East Asian society with no access to marijuana and am longing for the liberal hop-head society that I left behind in Canada. This winter I wil ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,555 times, with 8 replies.

Cambodia - December - 10 days

Posted by fire_lily81 on 23/9/2006 at 19:47

Hi, I have only 10 days in Cambodia and planned to start from Sieam Ream off to Battambang, Sihanoukville and Phnom Penh. Is there any direct bus from Battambang to Sihanoukville? Issit worth it to travel to Sihanoukville as I don't wanna waste my already limited time if the place is not really great. My definition of great are nice sandy beaches with great snorkeling. Should I go to Kratie for its famous dolphin instead? And I also heard that there is sort of 'theft season' in Cambodia. Does D ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,297 times, with 1 reply.

Siem Reap to Kratie

Posted by krisim on 15/9/2006 at 18:33

Hi, and thanks for an excellent site! Anybody know if it is possible to get to Kratie without going to Phnom Penh. We will visit Phnom Penh in the beginning of our 2 weeks in Cambodia and after we have been to Siem Reap we would like to go to Kratie and then up north in to Laos. If there is anything special we shouldn't miss on the way from Siem Reap up to Laos I am happy to know about it. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,150 times, with 2 replies.

7 days in Cambodia

Posted by bangkokbetty on 19/9/2006 at 10:06

I have just 7 days to see cambodia and really want to see angkhor wat and chill out on a beach!!!(sihanoukville). All info would be greatly appreciated, as i really want to make the most of my time. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,269 times, with 2 replies.

Accommodation (Siem Reap)

Posted by Lek on 13/9/2006 at 14:12

Anyone stayed here before? 1)Auberge Mont Royal 2)La Villa Loti Coconut House ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,539 times, with 5 replies.

Sihanoukville Full Moon Party & Accommodation

Posted by nadjan on 2/8/2006 at 21:11

Hi all, I'm going to be in Sihanoukville over Christmas and would like to know if anyone can recommend some accommodation. Ideally we want to stay in a hut on the beach. Does anyone know of anywhere and would we need to book in advance? Also, I read somewhere that they have full moon parties in Sihanoukville, does anyone know where I can find out what dates they are held on? Thanking you kindly, ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 10,477 times, with 5 replies.

Phnom Pehn to Bangkok

Posted by liandradp on 5/9/2006 at 16:15

Hi everyone We are planning a trip to thailand, vietnam and cambodia in Dec. My question is: what is the best way to get to Bangkok from Phnom Pehn? No flying - I have a temporary flight booking but was wondering if there is another nicer way to get to bangkok...... please advice. thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,919 times, with 3 replies.

Ghost Train

Posted by steviej on 5/9/2006 at 07:12

Hi All.................. Has anybody done the Battambang to Phnom Penh trip on the Railway. I'm led to believe that if your gonna DO IT your best bet is the section from Battambang to Pursat, and then, if you've not been shaken to pieces, take a bus onto Phnom Penh from there. chill steviej ___________________________ Who wants Fat Hair.................... ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,134 times, with 1 reply.

Itinerary-how-to....

Posted by amz155 on 1/9/2006 at 03:28

Hello, Travelling FROM Si Phan Don in Laos we would like to spend time in Phenom Penh, Siem Reap and perhaps Sihanoukville if we have the time. We will most likely fly back to BKK from PP (Air Asia doesn't fly from SR) instead of travelling overland back to BKK (seems like it would take 1 full day). What would be the best route to accomplish this? Have considered 1) overland thru Stung Treng-Kratie (4000 islands to PP in one day) and 2) travelling back to Pakse and flying to Siem Reap --fo ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,217 times, with 4 replies.

discovery pass or an other

Posted by rigo on 29/8/2006 at 13:45

hi guys, we are heading to cambodia,vietnam and laos in dec/jan and was thinking of flying bkk to siem reap, phnom penh to hcmc, then (if possible) luang prabang to bkk, if not , then vientiane to bkk. does anyone know of any pass that would allow these flights and roughly how much they cost ? thanks for any advice ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,609 times, with 2 replies.

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page