Photo: Street food Phetchaburi Soi 10, Bangkok.

Southeast Asia forum

which route

Posted by greektraveller on 26/2/2011 at 04:36

I am going to SE asia for 11 weeks. I wanna visit 1.thailand 2.laos 3.cambodia 4.vietnam 5.thailand islands I had a look at the 4 country itenary on this website. Do you think it would be wiser to skip southern laos since i have only 11 weeks and would like to spend at least 2-3 weeks in the thai islands at the end before i leave. bangkok - cambodia - southern vietnam - northern vietnam - nothern laos - northern thailand - bangkok - islands or do the trip of the 4 country itenary fly from han ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,728 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by greektraveller on 26/2/2011 at 18:46

Help! Itinerary check for a first time solo traveller!

Posted by y123 on 22/2/2011 at 23:20

Hi! Have to say this forum has been really helpful with my planning.I am so glad I've found this website. I'll be going on a solo trip around SE Asia, starting from BKK on the 10 March. From reading around the forum, March/April isn't a good time to visit N.Thailand/ Laos because of the smoke and dust. So, I've changed my itinerary to look like this: Thailand(1 week) - Cambodia(2 weeks) - Vietnam(3 weeks) - Laos(2 weeks) - Thailand (3 weeks) - Malysia and Singapore(3 weeks) The duration of ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,047 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by caseyprich on 25/2/2011 at 23:08

Winging It...

Posted by jonny_lewis7 on 16/2/2011 at 23:16

Me and my mate are looking to travel across SE Asia from September onwards, a long time away I know. Flying into Bangkok as it's the cheapest option from London (I believe, any alternatives welcome). We have no set plan when we get there, just to make our way through Thailand, Cambodia, Laos and Vietnam until the funds dictate we leave. We both reckon we'll have around £4-5,000 so hoping to make it last for as long as possible, eating, sleeping and travelling for as little as possible. My quest ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,946 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by Thomas922 on 19/2/2011 at 18:52

Southeast Asia itinerary advise

Posted by dknee on 13/2/2011 at 02:39

Hello, My girlfriend and I are landing in Bangkok in early March and returning home from there in late May. Just looking for itinerary advice. We would like to see Northern and Southern Thailand as well as Loas and Cambodia and maybe a trip to vietnam and Indonesia. When is the best times for these places. I know its smoky in North Thailand in March and then its real hot and rainy. Would you suggest the south islands first or up north before the heat and rains come. Thanks. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,665 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by Thomas922 on 19/2/2011 at 18:48

10 weeks for Thailand, Laos, Vietnam & Cambodia

Posted by mlr on 3/8/2009 at 20:47

Hi Everyone! Myself and my partner (both in our 20's) are planning a 10 week trip round SE Asia at the end of this year and would like to see what you think of the rough itinerary i have put together (with alot of help from this website)!? I would appreciate advice on the number of nights we are planning on staying in each place (too many/not enough) & also if i have missed out anywhere that we should go!? We travel quite regularly but this year we have to decided to just do 1 big trip ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 9,612 times, with 26 replies. Last reply by ksen on 18/2/2011 at 12:54

Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia.

Posted by JT on 16/2/2011 at 14:48

We plan to start with one or two days in Saigon, before we take a nightbus to Rach Gia where we plan to take the first boat to Phu Quoc Island. We want to spend to or three days on the island, before heading back. From Rach Gia the plan is to travel the coast either by motorbike, train or bus (or maybe all of them... what to you think considered we don´t have so much time?), stopping in either Hoi An or Dong Ha where our plan is to cross the border to Laos, travel throught Savannakhet a ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,994 times, with no replies.

4 month SEA itinerary help needed.

Posted by shoestringer on 12/2/2011 at 05:33

Hi, first of all ive got to say what a great site this is, Im looking for some help/general advice on my 4 month itinerary starting april 4th and including vietnam cambodia laos thailand, i been trying to not plan to intensively as i would prefer to be quite flexible with my plans. plus i have a one way ticket so if i need more time i can always stay longer although this is not my intention. my plan so far goes like this- Vietnam 1 month landing in hanoi my trip will consist of a motorcycle tr ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,194 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by busylizzy on 14/2/2011 at 08:47

SEA 3-month trip: general + specific (+any other type of) advice, please

Posted by Brecht on 7/2/2011 at 22:07

Hello, I'm traveling SEA for 3 months with a friend (from end of March to the end of June). This is our planned route: arrival in Bangkok --> Southeast Thailand --> Cambodia --> South-Vietnam --> Laos all the way through (maybe crossing the border to check out Central-Vietnam) --> North-Vietnam --> South-China (Yunnan province) --> North-Myanmar all to way to the south, along the Irrawaday --> fly back to Bangkok & from Bangkok back home (Belgium) * What places alon ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,372 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by Thomas922 on 12/2/2011 at 12:55

Help on Planning!

Posted by sandman666 on 8/2/2011 at 04:17

Hi guys, Im new in this forum. I wanted to know your opinion on this journey I'm planning for next march. I arrive at Bangkok on March 1st and return on march 26th afternoon: Tuesday 1 Thailand - Bangkok Wed 2 Thailand - Bangkok Thursday 3 Thailand - Bangkok Friday 4 Bangkok -> Siem Reap Saturday 5 Cambodia - Siem Reap Sunday 6 Cambodia - Siem Reap Monday 7 Cambodia - Phnom Penh Tuesday 8 Cambodia - Phnom Penh Wed 9 Vietnam - HCM City Thursday 10 Vietnam - HCM City Friday 11 Vietnam - Meko ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,334 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by Thomas922 on 9/2/2011 at 18:45

Advice for a 3 week trip

Posted by MrAndMrsA on 9/2/2011 at 00:38

Hi there newbie here. Advance apologies for asking questions which no doubt you have heard many times before. I did try searching, but alas, still confused so think some personalised advice may be in order! We have the option spending a couple of weeks in SE Asia in June this year. As part of our whistlestop round the world trip we arrive in Bangkok on the 13th June and leave on the 3rd July from Singapore. I need to fill the time in between. We're not really backpackers neither can we splurge ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,982 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by Thomas922 on 9/2/2011 at 18:40

Printing off Travelfish guides in Asia

Posted by chicoelnino on 6/2/2011 at 09:44

For my trip I plan on printing off the relevant guides as I need for the places I visit, ie....accommodation in bangkok etc. Just would like to know how much typically it would cost per sheet to get stuff printed off from a cafe out there? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,711 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by idreamofdurian on 6/2/2011 at 21:48

OH dear, where to go?!

Posted by peskywes on 11/1/2011 at 02:25

We are a little bit undecided (like many!!) on where to go as so much choice and so little time!! We have only 6 weeks to travel and have to go in May/June which appears to be right through the monsoon seasons of Thailand/Cambodia/Laos/Vietnam So we decided perhapsto go to Malaysia as it will be the dry season there and looks beautiful. We are thinking of flying into Bangkok and spending 3 weeks in Thailand, then the next 3 in Malaysia flying back out of Kuala Lumpur. After reading a lot of ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,664 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by Thomas922 on 5/2/2011 at 18:04

Laos or the Thai islands?

Posted by jroo88 on 24/1/2011 at 17:43

I went travelling around Cambodia, Vietnam and Laos last year with a brief visit to Bangkok and Chiang Mai. I didnt get chance to check out any of the thai islands as I needed to be back in the UK. I loved every place I visited but Laos was by far the favourite! I'm planning on going back this year at the end of August for 3 weeks with my boyfriend. My boyfriend likes a mix of activities, nightlife and culture like I do, but he's a bit more attached to his home comforts and doesnt want to do to ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,052 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by Thomas922 on 5/2/2011 at 18:00

Flashpacker Budget per day

Posted by MamaH on 23/1/2011 at 18:28

Hi, I'm travelling to SE Asia this summer for 6 weeks and am having palpatations trying to work out costs! I want to stay in decent accommodation (clean and not shared) but not necessarily hotel quality as its just a bed for the night after all. Also, because of time contraints vs how much I want to see, I'm flying a few legs of the journey. Basically I'm wondering what a decent 'flashpacker' budget should be per day all in (i.e. accommodation, travelspending money etc). That should give me some ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 7,513 times, with 9 replies. Last reply by Thomas922 on 5/2/2011 at 17:55

itenary 2 months asia

Posted by greektraveller on 27/1/2011 at 02:13

I had a look around and still haven't found the perfect itenary for myself. I will be going for 2 months and plan to visit the following countries.1 1.thailand. 2.cambodia 3.laos 4.vietnam i dont mind taking a plane once or twice. any ideas? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 6,094 times, with 8 replies. Last reply by Thomas922 on 5/2/2011 at 17:41

7 days: Cambodia & Vietnam?

Posted by csadoney on 2/2/2011 at 16:02

My sister and I have just 7 days for a trip and were hoping to hit Angkor, Ho Chi Minh City and Ha Long Bay. Is this even possible? If not, would it be better to spend our week in Vietnam or Cambodia? We both really want to experience culture (people, food, architecture), as well as see some great scenery. We're not drinkers or partiers, so have zero interest in night life options. Thanks for any comments and suggestions! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,517 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by Thomas922 on 5/2/2011 at 17:36

South East Asian Airlines - Best flight deals.

Posted by CaptainPlatypus on 24/1/2011 at 20:31

I am currently planning a trip around South East Asia and was wondering if anyone could suggest a few cheap airlines that they have used or know of to get from country to country in the area?? Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,831 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by SBE on 27/1/2011 at 12:52

Power points?

Posted by chicoelnino on 22/1/2011 at 04:46

Just wondering on train travel in SE.Asia are there power points on the train in which one can charge up batters, laptops etc?? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,493 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by Captain_Bob on 27/1/2011 at 00:09

VANG VIANG TO CHIANG MAI

Posted by B3ANO on 25/1/2011 at 15:06

Hi, I need to get to Chiang Mai from Vangviang, I dont really have time to be on a bus for 12 hours+ is NOK air way a reliable source? there flights dont seem to be too bad... it seems going from Laos (Vangviang) is hard to get to chiang mai????? not alot of info really about it other than the dodgey buses that are very time consuming... if i had a week extra up my sleeve id be more than happy for bus but this is not that case. I understand Vang Viang is sort of in the middle of no where so w ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,060 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by Captain_Bob on 26/1/2011 at 23:51

How to get from Penang to Koh Phi Phi in one day without flying?

Posted by sparklesinthesky on 21/1/2011 at 15:10

Hi, we have been a bit silly, and planned a trip where we go straight from Penang (where we have booked) to Koh Phi Phi to meet up with friends (they have booked). But we have only one day to do this trip... without at the time knowing that ferries are not as usual an occurance as we had imagine. The last ferry leaves Phuket at 14:30, and the last ferry leaves Krabi at 16:00.. we are hoping to somehow make the 16:00 ferry - by catching buses. We understand that its a ten hour bus ride, with bord ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 7,566 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by Captain_Bob on 26/1/2011 at 23:40

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page