Photo: Street food Phetchaburi Soi 10, Bangkok.

Southeast Asia forum

web check in for air asia

Posted by trobs on 24/1/2011 at 20:16

Hi all, I've got a quick question about web checkin for international flights. I'm flying from Melbourne to Kuala Lumpur with Air Asia and am planning on doing web checkin. Will I still need to checkin at the AA counter at Melbourne airport or can I go straight through to the gate? (I've only got carryon luggage) Thanks Stephen ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,647 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by swag on 25/1/2011 at 05:02

2 months SEA

Posted by greektraveller on 24/1/2011 at 01:29

Hello there..I am planning my first backpack trip to SE asia this april. I am planning to go for 2 months. Im thinking about 1.thailand (4 weeks) 2-3 days bangkok 3-4 days chiang mai 5-6 co phi phi not sure about the rest.....maybe u got a few good like to see nature, temples etc. 2.laos (1 week) (luang prabang) 3.cambodia (1 week) (angkor wat not sure what else) 4.vietnam (2 weeks) (hochi ming-hanoi and northwest vietnam) my question is. is this trip possible in 2 months time ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,397 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by eastwest on 24/1/2011 at 11:16

First time in SEA, think our itinerary may be too optimistic.. advice please! :)

Posted by sparklesinthesky on 21/1/2011 at 15:31

Hi, we are planning a 5 week trip around SEA... This is our proposed itinerary, but i think we planned it without taking into account the time travel between places, and ferry times. We are also trying to be as economical as possible as this is the beginning of a trip around the world. 21-22nd Feb: Fly into Kuala Lumpar spend two nights, 23-24 take a bus and spend 2 nights on Penang 25 - 26th: spend two nights on Koh Phi Phi ( we are worried about getting here in one day..) 27-1st: spend three ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,276 times, with 9 replies. Last reply by MADMAC on 23/1/2011 at 21:45

Help - Title & Sex wrong on Air Asia we need to change?

Posted by sidewinder on 18/1/2011 at 23:43

Despite booking our flight (Bangkok - Saigon) in November, it is only today that I have noticed that on the booking, my girlfriend, despite having her name right, is listed as a 'Mr' and 'male'. I would imagine it happened when I was booking and I forgot to fill a field in, and it would have gone back and reset everything else on the form and I didn't notice, quite a common occurrence on Air Asia's terrible website. I've tried changing it online but to no avail. Is it going to be something that ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 18,262 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by sidewinder on 22/1/2011 at 22:14

What is the cheapest way to travel round Asia?

Posted by numan99 on 19/1/2011 at 08:41

I'm flying from the UK to Seoul. After that I want to visit Japan (Tokyo), China (Shanghai), Vietnam (Ho Chi Min), and Thailand (Bangkok) before heading back to Seoul to return to the UK. Can anyone suggest the best/cheapest methods of travel between these destinations? Thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 6,374 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by CrankyCarrot on 20/1/2011 at 01:28

Southeast Asia in two weeks

Posted by angiulet on 18/1/2011 at 14:59

Hi- I am thinking to backpack in southeast Asia in August, probably for two weeks. Plan to fly into Bangkok and then would like to do Cambodia and Vietnam. The itinerary would roughly be this: Bangkok (couple of days) – Siem Reap – Phnom Phen – HCMC and up the coast to Hanoi (doing Hue, Hoi An, ect ), then fly back to Bangkok. Is this too much? Should I skip something? Take more flights instead of bus/train? Should I skip Vietnam and do just Thailand and Cambodia? I know 15 days aren’t ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 7,983 times, with 8 replies. Last reply by MADMAC on 20/1/2011 at 00:07

Itinerary Check and scenic suggestion

Posted by Dpullman on 19/1/2011 at 09:39

Hi all, This website is turning out to be a great resource. My Wife and i ( late 20s) are planning a 21 night trip to SE Asia in Late June/July. It will be our first time to Asia. You can classify us as "Flashpackers." We are primarily interested in Nature, scenery, temples, food, culture and craft shopping. We are not partyiers We are basically looking for a Highlight tour of the region since we are not sure if we will be able to go back in the near future. So far, we are looking to ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,506 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by Nokka on 19/1/2011 at 16:11

Help with 35 days itinerary in South East Asia

Posted by leopaik on 16/1/2011 at 15:55

Guys, need ur help with myitinerary to the South East Asia. Iam going tospend 35 days amongst Thailand,Cambodia, Vietnam and Laos. This is my tentativeitinerary: 1. Bangkok 2. Pattaya – Koh Samet 3. Siem Reap 4. Phnom Penh(and Sihaunoukville?) 5. Ho Chi Min City 6. Mekong Delta 7. Hoi An (by plane) 8. Hanoi(by plane) 9. HaLong Bay (or/and Sapa?) 10. Hanoi 11. Luang Prabang 12. Vang vieng (and vientiane?) 13. Chiang mai 14. Bangkok Help me to answer the following questions: 1. Should i skip ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,861 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by caseyprich on 18/1/2011 at 19:23

2 months to cover thailand, laos, cambodia and vietnam. Firsttime travellers!!

Posted by shuggy2985 on 17/1/2011 at 04:01

hi everyone, my wife and i are firstime backpackers and hitting asia first. We are flying into bangkok 28th sept this year then flying out to australia on 27th nov from bangkok again, so it gives us roughly 2months to travel southeast asia. We'd like to do do both the jungles and the islands of thailand then move our way through cambodia seeing as much as possible like wise in lao then north to south in vietnam. Our plan is to flyback to bangkok so we dont have to backtrack overland anywhere and ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,396 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by shuggy2985 on 18/1/2011 at 03:17

4 stop plane tickets

Posted by LeChron on 7/1/2011 at 03:54

Hello, I am planning a trip for 2011 and I would like to get a plane ticket were I can travel from the UK and stop in India, Indonesia, Vietnam and Thailand, so far I have only found around the wolrd tickets that are not specific to my journey, can any one help with any advive on the cheapest and easiest option Thanks : ) ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,102 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by LeChron on 11/1/2011 at 20:22

How to get there?!

Posted by B3ANO on 11/1/2011 at 08:31

Hi, Im heading to Southeast Asia mid febuary to mid march. I fly into Bangkok... I want to see Cambodia (angkor wat) area.. then I want to goto Laos, Vang Veng (tubing) back into thailand to Chiang Mai... then down south towards the beaches to relax for the end of my trip (phuket etc) then back to Bangkok to fly home... any help would be appreciated, i dont have heaps of $$$ so flying to every destination is not an option.. hoping to complete this in the order mentioned. HELP ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,955 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by caseyprich on 11/1/2011 at 12:12

18 year old in need of advice!

Posted by spacecowboy on 7/1/2011 at 12:22

Hello.. I've avidly been reading through threads on this site and have finally got round to setting up an account and making a thread! Basically, i'm going on a trip with a friend which is constricted to just over two months! This is my plan so far, and i would really appreciate any constructive criticism! Bangkok- 3 days Chiang Mai and surrounding areas - 10 days Fly to Hanoi Hanoi - 3 days Halong Bay - 3days Hue- 4 days Hoi an- 3 days Nha Trang- 4 days Saigon 4 days Phnom Penh-4 days Siem ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,442 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by caseyprich on 11/1/2011 at 11:50

Peaceful, beautiful, ACCESSIBLE beach wanted! Does such a thing exist?

Posted by Prestwich on 9/1/2011 at 16:38

Hi everyone. I need some help. My girlfriend and I have a 5-day window and we want to find a quiet beach to relax on somewhere in Asia. We're looking for peace, quiet, and good weather at the end of January. As we have such a short time-frame, we're ideally looking for somewhere that is easily accessible from the major airports - we're travelling from the UK and don't want too many internal flights/trains/ferries that will eat into our vacation time once we arrive in the country. I am open to ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,764 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by eastwest on 10/1/2011 at 11:14

Mobile phone while traveling?

Posted by LeChron on 9/1/2011 at 05:22

Hello there, at some point this year im going on a trip around south east asia for 4months and will be visiting 5 countries, I was just wandering if anyone had any advice on what i should do about my phone situation, (apologies if its a stupid question)....can I buy sim cards easily were ever I am?? or is there like a multi country sim card?? do I bring a duel band phone with me?? any help would be much appreciated thanx LeChron ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 11,623 times, with 8 replies. Last reply by EricQC on 10/1/2011 at 06:23

Budget for 4 months

Posted by LeChron on 8/1/2011 at 16:57

Hello there, I am planning a trip from july-october 2011 and I will be spending 4 months traveling India, Indonesia, Vietnam, Cambodia and Thailand, I've got a ruff idea of budgeting because I did visit Thailand last year but I'm just wondering weather 4000pounds for 4months in these countries will be enough, inc. accommodation, transport, food, beer etc. if any one has any advice it would be much appreciated Peace peeps ; ) ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,274 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by LeChron on 9/1/2011 at 03:04

6 month SE Asia Trip-info appreciated!

Posted by chicoelnino on 2/1/2011 at 08:30

Hi everyone, Myself and my girlfriend will be heading to SE. Asia in June for 6 months in total. I would like to use this thread to ask questions regarding itineary, travel info, money issues and other general stuff. First off, we are from Ireland. And we've been asked by some close friends to go to their wedding in Singapore at the start of june. So we aim to head to Singapore and then start our trip after the wedding. Thing is, we are not sure if its better to fly in and out of Bangkok, and ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,908 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by chicoelnino on 6/1/2011 at 21:37

Gluten Free Eating

Posted by Rawz on 6/1/2011 at 12:33

Does anyone have any advice about gluten free eating in Thailand, Laos, and Cambodia? Someone told me a lot of the soy sauce doesn't have wheat in it, but would like to hear what people have to say. Thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,451 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by Rawz on 6/1/2011 at 13:12

Spontaneous trip to Vietnam/Laos/Cambodia/Burma?

Posted by Thetraveler on 6/1/2011 at 11:01

Hi fellow travelers. I'm a Norwegian currently in Hong Kong and I have 25 days left before my plane leaves Kathmandu back to Norway. I did not have time to do any planning before my trip so I've figured out where to go while traveling. Which has been fun, but has it's stressing moments, like now. I do not know where to go next. The Vietnam/Laos/Cambodia region looks really interesting, but I have no Visa and not much knowledge on the region. I really enjoy sunny, warm, cheap places with intere ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,819 times, with no replies.

Photography trip through SE ASIA

Posted by chocmint on 28/12/2010 at 15:27

Hi all, I have just come accross this website and it is Amazing! Great job, very informative and so helpful. I have just started to do a bit of research on traveling in South East Asia. I am from Adelaide am planning to go there for the first time in October 2011 for 4-5 weeks. I was thinking of starting at Singapore and heading up the peninsula through Malaysia, then Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam and possibly Hong Kong. I know this is alot for just a 4 or 5 weeks, I realise that you could spend ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,379 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by chocmint on 28/12/2010 at 18:21

Internet cafes.....webcams?

Posted by theothervaletguy on 27/12/2010 at 15:00

Quick question....Generally, do most internet cafes have webcams at each computer? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,684 times, with no replies.

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page