Photo: Street food Phetchaburi Soi 10, Bangkok.

Southeast Asia forum

Bangkok to Hanoi or Vice Versa,?

Posted by Marlbs on 24/8/2009 at 19:06

I arrive in Bangkok at the begining of October and have 10 weeks before flying back out from there home. I want to go to Nth Thailand, down through Laos and Cambodia and up through Vietnam to Hanoi then fly back to Bangkok. I'm not sure whether to do the above route or do it in reverse starting with the flight to Hanoi. Does it really make any difference and is there any advantage one direction has over the other? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,128 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by Marlbs on 15/10/2009 at 14:02

1 month in SEA- Itinerary advice please! :)

Posted by Karlap on 8/10/2009 at 22:06

Hello all! I am planning a trip to SEA in the beginning of March. I have 1 month (with my friends) and have to make the plans! I have read so much information on here and its been so helpful. At first I was trying to go to Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand and Laos all in 1 month! I understand now that is not a mart move! So here's 2 ideas I have come up with and any advice, critiques, or any mumbo jumbo will be greatly appreciated! (Please keep in mind that these are VERY rough drafts- all ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,174 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by Karlap on 14/10/2009 at 14:41

Best way to travel by land from Bangkok,Laos,Cambodia and Malaysia?

Posted by cij on 11/10/2009 at 01:23

For our 4 weeks of our holiday we want to travel from Thailand to Laos,Cambodia and Malaysia I know we wont have a lot of time in each place but was wondering if anyone knew the best route to take by land aside from airflight to each place? And travel time scales from each place to another? if anyone has any info they could share, that would be very much appreciated. thanks, cij ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 8,641 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by MADMAC on 13/10/2009 at 23:03

Still learning- Help with SE asia trip

Posted by Karlap on 6/10/2009 at 18:16

Hello all! I am planning a trip to SE asia in March. I first plan on going to Vietnam for about 2 weeks. Afterwards, I want to see Laos, Thailand, Malaysia and Singapore (possibly Cambodia). I will have 4 friends flying to meet me who really want to see Thailand and as much else as they can. They will only be here for 1 month. I will be here longer- not too many time restraints- about 1 1/2-2 months. I would appreciate any help with paths to take to optimize our time and tips on the bes ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,867 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by MADMAC on 11/10/2009 at 18:09

Serious itinerary help needed please... :-P

Posted by think87 on 30/9/2009 at 06:48

Really apprecaite any advice that can be given here. I did my best to give you guys something to work with since I dont want to plan to much. Leave November 5th and return April 1st Ok so I threw up a rough itinerary that is widely open to suggestions and adjustments. November 6 – 8 Bangkok 9 – 11 Ayutthaya 12 – 21 Need Suggestions. Want to make 2 -3 stops following the train north until Chiang Mai 22 Bangkok 23 – 29 Kanchanaburi for river kwai festival and Sangkhl ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,870 times, with 15 replies. Last reply by wanderingcat on 11/10/2009 at 07:13

2 - 3 month adventure - Thailand/Laos/Vietnam/Cambodia!

Posted by rachel0621 on 19/8/2009 at 10:20

Hi! Friends and I are doing a 2 - 3 moth trip to south-east asia in November. We plan to fly into Phuket on the 1st Nov and then make the journey by bus/boat to Koh Phangan for the Nov full moon party. We want to travel by land up to Laos straight after the party and spend a few weeks in Laos tubing :) and possibly find some work! We then plan to travel by land to Vietnam where we will meet friends on the 18th Dec and spend a couple of days exploring. If we have enough time we hope to m ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 6,479 times, with 16 replies. Last reply by rachel0621 on 7/10/2009 at 10:23

leaving in a week- looking for feedback on final routing!

Posted by Seba on 7/10/2009 at 00:00

Hey guys, I'm looking for some feedback on my final trip details fro my 2-month SE-Asia adventure...all feedback appreciated! October 16-18: Bangkok 19: take early train to Ayutthaya, and spend the night there 20: Lopburi during the day, then take overnight train to Chiang Mai 21-22: Chiang Mai and surroundings (Doi Suthep, rafting, elephants,...) 23-25: 3day/2night trekking to local villages 26: take bus to Chiang Kong, cross border to Huay Xai , check in with Gibbon Experience ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,162 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 7/10/2009 at 07:16

flying Vientiane-Kualu Lumpur-HCMC for budget reasons-via needed?

Posted by Seba on 5/10/2009 at 02:43

Hi guys, I'm looking into the option of flying with Air Asia from Vientiane to Kuala Lumpur and then directly to HCMC the same day. Logistically maybe quite strange, but much cheaper than flying with Vietnam Airlines directly from Vientiane to HCMC (=about 2x as expensive). Now my quesiton is: would I need any visum to do this transfer? And would it be ok luggage wise? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,310 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by chrispyrolls on 5/10/2009 at 03:31

I am in Koh Phangan now, it rains. Where to spend next 2 months?

Posted by vladix on 2/10/2009 at 02:37

I have plenty of time. But not plenty of money. My initial plan was to move slowly through Malaysia to Indonesia. Did not take wet seasons into consideration... Is it good idea (weather wise) to go to Laos and Vietnam now? Or somewhere else? I would not mind coming back to this island afterwards and spend here half-a-year before proceeding with my original plan. Partying and sightseeing are not really for me. I am looking for tranquillity, nature, seaside (didn't get enough of it yet). ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,277 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by newarrior on 4/10/2009 at 21:35

Udon Thani to Ubon Ratchathani by bus

Posted by davina1947 on 19/9/2009 at 03:52

We will be in Udon Thani in March 2010 we want to travel to Ubon by bus, is there a bus straight through or do we have to change somewhere. Also can we get a train from Ubon to Chiang Mai? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 11,036 times, with 10 replies. Last reply by neosho on 2/10/2009 at 08:30

2 months in SÊ-Asia - feedback on trip details much appreciated!

Posted by Seba on 30/9/2009 at 03:40

Hi guys, I'm leaving with my gf (we're both 23) to Se-Asia on the 15th of October for a big graduation trip. By reading tons on this forum and information from friends I have finally come up with a detailed route. Feed-back much appreciated: October: 16-18: Bangkok 19: fly to Surat Thani and check in at Khao Sok national park 20-21: Khao Sok. In the evening head for Khao Lak and spend the night there 22: early boat for a daytrip to the Similan Islands. Spend evening again in Khao L ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,007 times, with 8 replies. Last reply by Seba on 2/10/2009 at 06:01

Vietnam or cambodia......

Posted by think87 on 29/9/2009 at 10:24

My long awaited 5 month trip is coming next month and although i'm not planning much and kind of just winging it as to an itinerary as i might want to stay in one place longer than planned etc, i do want to have a rough idea of how long in each country. I'm doing about a 5 weeks in Thailand, 6 weeks in Laos , 4 weeks in Malaysia and 1 week in Singapore. Vietnam and cambodia are left to fill the remaining time however im not sure whether to put it towards one or the othere, both, or neither ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,904 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by think87 on 30/9/2009 at 07:33

Fights Siem Reap to Danang

Posted by KazAussie on 28/9/2009 at 18:55

Hi, From my looking around on the internet it appears only Silk Air flys direct. I had wanted to travel 28 december but best I can get is 26th for $112USD. Do you know if there is any likelihood that more seats will become available? I know Vietnam Air do the trip (with a stop over in HCM) but their website is so confusing for multi stop journeys I can't even get a price (it keeps crashing when looking for HCM to Danang). Anyone know of any other airlines that do that route? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,172 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by KazAussie on 29/9/2009 at 14:12

Bus from Chiang Mai - Chiang Saen

Posted by davina1947 on 25/9/2009 at 01:27

Anyone have any info about buses from Chiang Mai to Chiang Saen, also trains from BKK to Chiang Mai ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,811 times, with no replies.

Itinerary Help!

Posted by erichlin on 24/9/2009 at 05:41

I will be flying out of the states on 11/26 and will make it to SE asia on 11/27. I will fly out of SE asia on 12/20. This is 23 nights. I would like to ideally make it to the full moon festival in Koh Phangan on 12/2. How much better is that than the half moon festival? Here's what I have so far for my itinerary. 11/27-11/30- Bangkok, Thailand Fly, and boat to 11/30-12/3 - Koh Phangan, Thailand Boat and fly to 12/3-12/6 -Siem Reap cambodia drive to 12/6-12/8 - Phnom Penh ca ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,688 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 24/9/2009 at 15:42

Thailand, Laos, Cambodia: Another itinerary to rate!

Posted by jonny5 on 17/9/2009 at 13:14

Hello everyone, I'm an American student currently living in Japan. This whole thing started as a glorified visa run, but I eventually decided on make a real (but too short) trip out of it. I'm a reasonably experienced traveller (probably not experienced as most of you, though!), but this will be my first time in SE Asia. As much as I want to have an "authentic" experience and meet and interact with locals, I can't help but notice my current plans are pretty much only the big tourist hot ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,439 times, with 11 replies. Last reply by MADMAC on 23/9/2009 at 00:41

Flights Hanoi to laos then to houay xai

Posted by 21days on 22/9/2009 at 08:12

We are planning a trip this january and wanted to know if we would be alright to book our flights when we get there. Have been told it is cheaper and we aren't sure if we should fly in to Vientiane or Luang Prabang from Hanoi. And if you can fly luang prabang to houay xai? We mainly want to wait so we can have a day or 2 flexibility Any opinions ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,682 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 22/9/2009 at 17:24

asean vaap airpass

Posted by apertyx on 17/9/2009 at 09:04

Good Day, Has anyone used this and, more importantly, know how to obtain it. I called Thai Airways in the states and they were clueless. A travel agent has contacted them to be able to sell it to me but they don't respond. Thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,912 times, with no replies.

Standard Bangkok/Laos/Cambodia itinerary to have a look at!

Posted by dedwood on 9/9/2009 at 21:07

This is my first post here and like many others, its an itinerary! I have had a good look around the site and got a few good ideas, but would like some input on what we have so far. We would like to basically have a great time - do the touristy thing, get off the track if we can, have a few drinks, chill out, shopping, meet people etc. I imagine that temple fatigue will set in after a few - but we are pretty keen to see Angkor Wat. We have left out Vietnam here though if there are some su ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,032 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by MADMAC on 16/9/2009 at 13:21

Cambodia to Veitnam

Posted by cassrose on 16/9/2009 at 07:10

Hi, have been looking around the website but want to get some more info and how i go about getting from Chau Doc to Can Tho then to Saigon. We have decided to spend most of our time in Cambodia and Laos but want to check out a bit of Vietnam. I was thinking Chau Doc - Can Tho - Saigon then onto either Da Lat by air or Nha Trang then onto Hoi An and Hue before heading over to Laos. Not sure what kind of time we should be looking at for this... after Thailand we have around 4 an ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,209 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 16/9/2009 at 08:31

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page