Photo: Street food Phetchaburi Soi 10, Bangkok.

Southeast Asia forum

Fights Siem Reap to Danang

Posted by KazAussie on 28/9/2009 at 18:55

Hi, From my looking around on the internet it appears only Silk Air flys direct. I had wanted to travel 28 december but best I can get is 26th for $112USD. Do you know if there is any likelihood that more seats will become available? I know Vietnam Air do the trip (with a stop over in HCM) but their website is so confusing for multi stop journeys I can't even get a price (it keeps crashing when looking for HCM to Danang). Anyone know of any other airlines that do that route? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,156 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by KazAussie on 29/9/2009 at 14:12

Bus from Chiang Mai - Chiang Saen

Posted by davina1947 on 25/9/2009 at 01:27

Anyone have any info about buses from Chiang Mai to Chiang Saen, also trains from BKK to Chiang Mai ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,791 times, with no replies.

Itinerary Help!

Posted by erichlin on 24/9/2009 at 05:41

I will be flying out of the states on 11/26 and will make it to SE asia on 11/27. I will fly out of SE asia on 12/20. This is 23 nights. I would like to ideally make it to the full moon festival in Koh Phangan on 12/2. How much better is that than the half moon festival? Here's what I have so far for my itinerary. 11/27-11/30- Bangkok, Thailand Fly, and boat to 11/30-12/3 - Koh Phangan, Thailand Boat and fly to 12/3-12/6 -Siem Reap cambodia drive to 12/6-12/8 - Phnom Penh ca ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,669 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 24/9/2009 at 15:42

Thailand, Laos, Cambodia: Another itinerary to rate!

Posted by jonny5 on 17/9/2009 at 13:14

Hello everyone, I'm an American student currently living in Japan. This whole thing started as a glorified visa run, but I eventually decided on make a real (but too short) trip out of it. I'm a reasonably experienced traveller (probably not experienced as most of you, though!), but this will be my first time in SE Asia. As much as I want to have an "authentic" experience and meet and interact with locals, I can't help but notice my current plans are pretty much only the big tourist hot ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,417 times, with 11 replies. Last reply by MADMAC on 23/9/2009 at 00:41

Flights Hanoi to laos then to houay xai

Posted by 21days on 22/9/2009 at 08:12

We are planning a trip this january and wanted to know if we would be alright to book our flights when we get there. Have been told it is cheaper and we aren't sure if we should fly in to Vientiane or Luang Prabang from Hanoi. And if you can fly luang prabang to houay xai? We mainly want to wait so we can have a day or 2 flexibility Any opinions ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,657 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 22/9/2009 at 17:24

asean vaap airpass

Posted by apertyx on 17/9/2009 at 09:04

Good Day, Has anyone used this and, more importantly, know how to obtain it. I called Thai Airways in the states and they were clueless. A travel agent has contacted them to be able to sell it to me but they don't respond. http://www.visitasean.travel/AirPass.aspx?MCID=78 Thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,894 times, with no replies.

Standard Bangkok/Laos/Cambodia itinerary to have a look at!

Posted by dedwood on 9/9/2009 at 21:07

This is my first post here and like many others, its an itinerary! I have had a good look around the site and got a few good ideas, but would like some input on what we have so far. We would like to basically have a great time - do the touristy thing, get off the track if we can, have a few drinks, chill out, shopping, meet people etc. I imagine that temple fatigue will set in after a few - but we are pretty keen to see Angkor Wat. We have left out Vietnam here though if there are some su ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,005 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by MADMAC on 16/9/2009 at 13:21

Cambodia to Veitnam

Posted by cassrose on 16/9/2009 at 07:10

Hi, have been looking around the website but want to get some more info and how i go about getting from Chau Doc to Can Tho then to Saigon. We have decided to spend most of our time in Cambodia and Laos but want to check out a bit of Vietnam. I was thinking Chau Doc - Can Tho - Saigon then onto either Da Lat by air or Nha Trang then onto Hoi An and Hue before heading over to Laos. Not sure what kind of time we should be looking at for this... after Thailand we have around 4 an ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,189 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 16/9/2009 at 08:31

Itinerary help

Posted by NewbieC on 15/9/2009 at 19:06

Hi Myself and my other half are doing 70 days in SE Asia...Just wanted to get some ideas on itinerary... if you think we could skip some place/spend more time in some. We're keen for a mixed experience beaches, trekking, busy, quiet etc...and we don't mind flying a bit as some flights as so cheap and save you days (but I still need to look more into this) Day 1-3 Bangkok Day 3-9 South Thailand (Beach) Day 10-15 South Laos (fly into)Bay 1000 islands Day 16-17 Vietanne (maybe fly?) Day ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,914 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 15/9/2009 at 20:08

6 weeks in southeast asia

Posted by cassrose on 13/9/2009 at 15:26

Hey, A friend and are planning a 6 week trip, spending xmas/new year in thailand then heading to laos. What im wondering is will 5 weeks be enough for Laos, Vietnam and Combodia. I was thinking around 5 days in Combodia, mostly just wanting to see siem reap and maybe around kep. Anyone have any suggestions on how to do it and best places to go etc Thanks :-) ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 9,570 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by cassrose on 15/9/2009 at 06:19

Cambodia, Laos and/or Vietnam

Posted by jclarkson on 13/9/2009 at 15:20

I realize hitting all three in only a few week is pretty much impossible. I would love some advice as to which two of the three to do and why, thanks. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,036 times, with 8 replies. Last reply by MADMAC on 14/9/2009 at 12:40

Quick Itinerary

Posted by jclarkson on 10/9/2009 at 02:24

I am planning a very quick trip (3 weeks) and really want to hit Cambodia, Laos and Vietnam. I'm looking for some fun party spots as well as some more secluded rural areas as well as the must see temples and nature related sights. Any tips on places to go or how to get around quickly and relatively cheaply (with the emphasis though on quickly) would be greatly appreciated. I know it's a short time to spend in that part of the world, however, unfortunately I just don't have the time to spend any ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,127 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by jclarkson on 14/9/2009 at 08:31

First ever trip..need a LOT of advice!

Posted by sidewinder on 15/4/2009 at 04:09

Right, here goes... Ive managed to get a 2 month(ish) sabbatical from work to go travelling. Leaving at the end of June, returning at the end of August/start of September. Budget around £3,000 I've gone to a lot of different places before..but always with family/friends, in nice hotels, and never in SE Asia. So this is new, and pretty scary for me. Most worrying thing is getting it all sorted! So far I havent even booked a flight! Essentially, I'm planning to get an Air Asia flight ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,282 times, with 13 replies. Last reply by MADMAC on 8/9/2009 at 11:43

HELP!!thailand,malaysia and singapore 35 days

Posted by matimulinaris on 1/8/2009 at 14:27

hello everybody im new here and i will be travelling on 27th of august to bangkok and stay there for 5 weeks. does someone has a good itinerary to recommend me about this 3 countries. because of the weather i think is better to go to malaysian beaches than thailand beaches. another question with a USD1000 will be enough to do this?or how much i need? thanks, matias ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 7,001 times, with 43 replies. Last reply by matimulinaris on 7/9/2009 at 23:19

Some advice on Thailand-Vietnam-Cambodia itinerary please!

Posted by lucky13 on 13/8/2009 at 10:23

Hi there, I am looking for some advice on this proposed itinerary for a trip to Thailand, Vietnam and Cambodia in late Dec-mid Feb. I will be traveling with my boyfriend, we are both 20. I have been in and around Saigon and Bangkok when I was younger, but basically we are both newbies to the region. We are looking for a trip that allows us to get a feel for the region, see some of the big sites, but also slow down and explore a few cities/areas a bit more to get a feel for them. I would lo ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,679 times, with 15 replies. Last reply by BruceMoon on 6/9/2009 at 19:27

help with route planning...problem being the 30 day max stay in Thailand!!

Posted by jenmoore on 4/9/2009 at 22:25

On the 8th October I am heading out to Bangkok. My plan is to travel around Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam, Loas and also Malaysia. I have given myself 12 weeks in which to travel, 5 of which I wish to spend exploring Thailand. I understand the max time in Thailand is 30 days, so I was thinking would it be better to: 1) Travel northern thailand, laos, vietnam, cambodia, then come back into thailand and travel the southern section and then over to malaysia 2) OR to travel cambodia, vietnam ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,180 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by BruceMoon on 5/9/2009 at 06:34

Visa

Posted by jenmoore on 4/9/2009 at 22:17

On the 8th October I am heading out to Bangkok. My plan is to travel around Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam, Loas and also Malaysia. I have given myself 12 weeks in which to travel, 5 of which I wish to spend exploring Thailand. I understand the max time in Thailand is 30 days, so I was thinking would it be better to: 1) Travel northern thailand, laos, vietnam, cambodia, then come back into thailand and travel the southern section and then over to malaysia 2) OR to travel cambodia, vietnam ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,907 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by BruceMoon on 5/9/2009 at 06:10

Revised itinerary for 2.5 months SE Asia

Posted by mlr on 1/9/2009 at 20:15

Hey! Thanks to all the helpful feedback and advice on this site i have now revised our itinerary for our trip to SE Asia in November and heres what it looks like now! The only sections that are tied are the initial couple of weeks up until the flight to Luang Prabang where car hire, etc is booked and then the end of the trip where 2 nights accommodation in Phuket and the flight back up to Bangkok are booked. We are really just going to be using this as a rough guide once we are out ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,003 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by BruceMoon on 3/9/2009 at 06:09

3 weeks Thailand/Indochina - entry/exit Bangkok

Posted by davetherave on 3/9/2009 at 04:05

Hi, it's my first posting time on this forum, and I can already see there is a wealth of experience and good advice out there. Hopefully you'll be able to point me in the right direction. I'm planning a 3 week trip with the only constraint at the moment that it begins and ends in Bangkok. The trip is a honeymoon, although this does not mean we just want to spend 3 weeks on a beach (we live in Spain, so beaches are not in short supply). My initial thought was Bangkok, Laos, Northern Vietnam ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,725 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by BruceMoon on 3/9/2009 at 05:49

4000 Islands to Siem Reap

Posted by angfonz on 13/8/2009 at 17:55

I figured this would be pretty simple to do, but from what I've been reading - it might just be the opposite. I had intended on going from Don Khone to Stung Treng , then on to Siem Reap directly, but I hear you cant do that? Are there any particular routes that anyone would recommend? Do I need to go to Stung Treng and then Kampong Cham and finally to Siem Reap, or is there a way to skip the Kampong Cham stop? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,971 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by traveldoc77 on 2/9/2009 at 16:47

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page