Photo: Street food Phetchaburi Soi 10, Bangkok.

Southeast Asia forum

Cambodia to Vietnam

Posted by gracetandil on 17/7/2009 at 22:33

What steps should I follow to cross from Cambodia to Vietnam? My idea is to go southwards from P. Penh to Saigón. In order to save time my first idea was to take a flight from P. Penh to Saigon, but if I do so I won´t see the Mekong River delta with those floating markets. Can you help me, please? What might be the fastest way to go from P. Penh to Saigón seeing at least 1 floating market? Is it possible? How long does it take to go from P. Penh to Saigon visiting either Can Tho or Chau Do ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,023 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by gracetandil on 19/7/2009 at 00:10

18 says in Asia

Posted by fiddlerd on 16/7/2009 at 20:26

Hello - My fiance and I are planning our honeymoon for late October early November. We are planning on 18 days in Thailand, but would really like to see Vietnam too. Do we have enough time? What should we do? Thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,954 times, with 11 replies. Last reply by neosho on 18/7/2009 at 21:42

Ho Chi Minh to Siem Reap

Posted by fiddlerd on 17/7/2009 at 02:30

What is the best and most economical way to get from Ho Chi Minh to Siem Reap? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 6,170 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by MADMAC on 17/7/2009 at 11:12

2 months in asia - september/october- help with itinerary

Posted by buecax on 15/7/2009 at 22:23

hi all, i´ve never been to asia and i´ve got about 2 months for my "trip of a lifetime" ;-) sadly i have to back by the beginning of november, so i have to travel during the rain season. my planned itinerary so far: 1 week in tokio and surrounds flight (via kl) to bali 1 week in bali (ubud?) flight back to kl 2/3 days in kuala lumpur flight to hanoi 5 -6 weeks to travel overland from hanoi (and halong bay) - luang prabang - vang vieng - vientiane - phnom penh - sieam reap - b ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,356 times, with 8 replies. Last reply by BruceMoon on 16/7/2009 at 19:03

Weather in August: to go, or not to go? Honeymoon question!

Posted by ssubo on 15/4/2006 at 01:53

First I wanted to say hi to everyone! We've recently discovered this forum and we love the information it has. We have a question and would like to hear what other travelers have to say about it... We are getting married by the end of July (yes, I know, that's another issue I will deal with in another forum... ) and we are planning our Honeymoon for the first three weeks in August. We were extremely excited about South-East Asia, particularly Thailand, Laos, Vietnam and Cambodia, but read in ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 97,204 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by MADMAC on 12/7/2009 at 18:37

Where is the real Golden Triangle

Posted by tropicaladventure on 25/5/2009 at 17:53

Soon I will leave thailand,,,wishing to experiance The Golden Triangle.,, I have seen on the net the tourist location to buy gifts,dvd's etc,,,but that not the reson for me going there, I wanted to try some other things there the real illegal stuff in the golden triangle,,, where is it Laos or Burma? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,374 times, with 18 replies. Last reply by BruceMoon on 12/7/2009 at 06:46

Yet another Indochina Newbie Itinerary Breakdown.

Posted by angfonz on 8/7/2009 at 01:29

I’ve been pouring over this site for weeks. Let me begin by thanking everyone that contributes to both the forums and the site – this resource is completely invaluable. With that said, I’m rather embarrassed at needing to ask itinerary questions, but I feel that my questions are rather specific and require a more human touch. Anyway, here’s the deal: So, the girlfriend and I only have 4 weeks off in between semesters. Having done several mad dash trips in the past, it would have been my ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,968 times, with 13 replies. Last reply by BruceMoon on 12/7/2009 at 06:35

Teaching In SE Asia

Posted by think87 on 8/7/2009 at 10:01

I know of a few friends who teach in Taiwan, and a college degree is a requirement to teach as well as a TEFL. Does anyone one know if Vietnam, Laos, or Thailand also require a college degree? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,374 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by SBE on 11/7/2009 at 07:22

Yet another itinerary submission

Posted by jay66fr on 9/7/2009 at 00:02

Hi everyone, I'll be spending a month in SE Asia from 12 July to 10 August. Any remarks concerning my planned itinerary are welcome. Itinerary: 12, 13, 14 July : Bangkok 15, 16, 17 July : Ho Chi Minh 18 to 24 July : Tra Vinh, Soc Trang, Can Tho (I'll be staying a week there because I'll be visiting my father who settled in Soc Trang 12 years ago after he retired) 25, 26 July : Hanoi (we'll be flying there with my dad) 27, 28 July : Halong Bay 29, 30 July : Hué 31 July, 1 A ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,224 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by BruceMoon on 9/7/2009 at 18:59

Tour of Southeast Asia..Help

Posted by ilookold on 28/6/2009 at 18:40

hello, i am trying to plan for a 1 year trip to southeast asia. its really a diving trip. im in no hurry to go anywhere, if i like a place i would like to stay there longer than other places. i want to stay close to the beach but be in a place that i can take and go up country too. i have been to thailand a few times and love it. i would like to go back there and also the rest of southeast asia. my biggest concern would be what an estimated cost would be. im not to picky on nice hotels. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,738 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by thailand_asia on 8/7/2009 at 17:33

Where should I go?

Posted by AyanamiNal on 7/7/2009 at 22:07

I've booked myself some cheap AirAsia flights from London to KL - I arrive in the evening of 26th September and fly back to London in the afternoon of 9th October. My plan is to to spend 11 days travelling through Laos. I've posted a particular query in relation to that trip in the Laos forum. However, I am keen not to discount other possibilities - from KL I can fly pretty much anywhere in SE Asia on AirAsia, so I wondered if anyone had any other places I should perhaps consider before ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,834 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by BruceMoon on 8/7/2009 at 07:14

3 week roundtrip Thailand - Cambodja - Vietnam

Posted by Lawoat on 30/6/2009 at 00:29

Hi All, Me and 2 friends are currently doing some research for our 3 week roundtrip in South East Asia in November. We are defenitely interested in history (I studied archeology at university ;-), culture, nature. No interest in beaches ;-) Please find below the itinerary so far: - Brussels - Bangkok - 2 full days in Bangkok - Travel by train and bus overland to Siem Reap - 2 full days in Siem Reap - travel to Pnom Penh by boat - 2 full days in Pnom Penh - travel from Pnom Penh to ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,639 times, with 13 replies. Last reply by MADMAC on 3/7/2009 at 21:24

Itinerary too crazy?

Posted by travelingchinese on 2/7/2009 at 22:04

We will be flying in between each connection... but it just seems so tiring (I am getting tired just reviewing this itinerary). What do you think we should cut out? We only have two weeks, and will not be back in South East Asia for a while (sad): 5-Aug Chicago to Hong Kong 6-Aug Hong Kong to Hanoi 7-Aug Hanoi to Halong Bay 8-Aug Halong Bay 9-Aug Halong Bay - Hanoi 10-Aug Hanoi - Luang Prabang 11-Aug Luang Prabang 12-Aug Luang Prabang 13-Aug Luang Prabang to Siem Reap 14-Aug Siem ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,923 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by BruceMoon on 3/7/2009 at 09:08

Opinions and suggestions needed - 4wk trip

Posted by Sparts on 5/6/2009 at 05:06

Hi everyone. I'm travelling to SE Asia in July - it's all very last minute so I'm hoping that you guys could be kind enough to help me with my plans. I'm changing employers so have managed to engineer myself a 4 week gap between jobs :D To be quite honest I am very open to suggestions on what can't be missed to any of these destinations. Especially the first few days in Bangkok. I've been quite ignorant of Asia in the past and so my knowledge of the area, although gaining monmentum is still pr ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,605 times, with 14 replies. Last reply by BruceMoon on 3/7/2009 at 06:34

40 days and nights Bangkok to Hanoi?

Posted by mandor700 on 26/6/2009 at 12:17

Hi, Am brand new to these forums but have been enjoying this website for the last few months of idle planning/wish-list making for a trip through SE Asia in Nov/Dec 09. We have from the 15th of November until the 25th of December and our ideal route would take us from BK through Cambodia and up Vietnam before flying back from Hanoi . Having read a few posts here however I'm a little concerned as to whether this would be doable/enjoyable for this amount of time. We are both relatively ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,330 times, with 8 replies. Last reply by MADMAC on 30/6/2009 at 16:51

Help with itinerary

Posted by luchy1309 on 27/6/2009 at 19:57

Hello! my husband and I have been traveling in Thailand and Laos (only Luan Prabang so far) for the last month. Our original plan was to follow the itinerary recommended here of the 4 countries (Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam); however, we're thinking on skipping some of the small towns in Laos and Cambodia due to time matters. I would like if someone could please let me know if what we're planning on doing is reasonable: Luan Prabang - Van Vieng (bus) Van Vieng - Viantiene (bus) ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,152 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by BruceMoon on 29/6/2009 at 06:39

Blogs worth reading

Posted by somtam2000 on 17/6/2009 at 09:48

Regular readers will know I occasionally give a plug to blogs and websites I reckon are worth reading. So, read on. First, one of my favourite Asia travel blogs is Travelhappy. Written by British diving dude Chris Mitchell, he also pens a bunch of other websites including Dive Happy which is a diving guide to SE Asia. If you've got a thing for diving in SE Asia, give it a read. But, back to Travelhappy, anyone heading to Bangkok, ought to read 12 Ways To Seriously Injure Yourself On A Bang ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,088 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by swag on 18/6/2009 at 12:39

advice please. 6-8 weeks in S.E.A...never been to the region

Posted by splash on 15/6/2009 at 00:27

hi all. in going to the region in early january 2010 for anywhere between 6 to 8 weeks. i fly into bangkok and leave out of singapore. i have lived in the caribbean for 4 yrs so spending every day in the sun or on the beach isnt a top priority but would be nice to have some chill out time. i can fly, bus, train or boat where need be. my basic plan so far is this but i dont have any set idea's on time in all the places... into bkk -2-3 days bkk - pattaya - 3 days then back to bkk ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,504 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by DLuek on 18/6/2009 at 10:30

Laos, Cambodia or somewhere in northern Thailand?

Posted by hallf_brick on 16/6/2009 at 14:26

We're going to be in Thailand in the beginning of July and have a week that we're trying to decide what to do with. Initially we planned on catching the overnight train up to Laos, having a few chilled out nights in Vientiane and a couple of crazy nights tubing in Viang Veng. Now we're thinking about Cambodia, because we've heard good things. But aren't sure of the logistics of it, or where to best go. We're basically looking for somewhere we can get to by overnight train, that will b ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,230 times, with 8 replies. Last reply by MADMAC on 17/6/2009 at 18:38

Trip Planning Help Please!

Posted by joezinho on 11/6/2009 at 22:18

Hello All! Looking for some help if possible please! We are leaving on August 6th for a three week tour from Beijing to Hong Kong. We then plan to take in Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Thailand, Malaysia befor flying back from Singapore in early December. I have been scratching my head trying to work out the most viable route! We want to see as much as possible but not rush! Can anyone please let me have their thoughts on a sensible/viable route. Many many thanks, Joe. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,256 times, with 9 replies. Last reply by BruceMoon on 16/6/2009 at 18:30

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page