Photo: Street food Phetchaburi Soi 10, Bangkok.

Southeast Asia forum

Looking for advice on my ten day itinerary.

Posted by ktb690 on 11/5/2009 at 23:26

So yes, I know this will not do South East Asia justice but we are foreign students studying in Beijing that don't have any time and we want to just do what we can. If you have time look over my brief itinerary for a second and let me know ANYTHING that could help! I appreciate anyone's comments and suggestions! I am planning this kinda on my own so this website has been EXTREMELY helpful. We are students so we don't really care about poor conditions, money is tight but not to the point that ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,123 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by brucemoon on 12/5/2009 at 14:37

Best Beaches / Islands - Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam

Posted by Jenniferious on 9/5/2009 at 07:03

I'm in South East Asia (Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam) for 10 weeks this summer. I'd like some recommendations on which beaches would be best to visit in July / August. Somewhere pretty, maybe a little off the beaten track. I only want to do one beachy place in that time so I need to make it somewhere good. Cheers :) ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 19,075 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by brucemoon on 10/5/2009 at 06:51

Terrific photos of islands in Thailand

Posted by somtam2000 on 6/5/2009 at 20:06

Some time ago, we started up a Travelfish Flickr group which meant that if you used Flickr for your pics you could add them to the Travelfish group and they'd show up on Travelfish. The group is slowly growing -- we've got 37 members and just shy of 800 photos now, and while there's loads of great pics, today I spied a bunch of classic Thai beach shots (primarily Ko Ngai and Ko Mook) by NathanChor and I suggest, if you're planning some beach time, that you go check out his pics -- right now ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,285 times, with no replies.

Our 10 week plan for SE Asia. Advice needed.

Posted by vickerella on 21/4/2009 at 06:55

Hi everyone, Am very excited as a friend and I finally booked our flights to and from bangkok for our trip to SE Asia this summer from the 4th July to 11th September. We have a plan of sorts that I've mostly come up with from using travelfish but I would love to hear whether you think its feasible. I've mapped roughly how many days we will probably stay in a given place which includes travelling time but we're very flexible. The only strict dates we have are that we have to meet a friend in ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,952 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by brucemoon on 4/5/2009 at 08:32

Bangkok, Cambodia, and Laos in 4 weeks- itinerary advice?

Posted by curstilace on 9/4/2009 at 14:06

Hello. :) I'm planning a trip for August-early September. This is a rough itinerary I've come up with. I'd appreciate any suggestions. Aug 6 Fly Osaka-Bangkok Aug 7 Bangkok Aug 8 Border crossing to Siem Reap Aug 9-11 Siem Reap Aug 12 Transit to Phnom Penh Aug 13-14 Phnom Penh Aug 15 Transit to Kampong Cham Aug 16 Kampong Cham Aug 17 Head to Laos Aug 18-21 Don Dhet Aug 22 Transit to Champasak Aug 23-24 Champasak Aug 25 Transit to Savannukhet Aug 26-27 Savannukhet ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,949 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by brucemoon on 3/5/2009 at 06:25

Cambodia/Laos/Vietnam in 3 weeks only??

Posted by Intrepid82 on 21/4/2009 at 11:38

I am having trouble trying to fit Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos into three weeks! I have the option of a 10 day tour of Vietnam (with the option of travelling north from HCMC or South from Hanoi). I am trying to find the most time and cost efficient way to include the following places in my trip: Siem Reap/ Angkor Wat Vientiane Vang Vieng Luang Prabang The maximum time I can spend is 21 days. I would like at least 3 days in Luang Prabang, and 3 days in Angkor. Any help on fig ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 23,922 times, with 16 replies. Last reply by brucemoon on 2/5/2009 at 10:13

need advice on routing for 8-week trip Thailand/Laos/Vietnam/Cambodja

Posted by Seba on 28/4/2009 at 07:02

Hey everyone, I have a plane ticket in/out Bangkok from October 15th till December 15th, so that gives me about 2 months to discover SE-Asia. I've been reading a lot on this site, fora, blogs, etc. and I have come up with this routing: Bangkok => Chang Mai (via Ayatthaya en Sukothai) => Houay Xai (north-Laos) via Chiang Rai en Chaing Kong => Luang Prabang => Vang Vieng => Vientiane => Hanoi (/Sapa/Halong/cat ba) => Hué => Hoi An => Nha Trang => Ho Chi Minh City => Phu Quo ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,343 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by brucemoon on 2/5/2009 at 09:20

4 week itinerary - Any advice or opionions?

Posted by Bassfunk on 14/4/2009 at 16:16

Hi Everybody Me and my future wife are planning a 4 week honeymoon to South East Asia in January next year. After lots of extensive reading (thanks Travelfish) We've decided to pick out a few highlights. We'd like to see Halong Bay, trek in Laos, visit Angkor Wat and chill out on a beach/island. As it's our first time visiting this area we don't mind being in places a bit more touristy (they're popular for a reason right?). We've decided to fly most legs to save time, and as it's our hon ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,811 times, with 9 replies. Last reply by brucemoon on 1/5/2009 at 06:23

High season reservations

Posted by Nokka on 6/4/2009 at 21:13

My wife and I are starting a trip round South East Asia in late November. Idea so far is: Fly to Bangkok. A few days at the beach. Back to B'kok and then up to Chiang Mai and the north. On to Laos, Luang Prabang and Vientiene. Fly to Saigon, spend a few days. Then on to Phu Quok and have Christmas there. Our preference is to be flexible, to stay longer in places if we like it. (We think this may be especially the case in Laos) However, we wonder whether it is a good ide ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,897 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by Nokka on 29/4/2009 at 22:30

I need suggestions for SEA

Posted by gracetandil on 16/4/2009 at 20:05

About the itinerary: Can anybody suggest any possible changes? My plan is to start in BKK, then go northwards, cross to Laos, then Cambodia, then Vietnam from the south to the north, back to BKK to visit the southern islands and back to BKK to get the flight back home. I am getting there from Argentina. Thank you. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,398 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by brucemoon on 27/4/2009 at 17:25

3 week Itinerary needed for Thailand on a small budget!

Posted by bro4dhead on 21/4/2009 at 10:29

Hello there, I arrive on the 6th June for 3 weeks with a mate and as it is our last stop on our travels money is a bit tight. I was wondering if anyone could help us with some sort of guide as what to do in those 3 weeks and as cheap as chips! thanks for any help :-) ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 9,678 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by brucemoon on 27/4/2009 at 14:47

11 Days Bangkok to Singapore

Posted by chewiee on 23/12/2008 at 18:44

Hi, I'm on an organised trip around Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia & Laos, that ends in Bangkok. After that i've given myself 11 days to get myself from Bangkok to Singapore where i fly on to Australia. Just wondering what are recomended places to visit on they way? I've come up with a rough plan, and i'm open to suggestions. Day 1 Travel from Bangkok to Krabi Days 2-4 Krabi/Ao Nang/Railay Beach Day 5 Travel to Penang Day 6 Penang Day 7 Travel to KL Day 8 KL Day 9 Melaka (Spare da ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,341 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by brucemoon on 27/4/2009 at 14:35

Where does "Same Same... but different" comes from?

Posted by alemauro on 28/1/2009 at 08:53

Hi!!. I am Argentinian and I don't know where the Same Same... but different comes from... I am in Tailand... and you can see it in every t-shirt on every store!. Maybe is a movie or a commercial... I don't know... Jano ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 9,307 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by DLuek on 12/4/2009 at 21:54

ahh....so overwhelmed. 4 months in SE Asia/India

Posted by melmariet on 10/4/2009 at 21:18

So i am completely overwhelmed about planning my trip to SE Asia. I want to have a rough idea of where I am going so i can anticipate how much I will be spending on my trip. But I have no idea what I am doing! :P Any advicee or information on my budget would be sooooooo appreciated. Also, are all of these destinations "safe" for a 20 year old lone female first-time backpacker? Is my route reasonable with my time-frame - I am completely open to suggestions. Also, I am a budget backpacker, ven ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,078 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by melmariet on 11/4/2009 at 20:08

Any TEFL Teachers out in SEAsia?

Posted by mcbees on 9/4/2009 at 12:16

We are in the process of doing a TEFL course. Is there anyone online who has is teaching and got a job when they were out in Thailand, Malaysia or other countries. It would be useful to hear about anyone who got a job before they went off to SEA. Looking for tips on finding work and general dos and don'ts. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,838 times, with no replies.

Thailand or Viet nam , Loas , Cambodia

Posted by jakethedog on 22/11/2008 at 09:32

My wife and I are planning a trip to Thailand in April/May for approx 21-25 days. we are 40 and 50 healthy, somewhat experienced travellers who like a bit of adventure. Given some of the turmoil in Thailand I was wondering if Viet Nam, Loas or Cambodia might be a better bet? Any advice , reccommendations would be appreciated. Thanks Dan ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,759 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by daawgon on 6/4/2009 at 07:53

purchasing prescription drugs

Posted by sebound on 21/3/2009 at 01:20

I am on five medications and will need to refill them at least 4 times while I am in SE asia. My plan is to be there for 5.5 months, going from thailand,malaysia,cambodia, loas to vietnam. Will there be any problem getting prescriptions filled in any of these countries? I would do it here but insurance only pays for one month at a time and paying cash here is expensive. Has anyone had experience with this? Any input will be appreciated. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 6,550 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by neosho on 30/3/2009 at 01:27

Indochina Itinerary Help

Posted by collapsis12 on 8/3/2009 at 11:25

Hi there! I’ve booked a trip to SE Asia for late April and I could use some help/advice about the itinerary I’ve planned so far. April 22 – Depart April 23 – Arrive in Hanoi (late evening) April 24 – Explore Hanoi (Old Quarter, Temple of Literature, Etc…) April 24 – Day trip/cruise of Halong Bay April 25 – Explore Hanoi (Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum, Ngoc Son Temple, etc…)& Evening flight to Luang Prabang April 26 – Explore Luang Prabang April 27 – Explore Luang ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,566 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by brucemoon on 29/3/2009 at 18:49

Finally my big trip!

Posted by rjbex on 24/3/2009 at 17:07

Hi all, I’m flying to Phnom Penh at the end of June, and the plan is to travel north into Southern Laos, travel through Laos, cross into Vietnam and travel down Vietnam leaving from Ho Chi Minh City at the end of August. First of all is this realistic? And secondly, am I going to have trouble in northern Cambodia and South Laos with roads and weather conditions at this time of year? i.e. wet season? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,023 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by rjbex on 25/3/2009 at 14:16

6wks for southeast asia. where to go, where to go, where to go

Posted by splash on 24/3/2009 at 09:51

got 6 wks planned for this part of my trip and i would like some advice on where to go with this much time available. thailand is a must as that is where im flying in and so is singapore as thats where im flying out of. so the in between. cambodia, vietnam, laos? not got any set idea just looking for advise on cool things to see and what i should do in each place. i've know i dont have enough time to see all 3, if you had this time and flight plan, what would you do? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,103 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by splash on 25/3/2009 at 08:37

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page