Photo: Street food Phetchaburi Soi 10, Bangkok.

Southeast Asia forum

Where does "Same Same... but different" comes from?

Posted by alemauro on 28/1/2009 at 08:53

Hi!!. I am Argentinian and I don't know where the Same Same... but different comes from... I am in Tailand... and you can see it in every t-shirt on every store!. Maybe is a movie or a commercial... I don't know... Jano ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 9,904 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by DLuek on 12/4/2009 at 21:54

ahh....so overwhelmed. 4 months in SE Asia/India

Posted by melmariet on 10/4/2009 at 21:18

So i am completely overwhelmed about planning my trip to SE Asia. I want to have a rough idea of where I am going so i can anticipate how much I will be spending on my trip. But I have no idea what I am doing! :P Any advicee or information on my budget would be sooooooo appreciated. Also, are all of these destinations "safe" for a 20 year old lone female first-time backpacker? Is my route reasonable with my time-frame - I am completely open to suggestions. Also, I am a budget backpacker, ven ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,124 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by melmariet on 11/4/2009 at 20:08

Any TEFL Teachers out in SEAsia?

Posted by mcbees on 9/4/2009 at 12:16

We are in the process of doing a TEFL course. Is there anyone online who has is teaching and got a job when they were out in Thailand, Malaysia or other countries. It would be useful to hear about anyone who got a job before they went off to SEA. Looking for tips on finding work and general dos and don'ts. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,877 times, with no replies.

Thailand or Viet nam , Loas , Cambodia

Posted by jakethedog on 22/11/2008 at 09:32

My wife and I are planning a trip to Thailand in April/May for approx 21-25 days. we are 40 and 50 healthy, somewhat experienced travellers who like a bit of adventure. Given some of the turmoil in Thailand I was wondering if Viet Nam, Loas or Cambodia might be a better bet? Any advice , reccommendations would be appreciated. Thanks Dan ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,802 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by daawgon on 6/4/2009 at 07:53

purchasing prescription drugs

Posted by sebound on 21/3/2009 at 01:20

I am on five medications and will need to refill them at least 4 times while I am in SE asia. My plan is to be there for 5.5 months, going from thailand,malaysia,cambodia, loas to vietnam. Will there be any problem getting prescriptions filled in any of these countries? I would do it here but insurance only pays for one month at a time and paying cash here is expensive. Has anyone had experience with this? Any input will be appreciated. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 6,685 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by neosho on 30/3/2009 at 01:27

Indochina Itinerary Help

Posted by collapsis12 on 8/3/2009 at 11:25

Hi there! I’ve booked a trip to SE Asia for late April and I could use some help/advice about the itinerary I’ve planned so far. April 22 – Depart April 23 – Arrive in Hanoi (late evening) April 24 – Explore Hanoi (Old Quarter, Temple of Literature, Etc…) April 24 – Day trip/cruise of Halong Bay April 25 – Explore Hanoi (Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum, Ngoc Son Temple, etc…)& Evening flight to Luang Prabang April 26 – Explore Luang Prabang April 27 – Explore Luang ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,624 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by brucemoon on 29/3/2009 at 18:49

Finally my big trip!

Posted by rjbex on 24/3/2009 at 17:07

Hi all, I’m flying to Phnom Penh at the end of June, and the plan is to travel north into Southern Laos, travel through Laos, cross into Vietnam and travel down Vietnam leaving from Ho Chi Minh City at the end of August. First of all is this realistic? And secondly, am I going to have trouble in northern Cambodia and South Laos with roads and weather conditions at this time of year? i.e. wet season? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,057 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by rjbex on 25/3/2009 at 14:16

6wks for southeast asia. where to go, where to go, where to go

Posted by splash on 24/3/2009 at 09:51

got 6 wks planned for this part of my trip and i would like some advice on where to go with this much time available. thailand is a must as that is where im flying in and so is singapore as thats where im flying out of. so the in between. cambodia, vietnam, laos? not got any set idea just looking for advise on cool things to see and what i should do in each place. i've know i dont have enough time to see all 3, if you had this time and flight plan, what would you do? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,143 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by splash on 25/3/2009 at 08:37

June Weather

Posted by bzaarour on 9/3/2009 at 15:59

I am Planing on traveling to Thailand, Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia in June. Can't do it another month due to work restrictions. Understand that it is not typhoons but it is the wet season. Has anyone traveled these countries in June who can share their experience regarding weather? I don't mind a little rain but is the overall trip/ adventure hampered by the rain in June? Thanks. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 7,532 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by bzaarour on 10/3/2009 at 11:44

Itinerary: 6.5 weeks - where to go/what to see?

Posted by themeffan on 27/2/2009 at 22:35

Hello fellow travelers - I'm thrilled to be embarking on my first backpacking trip and my first journey to Southeast Asia in two weeks. I'm traveling with my boyfriend who plans NOTHING and - while I'm envious of his laid-back attitude and aware of the fact that little goes to plan when traveling in Southeast Asia - I would like to have some semblance of an itinerary to help guide us on our way. We'll be arriving in Bangkok late at night on the 17th of March and leaving from Bangkok early on ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,241 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 28/2/2009 at 09:21

Chiang mai in june?

Posted by rover3 on 21/2/2009 at 20:03

I know this is the start of monsoon season but how much would it affect your holiday? I was thinking of spending 2 weeks in chiang mai, chilling out and seeing a few sights. I don't mind the rain, as long as I am in bed or in a bar. Is this too long to spend in Chiang mai? Will the temperatures be too unbearable? Will the mosquitoes be as bad as when I went down the south in November? Is it a suitable place for an ageing single traveller? Have I asked too many quetions?! Thanks for any respon ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,480 times, with no replies.

Chiang Mai or Halong Bay ?!

Posted by Line on 11/2/2009 at 17:19

Im so lucky i'll be in SE asia july and august this year. im going on a guided trip with intrepid in Cambodia - anyone heard about the "heart of cambodia" tour or intrepid in generel? when the tour ends in Phnom Penh ive got 3 weeks, and is defiently going to Laos.. but what should i do when i get to Luang Prabang - go with the slowboat to thailand and visit Chiang Mai and return home from Bangkok - or make my way to Halong Bay in Vietnam? (before cambodia i'll be in southvietn ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,608 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by Line on 18/2/2009 at 13:55

advice on miri and brunie???

Posted by robk on 17/2/2009 at 23:26

hi im landing in KL in two weeks for a few days and im thinking of visiting brunie or miri for 2 weeks before i travel cambodia and vietnam. i would appreciate any advice and information on things to do and the cost of accomodation,food and drink because im on a strict budget??? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,538 times, with no replies.

Vietnam - Cambodia - Thailand 4 weeks HELP!!

Posted by charlotte1208 on 11/2/2009 at 10:02

Hi Guys, Im hoping you can help me with an itineray for the above countries. I have a flight booked to Saigon on 1st March. I have a flight to London out of Bangkok on 1st April so i have 1 month in order to do Vietnam, Cambodia and Thailand. What id like to know is whats the easiest and quickest way to get from Saigon to Siam Reap? As i have a tight schedule im concentrating on Saigon and Angor Wat. After that, whats the journey like from Siam Reap to Bangkok? I want to spend atlea ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 6,242 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 13/2/2009 at 08:24

3-4 days, where should I go?

Posted by Live1284 on 6/2/2009 at 01:02

I am going to Bangkok, then Cambodia to see Angkor for several days. I will then have 3 to 4 days to visit somewhere else before I return home from Tokyo. Looking at Laos vs. Vietnam, leaning towards Laos. Convenience of travel is a big factor, and any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,454 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by Live1284 on 12/2/2009 at 22:43

"Winging it" around Indochina and Thailand

Posted by wtangney on 30/1/2009 at 19:12

Morning all. I've got from now until the end of april to go travelling solo. My plan is to buy a return ticket to Bangkok from London, buy the lonely planet guide - south-east asia on a shoestring, and then just "wing it"! I've got a few ideas of where I want to go exploring in the region but I just want to do things as I go along and not make massive plans. From experience, is this actually a good idea and has anyone got any good tips? Thanks Will ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,493 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by Thaiman on 31/1/2009 at 12:21

Where to find direct buses from Bangkok to Chiang Khong???

Posted by quddus on 11/11/2008 at 06:34

Hello, It mentions in one of the guides that there are "nightly direct buses from Bangkok to Chiang Khong" I have several questions: 1)Which bus station in Bangkok? 2)What is the schedule? 3)How much is the bus fare? 4)How long (in hours) is the direct route? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 8,913 times, with 9 replies. Last reply by wessatong on 31/1/2009 at 10:25

last minute advice. leaving sunday!

Posted by dsojka on 31/1/2009 at 05:49

hello all. our trip came about very quickly, only purchased our flight tickets 2 weeks ago. land and fly out of bangkok feb 2 - feb 28. the initial plan was the southern cambodia vietnam and laos idea - http://www.travelfish.org/trip_planner/laos-vietnam-cambodia is this actually doable or recommended for 27 days? after reading a ton of travel books rather than things becomeing clearer to me as to an itinerary i found that there are a million places i wanted to go, and now i'm lea ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,460 times, with no replies.

So when is low season?

Posted by kteacher on 29/1/2009 at 22:27

I know this is a bit of a newbie question. But I am planning my trip and am wondering when exactly "low" season is in SE Asia. My guess is that high season is December to February, and low season is any time outside of that. Am i Right? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 15,733 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by exacto on 30/1/2009 at 21:23

Traveling from northern Laos to Cambodia ?

Posted by tmcderm on 3/1/2009 at 03:25

Hi, Im going to be in Laos in early Feb. 09 and want to continue on to Cambodia without going back into Thailand. Im not planning on traveling through southern Laos due to lack of time. Is flying cheap and safe? Is their such a thing as a flight from northern Laos directly into Cambodia? Im not completely against the idea of traveling by bus but Im have no idea how long that would take and cost? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,096 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by basho on 27/1/2009 at 16:30

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page