Photo: Street food Phetchaburi Soi 10, Bangkok.

Southeast Asia forum

Phu Quoc or Koh Maak?

Posted by laurenbernard on 14/9/2006 at 22:02

Hello, hoping to get some views... We're off to SE Asia for two weeks in mid November, flying into Saigon and out of Bangkok. I had planned on fitting in a few days at the end on Koh Maak to have some beach time and diving... BUT I've just seen the review of Phu Quoc on Travelfish and it looks amazing. I don't think we'll have time to do both (given we also want to see Saigon, the Mekong Delta, Phnom Penh, Angkor etc) so which should I choose? I'm looking for good weather, clear tur ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 6,368 times, with 12 replies. Last reply by Tilapia on 6/9/2008 at 00:01

Lone female traveller - Dont know where to start!

Posted by charliescott86 on 23/7/2008 at 03:44

Firstly I just wanted to say how great this site is – but I think it may have overloaded me. I am going to be travelling across SE Asia I don’t really want to plan more than my flights and stays in each country For example Cambodia 4 weeks Laos 4 weeks Thailand 4 weeks Vietnam 2 weeks I would rather wander around but is there anything I should do in one country / place that I shouldn’t do in another ie: I don’t want to visit 40 buddah if there is just 2 great ones if ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,251 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by idreamofdurian on 5/9/2008 at 23:59

First Time to SE Asia

Posted by candy5 on 2/9/2008 at 10:42

This is going to be my first time travelling overseas and my partner and i are doing a RTW trip starting off in SE Asia. We really want to make the most of this part of our journey so i have been researching as much as I can on Thailand, Laos, Vietnam, Cambodia & Singapore as these are the places we want to see. We are thinking 3-4 months seeing these amazing places hopefully is possible (not sure though if our budget will allow $5000 - $7000AUS) is what we are thinking??A little more if needed. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,271 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 2/9/2008 at 12:52

Trying to Avoid the Rain

Posted by savage on 7/8/2008 at 10:26

My friend and I are traveling from mid Sept to mid Dec. We plan on doing Singapore, peninsular Malaysia, Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, and Vietnam. We're hoping to avoid rain and monsoons as much as possible, with most concern about those countries where traveling becomes difficult during monsoon season. We're also trying to take as little flights as possible. Does anyone have any suggestions on the best route for us to take? Thanks so much! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,303 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by Jon_Mak_Mak on 28/8/2008 at 22:43

Skype in internet cafes?

Posted by jourdin on 27/8/2008 at 15:13

Is Skype usually already on computers in internet cafes in Cambodia or does it have to be downloaded? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,219 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 28/8/2008 at 16:42

Chang Mai to Luang Prabang-Tour

Posted by sunshine87 on 19/7/2008 at 21:55

Hi there Does anyone know about organised 3-5 day tours from Chang Mai to Laos (Luang Prabang) which include a transit visa?? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,825 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by genkikuma on 21/8/2008 at 14:35

Thailand, Cambodia, Laos - How long to go for?

Posted by Munkychump on 19/8/2008 at 09:40

Hi guys, I'm heading to Europe in a few months and thought I'd stop off in SEA on the way through (since it doesn't cost any extra)... I have been to Vietnam in 2007 (in which Travelfish was a great help!) so I want to cover off Thailand, Cambodia and Laos this time around. Just wondering how long I should leave to explore before heading on to Europe? I won't be making a detailed itinerary but want to have a rough idea of where to travel and keeping with these main points: - I will b ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 9,845 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by Lother on 20/8/2008 at 03:43

Travelling Solo

Posted by vinu1982 on 17/8/2008 at 17:52

Hi I plan to travel solo to SE Asia for 3 months in October 08. Will fly into Bangkok and stay for a night or two before flying out to Hanoi for a month or so in Vietnam, 3 weeks in Laos and Cambodia with the remaining 5 weeks in Thailand. As I've never done this sort of trip before what are your thoughts on travelling alone? Where is the best place to meet fellow lone/group travellers? Any drawbacks on travelling alone? Any help would be appreciated. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,756 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by Tilapia on 19/8/2008 at 01:52

To include Vietnam or not to include?

Posted by vickstar on 16/8/2008 at 13:14

Hi, I am a 26yo female planning to travel throughout SEA in Nov & Dec 08. I have about 5 weeks free to travel independently and am very keen to travel through Cambodia and Southern Laos during that time. The question is whether I should squeeze in 10 or so days in Vietnam and shorten my time in Cambodia and Laos? I travelled through northern Laos in Jan 08 and fell in love with the place. I definately prefer less touristy,less developed, more authetic, chilled out destinations (like Laos ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,226 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 18/8/2008 at 19:22

Lonely Traveller

Posted by laurahodges on 22/7/2008 at 21:36

Hi, I am going to Cambodia for a three month teaching placement but am thinking of doing the trail from singapore, through thailand, laos and veitnam for about 5 weeks before hand. Is it a relatively safe route for a lone traveller or would it be advisable to find someone to go with? Thank you!!!! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,171 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by neosho on 14/8/2008 at 03:45

From Vietnam to Cambodia

Posted by alexr on 13/8/2008 at 03:33

Hi! I hope you can help. I am going to SE Asia in a matter of weeks and I am currently looking into booking my discovery airpass before i leave the UK and therefore I am thinking about getting about from A-Z. The one route i will not be flying will be from HCM city to Cambodia. We only have limited time in Cambodia (a measely 5 days) but I am slightly unclear about how long it take to do this journey. Could you give me some indication of how long it takes to cross from HCM to Pnom Phen ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,794 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 13/8/2008 at 07:24

Panicing we dont have enough time!

Posted by malibu828 on 29/7/2008 at 20:20

Hi Everyone, i am really sorry to bore you with yet another itinery message but from what ive been reading on other i may have been a bit greedy in the time i have. We have 13 and half weeks to get from Bangkok to northern Thailand, Laos, Vietnam, Cambodia, Southern Thailand and islands, Malaysia and catch next flight to Singapore. Is this ridiculous, i did want to do it all overland at not a very rushed pace but thinking some flights will be needed? (on a tight budget) Which bits do you thin ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,333 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by Tilapia on 31/7/2008 at 23:41

16 days - itinerary help

Posted by dseckel on 17/7/2008 at 05:53

We're a couple with 16 days in Thailand / Laos, end of August, beginning of Sept. Plan is coming together, just seeking advice to fill in some holes. So far, we're considering: 5 days Bangkok - 3 front end, 2 back end 4 days Luang Prabang (with 1.5 day "Live like a Mahout" elephant experience thrown in 4 days on a beach, likely Ko Samui Will use discovery airpass for transit. With 3 extra days to fill, what should we do? Kicking around: - day trips around Bangkok (Ayutthaya, etc) ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,052 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by daawgon on 27/7/2008 at 01:46

3 week itinerary, your critique welcome!

Posted by iciclesecret on 23/7/2008 at 16:29

Your recommendations are much appreciated! We're not huge city fans (didn't enjoy Bangkok), more into beautiful scenery and geography. Do you think we should try and get Pakse/4000 islands in there and drop something else? Let me know your thoughts! thanks loads 28th Dec flight into HCMC, connecting flight to Vietiene 29th Dec – Vietiene 30th Dec – Vietiene-Vang Vieng 31st Dec – Vang Vieng 1st Jan – Vang Vieng 2nd Jan – Vang Vieng 3rd Jan – Vang Vieng-Luang Prabang 4th ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,417 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by iciclesecret on 25/7/2008 at 21:43

you lot are amazing... another itinerary request!

Posted by iciclesecret on 17/7/2008 at 06:37

I've been reading these posts and you're like a fountain of knowledge here! And it's amazing you're all so helpful with itineraries. My partner and I have visited Thailand a couple of times, but it's the only place in this region (been taking holidays in the latin part of the world recently) and we thought it was about time to fix that! We love beautiful scenery and like to have some nightlife, whether it's having a beer in a bar with a local, or just meeting other tourists and partyi ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,339 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by iciclesecret on 22/7/2008 at 16:25

heart broken traveller

Posted by water on 20/7/2008 at 21:16

My boyfriend and I had planned a trip for September, flying into bangkok then going on to Cambodia, Vietnam and Laos. Only he has just dumped me! My question is how safe/enjoyable would it be for a female travelling alone in these places. I´m wondering if I should go or should I just cut my losses on the plane ticket? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,067 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by water on 20/7/2008 at 23:59

Please Help: Visiting Laos, VIetnam and Cambodia - itinerary request!

Posted by cchcal on 18/7/2008 at 00:26

Hey guys I'll most probably visit Laos, Vietnam and Cambodia end of this year. Still saving up money for the travels. Heard it's a great trip. I've did my research but still clueless. Can anyone please shed some light by sending in any itineraries allowing me to go to these 3 countries on a duration of 5 weeks? Appreciate it Cheers Calvin ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 6,424 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by cchcal on 19/7/2008 at 09:14

Itinerary for SE Asia. Am i doing too much in too little time?

Posted by ulto on 14/1/2008 at 03:16

Well First thing is that i must congratualte everybody involved in making this site one of the best travel sites out there. Here is my itinerary below. Will be leaving 1st October and doing this travelling until about the 2nd week in December. Around 70 days or so. Arrive Bangkok 3 days stay Overnight train to Chiang Mai 4 days stay Bus to Chiamg Kong 1 day stay Slow boat from Huay Xai to Luang Prabang 2 days Luang Prabang 2 days stay Vang Vieng 2 days stay Vientiane 2 days stay Fly ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,730 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by ulto on 15/7/2008 at 17:18

Advice needed...Bangkok, Chang Mai, Laos, Vietnam, Cambodia, southern Thai islands...

Posted by sunshine87 on 24/6/2008 at 20:19

Advice needed...I am travelling for 7 weeks and plan to go to Bangkok, Chang Mai, Laos, Vietnam, Cambodia and down to Thai islands..in that order! Attempting to get through all the amazing informtion on here, I thought it would be great to get expert advice on realisms of my itinary working out...I have no idea about how long it takes to get everywhere, so would rather get a better understanding before its too late! I am going to Dubai 30th July-10th August. Arrive in Bangkok 10th August p ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 15,079 times, with 41 replies. Last reply by marianwarren on 15/7/2008 at 05:25

40 days in S.E Asia from July 14, starting in Bangkok. Suggested itineraries please

Posted by turab on 10/7/2008 at 01:19

Hey, I hope to be landing in Bangkok on 14 July but need to be in Beijing by about the 20th of August. If any of you guys could suggest some itineraries I would greatly appreciate it. Preferably I would like to make my way north towards Hong Kong and then on to Beijing, i'm happy to use a few flights if it means saving time. I would like to see the culture and natural beauty of the region. Angkor Wat is probably the place I would like to see most as well as some of jungle. I don't mind mis ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,092 times, with no replies.

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page