Photo: Street food Phetchaburi Soi 10, Bangkok.

Southeast Asia forum

A good route...? Vietnam - Cambodia - Thailand

Posted by charlyangel on 10/3/2006 at 23:04

Hi there, looking for a good route and any advice/suggestions for our trip…have a bit of a plan. Leaving Sydney 16 May to spend around 30 days travel from Vietnam to Cambodia then into Thailand. Have been through Vietnam so was thinking of starting in Ho Chi Minh head down the Mekong river into Cambodia (must see Angkor Wat and Phnom Penh) then onto Thailand (must see a few islands for diving, temples and a bit of culture) ending in Bangkok. Could maybe fly from Cambodia to Thailand to save ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,187 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 11/3/2006 at 09:57

Motorbiking S.E.A.

Posted by travellintroy on 1/3/2006 at 08:22

Was wondering if unheard of to buy a motorbike in say Bangkok and and ride a loop north towards Hanoi,Vietnam then south to Ho Chi Mihn on into Cambodia and back to Bk..Possible others are doing this ??Thinking will reach the region about Nov....Just a curious thought, I know that there are bike tours offered in those countries, but wondering about doing it independently.. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,879 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 1/3/2006 at 09:52

Question regarding TC’s for Thailand & Vietnam.

Posted by Louise73 on 20/2/2006 at 20:44

I am going to Thailand & Vietnam and I'm going to bring only TCs and to use Visa card for internal flights. I plan on bringing $2,600.00 in TCs - what denominations should I bring? What is the best amount to change at one time - some people have told me not to walk around with more than $100 worth of local currency. When I pay guest houses/hotels can I pay directly in TC’s or do I need to pay in local currency. I suppose then I can work out exactly what denominations to take. I wil ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,761 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by iwillfly525 on 26/2/2006 at 16:48

Budget question, sorry!

Posted by DannyJ on 2/2/2006 at 20:10

How long do you think approx. USD$7000/GBP4000 would last me in SEA in general? To help i'm a 26 year old (27 when i go) british lad, planning on just wondering round SEA for as long as the money lasts, on my way to N.Z. Was wanting to check out Thailand, Cambodia and Laos mainly. Vietnam, Malaysia and China are on the maybe list. Am just wanting to check out the area, maybe visit some off the beaten track places and temples (temples especially), interested in meeting locals and getting to know ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,361 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by wayne on 16/2/2006 at 19:32

What would you do?

Posted by kate78 on 11/2/2006 at 19:48

Hi everyone I'm in the middle planning a trip for next January. My original plan was to fly to Bangkok and spend time in Thailand, Cambodia, Laos and Vietnam. I'm planning on spending 6 weeks altogether in Asia, before travelling to Australia. I want to spend about 10 days - 2 weeks bumming around on a beach somewhere, so was looking at 4 weeks travelling. After reading another post, I've found that I'm probably not going to be able to fit all 4 countries into the 4 weeks, so should I ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,912 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by Merlot on 13/2/2006 at 18:44

end of travel buying

Posted by pjh_2509 on 13/2/2006 at 11:29

hello all, just coming to the end of my travels (10 weeks left........ouch) and i want to go on a mini spending spree with the credit card before i return home and have to grow up. Whilst the usual dvd, cds etc are required i was wondering if anyone has any tips on the best places to buy tailored suits, golf clubs and computers spec apple macs. Whilst i know theses places might not be the best place any feedback would be welcome. i will be going through much of thailand, cambodia and Vietnam ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,831 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by Kananga on 13/2/2006 at 11:50

Vietnam Visas

Posted by cdngirl25 on 2/2/2006 at 02:25

I am travelling to Thailand for 2 weeks and Vietnam for 3 weeks. I had planned on applying for my Vietnam visa in Bangkok at the embassy there. Can you tell me how much they charge, how long it takes to process and if they need to hold on to my passport for the processing time or if they only need a photocopy of it. Thank you ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,072 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 2/2/2006 at 07:24

The Blessed Thekkady

Posted by Millson on 2/3/2012 at 10:31

Viewed 1,737 times, with no replies.

The funniest Asian novel of the year!

Posted by Mongrel2014 on 20/5/2014 at 07:12

Viewed 692 times, with no replies.

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page