Photo: Classic scenery surrounds Vang Vieng.

Laos forum

boats from pakse to champasak

Posted by kobnoi on 20/3/2008 at 22:48

i'm planning to go to southern loas next month. not sure if there are boats running regularly from pakse to champasak. also, since i plan to stay overnight at champasak before heading south to 4000 islands, is there any boat from champasak to don khon? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,097 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by rayc101 on 28/3/2008 at 13:15

Bus Transportation Schedule

Posted by tcseong9 on 18/11/2007 at 16:42

Would like to get some info in bus travel schedule between Vientiane, Luang Prabang & Phonsavan. Also, is there any night travel bus between these towns and is it advisable to travel with it?? Cheers, Gavius ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,114 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by somsai on 26/3/2008 at 06:46

Bikes banned from roads in Luang Prabang

Posted by marakusch on 24/1/2008 at 17:01

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,729 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by KPTham1 on 24/3/2008 at 23:27

Luang Prabang to Luang Nam Tha

Posted by 73Chip on 22/3/2008 at 20:22

Hi all, I've just read of the bus that does the trip in 9 hours. Just wondering if anyone's found a faster way to do it(rent a car/car and driver?) as I'm on a pretty tight schedule unfortunately. Thanks in advance. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 6,308 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by somsai on 23/3/2008 at 21:42

How long should I give msyelf to travel and see from ChiangMai to Vientiane?

Posted by convery on 10/3/2008 at 01:28

I am planning a trip of the area with very little time on my hands. Just wondering how possible it was to get from ChiangMai, Thailand to Vientiane, Laos in about 5or6 days? Day 1- Depart Chiang Mai for Chiang Khong, and then to Huay Xai, Laos Day 2 - Depart on boat to Pakbeng Day 3 - Depart on boat to Luang Prabang Day 4 - Luang Prabang Day 5 - Depart on a bus to Vientiane (via Vang Vieng) Is this itenerary possible? My main questions are: 1) Can I get from Chiang Mai to Huay Xai ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,223 times, with 11 replies. Last reply by exacto on 17/3/2008 at 20:29

Vientiane to Siem Reap

Posted by swerve on 13/3/2008 at 22:21

Hi, I am looking for any advice for travelling between Vientiane and Siem Reap. Is it a good idea to take a couple days to do this while stoping at certain towns in north-eastern thailand? Is it better to just get to Siem Reap as quick as possible? Which is better, train or bus?. Any advice helps. Thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,920 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by exacto on 14/3/2008 at 10:30

Kuala lumpur to Vientiane or Luang Prabang

Posted by earthian on 11/3/2008 at 03:52

I wonder if some one could suggest a solution to a problem caused by my travel buddy!* We land in KL and were going to skip straight to Vientiane via Air Asia and spend 2 or 3 weeks exploring. However it would appear Air Asia no longer have flights available on the Sunday we wanted to fly (Tuesday being the earliest they have availability). Does anyone know of anyone else who flies or suggest an alternative route into Laos. * the problem being she didn't want to fly via Bangkok! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 6,230 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by earthian on 12/3/2008 at 16:16

Pics of Laos

Posted by Harry05 on 2/2/2008 at 15:13

Hi guys, Just oploaded some pics of my 4 weeks travelling in Laos. If you wanna see them use the following link: http://www.flickr.com/photos/wereldreiziger/sets/72157603698656347/show/ On the right hand sight with "options" (and save) you can also see the titles. Hope you like them. Harry. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,342 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by kam_taxi on 12/3/2008 at 14:16

rental taxi service roundtrip laos

Posted by horseback on 9/10/2007 at 22:06

Does anybody have experience with rental of taxiservice with good english speaking driver for 2 weeks roundtrip in Laos in November/December?? Roundtrip will be: Udon Thani- Vientiane-Vang Vieng-Luang Prabang- Non Khiaw(boat) - Nam Neung - Phonsavan - Vientiane - Udon Thani. Will need car 8 days and spent other days otherwise. First inquiries look very expensive (USD 100/day). Can I use sedan car or do I need 4x4 for these roads?? If anybody could give me name of driver I would be delight ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,317 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by kam_taxi on 12/3/2008 at 14:09

high season

Posted by barrylad66 on 10/3/2008 at 00:43

what is classed 'high season in laos?. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,800 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by barrylad66 on 11/3/2008 at 02:33

guesthouse guides

Posted by barrylad66 on 9/3/2008 at 18:14

i know this is a boring question,but am planning a 12 month trip to se asia in the near future.can anyone suggest a good guide to guesthouses.i know its on this site somewhere,i just cant find it...doh ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,764 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by barrylad66 on 9/3/2008 at 18:16

Thana Boun Guesthouse Luang Prabang

Posted by kuetsem on 7/3/2008 at 11:49

After 2 bad nights at Salakphet guesthouse we moved to the neighbour guesthouse THANA BOUN. What a difference!! For a few dollars more you get a lot more comfort. All 12 rooms are new, and very proper. The beds and furniture are good quality, and they got a friendly staff. They are now making a coffeeshop to provide for a breakfast. Enjoy your stay!! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,869 times, with no replies.

Salakphet Guesthouse Luang Prabang

Posted by kuetsem on 6/3/2008 at 16:50

If you're planning to stay in Luang Prabang I would'nt advise you to stay at Salakphet Guesthouse. We've spend there two nights, and the service was very bad!! Especially the laundryservice. All our white clothes turned blue after they washed them, and still they saying it wasn't their problem and that it was our own fault because we gave all clothes together. They didn't want to compensate in any way, we don't even get our laundrymoney back. The staff is not nice and helpfull at all, so NOT ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,722 times, with no replies.

Laos and Thailand

Posted by stroked11 on 23/1/2008 at 05:47

Hi Myself and some friends are planning a 4 week holiday in July to visit Laos and Thailand. We arrive and depart from Bangkok and plan to spend 2 weeks in Laos and 2 weeks in Thailand. I understand that 2 weeks is probably not enough time to see most of Thailand and we therefore plan to focus on one area of the country, as we don't want to rush. I was just wondering if someone could help with a brief itinerary which they think would take in the best parts of Laos and a section of Thailand ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,556 times, with 8 replies. Last reply by cecco on 3/3/2008 at 12:36

Laos police

Posted by charlotte88 on 24/2/2008 at 17:02

Hi, I've been looking on the internet for the number of the laos police, and my guide doesn't state it either. Does anyone know the phone number for the laos/ other important numbers, as I can't find any! Thanks Charlotte ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,359 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by CunningMcFar on 25/2/2008 at 20:24

Vientiane to Danang o

Posted by nikiando on 23/2/2008 at 16:42

Hi, We are looking for the best way to get from Vientiane to Danang. Having trouble finding many options can anybody help Cheers Niki ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,745 times, with no replies.

Saensuk Pasuam Waterfalls, Bolaven Plateau, Pakse

Posted by annalouisas on 19/2/2008 at 22:43

among the waterfalls to visit on the Bolaven Plateau there's also the Paxuam or Pasuam Waterfall, not so much visited by western tourits but definitely different from the others! we arrived around lunchtime. they have a small menu but the food is good and the setting is fabulous! we met the owners (Mr. Wimol Kijbamrung and his wife), from Thailand, who were more than eager to tell us their story: the project started in 1999, they have cleaned the area (with local labour) and used the driftwo ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,099 times, with no replies.

Safety; kayaking from Vang Vieng to Vientiane

Posted by tiny2 on 18/2/2008 at 19:01

Hi, I'm in Vang Vieng and thinking about kayaking down to Vientiane instead of the bus trip. However, reading a few blog entries, etc, I'm wondering if I should be concerned? What should I be looking for? The water levels aren't high, it's dry season so I don't expect any major rafts, but I've never kayaked, and as anything is relative in this part of the globe, "experienced" guide doesn't necessarily mean what I think. Anyone have a recommendation on which company in town to use - or m ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,082 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 19/2/2008 at 14:18

restaurant in Champassack

Posted by annalouisas on 19/2/2008 at 01:02

"Champamay Restaurant", near the roundabout in Champassack. the menu is a bit frightening: soup and bailed dished, fired coyotes stuffed with pork/chicken...(get a good laugh before you order!), the food is excellent! we had a "big" dinner+beer for 80.000 kip (2pers). the place is not easily overlooked: a huge open building on the riverfront. the service is ok, you even get a mosquito-coil under your table (a necessity!) ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,786 times, with no replies.

Accommodation on Don Dhet

Posted by shelld on 16/2/2008 at 08:48

Looking at staying 2 nites on Don Dhet in March, 08. Would love some ideas on where to stay (sunset or sunrise side) & what to do etc. Dolphin spotting is a must. Cheers ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,744 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by marianwarren on 17/2/2008 at 07:41

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page