Photo: Classic scenery surrounds Vang Vieng.

Laos forum

£Sterling Travellers Chqs

Posted by jevs on 28/2/2006 at 20:53

I would like to know if its possible to change British Sterling (pounds) Travellers cheques in Luang Prabang. I am aware that the preference for notes is its own KIP or American Dollars, but I would save on the need to change to dollar TC's if it were possible to change Sterling also. thanks for any advice ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,882 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 1/3/2006 at 07:29

Getting from Luang Prabang to Vientiane in July

Posted by exacto on 12/2/2006 at 05:33

Hi. We'll be travelling from Luang Prabang to Vientiane in early July. How good are the roads? Should we plan to fly with Lao Aviation, or is the road trip, with a traditional stopover in Pak Beung, still possibly during the rainy season. Thanks, Mark ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,802 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by ironmonkey on 24/2/2006 at 19:54

Hongsa

Posted by bak83 on 21/2/2006 at 03:38

Can someone help me with Hongsa? As part of the river trip from Huay Xai to Luang Prabang, I want to stop over at Tha Suang (after the night in Pak Beng) and go up to Hongsa. Has anyone stayed in Hongsa? Any recommendations for a good place? Anyone you know who books arrangements for Hongsa? Can you arrange elephant rides on the spot? Thanks in advance for your help, cheers, Bernie. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,264 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 21/2/2006 at 07:49

Travelling by boat in lao

Posted by sabaisabai on 23/1/2006 at 16:32

Whats the story with travelling by boat in Laos. I read a story a while ago where some travellers went all the way through laos from burma to Cambodia. But according to my Lonely Planet it says most of the boats do not run anymore. Can you hlp? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,441 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by rayc101 on 19/2/2006 at 08:35

Warning - Dodgy Laotian Bus Companies

Posted by ironmonkey on 16/2/2006 at 18:25

Hi....I originally wrote the following email on 9 August 2004 to friends a couple of days after the event. At the time, I was angry and somewhat traumatised by the experience. I now bare no ill feeling against the Laotians and I'm actually thankful for the experience. Its what travelling is all about. Where shall I begin....take some time to read this.... Remember Em and I had a 24 hour bus journey between Laos and Vietnam? Vientienne to Hue, (perhaps the distance between glasgow and plym ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,244 times, with no replies.

Laos/Vietnam border Xings

Posted by aussieboonmar on 13/2/2006 at 09:50

G'day, just want to know if i can obtain a Vietnamese visa at the Phonsavan Province/Vietnamese border or is it best to obtain from Luang Prabang/Vientiane. Is this border xing a safe way to enter Vietnam on the way to Hanoi. Have read conflicting reports on other web sites. Another option i am considering is crossing over into Vietnam from Hua Phan Province. The same questions above apply to this border xing. Has anyone passed through either of these xings lately? Any info greatly appreci ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,407 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by aussieboonmar on 14/2/2006 at 20:50

Border Crossing from Udon thani to Vientiane

Posted by Laothai06 on 11/2/2006 at 22:42

sabaidee, how can we cross the border from udon thani airport to Vientiane? maybe by bus or taxi? regards. nina ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 6,857 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 13/2/2006 at 14:47

Border crossing From laos into Cambodia

Posted by newboy on 1/2/2006 at 11:13

hi there! great site you have. can anyone give me up to date info on the border crossing here (dom krolor/tha boei). i have read on one website this is no longer open ? also i have read various horror stories/rip off scams. I plan to enter in northern laos and make my way south over prehaps a month. any help u can give would be great. thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,905 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 2/2/2006 at 07:14

Southern Laos??

Posted by Adventurer on 30/1/2006 at 22:57

Hi; I am going to enter laos from the north and tour around starting from Muang Sing. Eventually making my way south to Vientiane. I was wondering if I should get a month visa and continue making my way south and check out southern Laos. If so where should I go?? I am also looking for any tips on places I should check out, when I travel from North to South. Any advice greatly appreciated, THANKS!! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,244 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 31/1/2006 at 08:33

Laos New Year accomodation

Posted by lakaidog on 29/1/2006 at 09:57

I am looking for accomodation during the Laos new year. Is being on the river a bonus? I tried booking Sala Prabang but it was full. Any recommendations for this time. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,255 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 30/1/2006 at 20:59

Laos gibbons

Posted by sabaisabai on 23/1/2006 at 16:40

I've heard aout a Gibbon project in Laos where you get to live with monkeys. I can't find it on Travelfish -- do you have more information? Thanks (sorry for so many questions) ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,838 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 23/1/2006 at 19:45

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page