Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Railay Beach or Ao Nang

Posted by adbeats06 on 1/11/2013 at 21:22

I am planning to spend some time on, or around Railay Beach in January and wanted to know if I should look for a place to stay on Railay, or stay in Ao Nang and boat over to Railay. I know West Railay in January is very expensive, so I'm not interested in that however I have heard it might be worth staying on East Railay and walking over to the beach on the west side? Help solving this dilemma greatly appreciated! As is everything else I have been asking about ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,760 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by LeonardCohen1 on 4/11/2013 at 08:17

Travel agents in Trang

Posted by WonderingTsar on 4/11/2013 at 06:46

As the subject comes up a lot, I went around all the travel agencies near the train station in Trang and took their numbers email addresses etc. They are up here, together with some practical info about getting to/around Trang and the Islands hth ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,474 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by LeonardCohen1 on 4/11/2013 at 07:47

ayutthaya to chiang mai by bus

Posted by dolicadol on 1/11/2013 at 02:28

hi, we would like to travel from ayutthaya to chiang mai by night bus,so I was wondering if anybody know exactly timetable and prices for this trip? I can not find anything on the web,so can you please help me. should we book in advance the bus or there are always free places?we are traveling on 13.November. tnx ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 6,892 times, with 9 replies. Last reply by Tilapia on 3/11/2013 at 07:33

Drop in Yoga classes, Chiang Mai

Posted by jackymoon on 2/11/2013 at 10:50

I'm based in Chaingmai for the month and want to keep up with my yoga practice. Does anyone have any suggestions? I have found a few options online, but the going rate seems to be 200 to 300 baht per session. If anyone knows somwhere cheaper I would love to hear about it. Thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 879 times, with no replies.

Relaxing Beach in Thailand

Posted by canada28 on 27/10/2013 at 23:10

Hi, I've been looking at a bunch of sites for hours now trying to figure out where to go next April for 3 days in the Thailand islands. For myself and my husband, I'd like somewhere quiet (not into partying), with just a few bungalow type accommodations on the beach (that aren't too expensive, under 1000 Baht per night)and maybe a restaurant or two. I would love a beautiful white sand beach and it needs to be fairly easy to get to since coming from Bangkok and we don't have too much time. I' ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,482 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by DLuek on 2/11/2013 at 08:38

Transport from BKK to Silom Area

Posted by adbeats06 on 31/10/2013 at 21:50

Hello, Can someone please recommend a taxi company that I can get from BKK airport to take me to the Silom area? I've been reading a lot about different types of transportation, and which taxi's not to get (metered vs non metered etc)....I'm a solo female traveler flying in around 1 am, and feeling unsure what I should do about this. Are metered cabs better? Is it true I should expect to pay 400-500 baht from the airport to silom? Thanks for your help! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,096 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by DLuek on 2/11/2013 at 02:07

Thailand - packing advice

Posted by mikefly on 29/10/2013 at 21:45

Hi, We're leaving in 10 days!! for a month in Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Siem Reap, Krabi, Khao Sok, Khao Lak and Hong Kong. Nothing will be too hardcore, as we have a baby with us - so no 4 (or even 2) day hikes, etc. etc. Day trips are on the agenda, and lots of walking is the plan. Can I get away with taking only a pair of Keen Newport sandals? - i.e. no hiking shoes/boots. Aside from Khao Sok, is there anywhere a rain jacket would prove useful, or will it just be too damn hot? If it's only fo ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,191 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by amnicoll on 31/10/2013 at 07:39

Khao Sok and itinerary help

Posted by marianaamc on 30/10/2013 at 14:51

Hi everyone, I'm portuguese and I'll be traveling to Thailand in August and will catch a flight from airasia to krabi from bangkok 28 August. I was reading a lot in travelfish about the khao sok np, it's a huge help this site planning every little part of my upcoming trip! My ideia was: 1. Get up very early (will I be able to rent a car very early?) and drive from krabi to the lake pier. 2. I would try to do a boat ride that would leave me in the raft house booked through the (wil ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,212 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by Geer1 on 30/10/2013 at 20:36

South Laos to Chiang Mai

Posted by VenNL on 27/10/2013 at 06:47

We're planning a visit to Laos next february. We leave from - and come back to - Chiang Mai . Does anybody have suggestions for a reasonably comfortable way to travel from the south of Laos (Pakse) to Chiang Mai (or vv). Flying looks a bit expensive. Thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 969 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by VenNL on 30/10/2013 at 06:13

Climbing Doi Chiang Dao without a tour?

Posted by Agriff on 22/10/2013 at 11:34

Hey all! My partner and I are looking to climb Doi Chiang Dao at the end of next month. We've heard reports of people doing day hikes illegally without a guide but we're not interested in that. We simply want to cut back on the costs of booking a full-fledged tour through the CD nest or Malee's. Does anyone know the right number to call to alert the mountain services that we'll be climbing? We tried one number but the person didn't speak any English. Also, does anyone know where we could ren ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,577 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by boleslav on 28/10/2013 at 19:48

Where to stay - a week on Ko Kut (Kood)

Posted by ebrown12 on 24/10/2013 at 13:19

I am spending two months travelling with my boyfriend through Thailand, Laos and Cambodia and we plan to spend a week on the beach before we fly home - I have decided on Ko Kut (Kood), we will be there at the end of January and from reading different posts it looks like it is best to book ahead. This is where I got confused, I have no idea where on the island to stay? We are going to be budget backpacking the whole trip, but i am happy to spend a bit more on accomodation for this last week, to ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,235 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by ebrown12 on 28/10/2013 at 14:48

national parks

Posted by sapote on 21/10/2013 at 19:22

hello, thank you for all! two questions how do i post a new thread? and is there a place on the site where i could peruse national parks by country? i have read some great individual reports on the main page over time. i will be traveling in Thailand and hoping to visit multiple NPs and would like to research some of them abit as to where and what about each. thanx ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 7,786 times, with 21 replies. Last reply by DLuek on 27/10/2013 at 23:37

Mae Song Loop - Beginner

Posted by drn11 on 26/10/2013 at 00:06

Hi all, My gf and I and really interested in doing the Mae Son Loop. We plan to go to Thailand in Feb 2014 and here is my rough itinerary: Day 1: Chiang Mai Day 2: Mae Sariang Day 3: Mae Hong Son Day 4: Pai Day 5: Chiang Mai Now neither of us have ridden a bike or scooter before! I think as beginners if we went for a two-wheeled solution we'd be going for a scooter. I wanted to see what peoples recommendation would be. Car or Scooter, for two beginners for the Mae Son Loop! Your help, input ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,338 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by LeonardCohen1 on 27/10/2013 at 19:57

Be Very Aware Of The Dodgy Taxis At The Airport

Posted by theloner on 18/10/2013 at 20:47

Have been numerous reports lately of the taxis having rigged spinning meters. For example costing about 1000 baht to Khao San Road. I had an experience myself a few years back going from the airport to the northern bus station. What should have been about 300 baht tops turned out to be 700 baht. Noticed right off how fast the meter was going while the guy continued chatting in rapid Thai trying to get me distracted. Arrived at the bus station handed him 300 baht and walked off. I never put my ba ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,089 times, with 19 replies. Last reply by LeonardCohen1 on 27/10/2013 at 19:49

The best island to snorkeling and diving on the first half of November.

Posted by Agee on 24/10/2013 at 13:18

Hi, We are wondering which island will be the best for snorkeling and diving on the first half of November. Ko Phi Phi has a lot to offer, but also we met discouraging opinions. We would like to explore the beauty of the island and sea life, but also we want to relax and have some fun during nights. We are not so scared to crowds, the best option for us is to stay in bungalow on the beach. Any ideas? Agee ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,417 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 25/10/2013 at 21:38

Exit ticket necessary when travelling to Thailand?

Posted by capisce on 20/10/2013 at 11:35

I'll be travelling solo to Thailand in November, without a visa (planning to go with the visa exemption rule). After Thailand I'll be seeing other parts of South East Asia, exact itinerary has not been decided yet. However, it says on the Thai embassy website: They must have a confirmed return ticket to show that they are flying out of Thailand within 30 or 15 days of entry, as appropriate. Open tickets do not qualify. Travelling overland out of Thailand by train, bus, etc to Cambodia, Laos, ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 8,987 times, with 26 replies. Last reply by CaseKad on 25/10/2013 at 20:59

Island hopping

Posted by natje812 on 23/10/2013 at 08:22

Hi guys First time to SE Asia and I will be flying to KL , spend some time in Malaysia, fly from KL to Langkawi and start island hopping from there around first week of November. Was thinking about Koh Lipe first, but am reading mixed reviews...some sites say it's still not that developed and others say it's really busy.. I do need a completely deserted island, nor super luxury (but a clean simple beach bungalow would be fine, but prefer western toilets though ), but would like to avoid the ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,621 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by Tilapia on 25/10/2013 at 14:35

Solo female traveler with questions!

Posted by adbeats06 on 23/10/2013 at 00:13

Hello fellow travelers, I will be flying to Bangkok in January 2014 to spend 3-4 weeks traveling around as a solo female traveler. After reading many reviews, blogs, and listening to friends I have been told Lub D guesthouse (GH) in BKK is a great place to stay as a solo traveler... can anyone who has stayed there confirm this for me? Or alternatively direct me to a GH they prefer? Also, I was hoping someone might be able to rec'md their favorite GH in Chaing Mai. I am on somewhat of a budget ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,906 times, with 13 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 25/10/2013 at 03:38

Khao Sok in half day

Posted by dolicadol on 24/10/2013 at 12:37

Hi, We are arriving in Surat Thani airport at 11am. Can anybody help me to make my plans because I'm little bit confused. So we would like to visit khao sok but because we don't have too much time Is it possible to visit khao sok in 1 afternoon? From the airport to khao sok is about 2 hours ride. We would like to find accommodation for 1 night. I suppose it will be already 1-2Pm. Can we find someone to go with us to jungle trekking?? Next morning we can take boat to the lake and about noon ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 877 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by Captain_Bob on 25/10/2013 at 00:32

Travel from Sangkhlaburi to Ayutthaya

Posted by Stefaniala on 11/10/2013 at 02:01

Hi, we are three students and will start our travel from Bangkok next Monday (14th). We thought about going to Kanchanaburi first, then up to Sangkhlaburi and then cross to Ayutthaya, then to Ko Samet and back to BK. Any suggestions on that? Specifically: is there any bus/other transportation possibility from Sangkhlaburi to Ayutthaya? Thanks in advance! Stefania ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,036 times, with 12 replies. Last reply by somanights on 24/10/2013 at 06:37

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page