Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

chiang mai to chong mek border with laos

Posted by jennie2102 on 1/10/2013 at 01:26

Hi, Im looking for advice on getting from Chiang Mai to the Chong mek border with Laos. Id quite like to make a stop or two along the way and see the places that are less touristy! Having done a bit of reading, im still not really sure where to stop. I can see that I can get a bus straight from ubon ratchathani to pakse which stops for immigration at the border. This would be fine for me. where else would people suggest I stop? Is the bus the way to go? And how about a sleeper bus for any of ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,355 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by LeonardCohen1 on 2/10/2013 at 10:02

My first time in Thailand

Posted by dore536 on 26/9/2013 at 04:56

Hello forum, I'm planning to spend 3 weeks in Thailand between January and February. Just before booking my flight I'd like a few advises ... just in case! The trip planned should be the follow day 1-2: Roma-Bangkok arriving late morning/lunchtime maximum, ceck-in in hotel and - if I'm not destroyed! - a first walk around. 1 night @ Bangkok day 3: visit of Bangkok and in the afternoon transfer to Ayutthaya (by boat?) --> 2 nights @ Ayutthaya day 4: visit of Ayutthaya day 5 ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,952 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by dore536 on 1/10/2013 at 01:30

rough itinerary

Posted by ricardo4 on 27/9/2013 at 01:13

Hi, ive made a rough (very rough) itinerary for my trip to thailand in jan/feb Day 1 - arrive in bkk, spend maybe 3 days their sightseeing, enjoying the nightlife. Im sure ive read that their is a night river cruise, how do i go about finding it and how much roughly? Day 4 - travel to kanchanburi, to see the river kwai and stay on the floating hotels, are they expensive? And what is the best way to get their from bkk? Day 6 - this is where im stuck as i want to spend the last 10 days in krabi ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,998 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by amnicoll on 30/9/2013 at 04:37

How to get to Ayutthaya from Bangkok

Posted by dore536 on 26/9/2013 at 09:14

Hi everybody, I would like to reach Ayutthaya from Bangkok by boat in the afternoon and to come back 2 days later by train (or the other way round). Does anyone have a website link where I can see prices/timetable to eventually book 1 way? or does anyone know if there is a "public" boat service which links Bangkok-Ayutthaya, in the way to avoid the classical trips organized by travel agencies (train + boat) to be more independent? Thanx in advance ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,931 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by DLuek on 27/9/2013 at 09:37

Bus from Phuket to Ranong

Posted by trema on 10/9/2013 at 07:54

Hi, I will be arriving at Phuket airport around 1pm and from there take the bus to Ranong . I don't think I can catch the bus to Ranong from the airport, so need to go to Phuket new bus station. Does anyone know if there are still buses leaving phuket town in the afternoon? Where can I find a timetable that is up to date? Thank you so much! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 8,656 times, with 21 replies. Last reply by christof on 26/9/2013 at 20:10

Travel agency ripoff Bangkok: Sun Sea Travel

Posted by florinbadea on 22/4/2012 at 18:39

Hi everybody! I wanted to share the following experience with all of you, so that you don't get scammed or ripped off when booking trips while in Bangkok! My girlfriend and I sayed in Bangkok last week and during our stay we wanted to visit some places near Bangkok, especially the floating market and the tiger temple . While visiting a temple in Bangkok, we were approached by a person, which advised us that a good place to book trips would be a government travel agency, as these do not have high ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 7,361 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by LeonardCohen1 on 26/9/2013 at 10:28

Thailand

Posted by alexjorge on 26/9/2013 at 02:19

Google is your friend ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 976 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by amnicoll on 26/9/2013 at 05:26

Odd story about Thailand's Full Moon Party

Posted by somtam2000 on 18/9/2013 at 20:48

Australian newspaper The Age has a quite peculiar story today regarding the safety of foreign tourists at Thailand's Full Moon Parties. While we agree that people should at least try to remain in control at these events, there is one quote from an outgoing Australian honorary consul that really jumped out at us: "What do you do if you are out of it from taking this stuff and you are dragged away in the night and raped by a pack of Thai guys?" It seems extremely irresponsible to narr ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,063 times, with 28 replies. Last reply by Snookieboi on 26/9/2013 at 05:18

Itinerary too busy: what to skip?

Posted by KatW on 24/9/2013 at 07:52

Hi We're planning a three weeks trip in Thailand with three kids (5-8-11). The itinerary below includes all places we would like to visit but... I fear it will be too much for our kids. So... we need to make choices? What place would you skip and where would you add extra days? Why? We plan to use taxi's, domestic flights and a night train. Thanks a lot for your help! Katrien 1 Bangkok arrival 2 Bangkok 3 Bangkok 4 Bangkok - River Kwai (via floating market) 5 River Kwai (Erawan) - ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,205 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by Blackartemis on 26/9/2013 at 02:11

Money advice

Posted by shaungt08 on 9/4/2013 at 14:41

I'll be going to Koh Samui, Koh phangnan and Ko Tao for 4 weeks with my girlfriend this summer. We will be taking £2000 each how would you recommend us taking our money?? Either cash, travel cheques or travel card or anything else?? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,784 times, with 10 replies. Last reply by Blackartemis on 26/9/2013 at 00:22

Khao San Road Hostels/Guesthouses

Posted by crystalrsh on 23/9/2013 at 15:57

I am arriving in Bangkok late Feb. 23rd and I would like something close to the airport but not to far away from Khao San Road. Any recommendations on cheap hotels/guesthouses? How far of a drive is it from the airport to Khao San Road? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,350 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by Blackartemis on 26/9/2013 at 00:14

Tentative 3.5 week itinerary - need help guesstimating a daily budget

Posted by FreeSombrero on 24/9/2013 at 09:10

So me and my girlfriend are heading out next week, for 25 days. Tentative itinerary is something like this: Bangkok - 1 night Sukhothai - 1-2 nights Krabi + Railay - 5 nights Ko Lanta/Lipe/Phayam/Chang/Muk - 10 or so nights, somehow divided between one or two of these, depending on the vibe, weather, beating of our hearts, alignment of the stars and so forth. If we head for Muk, probably also a night or two in Trang. Khao Sok - 1-2 nights Bangkok - 3 nights Home. I don't think the math exactly ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,420 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by LeonardCohen1 on 24/9/2013 at 19:42

Ubon Rathathani Train Service Suspended Due to Flooding...

Posted by altmtl on 21/9/2013 at 10:09

See: http://www.chiangraitimes.com/news/19160.html ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,412 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by amnicoll on 23/9/2013 at 05:25

Bang Saphan-Ban Krut reviews Seven years old

Posted by sayadian on 5/7/2013 at 22:35

Can't say I am over the moon when I rely on Travelfish and then find at the bottom of the reviews nobody has visited since 2006. Sorry Travelfish but a seven year old review is worth nothing. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,093 times, with 18 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 23/9/2013 at 00:27

Main prangs at Wat Arun closing to visitors starting Sept. 24

Posted by DLuek on 19/9/2013 at 21:04

Just got word from a group of professional Thai tour guides that the main prangs at Bangkok's Wat Arun will be closing to visitors starting Sept. 24 due to a large scale restoration. Apparently the giant brick base is 'eroding', and there are concerns that the prang could eventually topple if nothing if done. This is a major undertaking -- they're saying up to three years before it reopens. Visitors will still be able to peep the prangs from a distance; they just can't climb up them. The ubosot ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,399 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by LeonardCohen1 on 22/9/2013 at 21:28

train tickets?

Posted by pirmelenge on 21/9/2013 at 00:42

Hi! I'm wondering if its better to buy train tickets in advance from a travel agent/website or just show up at the station the day of travel? I'll be traveling a popular route - Bangkok to Chiang Mai. Thanks for any info! Molly ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,078 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by pirmelenge on 21/9/2013 at 12:22

Itinerary ideas?? - Bangkok to Singapore over 3 weeks...

Posted by carlw87 on 17/9/2013 at 02:31

Hi guys. I thought I'd jump on the bandwagon and see if anyone had any extra tips for locations to get to during my 3 weeks in Southeast Asia. I have noted the obvious and some not so obvious places to go on my trip but wondered if anyone could add a few 'travellers secrets', little gems which only you guys know about! Any information will be gratefully received as this is my first time backpacking! Cheers! Carl ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,669 times, with 8 replies. Last reply by LeonardCohen1 on 18/9/2013 at 19:58

Sangkhlaburi - Mon Bridge collapse - update?

Posted by altmtl on 16/9/2013 at 17:12

http://www.bangkokpost.com/learning/learning-from-news/362198/mon-bridge-collapse-heavy-rain-strong-current Can anyone give me an update on this? Is the bridge being repaired? thx ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 15,651 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by altmtl on 18/9/2013 at 03:19

Thailand in Novemeber ?

Posted by JinkStudio on 25/8/2013 at 09:29

Hi All, My girlfriend and I are planning a trip around SEA for 5/6 months starting in November. Initially we thought we would start in Thailand,but after having done some research on the weather in Thailand at that time it seems that it might not be the best time to go? We are open to experience all the different things Thailand has to offer (not the seedy) but we would really like to spend a good week or two in a place that is islandy and with nice beaches etc but not too touristy either. Are ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,688 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by altmtl on 17/9/2013 at 19:06

Arriving late in Thailand! Advice?

Posted by crystalrsh on 13/9/2013 at 14:15

I am booking my flight today and the one I prefer has a short layover but I will be arriving in Thailand at midnight. I am a solo female traveler and I just want to be careful since I will be traveling alone. I've read its not the best idea to travel alone at night but my hostel is 20-30 minutes away from the airport. Is it safe to travel in a taxi at night from the airport to a nearby hostel? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,896 times, with 10 replies. Last reply by LeonardCohen1 on 16/9/2013 at 08:39

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page