Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Mae Song Loop - Beginner

Posted by drn11 on 26/10/2013 at 00:06

Hi all, My gf and I and really interested in doing the Mae Son Loop. We plan to go to Thailand in Feb 2014 and here is my rough itinerary: Day 1: Chiang Mai Day 2: Mae Sariang Day 3: Mae Hong Son Day 4: Pai Day 5: Chiang Mai Now neither of us have ridden a bike or scooter before! I think as beginners if we went for a two-wheeled solution we'd be going for a scooter. I wanted to see what peoples recommendation would be. Car or Scooter, for two beginners for the Mae Son Loop! Your help, input ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,368 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by LeonardCohen1 on 27/10/2013 at 19:57

Be Very Aware Of The Dodgy Taxis At The Airport

Posted by theloner on 18/10/2013 at 20:47

Have been numerous reports lately of the taxis having rigged spinning meters. For example costing about 1000 baht to Khao San Road. I had an experience myself a few years back going from the airport to the northern bus station. What should have been about 300 baht tops turned out to be 700 baht. Noticed right off how fast the meter was going while the guy continued chatting in rapid Thai trying to get me distracted. Arrived at the bus station handed him 300 baht and walked off. I never put my ba ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,108 times, with 19 replies. Last reply by LeonardCohen1 on 27/10/2013 at 19:49

The best island to snorkeling and diving on the first half of November.

Posted by Agee on 24/10/2013 at 13:18

Hi, We are wondering which island will be the best for snorkeling and diving on the first half of November. Ko Phi Phi has a lot to offer, but also we met discouraging opinions. We would like to explore the beauty of the island and sea life, but also we want to relax and have some fun during nights. We are not so scared to crowds, the best option for us is to stay in bungalow on the beach. Any ideas? Agee ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,451 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 25/10/2013 at 21:38

Exit ticket necessary when travelling to Thailand?

Posted by capisce on 20/10/2013 at 11:35

I'll be travelling solo to Thailand in November, without a visa (planning to go with the visa exemption rule). After Thailand I'll be seeing other parts of South East Asia, exact itinerary has not been decided yet. However, it says on the Thai embassy website: They must have a confirmed return ticket to show that they are flying out of Thailand within 30 or 15 days of entry, as appropriate. Open tickets do not qualify. Travelling overland out of Thailand by train, bus, etc to Cambodia, Laos, ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 9,217 times, with 26 replies. Last reply by CaseKad on 25/10/2013 at 20:59

Island hopping

Posted by natje812 on 23/10/2013 at 08:22

Hi guys First time to SE Asia and I will be flying to KL , spend some time in Malaysia, fly from KL to Langkawi and start island hopping from there around first week of November. Was thinking about Koh Lipe first, but am reading mixed reviews...some sites say it's still not that developed and others say it's really busy.. I do need a completely deserted island, nor super luxury (but a clean simple beach bungalow would be fine, but prefer western toilets though ), but would like to avoid the ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,648 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by Tilapia on 25/10/2013 at 14:35

Solo female traveler with questions!

Posted by adbeats06 on 23/10/2013 at 00:13

Hello fellow travelers, I will be flying to Bangkok in January 2014 to spend 3-4 weeks traveling around as a solo female traveler. After reading many reviews, blogs, and listening to friends I have been told Lub D guesthouse (GH) in BKK is a great place to stay as a solo traveler... can anyone who has stayed there confirm this for me? Or alternatively direct me to a GH they prefer? Also, I was hoping someone might be able to rec'md their favorite GH in Chaing Mai. I am on somewhat of a budget ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,925 times, with 13 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 25/10/2013 at 03:38

Khao Sok in half day

Posted by dolicadol on 24/10/2013 at 12:37

Hi, We are arriving in Surat Thani airport at 11am. Can anybody help me to make my plans because I'm little bit confused. So we would like to visit khao sok but because we don't have too much time Is it possible to visit khao sok in 1 afternoon? From the airport to khao sok is about 2 hours ride. We would like to find accommodation for 1 night. I suppose it will be already 1-2Pm. Can we find someone to go with us to jungle trekking?? Next morning we can take boat to the lake and about noon ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 894 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by Captain_Bob on 25/10/2013 at 00:32

Travel from Sangkhlaburi to Ayutthaya

Posted by Stefaniala on 11/10/2013 at 02:01

Hi, we are three students and will start our travel from Bangkok next Monday (14th). We thought about going to Kanchanaburi first, then up to Sangkhlaburi and then cross to Ayutthaya, then to Ko Samet and back to BK. Any suggestions on that? Specifically: is there any bus/other transportation possibility from Sangkhlaburi to Ayutthaya? Thanks in advance! Stefania ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,080 times, with 12 replies. Last reply by somanights on 24/10/2013 at 06:37

Extending 60 day visa further 30

Posted by Kimwright on 23/10/2013 at 13:09

My husband and I have tourist visa for 60 days, we want to extend a further 30 and I read on the forum that it's possible without leaving and returning to Thailand, can someone tell me where we go to get this extension. Any help would be appreciated. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,170 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by altmtl on 24/10/2013 at 02:02

Can you hire a car in Pakchong?

Posted by cheli on 23/10/2013 at 05:33

Hi all, I'll be travelling in a group of four to visit Khao Yai National Park in November this year and we read that it was possible to hire a car in Pakchong to explore the park with. This sounds great, but I can't find much information about car hire online - is someone who has visited recently able to confirm that there are car hire places in Pakchong? I'm just trying to avoid a situation where we all get off the train to realise there's nothing available! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 822 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by cheli on 23/10/2013 at 16:56

First Time Solo Traveller!!!CANT WAIT!!!

Posted by SIMONL on 19/10/2013 at 15:19

Hello ALL! I'm planning on a first solo travel to SEA for 8 weeks. I'm arriving on Monday in Bangkok departing from Toronto,Canada tomorrow morning! Just thought I would drop a line to see if there are any solo travellers as well! BTW this site has been great, your own experiences made me buy the ticket sooner than expected! All the best from Canada! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,356 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by SIMONL on 23/10/2013 at 06:10

Best way to get from Suvarnabhumi to Don Mueang?

Posted by buddhaland on 22/10/2013 at 11:21

I am arriving in Bankok at Suvarnabhumi International Airport on November 5 at 11:45AM, and need to get to Don Mueang Airport by 3:00PM to catch a flight to Krabi. I figure it will take me till about 12:45 or 1:00 to get out of Suvarnabhumi, which leaves me about 2 hours for travel time. Will I be able to make it in that amount of time at that time of day? What is the best way to get there? If by taxi, how much should I expect to pay? I would really appreciate some advice in this - I am beg ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,032 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by amnicoll on 23/10/2013 at 05:52

Best time to visit Thailand

Posted by mattylevy123 on 24/1/2013 at 05:02

Hi i'm in the process of planning a trip to SE asia for four months this year and Thailand is first on my list of places to visit. I have no time constraints or anything i need to be back for but am unsure about the weather etc when i go out there. I was planing on leaving for Thailand in June and spending 30 days there then moving on to other countries. Would it be wise to delay the trip until later in the year when the rainy season is over? Or does it not make that much of a difference ( have ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,424 times, with 9 replies. Last reply by ErikWillems on 22/10/2013 at 04:41

Have you heard of ňúThailand Connect

Posted by bizeventth on 22/10/2013 at 04:33

It's a global marketing campaign designed to make it easier for corporate buyers and meetings organizers to sell Thailand as a premier MICE destination. Share your thoughts. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 780 times, with no replies.

Current weather, north or south?

Posted by Chaverbe on 20/10/2013 at 16:19

Hi all, We're arriving in Thailand on Wednesday and after 5 days of Bangkok we originally planned to go south and visit some islands. Afterwards we would be doing Cambodia, Laos and then northern Thailand. Now I've been checking weather forecasts and it seems still to be quite rainy in the south. So we're thinking to throw the tour around and first go north, then Laos, Cambodia and only then southern Thailand. I'm talking about a timespan of approx 3 weeks in each part. What would be your ad ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,251 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by Chaverbe on 21/10/2013 at 14:27

suvarnabhumi to kanchanaburi

Posted by dolicadol on 20/10/2013 at 14:45

Hi all, We are coming to the suvarnabhumi airport on 11.11. at 15,30 hours. I hope that we will complete all formalities at the airport till 18:00. So,my question is how to reach Kanchanaburi. we do not want to go with the van or taxi. We would like to go with the bus from southern bus terminal. Can someone help me. If I understand well: we must take taxi to the southern bus terminal:how much will the taxi cost and how long does it take to get to the bus terminal? next,i can not find any b ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,350 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by Alex_Design on 21/10/2013 at 11:14

New Government Tax ? Keep Out The Trash

Posted by theloner on 21/10/2013 at 04:14

The Thai government is considering a 500 baht entry fee claiming it will keep out the trash. I knew it was only a matter of time before the government started cracking down on what they consider undesirables. Doubt the fee will have much impact. Article today in the Bangkok Post. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 796 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by LeonardCohen1 on 21/10/2013 at 08:16

Chiang Mai - where to stay for a month? Smith Residence?

Posted by TheNewGuy8 on 26/9/2010 at 23:51

I can't seem to decide. I got some quotes for discounted 1 month rates from Smith Res and Na Inn. Smith seems very cheap. I can get a room with everything i need for between 8000 and 9000 THB/month. Or for 17000 THB I could go fancy and get a sutie with multiple rooms and a kitchen. its a little bit outside the old city, i guess. And I dont LOVE the idea of staying in something that feels like a western hotel, but i do need desk/chair, internet, bathtub, fridge, microwave. Anyone have any ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,946 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by Captain_Bob on 21/10/2013 at 06:14

Bangkok to the south and bk.

Posted by Oligodfrey on 20/10/2013 at 08:52

Was wondering if anyone had any advice as how they've traveled Thailand? I'm going to be in Bangkok for a few days with my brother, then want to travel down south stopping at what places.? I land 26th November, and don't leave thailand( for Laos) till 8th of January. Want to go to the main islands (Ko Samui Ko Phangan Ko Tao) So going to be around for New Year's Eve, obversely there's the full moon party, is there anything else worth going to or is it his got be done. Would like to visit Ko Phi ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 913 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by amnicoll on 21/10/2013 at 05:54

Thai islands in early Dec: Around Koh Kood or Koh Phi Phi?

Posted by mineomermaya on 20/10/2013 at 20:19

I will be spending 2 weeks in the islands in Thailand beginning of December with my family. Should we choose Koh Kood, Koh Mak Koh Chang or Koh Lipe, Koh Phi Phi and Koh Lanta combination. We have spend 10 days around Koh Phi Phi and were very impressed with the beaches. Even with the low tide you could swim of Koh Phi Phi. What I'm worried about is that there seems to be huge tidal change around Koh Chang/Koh Kood due to shallow waters. My aim is to relax in a quite, unspoilt beach for one week ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,664 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by mineomermaya on 21/10/2013 at 03:50

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page