Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Travelling alone in Thailand - Laos -Vietnam and Cambodia

Posted by Lauren87 on 8/10/2013 at 07:47

Hi, I am travelling on my own and Fly out to Thailand on the April 28 2014 and then going to the above places. Does any one have any good places to go or will anyone be out there at the same time? I am a 26 year old female? Thanks Lauren ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,440 times, with no replies.

iPhone in Thailand

Posted by walkingtrees on 8/2/2010 at 07:45

Someone has mentioned that I can remove the SIM card in my iPhone and replace it with a prepaid one that I can purchase in Bangkok upon arrival. Anyone know anything about this? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,350 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by cubedweller on 8/10/2013 at 04:57

Travel from Bangkok to Siem Reap on Christmas Day?

Posted by rustythomson on 19/5/2013 at 03:54

Hi Everyone, First time posting on this forum but I have been reading it for a while it's got a lot of great information My question is regarding travel on Christmas Day 2013. We are travelling to bangkok and have already organised accommodation etc in Siem Reap from 25-29th December 2013 as we have a flight on the 29th out of Siem Reap to Sihanoukville. We were planning to bus from Bangkok to Siem Reap and just realised that we were planning to do this on Christmas Day? Does anyone know i ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,438 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by amnicoll on 8/10/2013 at 04:55

Any update on the temporary shut down of part of the train line north from BKK to Chiang Mai?

Posted by cheli on 2/10/2013 at 17:01

Hi all, I've read about how maintenance work on the northern train line from Bangkok to Chiang Mai has closed the route until October 31st. I came onto this forum to see if there's any update at this stage? We were hoping catch the train from Bangkok to Chiang Mai on Nov 17th. We've read that there's no way to book yet as there's likely to be a new timetable, but we're wondering if its going to be too hard to book and should consider flying instead? Urgh, flying! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,514 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by cheli on 7/10/2013 at 15:38

The road to Sangkhlaburi

Posted by joaquin55555 on 3/10/2013 at 10:20

Hello, I've just read the feature story : "The road to Sangkhlaburi"! Greatness... Now I was wondering if there's any chance you can rent a motorbike for a single way trip? For example 2 day rent and leave it in Sangkhlaburi? One of the must sees is a visit to Khao Laem National Park. But on there website they mention it's a bit cold (min 10°) in December?! So no swimming in the waterfalls? There a lot of tips/hints in the article but any additions will be highly appreciated... I'm ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 981 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by joaquin55555 on 7/10/2013 at 06:42

Where to buy Remy/Virgin hair piece

Posted by janika on 5/4/2013 at 04:45

A growing amount of Remy/Virgin hair seems to come from Asia now...so I'm wondering if anyone knows a place in Bangkok I can buy it ( hopefully a bit cheaper than the websites that supply us in New Zealand! ) I also would like to hold it up to my hair to get the best colour match, I'm after a long blonde clip-in piece. Reccomendations of places in Vietnam or Cambodia would also be very helpful indeed. Thankyou! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,411 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by DLuek on 6/10/2013 at 08:24

Best Family Beach?

Posted by xiaolinmama on 1/10/2013 at 17:27

Hello all (first time post-er here!), I am headed to Thailand for two months with my family - including a 10 year old and 13 year old. After a few weeks in Bankok and Chiang Mai, we want to head to the beach. We are thinking about renting a home/condo in Hua Hin for 1 month. We are looking for an economical area to help stretch our budget - nice beach, good food, decent snorkling. Phuket, Pattaya and other big party towns won't work for us. Any suggestions for beach towns for Mid-Nov to ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,031 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by christof on 6/10/2013 at 06:24

bkk airport to samui

Posted by caymansplash on 5/10/2013 at 08:36

hi all. i need to get from bkk to samui in nov ive looked at direct flights but they are a small furtune. im now looking at going from main airport to don muang and flying to surat thani and then coach and ferry across. has anyone done this route and how long will it take once in surat thani to get across to samui? thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 848 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by Captain_Bob on 6/10/2013 at 04:25

Enough time to catch the ferry in Koh Samui??

Posted by marie79 on 4/10/2013 at 16:17

Hi there, I hope someone who has done this route can help me... We are landing in Bangkok airport at 9:45 am, were thinking of flying to Koh Samui and then on to Koh Tao to be on Koh tao the same day. Doing my research, I realize that all ferries, catamaran leave Koh Samui at 12:00 or 1 pm at the latest. Do you think I would have enough time to : -Get out of the plane, pick up the luggage -Check in with Bangkok airways, fly to Koh Samui -Get out of the plane again, pick up the luggage again, tak ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,309 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by marie79 on 5/10/2013 at 09:41

Visa question

Posted by Bretteb on 4/10/2013 at 15:25

I fly into bkk on January 3rd and plan on heading up to chiang mai and then over to Laos, Vietnam and Cambodia. I know I get a 30 day free visa upon arrival into bangkok by air. My concern is after I leave Cambodia I plan on spending 2-3 weeks in the southern thai island. How would my visa situation work, I understand I would get a 15 day visa by land crossing but what if I wanted another month long visa, could I get that by flying back into thailand? Is it possible to get a visa for longe ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 858 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 4/10/2013 at 18:46

Have you done sea kayaking in Phuket or Krabi?

Posted by evrlast985 on 3/10/2013 at 13:51

My buddy and I are going to Thailand for the first time and we really want to go kayaking on the Andaman Sea. We really want to go kayaking to some of the less touristy beaches and maybe spend 3 or 4 nights doing this. Does anyone have any experience with overnight kayak trips? I have not been able to find a lot of information about them. Really appreciate any help you can give me. I have seen the sites for different kayaking tour operators but I am hoping to get some first hand accounts of wha ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,294 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by JaiYen88 on 4/10/2013 at 13:28

NYE 2014 Thailand newbie

Posted by SophieJae on 1/10/2013 at 15:38

Hi all, My boyfriend and I are travelling to Thailand for our first time on dec 26th to Jan 17th and we cannot wait. We are staying at a Muay Thai camp in Khao Lak for the first 2 weeks and then staying in Phuket for our final week. We want to do something good for New Year's Eve and have been told by a few people that Koh Phi Phi should be considered! However we will still be in Khao Lak at this time and working out how to get to the island is giving me a headache! I don't know whether we ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,150 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by Jeremyc on 4/10/2013 at 05:39

PHUKET IN NOVEMBER

Posted by natasia1 on 3/10/2013 at 04:01

Hi just wondering what the weather's like in early november in phuket generally? Booked one nights accom in patong but wanting to go off into the islands! what are the best islands to go to during this period? i really wanted to do phi phi island/krabi! thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,012 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by LeonardCohen1 on 3/10/2013 at 10:15

chiang mai to chong mek border with laos

Posted by jennie2102 on 1/10/2013 at 01:26

Hi, Im looking for advice on getting from Chiang Mai to the Chong mek border with Laos. Id quite like to make a stop or two along the way and see the places that are less touristy! Having done a bit of reading, im still not really sure where to stop. I can see that I can get a bus straight from ubon ratchathani to pakse which stops for immigration at the border. This would be fine for me. where else would people suggest I stop? Is the bus the way to go? And how about a sleeper bus for any of ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,384 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by LeonardCohen1 on 2/10/2013 at 10:02

My first time in Thailand

Posted by dore536 on 26/9/2013 at 04:56

Hello forum, I'm planning to spend 3 weeks in Thailand between January and February. Just before booking my flight I'd like a few advises ... just in case! The trip planned should be the follow day 1-2: Roma-Bangkok arriving late morning/lunchtime maximum, ceck-in in hotel and - if I'm not destroyed! - a first walk around. 1 night @ Bangkok day 3: visit of Bangkok and in the afternoon transfer to Ayutthaya (by boat?) --> 2 nights @ Ayutthaya day 4: visit of Ayutthaya day 5 ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,979 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by dore536 on 1/10/2013 at 01:30

rough itinerary

Posted by ricardo4 on 27/9/2013 at 01:13

Hi, ive made a rough (very rough) itinerary for my trip to thailand in jan/feb Day 1 - arrive in bkk, spend maybe 3 days their sightseeing, enjoying the nightlife. Im sure ive read that their is a night river cruise, how do i go about finding it and how much roughly? Day 4 - travel to kanchanburi, to see the river kwai and stay on the floating hotels, are they expensive? And what is the best way to get their from bkk? Day 6 - this is where im stuck as i want to spend the last 10 days in krabi ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,026 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by amnicoll on 30/9/2013 at 04:37

How to get to Ayutthaya from Bangkok

Posted by dore536 on 26/9/2013 at 09:14

Hi everybody, I would like to reach Ayutthaya from Bangkok by boat in the afternoon and to come back 2 days later by train (or the other way round). Does anyone have a website link where I can see prices/timetable to eventually book 1 way? or does anyone know if there is a "public" boat service which links Bangkok-Ayutthaya, in the way to avoid the classical trips organized by travel agencies (train + boat) to be more independent? Thanx in advance ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,968 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by DLuek on 27/9/2013 at 09:37

Bus from Phuket to Ranong

Posted by trema on 10/9/2013 at 07:54

Hi, I will be arriving at Phuket airport around 1pm and from there take the bus to Ranong . I don't think I can catch the bus to Ranong from the airport, so need to go to Phuket new bus station. Does anyone know if there are still buses leaving phuket town in the afternoon? Where can I find a timetable that is up to date? Thank you so much! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 8,943 times, with 21 replies. Last reply by christof on 26/9/2013 at 20:10

Travel agency ripoff Bangkok: Sun Sea Travel

Posted by florinbadea on 22/4/2012 at 18:39

Hi everybody! I wanted to share the following experience with all of you, so that you don't get scammed or ripped off when booking trips while in Bangkok! My girlfriend and I sayed in Bangkok last week and during our stay we wanted to visit some places near Bangkok, especially the floating market and the tiger temple . While visiting a temple in Bangkok, we were approached by a person, which advised us that a good place to book trips would be a government travel agency, as these do not have high ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 7,516 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by LeonardCohen1 on 26/9/2013 at 10:28

Thailand

Posted by alexjorge on 26/9/2013 at 02:19

Google is your friend ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,002 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by amnicoll on 26/9/2013 at 05:26

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page