Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Swing Festival in an Akha village, Chiangrai 29 Aug - 1 Sept 2013

Posted by wanderingcat on 26/8/2013 at 09:51

For anyone who happens to be in the area & interested in visiting a hilltribe village during a festival... Ban Apa, an Akha village in Chiangrai province, will be holding their Swing Festival celebrations from 29 August to 1 September 2013. This is held roughly 4 months after the first rice is planted & most of the hard work of preparing the land, planting, & weeding is over. Here is a video filmed years ago in this village showing the construction of the swing & the rituals sur ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,564 times, with 9 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 28/8/2013 at 10:45

Last Two Issues

Posted by Gearyd on 28/8/2013 at 07:16

Hi! First time traveling to Thailand. Female, young 20s. Have 15 days. Researched and mapped it out - and I know there have been threads on these two subjects before - however, I haven't found what I need. Chiang Mai - I have three open days. I'm a hiker - steeper the better. I'd love to ride an elephant. I'm on a 100 - 150 USD $ budget for this activity. Anyone have a favorite 2-3 day trekking company? I want to learn to dive on Ko Tao . Ideally I'd hit Ko Phagan for the half-moon par ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,091 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by LeonardCohen1 on 28/8/2013 at 08:47

Drugs being planted & passports being stolen?

Posted by roro1990 on 22/8/2013 at 09:36

Hi, one of my main worries about Thailand (I'm heading there alone) is the thought that people may plant drugs on me. I know this might sound ridiculously paranoid, but with the drug penalties being so severe in Thailand this would be my worst nightmare. I don't do drugs at home but I've heard stories of it happening to people that locals or even police may plant drugs on people. Also, I've heard of some hostels taking peoples passports and then demanding money when tourists ask for their passpo ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,061 times, with 25 replies. Last reply by sayadian on 27/8/2013 at 12:04

Traveling from Pai to Ko Samui

Posted by Bram89 on 12/7/2013 at 05:15

Hi everyone, I'm planning my holiday in Thailand, but I want some advise. What's the best way to travel from Pai to Ko Samui? Better to fly from Pai to Chiang Mai? Or take a bus? Or go to another village? We don't want to spend too much time, so we can spend some more money. Kind regards, Bram ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,414 times, with 9 replies. Last reply by Bram89 on 27/8/2013 at 05:32

Guns in Thailand

Posted by somtam2000 on 23/8/2013 at 11:19

So saw a guy shot in the head and killed right in front of Prachuap Khiri Khan train station tonight. Apparently some gang dispute (the motorbike chase had run past us earlier), the guy killed was a kid -- maybe 18-22ish. Right now I'm up for anyone to explain why guns are so freely available in Thailand. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,738 times, with 13 replies. Last reply by MADMAC on 26/8/2013 at 22:37

Review my month-long itinerary?

Posted by karibou on 24/8/2013 at 19:46

I'm visiting Thailand for the first time next year and would love feedback on my itinerary. Travelfish (including this great forum) drove many of my choices. To narrow my destinations to a manageable number, I'm sticking with central and southern Thailand on this month-long trip, leaving the rest for another time. As a middle-aged woman traveling alone on a limited budget, carefully selected lodging can make a huge difference in my enjoyment. In some cases I've shaped this trip around guesthous ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,885 times, with 15 replies. Last reply by Tilapia on 26/8/2013 at 21:08

Possible two week itinerary for Southern Thailand, too much for so little time?

Posted by lys36 on 21/8/2013 at 21:35

Hello! I'm backpacking through Southeast Asia for November and December and would like to end my trip in Southern Thailand. I only have 15 days as that is what my Visa will offer (I will be in Northern Thailand initially, travelling through Laos, Vietnam and Cambodia and then back into Thailand). I am looking to end my trip relaxing on beaches, meeting up with other travelers and I'm considering checking out the half moon party on Ko Pha-ngan on December 24. I was thinking of flying into Phuk ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,496 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by lys36 on 25/8/2013 at 15:45

Lost SD memory card Ko Phangan Haad Rin

Posted by tschef997 on 23/8/2013 at 12:06

We lost our SD-Memory card at the last Fullmoon-Party on Ko Phangan/ Haad Rin at the 21st of August. It was (or still is) in a (children-like) wallet with pink/greenish colours! We must have dropped it walking from the party to our accomodation in Haad Rin (at the Treehouse Bar)! We have been already to the police - they didn't take us too serious i guess ...! If there was money in the wallet ... we don't care - but there were about 1.000 photos from our journey through thailand on it! So pleas ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,176 times, with no replies.

Lost camera (Haad Rin Koh Phangan)

Posted by indianajo on 27/4/2010 at 23:21

We are staying in Haad Rin (Koh Phangan). We lost our ONLY camera today (April 27) at Haad Rin town. If anyone found the camera, we would really appreciate it if you reply to this post or call us at 084-seven3five-nine8onetwo. There are at least 3,000 traveling photos on there(since January). Brand: Panasonic Model: Lumix Colour: Black Thank You so much. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,196 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by tschef997 on 23/8/2013 at 11:51

Bamboo rafting/ Chiang Mai

Posted by mago2 on 25/2/2013 at 07:50

When we booked our trip to SEA the person recommended us doing a bamboo rafting experience as it's a 2-3 days journey with tribes from Chiang Mai, has anyone done it? Also we worry a bit as we will be there during late July / beginning of August so during the monsoon time, is it worth doing it then? We will be travelling from Laos, from LP and then we were thinking about the Gibbon Experience and tree houses (although it seems to be a bit pricey... is there anything in Thailand, similar to that? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,202 times, with 8 replies. Last reply by Alexandre8100 on 22/8/2013 at 12:49

My BKK trip

Posted by Rebecca94 on 20/8/2013 at 22:14

Talking about Bangkok, most people may think about a big busy city likeothers capital cities in the world. I have to admit that it is true but it isjust half of it. Bangkok is like others big cities and busy as others capitalsbut it still has another side remaining an old town-like and slow lifestyle. My stay at SSIP BOUTIQUE DHEVEJ BANGKOK brought me those kinds offeelings as I looked for a hotel in Ratthanakosin island, just to escape frombusy life of center of Bangkok. This hotel locates in ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,335 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by MADMAC on 22/8/2013 at 01:52

budget accommodation in Baan Mai area of Chiang Ra

Posted by jenniep2102 on 21/8/2013 at 07:46

Hi, I'm doing some voluntary work for a month in Chiang Rai and I'm looking to find somewhere relatively cheap. The Foundation I'll be working for have suggested a few places but they are all 500+B a night and are hotels. I've looked online but the problem seems to be that the Foundation is north of the river in the Baan Mai area, whilst the hostels and town area is on the other side of the river. It has been suggested to me by the Foundation that it might not be safe to cross the river i ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,071 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by Captain_Bob on 22/8/2013 at 01:28

Satun to Krabbi

Posted by Pocohantas on 21/8/2013 at 07:01

Hi Please can anyone give me info on getting from Satun to Krabbi please? I will be arriving in Satun via ferry from Langkawi. Many thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,077 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by LeonardCohen1 on 21/8/2013 at 19:49

1 mount in the south of thailand

Posted by neil5484 on 21/8/2013 at 11:08

hello all this is my first trip to thailand, so i'm looking for some advice on things to do, places to stay and best ways to travel. i'm there for one month and I fly to bangkok end of october, not keen on staying in bangkok for the first day of my hoilday, so going to book a flight to pukket, from there i plan to go to krabi and on to koh sumui then back to bangkok for the last couple of days, I will be making it up as i go so open to suggestions. The sort of things I'd like to do are elephant ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,217 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by LeonardCohen1 on 21/8/2013 at 19:48

1 Month In Thailand this November

Posted by Boohoo on 15/8/2013 at 14:55

Hi, I'm 34 and backpacking solo around Thailand(possibly including another neighbouring country too maybe) this November for 1 month and I'd very much appreciate some itinerary advice as this is my first trip to Thailand. Not that I'm wanting to plan the trip in its entirety. Quite the opposite. I plan on winging it and enjoying the excitement of not necessarily knowing where I'm going let rule the trip. That said, I guess I do have a very rough plan(or a general flow as I call it) of where I ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,559 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by LeonardCohen1 on 21/8/2013 at 19:33

Thailand/Malaysia itinerary- 20.09-11.10

Posted by mistral on 20/8/2013 at 16:28

Hi, I'm planning to travel through Thailand, visit Kuala Lumpur and finish in Singapur. Trip starts around 20.09 and finishes around 11.10 (I have to go back to school in October, I'll skip first 2 weeks anyway). This is going to be my first experience in Asia. I've read a lot so far but I figured out it's a good idea to post here and get some advices from experienced travellers. I want to experience city night life of Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur and Singapur but what I'm really into is trav ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,180 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by LeonardCohen1 on 20/8/2013 at 20:02

For The Adventurous...(travel partners)

Posted by BillKush1 on 19/8/2013 at 13:58

Hi there! I'm from Colorado and will be spending Sept.-Dec in SE Asia. I'm flying into Bangkok and will be spending a week or so there before I take off... I'm looking for people to join me on an epic bike ride from Bangkok to Pattaya. I'm an avid mtn biker, snowboarder, surfer and traveler. No need for you to be super experienced in anything, but the desire to have a great time and try new things! Looking to take off in mid Sept...whos in? After the bike ride I'm planning on heading to I ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,124 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by LeonardCohen1 on 19/8/2013 at 18:20

Ko Tao September - to reserve or not to reserve?

Posted by NataliaPi on 16/8/2013 at 07:38

Hi, I am planning to go to Ko Tao in september for some diving, getting there around the 3rd or 4th. As far as I have read, this is right after peak season, so I was wondering whether I should book accommodation, or if I can just show up and find accommodation there. I usually tend to travel off-season, and never book. This time I actually have found a place that I booked online for september, but I still have a few days to cancel the reservation, as usually the places you find online are n ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,208 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by LeonardCohen1 on 18/8/2013 at 07:01

Mae Hong Son Loop

Posted by saramac on 17/8/2013 at 00:43

Solo traveler, don't have experience with a motorbike, so I plan on starting the Mae Hong Son loop on Monday in a rental car. Any advice? Anyone interested in coming along? Does anyone know where to pick up the gt rider map locally? Thanks! Sara ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,007 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by Captain_Bob on 17/8/2013 at 09:02

HELP...Thailand itinerary with young kids

Posted by Dorothy on 13/8/2013 at 17:23

Hi, I'm a first timer to Thailand planning to spend a month there this November with my husband and 2 kids (4 & 2). I'd be really grateful of any itinerary advice, tips on what to see, where to stay, places to eat and how to get about. We'll be flying into Bangkok from the UK and then hoping to get a no frills flight to Australia from Thailand. We'd like to spend some time in Bangkok when we first arrive. Then we'd like to spend some time in the mountains/jungle. With such young kids we won ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,866 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by Joelle on 16/8/2013 at 11:34

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page