Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Satun to Krabbi

Posted by Pocohantas on 21/8/2013 at 07:01

Hi Please can anyone give me info on getting from Satun to Krabbi please? I will be arriving in Satun via ferry from Langkawi. Many thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,088 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by LeonardCohen1 on 21/8/2013 at 19:49

1 mount in the south of thailand

Posted by neil5484 on 21/8/2013 at 11:08

hello all this is my first trip to thailand, so i'm looking for some advice on things to do, places to stay and best ways to travel. i'm there for one month and I fly to bangkok end of october, not keen on staying in bangkok for the first day of my hoilday, so going to book a flight to pukket, from there i plan to go to krabi and on to koh sumui then back to bangkok for the last couple of days, I will be making it up as i go so open to suggestions. The sort of things I'd like to do are elephant ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,225 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by LeonardCohen1 on 21/8/2013 at 19:48

1 Month In Thailand this November

Posted by Boohoo on 15/8/2013 at 14:55

Hi, I'm 34 and backpacking solo around Thailand(possibly including another neighbouring country too maybe) this November for 1 month and I'd very much appreciate some itinerary advice as this is my first trip to Thailand. Not that I'm wanting to plan the trip in its entirety. Quite the opposite. I plan on winging it and enjoying the excitement of not necessarily knowing where I'm going let rule the trip. That said, I guess I do have a very rough plan(or a general flow as I call it) of where I ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,570 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by LeonardCohen1 on 21/8/2013 at 19:33

Thailand/Malaysia itinerary- 20.09-11.10

Posted by mistral on 20/8/2013 at 16:28

Hi, I'm planning to travel through Thailand, visit Kuala Lumpur and finish in Singapur. Trip starts around 20.09 and finishes around 11.10 (I have to go back to school in October, I'll skip first 2 weeks anyway). This is going to be my first experience in Asia. I've read a lot so far but I figured out it's a good idea to post here and get some advices from experienced travellers. I want to experience city night life of Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur and Singapur but what I'm really into is trav ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,203 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by LeonardCohen1 on 20/8/2013 at 20:02

For The Adventurous...(travel partners)

Posted by BillKush1 on 19/8/2013 at 13:58

Hi there! I'm from Colorado and will be spending Sept.-Dec in SE Asia. I'm flying into Bangkok and will be spending a week or so there before I take off... I'm looking for people to join me on an epic bike ride from Bangkok to Pattaya. I'm an avid mtn biker, snowboarder, surfer and traveler. No need for you to be super experienced in anything, but the desire to have a great time and try new things! Looking to take off in mid Sept...whos in? After the bike ride I'm planning on heading to I ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,135 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by LeonardCohen1 on 19/8/2013 at 18:20

Ko Tao September - to reserve or not to reserve?

Posted by NataliaPi on 16/8/2013 at 07:38

Hi, I am planning to go to Ko Tao in september for some diving, getting there around the 3rd or 4th. As far as I have read, this is right after peak season, so I was wondering whether I should book accommodation, or if I can just show up and find accommodation there. I usually tend to travel off-season, and never book. This time I actually have found a place that I booked online for september, but I still have a few days to cancel the reservation, as usually the places you find online are n ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,222 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by LeonardCohen1 on 18/8/2013 at 07:01

Mae Hong Son Loop

Posted by saramac on 17/8/2013 at 00:43

Solo traveler, don't have experience with a motorbike, so I plan on starting the Mae Hong Son loop on Monday in a rental car. Any advice? Anyone interested in coming along? Does anyone know where to pick up the gt rider map locally? Thanks! Sara ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,025 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by Captain_Bob on 17/8/2013 at 09:02

HELP...Thailand itinerary with young kids

Posted by Dorothy on 13/8/2013 at 17:23

Hi, I'm a first timer to Thailand planning to spend a month there this November with my husband and 2 kids (4 & 2). I'd be really grateful of any itinerary advice, tips on what to see, where to stay, places to eat and how to get about. We'll be flying into Bangkok from the UK and then hoping to get a no frills flight to Australia from Thailand. We'd like to spend some time in Bangkok when we first arrive. Then we'd like to spend some time in the mountains/jungle. With such young kids we won ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,899 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by Joelle on 16/8/2013 at 11:34

phuket to krabi by boat

Posted by caymansplash on 16/8/2013 at 11:03

hi all. as per title, looking for any advise on getting from patong beach, phuket to ao nang, krabi by boat. as i understand it all of the tour operators can arrange this. does anyone know of the cost or the times they run. thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,056 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by LeonardCohen1 on 16/8/2013 at 11:31

Expired Antibiotics Sold in Pai

Posted by travelfisher on 15/8/2013 at 06:40

Hi there, for your information: Drugstore next to Duang restaurant and Government Savings Bank office in Pai - it's "main corner" of "walking street" there, bank has pink board- sells expired antibiotic (Dicloxilin in my case, expired Dicloxilin can cause kidney damage)- expiry date is 20.02.13, so it's been 6 month since it actually expired. I was stupid enough to trust "pharmacist" there, so it came out after I took a course that didn't work, and came back to ge ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,784 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by travelfisher on 15/8/2013 at 20:44

don mueang airport to ksr cost?

Posted by caymansplash on 15/8/2013 at 05:36

hi all, long time reader but have another account and cant remember log in details so not a total newbie. as per the title, does anyone have any idea on the cost of a taxi from don mueang airport to around ksr on a saturday early/mid afternoon thanks for any and all comments enjoy s.e.a ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,427 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by LeonardCohen1 on 15/8/2013 at 20:03

1 week in Thailand Islands

Posted by Islandseeker on 10/8/2013 at 08:13

My partner and I are flying into and out of Phuket in the middle of October. We have 7 days in the area. We are quite keen to escape the crowds of Phuket and head to a couple of islands close by. We are looking for some nice beaches, in the hope we will get sunny breaks. We are in our 30s and looking for a place to chill and to avoid the party scene, but not to be the only tourists in the area. We are looking at breaking the 7 days up over a couple of different places. Any suggestions? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,510 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by muskey on 13/8/2013 at 15:48

paradise lost

Posted by pad_thai on 23/7/2013 at 13:53

what is the most 'off the beaten track' island (or beach) you have visited in Thailand. I love Thailand, I've been a couple times. I like mellow and slow - not full moon party. I've been to a few islands in Thailand (Ko Chang, Ko Tao, Ko Samet) I've also visited Ton Sai. I loved all of these places probably Ton Sai the best but I'd love to know if there are any more obscure beach/island spots I could (should visit). Thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,861 times, with 18 replies. Last reply by christof on 13/8/2013 at 11:43

3-month SEA itinerary - please critique

Posted by adaminasia on 7/8/2013 at 00:02

Hi, I am taking a 3-month solo trip from September through November to Southeast Asia, leaving in just a few weeks. This is my first time going and I am really excited! Travelfish has been super helpful to see other people's itineraries and learn more about the area, so thanks to this community! I'm hoping for a life changing / building new perspectives type of experience. Not sure whether/if I'll make it back to this region so I've packed in a lot. I'd love to get your thoughts on my itin ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 6,372 times, with 33 replies. Last reply by MADMAC on 12/8/2013 at 00:05

Live aboard Phuket

Posted by boaby on 7/8/2013 at 17:04

I would like to do a live aboard from Phuket. With view to doing Burma banks Any recommendations ? Safe travels boaby ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,379 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by christof on 10/8/2013 at 02:48

Critique the Itinerary- do I have time to do more?

Posted by Sidiki on 7/8/2013 at 00:18

Hey Travelfish Friends! I've seen some itinerary critiques before and I was hoping you guys could do it for me? I'll be traveling in SE Asia for the first time next year with my girlfriend. We plan on being in Thailand for 3 weeks. Psychology of the trip: we'll be coming right out of our Peace Corps services, so there will probably be conflicts between wanting to experience "genuine" Thailand and wanting to experience "vacation" Thailand after having been genuine for two ye ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,735 times, with 15 replies. Last reply by MADMAC on 9/8/2013 at 00:46

Food in Southeast Asia!!!

Posted by cdnexplorer on 7/1/2010 at 07:34

I'm leaving in a little over 6 weeks for a 6 month tour of SEA. Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos, Thailand, Malaysia and shorter stops in the Philippines and Bali. What are some 'must have' dishes from each respective region? I understand that everyone has their own tastes and preferences, but if people could jot down 4-5 from each region it would be appreciated. I've always wondered why there isn't a 'food' subcategory in the forums - but I suppose you can't cover every base. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,742 times, with 30 replies. Last reply by LeonardCohen1 on 8/8/2013 at 10:26

Ko phi phi or Ko tao

Posted by hacohenamit on 16/7/2013 at 04:49

Hello, Im heading with few friends to southern Thailand on the 11 of September, I have doubts rather i should visit phi phi island before Im heading to Phangan, or instead visit Ko tao. what are the differences between the night life of those two islands?. the original plan was to land in bgk travel to phi phi for 4 days and then heading to Phangan. Thanks. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 8,490 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by Sparts on 7/8/2013 at 06:01

Oil spill hits Samet Islands Ao Phrao area?

Posted by exacto on 29/7/2013 at 13:55

Does anyone have first-hand information on the oil spill washing up on Samet Island? The news report I saw said the oil was hitting the Ao Phrao area on the west coast. Is it impacting the popular beaches on the east coast as well? Either way, bummer. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,965 times, with 8 replies. Last reply by RiniRabbit on 7/8/2013 at 05:07

Critique my Thailand itinerary!

Posted by TorontoJay on 1/8/2013 at 22:59

Hi all, I've spent some time reading this forum and I finally decided to register and post my itinerary for a trip I am taking this fall to Thailand. I hope I can get some good suggestions/advice from you fine folks here First, some basic facts: Travelling with my GF, we are both Canadian 30-somethings and it's our first time in Thailand. We're both looking to have a "comfortable" holiday, i.e. we are not backpackers. Here's what I have so far: Sept. 26th: Midnight arrival at BKK ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,170 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by gregmccann1 on 5/8/2013 at 00:44

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page