Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Bangkok Airways Siem Reap -> BKK -> Samui. Doubt

Posted by diee on 21/7/2013 at 06:20

Hello, sorry to bother you for the following request. I will fly from Siem Reap to Bangkok to reach Koh Samui. Since I would like to spend as much time as possible in Siem Reap I'm considering to book the following flight From Siem Reap to Bangkok (land at 6:45 PM) From Bangkok to Koh Samui (depart at 9PM) Do you think I will have enough time to take the plane to Koh Samui once landed in Bangkok from Siem Reap? Thanks. Daniele ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,744 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by tyler on 21/7/2013 at 10:58

CM to Krabi low cost

Posted by lavalette on 16/7/2013 at 06:15

Hi all, are there any low cost airlines from Chiang Mai to Krabi (Jan'14)? i can't find any. found with bangkok air but that was nearly 5000bhat. if there's none, what is the best way to do it? thanks in advance ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,628 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by Geer1 on 20/7/2013 at 15:20

How to tackle the Islands?!

Posted by IndiaGabrielle on 18/7/2013 at 10:00

Hellooo, In need of some advice on how best to tackle the islands in Thailand? I'm backpacking around SE Asia for around 3 months in total - starting in Bangkok, then going down to islands - then back up for the rest. I 'm interested in experiencing a mix of both the party side and quieter / less touristy side of island life so if anyone has any suggested hopping routes that involve a mix of both that would be great. Cheers! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,440 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by tezza on 20/7/2013 at 06:04

Female travel Buddy needed -- November 12 to 19

Posted by PKRvirus on 19/7/2013 at 12:07

I'm looking for a travel buddy going to Thailand on November 12 to 19, email me at paola_jane16@yahoo.com, keep in touch! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,392 times, with no replies.

Travel adaptor at the arrivals area in the airport or Ayutthaya??

Posted by heleni on 18/7/2013 at 07:16

I have an electrical question. (Sorry) I am going straight from the airport to Ayutthaya. Will I be able to buy adaptors for my euro (2 pin) and English (3 pin) plugs in Ayutthaya? I am hoping I will be able to find them everywhere. If not can I buy one at arrivals in the airport? Alternatively I have to buy an expensive one here in the UK. This website says they are only available in Bangkok and Chaing Mai but I'm hoping that isn't the case! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,021 times, with 8 replies. Last reply by Captain_Bob on 19/7/2013 at 02:41

Bangkok to Chiang Mai?

Posted by IndiaGabrielle on 18/7/2013 at 09:56

Hi Guys, Just wondered if I could get some suggestions on how best to travel from Bangkok to Chiang Mai? My plan is to travel BK - CM then over to Hanoi. Thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,359 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by Blackartemis on 18/7/2013 at 20:18

Krabi or Phuket - better base?

Posted by Arundhati_S on 18/7/2013 at 01:52

Our family will be in Thailand this December and in Krabi /Phuket the week before Christmas. I do understand this is an awfully touristy time and avoiding crowds is not really an option. But we have about three days there (and thankfully weekdays) - and were wondering what would be a better base - Krabi or Phuket? If that really makes a difference, that is. We will be backpacking, so cost will be a factor. Also - and this might be a really ignorant question - but are there certain beaches wher ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 15,748 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by LeonardCohen1 on 18/7/2013 at 10:18

Suvarnabhumi to Don Muang - immigrations and transfer time?

Posted by Arundhati_S on 18/7/2013 at 01:32

Our family is traveling to South East Asia this December and we land at the Suvarnabhumi airport at about 2am from India. We then have a flight to Krabi from the Don Muang airport at 6:40am. I had a couple of questions about that: 1. Is about 3 1/2 hours enough time to go through immigrations at Suvarnabhumi and travel to DMK in time to check-in? As I understand it, its more than 45kms. But I assume it should be faster at that time of night. 2. How should we travel between the two? If we tra ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,867 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by DLuek on 18/7/2013 at 04:48

where to stay in Phuket

Posted by feiticeira on 25/9/2012 at 21:31

Hello, I am a 30 yo solo female traveler looking to enjoy the nightlife scene - clubs, bars, or walking around town in Phuket in November. I am having trouble deciding where to stay while in Phuket (3 nights which seems like a lot but the first night my flight arrives at 2350 from Chiang Mai). I'll be daytripping to Phi Phi one day and doing some kayaking on another day, and then from there will travel to Krabi and onwards. I've heard Patong can be tacky and trashy depending on who's provi ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,827 times, with 15 replies. Last reply by jayjaysun on 18/7/2013 at 03:41

How is Monsun in the Andaman-sea around july and August?

Posted by catweazle on 14/7/2013 at 05:45

i travelled thailand before in aug and i know that the monsun is in bangkok about an hour rain (late afternoon, early evening) or so in aug, not really a problem. people say, that in july/aug the monsum is lighter on the gulf/samui-side than on the andaman-sea/phuket side. can anyone pass along his/her experience about the daily rain in july/aug in the phuket(andaman-sea area? thanx in advance! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,069 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by LeonardCohen1 on 17/7/2013 at 21:04

Best place to stay in Chiang Mai for a month?

Posted by Travelguy76 on 28/6/2013 at 22:50

Any advice? I'm taking a TEFL course there, and would love some recommendations....Preferably around $400, but I'd go up to $600 depending on the place and location. Thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,024 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by Blackartemis on 17/7/2013 at 21:03

Chiang Mai tours

Posted by Lazer on 16/7/2013 at 05:03

Hi people, Anyone with any experience of the usual tours in Chiang Mai know whether its better book the tours when I get there or will I need to book in advance to ensure availability? I am only there for five days so if I book when I get there it wil be only 1-2 days notice. I want to do some kayaking, Doi Inthanon and the Flight of the Gibbon. Cheers ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,338 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by Lazer on 17/7/2013 at 03:09

Thailand in September - October

Posted by korch1nat0r on 11/6/2009 at 03:57

I want to go to Thailand during the end of September and early October, for like 2-3 weeks. My question is is this a good time to go? I know its right around the start of monsoon season, and I don't want to spend my vacation days indoors. I really want to go to the islands, eat good food and relax in the sun. Anyone who has been to Thailand during this time, your help is appreciated, thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 31,016 times, with 14 replies. Last reply by aanas12 on 16/7/2013 at 23:39

Koh kood - Peter Pan december 2013

Posted by Husly on 1/7/2013 at 04:48

Hi We are a family from Denmark with two children aged 11 (boy) and 8 (Girl) coming to Koh Kood from december 19-25 2013 staying at Peter Pan resort. Guess we are just curious if other families are coming also... Kind regards Kent ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,256 times, with 21 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 15/7/2013 at 20:27

Scuba in Mid August - suggestions/ advice

Posted by coolscorpio84 on 7/7/2013 at 06:38

Hi I am planning to visit Thailand in Mid-Aug 14 - 21, mainly for scuba diving. From what I have read its better to go on the east (ko samui etc.) side rather than west (phuket)? Is it true? Anyone else planning to travel during that period? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,555 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by coolscorpio84 on 15/7/2013 at 12:12

Scuba / free divers 3wks August

Posted by SamanthaJ on 28/4/2013 at 04:11

Hi, I'm heading to Bangkok from London on 2nd August then moving onto Koh Tao for Free Diving & Scuba. Trip total for 3 weeks. Any like minded mermaids out there? 1st time solo traveller eek! Sam ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,400 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by coolscorpio84 on 15/7/2013 at 11:33

Travel buddies to travel to Thailand in July or August

Posted by asifpatel on 13/4/2013 at 12:19

Hi, I am planning to visit Thailand in mid July or august for 15 days, i am travelling alone so looking for few travel buddies to join me, plan is to form a group of 4 to 5 people, it would be fun in a group rather then travelling alone. My dates are flexible and i have not booked anything yet, I am still in the process of doing some research on what all places to visit so if any one has a plan that would be great. I have lots of travel experience visiting diversified places in India, i can ea ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,898 times, with 33 replies. Last reply by mcgemc on 14/7/2013 at 06:15

Khao Sok & Ang Thong on wet season

Posted by idit on 12/7/2013 at 21:33

Hello we will be in Thailand in the first half of September with 3 kids (4.7.11) arriving from Laos & planning to be around 2 weeks on the Islands. doubting between the area of Krabi or Phangan & Kotau ...(the weather seems to decate the second option though we prefer the first one..) Is it possible & fun... . to go to the national parks on the wet season? Stay for the night? if we wish to stay at night what is the way to get there?(all the information I found about Ang thong w ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,407 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by gregmccann1 on 14/7/2013 at 05:06

Recommended accomodation near khao san road

Posted by Hazza88 on 11/7/2013 at 06:32

Im flying into bangkok on the 21st of july and would like to book a hostel/guesthouse for the first couple of nights until i get my bearings. Im looking for somewhere a little quieter but near khao san road that will still enable me to meet people easily. Looking for somewhere that has private single rooms available and needs to have a/c! Would appreciate any recommendations that people may have ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,752 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by exacto on 13/7/2013 at 11:58

Buddhist holiday on July 23?

Posted by gregmccann1 on 12/7/2013 at 12:23

I've been told that July 23rd is a Buddhist holiday in Thailand. This also happens to be the day that I arrive in Thailand for a short (6 day) trip. I can go a day without beer, no problem (sort of), but...the FIRST DAY? No beer on my arrival day? Haven't been to Thailand in a year and I am very happy to be coming back and I wanted to celebrate. And now I hear that the sale of alcohol will be banned on that day. Are there any places that will sell it anyway? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,716 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by gregmccann1 on 13/7/2013 at 09:37

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page