Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Itinerary for North Thailand

Posted by Pocohantas on 9/6/2013 at 04:32

Hi Please can anyone advise on a route to take as I am getting confused...... I am in Chiang Mae and would like to end up in Chiang Rai. In between I would like to visit Chiang Dao, Mae Sariang, Soppong, Mae Hong Son and Phayao. Ideally I would like to take the boat trip from Thaton to Chiang Rai. Anyone got any suggestions in which order to visit these places please. I have plenty of time to spend in each place so time is not an issue. Should I do Chiang Mai to Mae Sariang via Doi Inthanon? C ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,958 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by Pocohantas on 9/6/2013 at 10:33

traveling solo for two months during July-August

Posted by ohhey on 25/5/2013 at 07:41

Hey, I'm about to travel to Thailand for two months in July; from what I have heard this isn't the best time to travel there weather-wise. I have a few questions: 1) I'm really want to experience the beach parties, is it possible during this period of time? Will there be any foreign tourists? 2) is it possible to spend two months in the beaches or should I nix some nore traveling in the county? what other countries should I visit during this time? If anyone has any suggestions and ideas I wo ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,878 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by michelled on 9/6/2013 at 04:47

Travel buddy

Posted by vinespino03 on 26/5/2013 at 05:48

Hi there. I'm looking for buddy (indo-china tours) and loking for any advice.Liested below are my itenerary for 15 days Day 1 Thailand ( Phuket ) · Elephant Show · Old Phuket Town Travel to Bangkok (4 to 6 hours) Second Class Train Day 2 (Bangkok) · Ancient Tour · Pod Fai Market · Night â€" Vertigo and Moon Bar Day 3 · Floating Market ( · River Kwai · Park Society (tentative) BURMA Day 4 · Yanghon o Swedagon ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,550 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by michelled on 9/6/2013 at 04:43

anyone going to thailand in july to mid aug- need travel companion!!!

Posted by anand26 on 1/6/2009 at 18:53

hi guys & gals i'm 26/m.i heading to thailand in july to mid aug. if anyone walk around same time just give a shout for catch up sometime for fun,adventure,drinks,dance,evenings or chat or keep in touch whatever it is!!! trust me guys all ur search ends with me... anand XXX ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,245 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by michelled on 9/6/2013 at 03:55

mae sariang to mae sot

Posted by bascanvas on 8/6/2013 at 20:16

Goodmorning, I'm looking for ways to travel from Mae Sariang to Mae Sot and so far i can onky find a songthaw that drives this route, sitting on a wooden bench down a mountain road for 7 hours would not be my first choice. Does anyone know if there are other options to drive this route? Any advise would be welcome. Regards Bas ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,342 times, with no replies.

looking for wedding-dress-tailor in bkk

Posted by Anetian on 7/6/2013 at 19:48

hi! does anybody have and suggestions/reccomendations? merci, aneta & chris ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,699 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by Captain_Bob on 8/6/2013 at 08:22

one-day scuba dive in Koh Tao without certification

Posted by FaceTheHorizon on 1/6/2013 at 16:34

Hello... I previously did a one-day scuba dive with an instructor off of Cairns at the Great Barrier Reef. This trip, I'm traveling with a friend who is PADI certified, but I don't have the time to complete the whole course, either here at home or in Thailand. So I'm looking for recommendations of good dive operators located in Koh Tao who offer one-day outings that allow me to dive in the Gulf and not just a pool. (Yes, I've done some Google-ing already; I just wanted to see what users here ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,840 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by boaby on 7/6/2013 at 17:52

4 week budget

Posted by shaungt08 on 15/5/2013 at 05:55

I will be island hopping around Koh Samui, Ko Pha Ngan and Koh Tao, between 20th August and 20th September. I am planning on taking £2000, I have no accommodation booked either will £2000 be enough for spends and accommodation combined? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,190 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by simond1 on 7/6/2013 at 04:29

Which CELTA course is the best to take in Thailand?

Posted by Travelguy76 on 5/6/2013 at 13:02

I've been doing my due diligence on CELTA courses in Thailand, but I wanted to see if anyone had a specific recommendation for one school or another. IH seems to be at the top of most lists, however, if I can't get in (due to lack of space), is there another school I should be looking to? Thanks! Brent ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,283 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by Travelguy76 on 7/6/2013 at 01:09

Thai visa waiver+travel to Cambodia

Posted by stusie94 on 6/6/2013 at 09:04

Hey guys, me and my girlfriend are planning on going to SE Asia in june/july for 38 days in total. The plan is to be in Thailand for 18 days, then travel to Cambodia for around 6 days, then be in Thailand again for the next 14 days. The problem is, as I understand it, to qualify for the visa waiver I need proof that I will be leaving Thailand within 30 days. However, we want to go to Siem Reap by bus from Bangkok (apparently there's now a direct bus route) but I can't find anywhere to book ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,878 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by stusie94 on 6/6/2013 at 13:11

Thailand Itinerary Help August 2013

Posted by Spearos on 18/5/2013 at 19:34

Hey everyone, I'm a 21 year old guy travelling solo from August 11th for 24 days (until August 3rd), and need a bit of guidance with itinerary.. I am quite flexible but I start and finish in Bangkok, and would like to go to Chiang Mai/Rai for hill tribe trek/home stay/elephant ride etc, and the islands (phuket, phi phi, krabi, koh phangan for full moon party, koh tao). Does this plan sound ok or can you suggest alternatives/tweaks: Starting in bangkok for a couple of days, getting an overnight ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,366 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by Spearos on 6/6/2013 at 08:40

Itinerary ideas

Posted by jeeeebus on 3/6/2013 at 16:55

Hi, I will be arriving at Chang Rai from Laos at the start of August and plan to make my way slowly down to Bangkok taking about three weeks. Apart from Chang Mai can anyone suggest some places that they have visited which they have found to be interesting and or fun. There are so many places to choose from any help would be appreciated. Thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,580 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by jeeeebus on 5/6/2013 at 18:32

Travel card type

Posted by shaungt08 on 3/6/2013 at 04:26

I was wondering what type of ATM card should I apply for either a Visa or MasterCard. When applying I was asked and I don't know which ATM is most popular in Thailand; prefferably Koh Samui, Koh Tao, Ko Phangnan and Bangkok. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,440 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by amnicoll on 5/6/2013 at 06:15

Which islands to choose?

Posted by Emma23 on 27/5/2013 at 03:10

After so much helpful advice last year I am back again as I will be returning to Thailand again this year but this time to visit the islands. I will be travelling end of August/beginning of September (flying into Bangkok first) and would like to know which islands are best at this time of year. I will be there for approx 10 days. In this time would it be possible to visit 2 or 3 islands at a push? It is easy to get from one island to another or does it require a lot of organising? I was thinkin ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,717 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by parker7001 on 5/6/2013 at 00:37

universal adaptor

Posted by Pocohantas on 2/6/2013 at 08:09

Hi I am in Bangkok and none of my electrical stuff from the Uk works with my universal adaptor - neither my camera battery nor my hair straighteners. I am gutted as my camera battery is low and I am only 2 days into a 3 month trip! If i am not able to charge my camera battery i am stuffed ...... Dos anyone have any suggestions please? I bought the universal adaptar here in Bangkok from a big supermarket calles something like the C and paid TBH 250. The camera charger says 100-240 V and the st ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,577 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by busylizzy on 3/6/2013 at 15:04

Thailand Options

Posted by jcs92 on 30/5/2013 at 12:04

Hi, I will be travelling around SE Asia and wasting my 30 day Thai exemption visa (UK) by going straight to Cambodia after a few days in Bangkok before heading further on the loop through Vietnam and Laos. As I am not exploring Thailand before leaving for Cambodia, I will want to do that at the end for 3 weeks. 2 weeks in the south: beaches, islands etc... and 1 week in Chang Mai before back to Bangkok for flight home. The problem is the visa as coming from Laos by land gives you only 15 days an ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,273 times, with 30 replies. Last reply by MADMAC on 3/6/2013 at 12:02

Thailand Q's - flights & misc

Posted by cspeck on 30/5/2013 at 19:10

Hi all, I'll be leaving on a solo trip to Thailand next week (3 week long trip). I'm flying into Bangkok, plan on hanging out there for 3-6 days. I don't have much of anything set in stone after that. I kind of want to meet other people and see what happens from there. I plan to fly to Chiang Mai from BKK at some point. Right now the flights are about $130+ online. I think I read somewhere that it's easy/less expensive to buy tickets there rather than ahead of time. Is there any merit to thi ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,538 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by LeonardCohen1 on 3/6/2013 at 10:52

Tattoo artists in Bangkok?

Posted by time2fly on 26/1/2012 at 12:31

Anyone have work done in Bangkok before? I am looking for somewhere clean and the price per hour? I want to have some work done while I am there.. Just curious of anyone has any experience with this? Thanks so much ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 17,207 times, with 11 replies. Last reply by Joshtoms on 2/6/2013 at 03:27

Wheel falls off Nokair plane

Posted by Xircal on 30/5/2013 at 03:10

Bangkokpost.com is reporting that a wheel fell off a Nok Air 737-800 after the aircraft landed at Mae Fah Luang airport in Chiang Rai. There were no reports of any injuries. Link to the story here: http://www.bangkokpost.com/breakingnews/352576/wheel-falls-off-nok-air-plane-landing-in-chiang-rai-all-passengers-safe. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,858 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by Xircal on 1/6/2013 at 06:30

first time gay visitor

Posted by adventure87 on 24/6/2011 at 08:56

Arriving early July, and I've never been to Bangkok before. Where do you suggest I stay? I'm thinking Silom v KSR, and just not sure. I'm planning on staying for 2-4 nights. Thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,479 times, with 10 replies. Last reply by sayadian on 30/5/2013 at 10:37

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page