Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Best place to stay in Chiang Mai for a month?

Posted by Travelguy76 on 28/6/2013 at 22:50

Any advice? I'm taking a TEFL course there, and would love some recommendations....Preferably around $400, but I'd go up to $600 depending on the place and location. Thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,054 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by Blackartemis on 17/7/2013 at 21:03

Chiang Mai tours

Posted by Lazer on 16/7/2013 at 05:03

Hi people, Anyone with any experience of the usual tours in Chiang Mai know whether its better book the tours when I get there or will I need to book in advance to ensure availability? I am only there for five days so if I book when I get there it wil be only 1-2 days notice. I want to do some kayaking, Doi Inthanon and the Flight of the Gibbon. Cheers ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,400 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by Lazer on 17/7/2013 at 03:09

Thailand in September - October

Posted by korch1nat0r on 11/6/2009 at 03:57

I want to go to Thailand during the end of September and early October, for like 2-3 weeks. My question is is this a good time to go? I know its right around the start of monsoon season, and I don't want to spend my vacation days indoors. I really want to go to the islands, eat good food and relax in the sun. Anyone who has been to Thailand during this time, your help is appreciated, thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 31,413 times, with 14 replies. Last reply by aanas12 on 16/7/2013 at 23:39

Koh kood - Peter Pan december 2013

Posted by Husly on 1/7/2013 at 04:48

Hi We are a family from Denmark with two children aged 11 (boy) and 8 (Girl) coming to Koh Kood from december 19-25 2013 staying at Peter Pan resort. Guess we are just curious if other families are coming also... Kind regards Kent ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,301 times, with 21 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 15/7/2013 at 20:27

Scuba in Mid August - suggestions/ advice

Posted by coolscorpio84 on 7/7/2013 at 06:38

Hi I am planning to visit Thailand in Mid-Aug 14 - 21, mainly for scuba diving. From what I have read its better to go on the east (ko samui etc.) side rather than west (phuket)? Is it true? Anyone else planning to travel during that period? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,583 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by coolscorpio84 on 15/7/2013 at 12:12

Scuba / free divers 3wks August

Posted by SamanthaJ on 28/4/2013 at 04:11

Hi, I'm heading to Bangkok from London on 2nd August then moving onto Koh Tao for Free Diving & Scuba. Trip total for 3 weeks. Any like minded mermaids out there? 1st time solo traveller eek! Sam ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,430 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by coolscorpio84 on 15/7/2013 at 11:33

Travel buddies to travel to Thailand in July or August

Posted by asifpatel on 13/4/2013 at 12:19

Hi, I am planning to visit Thailand in mid July or august for 15 days, i am travelling alone so looking for few travel buddies to join me, plan is to form a group of 4 to 5 people, it would be fun in a group rather then travelling alone. My dates are flexible and i have not booked anything yet, I am still in the process of doing some research on what all places to visit so if any one has a plan that would be great. I have lots of travel experience visiting diversified places in India, i can ea ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,951 times, with 33 replies. Last reply by mcgemc on 14/7/2013 at 06:15

Khao Sok & Ang Thong on wet season

Posted by idit on 12/7/2013 at 21:33

Hello we will be in Thailand in the first half of September with 3 kids (4.7.11) arriving from Laos & planning to be around 2 weeks on the Islands. doubting between the area of Krabi or Phangan & Kotau ...(the weather seems to decate the second option though we prefer the first one..) Is it possible & fun... . to go to the national parks on the wet season? Stay for the night? if we wish to stay at night what is the way to get there?(all the information I found about Ang thong w ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,433 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by gregmccann1 on 14/7/2013 at 05:06

Recommended accomodation near khao san road

Posted by Hazza88 on 11/7/2013 at 06:32

Im flying into bangkok on the 21st of july and would like to book a hostel/guesthouse for the first couple of nights until i get my bearings. Im looking for somewhere a little quieter but near khao san road that will still enable me to meet people easily. Looking for somewhere that has private single rooms available and needs to have a/c! Would appreciate any recommendations that people may have ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,788 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by exacto on 13/7/2013 at 11:58

Buddhist holiday on July 23?

Posted by gregmccann1 on 12/7/2013 at 12:23

I've been told that July 23rd is a Buddhist holiday in Thailand. This also happens to be the day that I arrive in Thailand for a short (6 day) trip. I can go a day without beer, no problem (sort of), but...the FIRST DAY? No beer on my arrival day? Haven't been to Thailand in a year and I am very happy to be coming back and I wanted to celebrate. And now I hear that the sale of alcohol will be banned on that day. Are there any places that will sell it anyway? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,742 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by gregmccann1 on 13/7/2013 at 09:37

Thailand Zoo's

Posted by shaungt08 on 1/7/2013 at 14:31

I have been reading reviews for different zoo's in the Surat Thani province and I have seen various people claiming that after you visit the zoo you will feel sad for the animals as they don't seem very happy and their cages are far too small for them, is this true? I really want to visit a zoo and have my picture taken with one of the tigers ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,770 times, with 9 replies. Last reply by altmtl on 13/7/2013 at 09:08

Re-entering Thailand after triple entry used

Posted by adammcintyre on 12/7/2013 at 02:19

Hi guys, Long time no post! I've been in Thailand quite a while now and I'm loving it I recently rented an apartment in Chiang Mai and I want to stay here for another year or so to learn Thai. My triple entry runs out in a couple Months (after extension) I plan to go to Nepal for 1 month, then re-enter Thailand on a 30 day visa and buy myself a 12 month education visa through a school. My question: Will I be able to re enter Thailand problem free after my visa has expired? If not, shou ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,613 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by adammcintyre on 13/7/2013 at 03:49

Chiang Mai

Posted by LeonardCohen1 on 9/7/2013 at 11:17

I've stayed in the old city and thought it was a little crowded and busy. I've stayed near the river and found it a bit boring. What's the area just north of the Princess Mothers Health Garden and east of the uni like? I can see a number of hotels are located there. Pingnakorn Hotel on Nimmanhemin rd soi 12 gets good reviews - what's that soi like? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,560 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by LeonardCohen1 on 12/7/2013 at 12:47

Laos to Cambodia to Thailand

Posted by nordy812 on 10/7/2013 at 20:48

Two 23 year old friends and I are looking to backpack these countries on the back-end of our trip and are looking for the smartest route we can take to hit each of the 3 countries time effectively. We have a little more than 3 weeks and are flying home from Bangkok. We are struggling with chose a route out of Vientiane to see as much of Laos and Thailand as we can, but also hit Siem Reap for Angor Wat. Should we go thru Northern Thailand to Bangkok and do a trip to Siem Reap from there? Or ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,336 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by chinarocks on 11/7/2013 at 10:09

Where to sleep in Bangkok

Posted by diee on 9/7/2013 at 10:58

HellO, I will spend 3 nights in Bangkok to visit it. Which could be the best area to stay for visiting the city? I've read that is nice to a view over the river too.. Thanks. daniele ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,928 times, with 9 replies. Last reply by diee on 11/7/2013 at 08:59

Staying in a large group in phuket

Posted by jazzzax22 on 16/4/2013 at 07:42

Hi, i'm looking at staying in phuket near patong (we are all 18-19 and want to be near the night life). There is about 20 of us and want to all stay somewhere that we can stay together if not in large groups and near by (hotel/apartments/anyhwere). Help would be greatly appreciated. Also how do we get to koh samui and how much would it cost roughly from phuket? THanks a lot ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,683 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by rahadalex on 11/7/2013 at 07:26

Walking around at night in Bangkok

Posted by Loretta on 7/6/2009 at 15:47

Wondering if someone could give me some advice as to how safe Bangkok is at night for woman to walk around by themselves. I was planning on staying near or around Koh San Road but have discovered a great place which is located in Sukhumvit which looks like a 10min walk to Koh San Road from the map I was looking at. The other option I was thinking would be tuk tuk's? Look forward to any feedback. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 10,518 times, with 19 replies. Last reply by rahadalex on 11/7/2013 at 07:06

Hellfire Pass to Nam Tok Station, Kanchanaburi

Posted by Lazer on 10/7/2013 at 05:27

Hi all, I will be in Kanchanaburi in August for three days. On the last day I plan to visit Hellfire Pass museum and trail, then make my way to Nam Tok for the 12:55 train all the way to Bangkok. Does anyone have any advice on the best way to get to Hellfire and then on to Nam Tok? Money is not so much an issue so would be happy to get taxis if there are taxis waiting at Hellfire Pass, or are there other alternatives? Also, how reliable is the train in terms of time. Reason I ask is its sch ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 6,866 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by DLuek on 10/7/2013 at 23:04

Arriving in Bangkok around 10:30pm..too late to check in anywhere?

Posted by Travelguy76 on 30/6/2013 at 00:38

Hey folks...how late can I check into hostels or hotels in bangkok? I probably won't be walking out of the airport until 11:30 or midnight....should I just wander around all night, or are late night check-ins pretty normal? Any recommendations on where to stay? Budget is anywhere from hostel prices to $75 a night. Thanks. Brent ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 8,005 times, with 20 replies. Last reply by LeonardCohen1 on 9/7/2013 at 09:23

Skype on A380 Singapore airlines?

Posted by NowhereMan on 8/7/2013 at 23:11

Does anyone know if it's possible to use Skype via the inflight Internet on a Singapore Air A380? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,434 times, with no replies.

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page