Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Staying In Phuket for 1 month

Posted by brittanylee on 16/1/2011 at 09:27

I have recently been to Thailand and stayed in Chang Mai then Phuket. Loved every minute of it and really wanting to go back. I was wondering what need to do to be able to stay for that long and stuff? cheers ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,657 times, with 9 replies. Last reply by Maryanne on 19/6/2013 at 05:40

tips for traveling with a large group? (7 people)

Posted by GrAub on 9/6/2013 at 10:53

I lived in Bangkok and traveled all over SEA from 2010-2012. Typically I traveled alone or with just one or two companions. Now I am bringing my whole family (7 in the group, including myself) to Thailand for 2 weeks in July. We will be staying in Bangkok at the beginning of the trip, then going to Kanchanaburi for a long weekend, and finishing up with a few days at Railay. I know these places well, but I am more concerned about how to manage a group that large. (Like I said, I've traveled alo ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,938 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by Maryanne on 19/6/2013 at 05:33

Can anyone recommend central Phi Phi hotels with aircon minus bedbugs?

Posted by rledez1990 on 11/6/2013 at 04:16

We stayed in Marine House a couple of years ago... Apparently this was before the bed bugs took over but we still had the nasty problem of rats running around in the ceiling above our heads, cockroaches everywhere, that eggy water smell and a very rude woman on the desk. The location of the place was ideal, and the price (700b per night around May/June) was what we were looking for too. Does anyone have experience of GOOD AND CLEAN hotels in the village with aircon? We dont mind paying a bit m ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,235 times, with 9 replies. Last reply by lanathai on 17/6/2013 at 08:37

New bridge Chiang Khong - Huay Xai

Posted by Captain_Bob on 17/6/2013 at 06:00

I knew I should have bought that plot of land in Chiang Khong back in 1994 when funding for the bridge was first announced. Then the Asian economic crisis hit in '97 and the baht plummeted and the bridge project was shelved. Now nearly 20 years later it's just about finished and will open "later" this year. How will it affect the local economy and tourism? Since the bridge is actually about 10 km away from the two towns will they benefit or suffer as a result? Will those "slow b ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,643 times, with no replies.

Elephant Tower, Bangkok, Thailand

Posted by hainamflp on 24/4/2013 at 02:35

Elephant Tower, Bangkok, Thailand Height: 102 meters Cost to build: NA Completion date: 1997 Fast fact: The building contains a swimming pool. If there's one thing besides a smile that can represent Thai people, it's elephants. From pretty much anywhere in this dusty district in northern Bangkok, you can catch a glimpse of this 102-meter-high jumbo building, with its eyes and tusks towering above a busy junction. As well as highlighting the importance of elephants in Thai culture an ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,671 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by BuildingMyBento on 15/6/2013 at 23:18

Mae Chan

Posted by Pocohantas on 11/6/2013 at 08:23

Hi Has anyone been to Mae Chan? Is it worth visiting? I can't find any info on it.... Many thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,915 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by Pocohantas on 15/6/2013 at 11:09

Tipping

Posted by jbarney on 12/11/2012 at 08:26

What is the tipping foe-paw while traveling in Vietnam, Thailand, Cambodia and Laos? I'm in the tipping industry in America and not sure if you tip or not in Asia? And if so how much???? Input wound be very appreciate! Thank you, Jenia ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,602 times, with 34 replies. Last reply by faygdknight on 15/6/2013 at 04:00

Dengue Fever outbreak

Posted by sassafrass on 9/6/2013 at 10:13

Hello, I have been following the news as we are going to be in Thailand (and Cambodia) in one week. Myself and 13 year old daughter. The mass outbreak (is it really mass?) has me a little on edge and I really just want to enjoy our trip without feeling paranoid. We are going to Chiang Mai while we are there and I have read that it is the worst up there. We are both very healthy, taking herbal supplements to boost our immune systems currently and I will be taking a whole lot with us. How ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,518 times, with 34 replies. Last reply by litingtingsmile on 13/6/2013 at 21:48

Concerts in thailand or nearby his summer?

Posted by Travelguy76 on 11/6/2013 at 02:05

Anyone know of any major concerts coming to the bangkok area this summer? I was thinking of heading to Hong Kong August 12th-16th, to catch Smashing Pumpkins and Linkin Park at the Asiaworld Expo...I know ( or knew way back in high school), a couple guys from Linkin Park, maybe I can get us free tix and passes. Airfare is relatively cheap, but if a few of us got together and split a room, it's totally doable. Ideas? Thoughts? Brent ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 7,872 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by LeonardCohen1 on 11/6/2013 at 22:05

Thailand&Cambodia trip (non-tourist spots)

Posted by lucija on 11/6/2013 at 14:42

Hello! Me and my friend are planning a trip around Thailand and Cambodia (3th ofJuly - 5th of August). Our plan is first to stay in BKK for about a week and after that spend about 1 week in Northern Thailand, 1 week in Southern Thailandand 1 week in Cambodia. And here's the plan. In our first week in BKK and its neighbourhood we would check outtiger's temple (Kanchanaburi) and Erawan's waterfalls. Is it better to take an organised daily trip orto go alone? What else would be worth seeing on the ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,237 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by LeonardCohen1 on 11/6/2013 at 21:54

Visa Extension

Posted by tuck60 on 10/6/2013 at 04:49

Hi All, In India at the moment but heading over to Thailand in around 10 days. Does anyone know if it is possible to extend the 30 day visa upon arrival or whilst in the country. I read that you could by 7 or 15 days but just wanted to check. Cheers ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,545 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by Captain_Bob on 11/6/2013 at 02:54

Bangkok to Chiang Rai and everything in between

Posted by misstahlia on 5/6/2013 at 10:19

Hi everyone I am travelling from Bangkok and making way to Chiang Rai . I am wanting to make a few stops along the way and it looks something like this: * Bangkok (3 nights) * Ayutthaya (2 nights) * Sukhothai (2 nights) * Chiang Mai (3-4 nights) * Chiang Rai (2-3 nights) I was originally going to stop in Lampang for a few nights but I think I may just do a day trip from Chiang Mai instead. My interest in Lampang is the Elephant conservation centre. I am on a budget, so will only be vis ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,201 times, with 10 replies. Last reply by misstahlia on 10/6/2013 at 07:38

Itinerary Help

Posted by cardkleener on 4/6/2013 at 11:32

Hello All: I will be travelling to Thailand in Sept/13 I will fly into Bangkok and want to to go Burriram and Korat. I need to know which place first in order of distance. Furthest away first then make my way back to Bangkok. I am also looking at travel options. Plane versus bus, rail. I kind of had my heart set on plane but I can't seem to find an airport in Korat. So I might be better taking a bus. I am looking forward to your input. I've been to Bangkok before so I won't be spending much ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,560 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by cardkleener on 9/6/2013 at 16:43

Itinerary for North Thailand

Posted by Pocohantas on 9/6/2013 at 04:32

Hi Please can anyone advise on a route to take as I am getting confused...... I am in Chiang Mae and would like to end up in Chiang Rai. In between I would like to visit Chiang Dao, Mae Sariang, Soppong, Mae Hong Son and Phayao. Ideally I would like to take the boat trip from Thaton to Chiang Rai. Anyone got any suggestions in which order to visit these places please. I have plenty of time to spend in each place so time is not an issue. Should I do Chiang Mai to Mae Sariang via Doi Inthanon? C ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,967 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by Pocohantas on 9/6/2013 at 10:33

traveling solo for two months during July-August

Posted by ohhey on 25/5/2013 at 07:41

Hey, I'm about to travel to Thailand for two months in July; from what I have heard this isn't the best time to travel there weather-wise. I have a few questions: 1) I'm really want to experience the beach parties, is it possible during this period of time? Will there be any foreign tourists? 2) is it possible to spend two months in the beaches or should I nix some nore traveling in the county? what other countries should I visit during this time? If anyone has any suggestions and ideas I wo ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,884 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by michelled on 9/6/2013 at 04:47

Travel buddy

Posted by vinespino03 on 26/5/2013 at 05:48

Hi there. I'm looking for buddy (indo-china tours) and loking for any advice.Liested below are my itenerary for 15 days Day 1 Thailand ( Phuket ) · Elephant Show · Old Phuket Town Travel to Bangkok (4 to 6 hours) Second Class Train Day 2 (Bangkok) · Ancient Tour · Pod Fai Market · Night â€" Vertigo and Moon Bar Day 3 · Floating Market ( · River Kwai · Park Society (tentative) BURMA Day 4 · Yanghon o Swedagon ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,562 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by michelled on 9/6/2013 at 04:43

anyone going to thailand in july to mid aug- need travel companion!!!

Posted by anand26 on 1/6/2009 at 18:53

hi guys & gals i'm 26/m.i heading to thailand in july to mid aug. if anyone walk around same time just give a shout for catch up sometime for fun,adventure,drinks,dance,evenings or chat or keep in touch whatever it is!!! trust me guys all ur search ends with me... anand XXX ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,257 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by michelled on 9/6/2013 at 03:55

mae sariang to mae sot

Posted by bascanvas on 8/6/2013 at 20:16

Goodmorning, I'm looking for ways to travel from Mae Sariang to Mae Sot and so far i can onky find a songthaw that drives this route, sitting on a wooden bench down a mountain road for 7 hours would not be my first choice. Does anyone know if there are other options to drive this route? Any advise would be welcome. Regards Bas ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,357 times, with no replies.

looking for wedding-dress-tailor in bkk

Posted by Anetian on 7/6/2013 at 19:48

hi! does anybody have and suggestions/reccomendations? merci, aneta & chris ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,708 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by Captain_Bob on 8/6/2013 at 08:22

one-day scuba dive in Koh Tao without certification

Posted by FaceTheHorizon on 1/6/2013 at 16:34

Hello... I previously did a one-day scuba dive with an instructor off of Cairns at the Great Barrier Reef. This trip, I'm traveling with a friend who is PADI certified, but I don't have the time to complete the whole course, either here at home or in Thailand. So I'm looking for recommendations of good dive operators located in Koh Tao who offer one-day outings that allow me to dive in the Gulf and not just a pool. (Yes, I've done some Google-ing already; I just wanted to see what users here ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,931 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by boaby on 7/6/2013 at 17:52

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page