Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Honeymoon in April

Posted by Huskybabe on 19/5/2013 at 10:49

Hi there! Does anyone have any suggestions on Honeymooning in Thailand in April? We are looking for peace and quiet and being spoilt in low rise individual accommodation. The weather is very confusing on various sites, but having been to Maldives at the beginning of rainy season I'm assuming its the half hour torrential downpour then back to glorious sunshine afterwards??!! We would like SOME kind of local life with restaurants & bars etc around us to escape the hotel but not really party an ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,588 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by Huskybabe on 25/5/2013 at 11:00

online train ticket booking

Posted by alex82 on 23/5/2013 at 10:57

Hello, We are going next week to Thailand and are planning to make a round in southeast Asia for 3 months without prefixed date, and his is why we don't have a ticket back to the original destination (Beirut). But we have been told by the Thais embassy, the travel company and many people (and we have been reading on the net) that there are chances they won't let us in Thailand without an onward ticket. So we thought we buy a train or bus ticket to any neighboring country. But we cannot seem to f ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,780 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by Captain_Bob on 25/5/2013 at 00:10

14 days in Thailand with six month old; Bangkok, Beach, something else and FOOD!

Posted by orejas on 16/5/2013 at 10:00

As I'm absolutely, brand spanking new on this forum, let me shortly introduce myself. Hi! I'm a 30something year old, with girlfriend and a six month old daughter. I've travelled around a bit in recent years. Absolute favorite? Isla de Ometepe in Nicaragua. Easily. Cheapest (and scariest) hotel? $3 (US) for a double with aircon in La Ceiba, Honduras. Most relaxing? A beachfront bungalow on Lombok or farm stay in Tuscany. Now that we intimately know one another, I would love to get your help on s ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,309 times, with 12 replies. Last reply by orejas on 24/5/2013 at 04:37

Getting from Chiang Mai to Siem Reap.

Posted by Arikara1985 on 22/5/2013 at 23:18

Ok, so the whole visa thing got me worried a bit because I am going for 35 days. I was thinking of trying to get a cheap flight to Cambodia for that part (I'll come back with 15 days left in my trip). I was hoping to get something cheap and that would save me the most amount of time. Was hoping I could get to Siem Reap from Chiang Mai. Any suggestions? Thanks. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,004 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by Arikara1985 on 23/5/2013 at 21:16

Koh Samui and Koh Tao trips

Posted by shaungt08 on 20/5/2013 at 03:37

Just wondering how much the average trip is in Koh Samui and Koh Tao. i.e. jungle trekking and elephant rides etc. any help would be appreciated ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,139 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by LeonardCohen1 on 23/5/2013 at 10:41

First time in Thailand

Posted by deanna1990 on 17/5/2013 at 14:13

Im a 23 year old English female traveling Thailand for the first time in December this year, I will be going for 3 months and traveling solo. Can anyone tell me a first hostel to stay at when I arrive in Bangkok and other information or advice would be extremely appreciated because I am a little nervous on what to expect. Thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,952 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by RichardKay on 22/5/2013 at 20:57

Thailand in January with baby

Posted by Architeuthis on 12/10/2011 at 21:18

Hello fellow fishies... Me and my girlfriend will spend the whole January 2012 in Thailand. We will be travelling with our 7 month old son. It will be our 4th time in Thailand, but the first with the little bugger. As fixed point during our travels will be Bangkok, (for arrival and adjusting to the climate, 3-4 days perhaps) Ayutthaya (for some temple visits) and then south to Khao lak for some divetrips and beautiful sunsets. We are planning to take the plane home from Phuket. There is still ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,786 times, with 12 replies. Last reply by mikefly on 22/5/2013 at 12:56

Chumphon hotel and train

Posted by LeonardCohen1 on 20/5/2013 at 08:08

Looking for a hotel in the 1000-1500 baht range and also I read that it pays to buy a train ticket in advance to secure a good seat. Should we buy from the train station the day before or another way? We would be heading north to Prachuap afterwards. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,901 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by amnicoll on 21/5/2013 at 05:36

Visa?

Posted by scandiphile on 19/5/2013 at 16:28

Hey guys, I just want to clear up a visa question I have about Thailand. I'm flying into Bangkok on June 13 and will spend 2.5-3 weeks in Thailand, but will then go to Cambodia for 2 months. I'll then return to Thailand to fly out of BKK on September 11. Considering I won't actually be in Thailand over 30 days, but my flight makes it appear that way, do I need to get Thai tourist visa? I'd prefer to take a bus to Phnom Penh, so I don't want to have to buy an onward flight to Cambodia to prove th ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,543 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by scandiphile on 20/5/2013 at 12:28

Travelling to BKK from SIN

Posted by Silogan_n_riky on 18/5/2013 at 08:06

Anybody going to bangkok this 5/24 from Singapore? Can anybody recommend a good guesthouse? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,236 times, with no replies.

Slightly nervous solo 25yr m thailand 2014

Posted by Zakpriestley on 10/5/2013 at 01:45

Hi guys ive posted before but like an idiot wrote the wrong dates(not a good start) I will be flying to thailand feb 2014 all alone to get away from life and have an adventure,I have a few rough plans but nothing set in stone. The bit I'm worried is gettin of the plane and feeling totally alone!!! Is anyone flyin at the same time and happy to meet for a drink whilst we/I get my bearings and maybe travel abit if are plans match?or can someone recommend where I can meet like minded people in Bangk ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,625 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by Osho on 18/5/2013 at 04:30

Thailand Island Splurge

Posted by mcshapir520 on 17/5/2013 at 03:14

Hey Everyone, My wife and I have been backpacking around Southeast Asia for the past four months and next month we will meet up with my parents in Thailand for one month. We are looking for an island resort to splurge on for a few nights at the end of June for my mom's birthday. I am thinking somewhere on the Gulf coast for weather reasons. Any good value splurge-worthy places in the $100-$150 range? Bonus points if there is a room/villa/bungalow that can fit all four of us! Thanks in advanc ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,287 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by LeonardCohen1 on 17/5/2013 at 13:17

Travel buddy aug 3-23rd

Posted by SamanthaJ on 15/5/2013 at 13:25

Hi, I'm a solo traveller heading from London to Bangkok on 2nd aug, anyone heading/arriving around that date? I'm looking to move onto koh Tao but was planing to spend a night or 2 in Bangkok first. If anyone is around on them dates then let me know Sam ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,449 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by SamanthaJ on 16/5/2013 at 04:28

Book for Koh Tao or not?

Posted by shaungt08 on 15/5/2013 at 04:10

Hi, I will be island hopping around Koh Samui, Koh Pha ngan and Ko Tao, between 20th August until 20th September. Would you advise me to book hotels in any of the places as it is the time many families go on summer holidays or will I be okay to turn up without any accommodation? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,821 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by tezza on 16/5/2013 at 02:50

Samui - Phi Phi

Posted by gregreg_123 on 15/5/2013 at 07:14

Hi Guys, I can't find a website with up-to-date timings so was wondering if you could help. We are wanting to go from Samui to Phi Phi on the same day (last time I went, we missed the ferry to Phi Phi and stayed in Krabi for the night). This trip is time-pressured for the island part as 2 of us have already done them. If anyone has times of when we would need to leave Samui and the timings of the ferries to Phi Phi then that would help a great deal. Thanks. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,527 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by tezza on 16/5/2013 at 02:37

Good hotel/hostel

Posted by krystalt on 13/5/2013 at 08:26

I'm a college student travelling solo to Asia I will be in Cambodia for some time after I will be traveling to Loas, Luang Prabang and Chaing Mai, Thailand. I'm looking for cheap accommodation where it's a very social place, I'm a 20 year old college student. I want to stay at a place where it's not really family orientated. I also don't really don't care for things such luxurious hotel, Just one where it's I would meet new people, where it's really a sociable place. Any suggestions ? Thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,615 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by krystalt on 15/5/2013 at 14:43

Thailand independently

Posted by traveller2000 on 15/5/2013 at 07:08

As now we are working on mobile application "Thailand Tourguide" for Android (more information in Google store), we are interested in tourists' comments and reviews. Please, tell what options will be useful in such an app and what information would you like to see there. Thank you for your answers. And of course you may ask questions about the application. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,382 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by LeonardCohen1 on 15/5/2013 at 10:29

Hair Extensions in Bangkok - Ladies Question!

Posted by drewebear on 15/5/2013 at 08:02

Hi All, I'll be landing in Bangkok at the start of December for a 2 month trip around Thailand and I'm very keen to get my hair done as soon as I arrive. I'd like to get hair extensions and maybe even permanentanly straighten my hair but I can't seem to find any recommendations anywhere.. Has anyone had any experience of the above? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 8,199 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by MADMAC on 15/5/2013 at 10:03

Is there anywhere else in Thailand like Koh Tao?

Posted by liskaw123 on 13/5/2013 at 16:01

Hi, we are a couple in our late twenties going to Vietnam and Cambodia for 6 nights each and wanted a 8 night Thailand beach break at the end (28th Nov - 6th Dec). After investigating we had our hearts set on Koh Tao but it seems this will be the worst possible time for weather so I am gutted! Is there anywhere else like it that we could go to as an alternative? We want somewhere with a good choice of local restaurants and chilled beach bars (love bean bags on the beach like Bali) that we can si ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,193 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by JaiYen88 on 14/5/2013 at 20:45

Alternative beach resort to Hua Hin

Posted by FrenchArt on 12/5/2013 at 11:35

We have been to Hua Hin several times and really like it for many reasons - reasonable prices, compact, lots of restaurants and even a couple of Irish pubs, nice beaches with cafes with lots of shade right on the beach, shops to wander around and a few places to visit. BUT - we would now like a change and would like to stay somewhere else for a couple of weeks after 2 weeks intensive sight-seeing (in Burma this time). Can anyone suggest any good alternatives in Thailand with similar facilities ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,770 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by LeonardCohen1 on 14/5/2013 at 18:51

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page