Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Pullman Hotel in Khon Kaen

Posted by MADMAC on 13/4/2012 at 06:43

I stayed there for two nights earlier this week. Excellent place, and decent value for the money. It was 2,700 baht a night, but with that you got a coupon worth 550 baht for dinner, another coupon for a massage (and it was REALLY top end), another coupon for a free pitcher of beer and another coupon for a drink of your choice at the lobby bar. The hotel pool was good - my daughter loved it. It's centrally located right in the middle of the city, with lots of nightlife and restaraunts all around ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,135 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by adhneywilson on 25/6/2013 at 23:45

lao cosulate in khon kaen

Posted by topogene on 24/6/2013 at 00:50

24 6 2013 Khon kaen The new location of the lao consulate here in k k is on the main road north to udon about 1 k north of the new tesco/locust, the consulate is on the east side of the road, opposite Raja City, with big walls outside and a large lao flag inside. You can take the # 4, dark green, sontell from the non a/c bus station, 10 Bt. For the US its was 1600 Bt for a one month visa return in about one hour or less. Have a good trip TopoGene ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,969 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by LeonardCohen1 on 25/6/2013 at 23:18

SEE TEFL July29th?

Posted by Travelguy76 on 25/6/2013 at 23:15

Anyone else out there doing the SEE TEFL course in Chiang Mai starting July 29th? Let me know, I'd love to hear from you! Brent ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,211 times, with no replies.

Talad Rot Fai (the Railway Market) Shut Down

Posted by chopin on 9/6/2013 at 08:31

I heard from a friend who is currently in Thailand that Talad Rot Fai (the Railway Market) in Bangkok has been closed down recently, the stalls are relocated to Srinakharin. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 6,415 times, with 16 replies. Last reply by fondo on 25/6/2013 at 20:18

North East Thailand Questions

Posted by heleni on 25/6/2013 at 02:55

I'm retracing my footsteps of 21 years ago when I went to Nan (via Phrae ) and then on to Nong Khai . I originally went to Nan to see the Sao Din canyon but think I actually saw Phae Muang Phi ... but it was amazing. I originally went for 3 days but stayed for 3 weeks. Questions; 1. I'm coming up from Sukhothai ... is Lampang a nice diversion for a few days before I head to Nan? It looks interesting with some Burmese temples and bike riding. From there I would go to Nan (probably via Phrae ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,649 times, with 8 replies. Last reply by heleni on 25/6/2013 at 12:06

Sleepless in Thong Nai Pan Yai

Posted by thaibeachlovers on 26/5/2006 at 07:48

Just came back from a ( shortened ) visit to Thong Nai Pan Yai on Kho Phangan, and I am warning anyone thinking they can have a peaceful, relaxing visit at that beach, that they will be sadly disappointed. Don't be fooled by the publicity blurb. For several nights a "disco" bar in the middle of the beach was playing music so loudly till 3am that I couldn't sleep, even with earplugs. After that, the inconsiderate people in nearby huts playing loud music, followed by the yahoos returning in a drun ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,129 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by LeonardCohen1 on 25/6/2013 at 05:16

Hello Everyone

Posted by thailandhotelde on 24/6/2013 at 02:55

Hi, I am Mirrin Rose coming from Singapore. I am coming here for get useful travel and hotel information's. Because i going to all places to develop my business. So i need your useful guide to me.... Thanks Mirrin Rose ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,305 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by LeonardCohen1 on 25/6/2013 at 05:14

Ban Krut

Posted by sayadian on 25/6/2013 at 00:17

My wife and I have decided to go to Ban Krut for a couple of weeks. We made the decision on Ban Krut because of what we've read so far on Travelfish and because we've never been there so it will be somewhere fresh for us. We're not to bothered about accommodation other than it being clean, having a fan and being reasonably close to the beach. We are not much into nightlife and prefer somewhere quiet. We do, however, want somewhere with easy access to restaurants and even street food. We want r ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,502 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by LeonardCohen1 on 25/6/2013 at 05:11

recommend accommodation in Bangkok

Posted by johancp on 19/3/2013 at 03:59

Hello everyone. I'm flying to Bangkok this Friday and will be in Bangkok Saturday morning. I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good place to stay. not too expensive and a place to meet other people would be nice, though i would like my own room for at least the first couple of nights. I'm a 20 year old guy who will be solo-backpacking in SE Asia for 2-3 months. PS. Do i need to book in advance? Thanks in advance. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,796 times, with 44 replies. Last reply by MADMAC on 25/6/2013 at 00:32

Time allowance Kanchanaburi to Bkk airport

Posted by lavalette on 22/6/2013 at 04:30

Hi guys, Still toying with my itinerary. So if I want to leave Kan by bus and catch a same day flight to Chaing Mai (if it's doable), how much time shall I allow to make it to the airport. Thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,100 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by captainbkk on 22/6/2013 at 05:18

Doi Inthanon, Mae Sariang and the rest ...

Posted by fondo on 22/5/2013 at 02:08

So, as they say they days, a three week window has suddenly opened to allow a visit to LOS. I'm planning to hire a car and use eight days of that time to drive out of Chiang Mai in a MHS loopish sort of fashion. This drive will happen early-mid June. For some reason, I fancy clockwise, maybe because I'm staying in Hang Dong for a couple of days beforehand so I'm on the way already (I think). CM to Mae Sariang via Doi Inthanon doesn't look like a problem in a day, but a night in Mae Ch ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,746 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by bluekiwi on 21/6/2013 at 23:56

Phuket or Koh Samui & Phangan in July 2013

Posted by mink5 on 17/6/2013 at 03:59

Hi there, I am planning 10 days trip (6-14 July 2013) to Thai with 2 male friends. I am looking for relaxing beaches during day and crazy party environment during night. Should I break my trip between Phuket , Koh Samui and Koh Phangan? Like spending 2 nights on each island? or Should I skip Phuket and spend maximum time on Samui and Phangan Islands? I understand rain will also be a problem in Phuket during July. Looking forward to your advice to plan a perfect trip. Cheers, Minks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,939 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by bluekiwi on 21/6/2013 at 22:39

Excellent place to stay in Chiang Kong!

Posted by Pocohantas on 20/6/2013 at 08:19

The Funky Box hostel is a super place to stay. I can not rate it enough! It is clean and friendly and modern and excellent value for money, only 100 bht per night, by far the best place I have stayed in Thailand and the cheapest. The bedding is pristine, you have access to computers, lockers, a bar and bikes. Alan and his wife May are so friendly and helpful. Alan is a world record holder for circumventing the globe by bike in the quickest time. There is also a free bike museum. The attention ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,495 times, with no replies.

Do I qualify for a 30 day visa exemption?

Posted by klb5050 on 18/6/2013 at 07:17

I fly into Bangkok on October 16th. I have a flight home from Krabi to Australia on December 10th. I intend to travel through Northern Thailand and in and out of Laos between October 16th and November 26th. I intend to spend November 26th to December 10th in Southern Thailand. I would be travelling overland between Thailand and Laos, and therefore would be valid for the 15 day visa exemption on the second leg of my Thailand journey. However, would I be eligible for the 30 day visa exemption in ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,296 times, with 8 replies. Last reply by DLuek on 19/6/2013 at 08:55

Staying In Phuket for 1 month

Posted by brittanylee on 16/1/2011 at 09:27

I have recently been to Thailand and stayed in Chang Mai then Phuket. Loved every minute of it and really wanting to go back. I was wondering what need to do to be able to stay for that long and stuff? cheers ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,788 times, with 9 replies. Last reply by Maryanne on 19/6/2013 at 05:40

tips for traveling with a large group? (7 people)

Posted by GrAub on 9/6/2013 at 10:53

I lived in Bangkok and traveled all over SEA from 2010-2012. Typically I traveled alone or with just one or two companions. Now I am bringing my whole family (7 in the group, including myself) to Thailand for 2 weeks in July. We will be staying in Bangkok at the beginning of the trip, then going to Kanchanaburi for a long weekend, and finishing up with a few days at Railay. I know these places well, but I am more concerned about how to manage a group that large. (Like I said, I've traveled alo ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,974 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by Maryanne on 19/6/2013 at 05:33

Can anyone recommend central Phi Phi hotels with aircon minus bedbugs?

Posted by rledez1990 on 11/6/2013 at 04:16

We stayed in Marine House a couple of years ago... Apparently this was before the bed bugs took over but we still had the nasty problem of rats running around in the ceiling above our heads, cockroaches everywhere, that eggy water smell and a very rude woman on the desk. The location of the place was ideal, and the price (700b per night around May/June) was what we were looking for too. Does anyone have experience of GOOD AND CLEAN hotels in the village with aircon? We dont mind paying a bit m ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,272 times, with 9 replies. Last reply by lanathai on 17/6/2013 at 08:37

New bridge Chiang Khong - Huay Xai

Posted by Captain_Bob on 17/6/2013 at 06:00

I knew I should have bought that plot of land in Chiang Khong back in 1994 when funding for the bridge was first announced. Then the Asian economic crisis hit in '97 and the baht plummeted and the bridge project was shelved. Now nearly 20 years later it's just about finished and will open "later" this year. How will it affect the local economy and tourism? Since the bridge is actually about 10 km away from the two towns will they benefit or suffer as a result? Will those "slow b ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,664 times, with no replies.

Elephant Tower, Bangkok, Thailand

Posted by hainamflp on 24/4/2013 at 02:35

Elephant Tower, Bangkok, Thailand Height: 102 meters Cost to build: NA Completion date: 1997 Fast fact: The building contains a swimming pool. If there's one thing besides a smile that can represent Thai people, it's elephants. From pretty much anywhere in this dusty district in northern Bangkok, you can catch a glimpse of this 102-meter-high jumbo building, with its eyes and tusks towering above a busy junction. As well as highlighting the importance of elephants in Thai culture an ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,733 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by BuildingMyBento on 15/6/2013 at 23:18

Mae Chan

Posted by Pocohantas on 11/6/2013 at 08:23

Hi Has anyone been to Mae Chan? Is it worth visiting? I can't find any info on it.... Many thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,974 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by Pocohantas on 15/6/2013 at 11:09

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page