Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Which hotel closest to Bangkok's train station would you recommend?

Posted by TravelAddictBaby on 13/3/2010 at 15:59

Good day all, I'll be staying in Bangkok (on this particular trip) for one night only. Arriving in by the airport and will be getting the train to Surat Thani very early the next day. Would be handy to stay close (if not next) to the Train Station. If there's a hotel you'd recommend, I'd be delighted to hear your choice and why. Thank you, Your World Friend, The Brit :) ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,953 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by mullup on 13/3/2010 at 17:57

Book your Thailand travel tickets online
  Buy train, bus and ferry tickets online.

Ko Chang to Sihanoukville?

Posted by akhut on 15/2/2007 at 05:17

Tips on the easiest way to get from Ko Chang or Trat to Sihanoukville?? I think that there is a border crossing area at Hat Lek. So would the easiest by be by land from Trat to Hat Lek? Or is there a way by boat from Ko Chang to Sihanoukville? Any advice or help would be much appreciated! Thank you!! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 24,235 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by sayadian on 13/3/2010 at 13:00

First time travellers! 10 week trip Thailand>Malaysia>Singapore

Posted by rledez1990 on 12/3/2010 at 19:28

Myself and my boyfriend are flying into Bangkok on 1st May and flying out of Singapore on 10th July. I've been trying to put together a rough itinerary but i'm struggling as i've never been to s.e. asia before. The (very rough) plan that i do have is this, and not necessarily in this order: 1)Stay in Bangkok for a few days 2)Travel to the North around Chiang Mai 3)Travel down to the islands- maybe visit some on the Andaman coast if the rainy season permits, otherwise stick to islands on th ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,923 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 13/3/2010 at 08:40

Thailand/SE Asia in April

Posted by spearx on 12/3/2010 at 04:16

Hey all, I feel like I made a mistake and booked a trip to Bangkok from April 6 to May 6. After doing some research, I see that SE Asia can be brutally hot during this period. Not only this, some of the areas in Northern Thailand aren't as beautiful as they are during other seasons. My wife and I have the time to travel pretty much anywhere in SE Asia from Bangkok. We love the outdoors and the experience of natural beauty and culture. Any suggestions on where to go to avoid the heat? i.e. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,282 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by Lother on 13/3/2010 at 02:46

Which SEA route to take???

Posted by scatterbra on 12/3/2010 at 02:25

I’m arriving to Bangkok on March 18th and will spend about a week or so here mainly to get used to the climate (First time in SEA). I’m planning on visiting Cambodia, Vietnam and Laos for as long as each visa allows and travelling throughout each country. My problem is that I’m not sure which route to take, so advice would be much appreciated and taken on board. Right now I’m leaning towards (Option 1) Bangkok to Chang Mai to Laos to Vietnam to Cambodia. The 2nd option is Bangkok to C ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,719 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by SpenceH on 12/3/2010 at 23:12

Traveling from Chiang Rai to Chiang Mai

Posted by garthibiza on 12/3/2010 at 21:59

We were traveling from chiang Rai to Chiang Mai, on road #118, looking for a guest house, though none listed in the guides. Found Rabiangdoi, in Wiang Pa Pao, run by the Moo, and his family. Excellent accomodation, quiet, with hot showers. If you want more info, Email: rabiangdoi_winai@hotmail.com Happy Trails.... garthibiza. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,352 times, with no replies.

Ferry companies - do any of them speak in English?

Posted by TravelAddictBaby on 8/3/2010 at 16:00

I'm planning on travelling from Bangkok to Koh Phangan by day (to see the sights) and by train. This is the easy part. From there I am unclear as to what I can do next, after I arrive in Surat Thani, to get to my island before nightfall. If you have any ideas then please read on. I believe there are 4 ferry companies that operate these islands (Raja, Seatran, etc.) Most of them run a last trip to Koh Phangan by 16:30 (which I will miss) and most of them don't speak sufficient English for me t ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,817 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by TravelAddictBaby on 12/3/2010 at 15:46

Crappy customer service in thailand

Posted by pspoulin on 18/1/2010 at 18:52

Ive been in Thailand for 2 weeks now and ive traveled mostly in these islands: ko samui, ko phagnan, ko tao. The one thing that really annoys me so far is the horrible service i get in restaurants, shops and guesthouses. After having talked with some of the thais here, they tell me that most of them are overworked(16 hours/day) and underpaid which can explain a lot... Anyway, just wanted to have your thoughts and experience on this. Also, is it better up north, in the chiang mai area? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,850 times, with 58 replies. Last reply by bedu on 11/3/2010 at 10:52

Great Trek Experience - Chiang Mia

Posted by caseyprich on 9/3/2010 at 09:15

Last year we went with Pooh Eco-Trekking and had a fantastic 3 day hike and hill tribe stay. Many people have told me they had lackluster time trekking around Chiang Mai but ours was really good. Highly recommended. The price is steeper than other treks - but we went with only the two of us. As well, the trek and the people we stayed with were incredible. We left no trash, brought lots of our own food in, and ate some rats and things the locals caught (tarantula egg sack is not fantast ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,601 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by Captain_Bob on 11/3/2010 at 01:09

El Nino effects on Thailand

Posted by TravelGod on 9/3/2010 at 00:36

I am beginning to plan a 2.5 month trip to SE Asia starting in June. I know weather patterns in El Nino years are relatively unknown, but I did read somewhere that areas 10-15 degrees north and south of the equator (SE Asia) tend to experience droughts. Anyone know if I may possibly dodge a bullet this summer? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,885 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by Captain_Bob on 10/3/2010 at 15:14

Travel Itinerary Questions for Thailand/Cambodia

Posted by llefranc on 10/3/2010 at 04:17

Hi all, I know a lot of people post their itineraries with questions so thanks in advance for any help/advice you can offer to hopefully make our trip better. My boyfriend and I are traveling through Thailand and spending a two to three days in Angkor Wat/Siem Reap, Cambodia. We will be in the region for a total of 18 days. As of now we plan to spend a couple days in Bangkok and from there we are more interested in off-the-beaten path type beaches. We are also set on Chang Mai and Pai. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,310 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by llefranc on 10/3/2010 at 11:36

Pattaya "Tourist Information" - Beware

Posted by celianz on 22/12/2007 at 18:48

Beware as you get off the Bangkok to Pattaya bus at Pattaya station, there are lovely, helpful official looking reps of "Pattaya Tourist Information". Uniforms, badges etc. This is in fact a private company and not part of the Tourism Authority, they ahve everything (hotels, tranfers, tours) for "their company". We were naive and tired and thought they were official, and ended up 2 kms away and paying 800B. Not too bad motel, have seen worse, but not good area. Just beware as they wont call anyt ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,095 times, with 15 replies. Last reply by MADMAC on 10/3/2010 at 09:08

Thung Wua Laem Beach at Chumphon

Posted by woodyuk on 1/3/2010 at 16:32

Hi We will be in Thailand next week and are looking at staying at Thung Wua Laem Beach at Chumphon for a couple of days before heading over to Koh Tao. Can anyone recommend some good accommodation at Thung Wua Laem Beach. We are looking for Bungalow resorts if they exist. Also does anyone know how easy is it is to get to Thung Wua Laem Beach from chumphon Train Station. Thanks for any info... ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,968 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by mikethediver on 10/3/2010 at 04:38

Flying into Phuket late at night. Where to stay? What is our best option?

Posted by mchrysler on 5/3/2010 at 17:02

Hi, we will be flying from Canada to Phuket (almost 27hrs) on April 1st. We don't land until 11:30pm. Once we have gone though customs and received our luggage its going to be pretty late. I was wondering if anyone knew of a good hostel, that we should check into that would still be open. OR if anyone knew of a hostel/guesthouse that would do an airport transfer that early in the morning? what is our best plan for arrival to phuket at that time in the morning? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 9,324 times, with 10 replies. Last reply by mikethediver on 10/3/2010 at 04:11

Non-tailored clothing?

Posted by JavaJunkie on 9/3/2010 at 13:27

Hello there! I'll be in Bangkok in a few days, and since I am a 3XL 120-kilo girl, I assume I'll need to have clothing made. I am just looking for simple short-sleeve shirts to wear while traveling. I'm wondering what sort of place I should have these made -- a tailor, or seamstress, or...? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,141 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by francesstella on 10/3/2010 at 03:55

Difficulty booking online with AirAsia...

Posted by ms1892 on 19/2/2010 at 19:23

I have been trying to book a trip from BKK to Phnom Penh through the AirAsia website but it constantly rejects my debit card, which is issued by a well known UK bank. I have never had problems using this card previously. In fact straight afterwards I used it online to pay for another flight on a different carrier. I was tempted to try and pay for the flight on Airasia using a credit card in my fathers name (with permission of course!) but then i noticed that the conditions of carriage st ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 9,176 times, with 11 replies. Last reply by pfk98 on 9/3/2010 at 13:38

The Other (Eastern) Islands - Ko Chang, Ko Maak, Ko Wai

Posted by caseyprich on 9/3/2010 at 09:33

I want to recommend to anyone looking for a relaxed island experience to go to the Eastern Islands near Trat and Cambodia. We went last February and had a fantastic time without all the chaos that my friends have (happily) reported from the other more often visited chains. I prefer lounging with curry, eating fish steaks, having a cool bottle of beer and reading a book - for this we found that Ko Maak was wonderful. The food on the bach fantastic and the people were very cool. Ended up ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,060 times, with no replies.

Travel Help Ko Phangan to Bangkok

Posted by DaviPigg on 9/3/2010 at 06:33

I need to get from Ko Phangan to Bangkok on 3rd April. I need to travel in one day and cheaply. What is the best option? I have checked flight prices on Bangkok Air they are pretty pricey (£100) but is obviously the easiest option. Flights seem really cheap on Asia Air, but only fly from Surat Thani. Is that a pain to travel to? Plus after ferries etc... is it that much cheaper? Any ideas? what other options do i have? Any other budget airlines I don't know about? Many thanks Dave ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,398 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by Sparts on 9/3/2010 at 06:52

IT & Digital

Posted by roytangruoyu on 8/3/2010 at 13:29

Is there any good place or online Thi forum to buy digital and IT stuff? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,331 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by Captain_Bob on 8/3/2010 at 17:46

Pai Accommodation

Posted by Husko on 6/3/2010 at 07:32

We are thinking of heading to Pai from Chaing Mai during Songkran (spending 3 days in CM first). Can anyone recommend a resort in Pai with a pool, good food not too far from town or in town up 1500B per night. Have looked at plenty but not sure which is best location. Probably arriving 14th of April so is Songkran busy time or not a problem to arrive and look around for accomm. Any other suggestions welcome - just looking to chill out eat drink swim. Thanks for any suggestions. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,689 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by Husko on 8/3/2010 at 14:18

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page