Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

3 weeks in april - itinerary - help/advice wanted please?

Posted by ceedee1 on 21/1/2010 at 03:42

will be arriving april 3rd and leaving april 24th and i would like to fit in as many places as possible. im yet to visit ko samet so that is a must,although its a long way from the other andaman islands im hoping to visit,railay/ko lipe/ko kradan and maybe ko lanta/ko phi phi again because i enjoyed my 4 night on long beach(ko lanta)last april and because its a quietish island but with a bit of 'something else to do'and nightlife if i feel the need,i see it as a sort of 'all rounder/in betwee ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,940 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by ceedee1 on 6/2/2010 at 07:47

New to independent travel - I think I'm a Flashpacker!

Posted by Louise73 on 31/1/2006 at 00:08

I'm a 33 year old woman, travelling alone to Thailand and Vietnam for 6 weeks in March - April. I'm trying to work out a reasonable budget, for staying in clean a/C rooms, with private shower, hot water. Not sure cost of food and travel in these countries but heard it's cheap. Does a budget of $50/day, including travel (not internal flights), accomodation, food and day tours sound reasonable. In Thailand I presume I will stay in Mid. range places around 1000 bahts per night. Most budg ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,756 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by chrispyrolls on 5/2/2010 at 19:52

Help planning 6+ week itinerary. Thai, Camb, Viet

Posted by markacino on 5/2/2010 at 17:53

Hey all, as per thread topic. Have had so much conflicting information aswell as misdirection from travel agents that its all becoming such a headache! Long story short we are looking at leaving at the end of March to start our holiday. We are certainly not considering this a backpacking trip, but looking st staying in comfortable private guesthouses. So a flash-packing budget I suppose this would fall under? Some things to note are that we must start in Phuket. We will be with family ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,285 times, with no replies.

Best itinerary SE Asia March-April?

Posted by Deanglow on 5/2/2010 at 11:37

After doing some research, it looks like Northern Thailand and Laos are not that great March-April because of the heat and smoke. My friend and I want to do three things - visit the Thai islands, see Angkor Wat and travel along the Vietnam coast from Hanoi to Saigon or vice versa. From the weather info, it looks like it might be best to visit the islands first (torn between Trang area, Phuket+Ya Noi, and Lanta area) then travel west through Siem Reap to Saigon to Hanoi (stopping at ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,702 times, with no replies.

Big Chang or Lanta with a toddler

Posted by madam_butterfly on 4/1/2010 at 21:57

Hi everybody, This is my first post here, but far from my first visit (GREAT site ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,066 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by joelietz on 5/2/2010 at 07:49

train travel in thailand

Posted by walkingtrees on 5/2/2010 at 02:45

In August I plan to take trains both North and South out of Bangkok to explore both regions...not sure which to do first (any suggestions?). My question is this: say on the Northern travels...can I buy a ticket from Bangkok to Chiang Mai and get get off where ever I want (Lop Buri, etc.) and be allowed back on a different train to Chiang Mai ? Or do I have to buy tickets to and from each station? Thanks! Mike ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,047 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by exacto on 5/2/2010 at 04:00

Buddhist/Meditation workshops?

Posted by misscherie on 4/2/2010 at 20:39

Hi there, I am heading to Cambodia/Thailand/Indonesia in September and I was wondering if anyone knew of any 1 day - 1 week workshops in meditation/classes which are in english? Preferably less touristy ones as would love to experience this there. Thanks so much! P.S. After many telling us how 'touristy' Thailand is, what would you recommend as beautiful places to explore in Thailand? We are not so much into going there to party/drink/be with tourists and love beautiful landscapes/local ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,848 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by MADMAC on 5/2/2010 at 01:24

Accomodation in Bangkok for a smoker + wifi in the room?

Posted by Janaver on 3/2/2010 at 20:01

I am traveling to Bangkok next week and will be staying just 1 night and then taking a sleeper train to Chiang Mai. Does anyone know of some nice guesthouse or hotel that also has a smoking rooms and hi speed WIFI in the room? Preferably in a quiet area. My budget is up to 2500 Baht. Thanks. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,677 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by Janaver on 4/2/2010 at 20:07

Koh Chang & Koh Lanta - Are They Very Similar?

Posted by borgy on 27/1/2010 at 14:48

Just want to know whether in a holiday of 3 weeks it is worth it visiting both Koh Chang & Koh Lanta?Are the characteristics of both islands nearly the same? If so, I might have to choose one of them...Or the 2 islands have lots of differences between each other making it worthwile to visit both. But if you think it's worth it to visit both islands please let me know..thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,981 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by jamesspignesi on 4/2/2010 at 10:31

Getting into Thailand at Hat-Lek corssing from Cambodia

Posted by jainidhi on 3/2/2010 at 19:48

I am an Indian living in France. At the end of the month, I am flying into Bangkok and staying there for a day before leaving for Cambodia. My plan is to stay in Cambodia for a week before heading back to Thailand at Hat Lek- Ko Kong crossing. I want to know if I can apply for a visa on arrival for entering Thailand at this particular crossing. Thai embassy at Paris could not confirm this for me. They just gave me a single entry visa for landing in Bangkok with my flight ticket as proof. Emb ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,287 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by jainidhi on 4/2/2010 at 06:19

4 week itinerary for July

Posted by Carrelas on 30/1/2010 at 11:50

My wife and I just booked our trip to the south East and we are super excited. We were wanting to do 2/3 of the trip in Thailand and the other 1/3 in Malaysia and Cambodia. We are both 28 years old and are wanting to both party and relax. This is what we were thinking. (If you could let me know if this is to much or I should hit something else that would be great) Thailand itinerary is not fully filled so some advice would be great :D Thailand Bangkok for 3 days Fly to suret tha ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,323 times, with 8 replies. Last reply by Carrelas on 3/2/2010 at 21:03

First time to Thailand

Posted by 269miles on 2/2/2010 at 20:49

I'm thinking about going (from UK) in Oct 2010 for a 25th wedding celebration for two weeks. I don't want something too quiet or noisy (Phuket seems best for its beaches). Am open minded about a two centre holiday. Can anyone give some suggestions - or point me to existing threads/topics (just joined today after finding this site by chance). Thanks in advance. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,287 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by 269miles on 3/2/2010 at 19:59

What is the best time of year to go for a month

Posted by jakkben on 2/2/2010 at 07:57

Hi, Looking to travel Thailand for a month from Chiang Mai down to Phuket and Ko Samui, Ko Tao. Every forum and site has something completely different to say! I dont mind humidity and some rain. A bit of advise would be fantastic. I was thinking September or October but not sure. Thanks Ben ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,878 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by MADMAC on 3/2/2010 at 19:09

Changing Nepali Currency in Bangkok!

Posted by BillEB617 on 3/2/2010 at 15:52

Somehow I messed up big time and when flying from Kathmandu to Bangkok I brought about $300 US worth of Nepali Rupees. I misunderstood and thought I could exhcange the money at the airport but I couldnt, and now no one will buy it in Thailand. Does any one have any advice or know a place that will change it??? Thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,976 times, with no replies.

ko lipe

Posted by ceedee1 on 26/1/2010 at 01:36

what are people's general thoughts and opinions on ko lipe as ive heard very mixed reports. i like to chill out and swim om a nice uncrowded beach if possible,was gonna head straight from trang to ko kradan and then to lipe and then back up to lanta or railay but ive been advised to save time it would be better going lipe first as its furthest south and then heading back up to kradan etc. will be going in april,any particular beaches,resorts accommodation i should visit/avoid. thanks fo ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,709 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by ceedee1 on 3/2/2010 at 13:26

Broke down in rural Thailand

Posted by MADMAC on 3/2/2010 at 12:22

My new (second hand) chopper has been having teething troubles. I now think it's just about ready to go, but three days ago I had a funny little adventure. I rode out to my wife's village to visit the in-laws and check on my building site. Wife and kids were coming the next day. Got to Saimun and decided to stop and grab a coke before driving the last ten klicks to the house. Did a little food shopping and threw the stuff in my saddle bags. Got on the bike and it won't turn over. Battery is ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,269 times, with no replies.

vietnam embassy bangkok and Tet

Posted by sayadian on 2/2/2010 at 21:16

I'd be really grateful if someone could let me know when the embassy will be closed for Tet.I suspect it will be for the whole week 15th to 22nd Feb.I'm just hoping it's not so. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,841 times, with no replies.

Vacation ideas august 2010

Posted by rgoldstein on 2/2/2010 at 05:18

My hamily, 2 adultsm1 child age 12,would like to visit Thailand in Aug 2010 for approx 12 days. We like adventure..zipline,atv, jungle,elephant trek, island hopping, and beach..Any sugestions as to where to go,due to the rainy season...is it sunny anywhere in Thailand during August? Any all inclusive resorts available, that maybe we could do day trips from? Or, would it be better to stay a few nights somehere, then travel to another area..??Any assistance is appreciated/ ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,016 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by wombatfuz on 2/2/2010 at 09:43

Exchanging Euro Money To Thai Baht,

Posted by borgy on 1/2/2010 at 19:26

Is it a possible to exhange EURO cash money in Thailand to Thai Baht? Is it a common practice? I know one can easily do this if you bring US dollars but I'd prefer to take some Euro Cash money instead considering I come from a Euro-zone country. And if this is possible, from where you can exchange the Euro money to Thai Baht?from certain banks only or you can say every bank can do this? Obviously, my primary source for Thai Baht will not be foriegn money as cash but rather withdrawals by means o ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,880 times, with no replies.

Dive courses - Ko Tao (I need some help)

Posted by Dubraatz on 31/1/2010 at 11:51

Hey there, We are going to take our open water and advanced open water dive courses in Ko Tao in the middle of Feb. We have not pre booked anything we are just gonna show up and take it from there, more exciting that way! I would appreciate any comments, experiences and recommendation you might have, cheap places to stay, dive shops that include accom with dive courses, friendly staff, knowledgeable instructors, etc... Anything would help me out. It's always nice to get info from travelers t ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,592 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by Dubraatz on 1/2/2010 at 17:18

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page