Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

why dol i get very little help /replies?

Posted by ceedee1 on 21/2/2010 at 02:07

i know i ask many many questions and my spellin,punctuation and grammer may make it hards to follow the poiunts im tryingb to make but i always do so in a friendly and polite masnner yet i seem to get very little in the way of replies in coparison to other peoples threads. i try my best to answer other poeoles questions to the best of my knowledge. can you please advbise me on how to get the most out of the forum please? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,582 times, with 25 replies. Last reply by shaydan_01 on 8/3/2010 at 04:44

Book your Thailand travel tickets online
  Buy train, bus and ferry tickets online.

Koh Samet to Phnom Penh?

Posted by hamilove on 6/3/2010 at 10:13

Any one have experience doing this journey? What would be the best option and does anyone have any tips for this route? Thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,278 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by hamilove on 6/3/2010 at 20:24

Best places for me near Trang/Krabi

Posted by ceedee1 on 1/2/2010 at 06:44

going on what ive written in this thread which islands in the trang/krabi area would best suit me? http://www.travelfish.org/board/post/thailand/9332_3-weeks-in-april---itinerary---help-advice--wanted-please- ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,331 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by ceedee1 on 6/3/2010 at 20:12

First time traveller to Thailand needs an idea of a schedule?? any suggestions do's and dont's

Posted by Maggiemoo on 6/3/2010 at 00:55

Hi, I am getting married next year (no date planned as I want to plan it around our honey moon to Thailand!) I have read and read and read so much into it that my head hurts what I have in mind is Chiang Mai (needing to know if I have to fly into Bangkok first?) wanting to see a few sights in chiang mai but only a days worth, then onto do a trek from Ching Rai maybe? I want to do a trek where we get to see the long neck people and villages, the golden triangle and elephant trekking, but I w ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,376 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 6/3/2010 at 14:51

Gimp-tastic SE Asia

Posted by amazonian on 21/2/2010 at 12:03

So I'm scheduled to take off on a two month backpacking trip of Thailand, Cambodia and Laos on March 2, and the day before yesterday I broke my foot. I have a half cast/split thing now, will get a full cast this week, and can't put ANY weight on it for at least 4 weeks, so I'm on crutches. My doc says I should be able to get my cast off in four weeks or so. Canceling the trip isn't really an option as my teaching contract/visa/health insurance here in Korea expire at the end of the month and I h ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,751 times, with 8 replies. Last reply by sirhalberd on 6/3/2010 at 05:23

Krabi - Pukhet area...last minute tips needed please!

Posted by ELE1 on 1/3/2010 at 22:00

Hi All! I am almost there..on March 12 I will leave to Thailand, I can't wait! I already booked flights with Air Asia and I will arrive on March 14 to Krabi airport and fly back to BKK from Phuket airport on March 20. I have 6 days for this area and I am so confused on what to see and where to stay! In particular, I would like to now: - should I stay always in the same place or should I hop from an island to another? Not sure how far are the places from each other and if it's fe ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,970 times, with 10 replies. Last reply by ELE1 on 5/3/2010 at 22:27

First Timers Seeking Adventure in Phuket Vicinity!

Posted by juliadee on 3/3/2010 at 20:14

I will be flying over from Jeju Island South Korea into Phuket sometime in early May. I will be backpacking with friends and we are interested in making the most of this visit and perhaps taking the unbeaten path! I have a few questions for you please! :) We are interested in a little partying, a little shopping, but mostly in staying in secluded beach bungalows with the option to party! Ha ha!I have heard good things about Ko Phang for that. Also we have thoughts of perhaps staying in ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,790 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by juliadee on 5/3/2010 at 16:59

Honeymoon June/July in Thailand or Malaysia?

Posted by maribsa on 23/2/2010 at 22:55

We are getting married June 19th and are planning a honeymoon to South East Asia. We have 3, perhaps 4 weeks to spend. We want a relaxing holiday, so we don't wanna try to see it all, but hope to do the following: 1. A week at a beautiful beach (good snorkling important) 2. Trekking/adventure in national park/jungle 3. Ankor Wat (dreamt of it since I was little..) and perhaps other historic/cultural places First we thought Southern Gulf Islands (Ko Tao or Samui), Chiang Mai and Siem Reap ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 7,724 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by Captain_Bob on 5/3/2010 at 16:07

Passenger ferry Lanta

Posted by foieslinger on 3/3/2010 at 15:40

Does anyone know if there is a cheap PUBLIC passenger ferry from Ko Lanta to Phi Phi and then to Phuket or are all the boats privately owned? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,380 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by foieslinger on 5/3/2010 at 15:55

iIinerary advice 6 days Chaing Mai and Bangkok

Posted by jztravels on 4/3/2010 at 20:03

I will be traveling with my teenage daughter to Vietnam and ending the trip in Thailand from a Sunday to Saturday in August. We will have 6-7 nights. Thinking about 2 nights Chaing Mai, 2 nights Chiang Dao and 2-3 in Bangkok before heading back to the states. Any advice for itinerary? We are interested in culture, elephant and light trekking experience and to see the beauty of the country. Beaches will have to wait for the next trip because we are short of time. Would you stay longer in ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,074 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by Captain_Bob on 5/3/2010 at 15:35

Travel by ferry from Chumpon to Trat?

Posted by diddly on 1/3/2010 at 16:06

Hi there, Can anyone advise whether it is possible to travel by ferry from Chumphon or another port from the East facing side of the Gulf of Thailand to Trat on the opposite side? If anyone know's of the possibility or has done this, I'd really appreciate a message from u, Many thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,477 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by Captain_Bob on 5/3/2010 at 15:14

Chiang Mai flights

Posted by mellimoon on 5/3/2010 at 01:01

Hi, nice site, i'm a long time lurker. Just about to go to Thailand in 2 weeks, was hoping to work my way up to China - Yunnan province and back down Vietnam. Can anyone confirm if these flights exist or not... i'm hearing different information from different sources. Chiang Mai - Lijiang Chiang Mai - Kunming Chiang Mai - Hanoi Jinghong - Lijiang Many thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,446 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by Captain_Bob on 5/3/2010 at 14:56

4 weeks in thailand with little kid - recommendations needed

Posted by dre on 3/3/2010 at 00:00

hi, we'll be back in thailand from end of march til end of april, only this time we will be travelling with our 13months old daughter and I'd appreciate some help/recommendations. • what is the easiest way to travel from phuket airport to koh lanta or koh pih pih. we get to phuket at around 12:00. is it reasonable to travel onward immediately or can anybody recommend somewhere to stay for maybe 2 nights to relax from the long flight? should be somewhere calm and nice, no party hotspot. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,533 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by alisonmilliken on 5/3/2010 at 13:02

Thailand, Laos, Vietnam, back to Thailand

Posted by gericdublin on 5/3/2010 at 05:02

Hi all I'm planning a 5week trip of Thailand, and hopefully Laos and maybe Vietnam for July. Judging by previous comments, I'm trying to get in a bit too much!? I would appreciate opinions on this. Plan to fly into bangkok, from here maybe fly to chiang mai. Have been looking at treking and elephant treks and that sort of adventure here! Then plan going from chiang mai into laos. I'm not sure how to do this. Flying seems to be expensive - flights I've looked at anyway! Again I'm still n ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,676 times, with no replies.

Cookery courses NOT in Chiang Mai

Posted by Seonach on 24/2/2010 at 07:52

Hi everyone, it's my first post, so here goes!! I have four weeks in Thailand this summer; planning a few days in Bangkok, Ko Phi Phi, and Khao Sok National Park, and not sure after that. I'd like to do a cookery course but it seems like you can only do them in Chiang Mai ; I'm reluctant to make the trek up to Chiang Mai as it seems the principal reason to do so is to go trekking to the hill tribes, which really doesn't appeal to me. Is there anywhere down south to do a good cookery course, ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,658 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by rrose on 5/3/2010 at 00:35

Teaching English in Thailand

Posted by corvusblue on 1/12/2009 at 06:32

Hi, I am interested in teaching English in Thailand (especially at the primary school level). I was wondering if anyone can suggest English language centers in Thailand and/or share their experiences teaching. Thank you so much! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,791 times, with 14 replies. Last reply by christay2009 on 4/3/2010 at 19:24

Safety of Thailand and Asia in general

Posted by keatonec on 3/3/2010 at 05:02

I was wondering how safe it really is to travel around Thailand and Asia without being apart of a tour or something else. Is left a big deal on over night trains or in general? Me and my girlfriend are planning on going to SEA and I have heard different things about it but I would like some other opinions. Thanks allot for your help. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,582 times, with 8 replies. Last reply by bedu on 3/3/2010 at 21:20

Thai Visa still free?

Posted by Mangala on 3/3/2010 at 17:11

Hi Im asking as I just applied for another 60 day visa via the consulate in Vientiane, to cover for when I need to be in Thailand to see my parents. However, once I gave over my forms and passport, the clerk didnt direct me to the other building on the grounds of the consulate to pay. When I asked her if I had to she said "no. finished", now this was at 10am so I imagine that building hadnt stopped work. Does this mean when I go back tomorrow with the paper she gave me with a number on ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,004 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by Mangala on 3/3/2010 at 17:35

Best island for diving/getting your Beginner PADI certificate.

Posted by EmilAndersen on 21/1/2010 at 14:56

Hi guys and girls. I'm looking for a place to get my Beginner PADI certificate. Do you guys know any good places to get it? the best island and the best school with the best theachers? The last thing i would like to know is where is the best place to buy your diving/scuba gear? IM planning on scubadiving and diving pretty much in my 3 month trip. im thinking i should have my own goggles, snorkel and fins. Should i get anything else? Is the best place Bangkok or the islang? Kindest Reg ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 8,196 times, with 10 replies. Last reply by greenman42 on 3/3/2010 at 10:58

Bus from Khon Kaen

Posted by salford6 on 2/3/2010 at 07:11

I need to travel from Khon Kaen to Ubon Rachathani or Khong Jiam by bus or other means,any help on buses and how long? Thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,537 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by salford6 on 3/3/2010 at 08:30

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page