Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Seeking a Nice Place to Arrive near Bangkok

Posted by yidakimason on 18/1/2010 at 10:57

Hey Folks, my family and I are planning to come to Thailand march 12... We are hoping to find a nice place to start off, near Bangkok, but in a great spot to wake up after the gruelling journey from Canada with 3 kids..... My thoughts were to head from the airport to a mellower spot than Bangkok, to decompress for a few days after the flights... Any suggestions for a great place to start off on the right foot.. I have visions of a smaller town with great views, laid back, yet within an hour of t ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,741 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by exacto on 18/1/2010 at 18:12

nakhon si thammarat thailand to Ko-Phan-Ngan? Or betteer beaches down south?

Posted by blueflowers987 on 17/1/2010 at 23:07

Hello, On the 27 february we will take the plane form Bkk to nakhon si thammarat thailand. It will be our first time in south Thailand. We will have spend 2 busy weeks in the north visitng.The idea is to find a nice beach with for a last week chill off. I do not know if it's worth to go up to KO Phan-Ngan (and yes how, by taxi to Surat Thani then Ferry?) Or does anyone now if there are some nice beaches closer...any suggestions are welcome. We will land in nakhon si thammarat at 15h50...the i ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,896 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by fondo on 18/1/2010 at 16:46

Traveler's Checks inThailand

Posted by husqvarna on 16/1/2010 at 22:51

I have read many of the posts about using traveler's checks in Thailand and all seemed positive. I was however, told by AAA (American Automobile Association) when I wanted to get some from them that most merchants in Thailand would no longer take them due to ease of counterfeiting the checks. Is there any validity to this claim or are they just shinin me on? Thanks for any input. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,145 times, with 10 replies. Last reply by fondo on 18/1/2010 at 16:37

Getting to Taling Chan, from the airport ?

Posted by garthibiza on 18/1/2010 at 15:46

G'day everyone, After reading about the wonderful Taling Chan floating market on TravelFish, we want to visit it. Please does anyone know how best to get there from the Airport Suvarnabhumi ? Thanks, garthibiza. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,190 times, with no replies.

Thong Nai Pan question

Posted by emma066 on 13/1/2010 at 20:34

Bit random but does anyone know if you can easily walk between Noi and Yai beaches on Koh Phangan? We're meeting people on Yai but Noi sounds like a better location, so could we walk across or not?! Thanks, Emma ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,115 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by siamtravels on 18/1/2010 at 11:34

Thai travel Cambodia-Vietnam [return]

Posted by AussieCamper on 18/1/2010 at 11:30

Hello, this is my first post here so sorry if this is out of place. I am going to Thailand in 2 weeks and want to know the best way to travel through Cambodia to Vietnam and back, seeing all the "must see's" along the way. Any other information that could be useful on my trip would be much appreciated (Interested in finding out about things to watch out for and how to keep safe). ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,427 times, with no replies.

Is this itinerary good for what I'm looking for??

Posted by Preacher on 17/1/2010 at 09:56

Hi, I'm looking to spend 10-14 days in Thailand this coming February and am looking to spend some time relaxing by the beach, diving, snorkeling, swimming, etc. The more isolated the better - I'm not a fan of crowds. Right now I'm flying into Bangkok and then from there flying to Phuket and then to either Ko Phi Phi, Ko Kradan, Ko Rok, Ko Tarutao, Ko Adang, Ko Lipe, Ko Bulon Lae, or Kao Lao Liang. Which of those would you recommend for a 10 - 14 day trip of relaxing on the beach? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,055 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by SBE on 17/1/2010 at 16:18

points of interest phuket-bangkok

Posted by mic59 on 16/1/2010 at 14:08

I will be holidaying in Septembr and my first port of call will be Phuket. After a bit of time there I intend to make my way to Bangkok and then travel north. Instead of just going straight to Bangkok I was going to go gradually towards it, staying maybe 2 or 3 days at places along the way. Or possibly longer if a place takes my fancy, I have 6 weeks for the holiday. The first place I have decided on is Phang-Nga. Would anyone like to make any other suggestions? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,243 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by swag on 17/1/2010 at 09:06

Possible Itinerary...Is it realistic?

Posted by MrSB on 15/1/2010 at 20:19

Hey, Me and some friends are planning to travel Asia for about 60 days in June/July time. Was wondering if our possible itinerary is a bit stretched and would make us feel like were constantly travelling and not being able to see everything in the time were there. We would like to visit the following... Sandakan KL Ko pan Ngan Ayuttahaya Bangkok Siem Reap Phnom Penh HCMC Hanoi Vientiane Shanghai Beijing We plan to use AirAsia mostly and then a few trains for shorter hops. Al ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,609 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by MrSB on 16/1/2010 at 20:42

Getting 2 month tourist visa for China in Bangkok

Posted by williamtaylor on 16/1/2010 at 18:10

Is getting a 2 month tourist visa for China in Bangkok possible? I went to several travel agencies and was told that they could only arrange a 1 month tourist visa. Am I likely to have better luck by visiting the embassy? Is it possible to extend a 1 month visa after entering China? I plan to enter through Vietnam overland and fly out of Chengdu to KL. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,390 times, with no replies.

air asia ??

Posted by rc on 8/11/2009 at 05:52

if air asia a reliable airline to book internal flights ???is from bangkok to phuket and kho samui ?? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,839 times, with 21 replies. Last reply by khunwilko on 16/1/2010 at 13:11

Climbing/Bouldering partner for Ko Tao

Posted by pspoulin on 15/1/2010 at 14:08

Hi guys. I am currently in Ko Tao. Im looking for a climbing partner to explore the climbing/bouldering possibilities here with. I'll be in ko tao for another week (jan14-21). Let me know if you're interested. Paskal paskal.savard@gmail.com ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,663 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by crimptacular on 16/1/2010 at 00:58

Niyana Guesthouse

Posted by think87 on 25/11/2009 at 17:29

Sad news since the review said you loved this place so much, but was was in that phanom the other day and all thats left of Niyana is a boarded up place with a Niyana sign on it. When i asked someone they pointed me to chai von, but i guess its been closed for a little bit or in the process of moving... ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,972 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by exacto on 15/1/2010 at 19:26

Elephants in Southern Thailand?

Posted by cheeco on 15/1/2010 at 16:38

Hi everyone, I was just wondering if there is an Elephant center in southeast Thailand, specifically on Koh Tao/Phangan/Samui? I see the Eco Nature Tour on Phangan, but I don't want to see an elephant show of any kind- something more like the Lampang center or the center in Chiang Mai. This might be a stretch, but I thought I would ask as I can't seem to find info elsewhere. Thanks! Robyn ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,683 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by MADMAC on 15/1/2010 at 16:59

3 week itinerary tweaking

Posted by kbjhtravel on 10/1/2010 at 02:12

My friend and i are going to thailand April 29, for about 3 weeks. we are flying into Bangkok and will arrive late that night, would you suggest we stay in a hostel or hotel the first night being there? We are planning these Places and are not sure how long to stay at each place, Bangkok--> Chaing Mai--> Phuket + islands--> a city right outside of bangkok--> bangkok im not to sure how to allocate our days in each place, i want to make sure we have enough time at each location to expe ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,360 times, with no replies.

A few things

Posted by jeffuk on 15/1/2010 at 15:26

Hi guys, I land in Bangkok next week, can't wait. My girlfriend has decided to join me on the 27th, she's flying into Koh Samui but wont be there until around 5pm will there still be boats over to Koh Phangan at this time? Also she really wants to stay in Haad Rin for the full moon party, does anyone know of anywhere that might not be overly advertised where we may get a room, what are the chances of me turning up on the 24-25th and being able to secure a room? everywhere seems booked up ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 898 times, with no replies.

pattaya

Posted by L_Graham on 8/1/2010 at 04:28

hey guys im going to pattaya firstly at the start of my 5-6 month travels mainly because i have a friend who is comin over for 3 weeks for a holiday and he wants to go, after that i shall be travlling around s.asia on my own which i am so much looking forward to, i jst would like to know the main area in pattaya like the liveliest part or street, ive been to patong, phuket and it was bangla road there what is it in pattaya? thanks all Liam ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,055 times, with 11 replies. Last reply by sirhalberd on 15/1/2010 at 10:26

Following the Mekong from Nong Khai (Tilapia?)

Posted by exacto on 13/1/2009 at 23:52

This question is primarily for Tilapia but I'd love to hear from others too. I'm looking to spend some time later this year following the Mekong both up and down river from Nong Khai. I did this nearly a decade ago now and it was very charming, old-school Thailand backpacker with bamboo along the waterside. You'd mentioned in an earlier post about hiring a motor scooter from Nong Khai as an option for travel. What about other possibilities? How good/frequent/reliable is the local transpor ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 7,543 times, with 24 replies. Last reply by exacto on 15/1/2010 at 08:42

Many traveling questions....

Posted by mm716 on 14/1/2010 at 00:26

Hello, I need some help with planing the details of a 14 days trip from Bangkok to Ko Tao and Ko Pha Ngan. The Arriving time to BKK is 8:15pm, I thought the best way is to take the over night train down to Chumphon and ferry to Ko Tao, stay for a few days, than down to Ko Pha Ngan, stay for a few more days, than back to Bangkok for a few more days. (I have budget concerns and have no credit card to prebook anything.) Here are my questions: 1. Is is likely to be able to catch an over n ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,123 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by mm716 on 14/1/2010 at 20:32

Monastery stay for females

Posted by idreamofdurian on 13/1/2010 at 01:17

Can anyone recommend a monastery for females interested in Buddhism? A short stay (i.e. < 1 week) is preferable. Location doesn't matter -- I'll go wherever necessary. This would be in March 2010. Any suggestions appreciated! Thanks. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 7,189 times, with 9 replies. Last reply by shadek on 14/1/2010 at 17:06

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page