Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

First time in Thailand March 12-22..need advise!

Posted by ELE1 on 28/1/2010 at 19:23

HI All I just bought a plane ticket to Bankgok for the period above and this is my first time in Asia at all and I can't wait! I need some suggestions from expert travellers on how I can take the most out of my 10 days in Thailand. We would like to visit Bangkok and then fly to Southern Islands for some sea and nature kind of holiday and also a bit of party :) So, in this period middle March is it better to go to Ko Samui area or to Krabi area? Where are the better weather condition? And ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,797 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by Captain_Bob on 29/1/2010 at 11:47

SPECIFIC august weather question

Posted by walkingtrees on 28/1/2010 at 03:55

Hi everybody, Last week I booked tickets from August 1st - August 29 for my first trip to Thailand. At the time I knew it was during the rain season but had been told it wouldn't be too bad and that October was really the month to avoid. I'm fine with some rain here and there but am now a little worried after looking at the weather map on this site....August looks really. My question is this: during a rainy day, does it typically pour all day with constant dark skies? Or does the rain c ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,911 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by Captain_Bob on 29/1/2010 at 11:07

Arriving in BKK late at night

Posted by amylou on 26/1/2010 at 11:12

Hiya, I have found a cheap flight to Bangkok from Sydney in April but the only catch is that I arrive at midnight in Bangkok. I am a female backpacking solo (never been to Thailand before) so I would ideally like to sort out a airport transfer to a near by hostel that is friendly & can meet fellow travelers. Can anyone suggest a good place to stay for a couple of nights? Thanks for your help! Amy ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,180 times, with 8 replies. Last reply by MADMAC on 28/1/2010 at 09:42

a peaceful week on the andaman coast

Posted by sheisaeval on 26/1/2010 at 06:34

I'll be flying in to the Phuket airport and I'll have a week, where should I go? I would like a laid back place that's quiet and peaceful and has great views, with cheap bungalows to stay at. No party beaches. I am thinking about going to either the Koh Yao islands, the Khao Lak coast, Koh jum, or koh lanta. What would you suggest? What would be the easiest way to get to these places from Phuket? Which of these choices would you suggest? If anyone has been to Bali, I'm looking ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,940 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by christof on 27/1/2010 at 20:34

Buses to Sai Tai Mai/What to do in Bangkok at Night

Posted by deliverusmaud on 20/1/2010 at 20:52

Hi, I have 2 separate questions about Bangkok. 1/ Do you know of a bus to Sai Tai Mai bus station from Mo Chit bus terminal (I will be arriving in Mo Chit from Chiang Mai by bus that morning)? 2/ I will be spending my last night in Bangkok without a hotel (as i'd like to stay up all night for my early flight). Can you give me any ideas for anything I can do at night that is not related to drinking or biblical activities? I'm a female and i'll be on my own. Are there restaurants open a ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,992 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by MADMAC on 27/1/2010 at 19:50

Songkran holiday packages?

Posted by bedu on 27/1/2010 at 14:03

Basically I don't quite like Songkran for many reasons, and I would like to hear of any alternatives to the craziness. One option is to take a trip abroad to say, Hong Kong or Singapore, however, the cost for the Songkran period is between 13 - 19,000 THB. Anyone know of a good travel agent in Bangkok that can get me a good rate? The other option is a resort in Thailand itself, again does anyone know of a place where I can 'get away from it all'? What is the approx. cost? Thanks eve ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 938 times, with no replies.

Skytrain extension to Suvarnabhumi Airport

Posted by rayc101 on 26/1/2010 at 05:16

Hi Does anyone know if the Bangkok Skytrain extension from Makasan to Suvarnabhumi Airport is operational yet? I am aware that the infrastructure is in place, but are trains running yet? Cheers Rayc ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,441 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by wanderingcat on 27/1/2010 at 13:38

Bueng pai farm PAI thailand

Posted by rayb60 on 27/1/2010 at 12:40

For your information Run and Orn have sold and moved from the Sun Hut and built perhaps the best place in Pai . Its called Bueng Pai farm. Sun Hut isn't all that great since they left. Check it out. Its fantastic there. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,271 times, with no replies.

Advice - Traveling with a child to Thailand

Posted by bsriley on 26/1/2010 at 02:43

My husband and I are planning a 2 week holiday to Thailand and would appreciate some advice about the best places to visit/stay with our 3 year old child. we would also appreciate any transportation or other useful information for making the adventure a success. Our goal is to soak in the culture, enjoy the beaches, & avoid huge tourist traps. Thank you kindly for any information, ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,350 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by MADMAC on 27/1/2010 at 11:44

Price of sun cream in Ko Chang / Thailand

Posted by Jleef on 20/1/2010 at 13:29

Am staying at Lonely Beach at the moment and finding that a decent sized bottle of sun cream is around 500B. I know the stuff is expensive but I'm just wondering - can I expect to pay this sort of money every where in Thailand, or do the 7/11s or the island itself have a price hike on the stuff? I know it's an essential but I can imagine it putting a dent on my budget at this rate =) ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,025 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by Thaiman on 26/1/2010 at 16:51

Phuket In July (or other islands..)

Posted by jasinorbit on 20/1/2010 at 13:22

I am helping my Mum plan a trip to Thailand in July for her 50th. (A group of five women for about a week) It will probably be Phuket as it will be the easiest to access for us all - but its flexible. Im looking for any tips on accomodation, which beach to stay at etc. Somewhere a little away form the craziness, but accessable to shops, bars and restaurants. Any tips anyone has would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your help. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,882 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by idreamofdurian on 26/1/2010 at 14:03

India Visa

Posted by mmmmbeerlao on 26/1/2010 at 11:09

How hard will it be to obtain and Travel visa for India while staying in Bangkok. Also will I get a hard time in BKK because my onward flight is 5 months later even though I plan on spendingg the time in India? ( I am booking my flight to India after a couple weeks in Thailand) Thanks for the help peeps! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,201 times, with no replies.

7 week budget

Posted by arshavin on 26/1/2010 at 06:55

Hi Im planning a trip for 7 weeks from the beginning of march to the end of april. Im currently planning about a week in laos, 2 weeks in cambodia and a month in thailand visiting mostly the southern islands. Last year i did six weeks in thailand ona budget of about £700. I was wondering if £1000 would be enough for this years trip including visas and such like? Are cambodia and laos considerably cheaper than thailand? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,193 times, with no replies.

Travel from Chiang Mai to Ko Laoliang?

Posted by LittleSarah on 22/1/2010 at 20:49

Hi, I'm spending three weeks in Thailand with my boyfriend in April and planning to do Bangkok - Chiang Mai - Ko Laoliang - Ko Phi Phi - Bangkok. Can anyone advise on the quickest way to get from Chiang Mai to Ko Laoliang (preferably via Trang than Krabi )? The options I can think of are: 1. Fly Chiang Mai to Bangkok. Overnight in Bangkok. Early morning flight from Bangkok Don Meung airport to Trang. Boat to Ko Laoliang.(Would prefer not to overnight in Bangkok though as our trip s ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,157 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by LittleSarah on 25/1/2010 at 17:00

Train pass?

Posted by mic59 on 25/1/2010 at 15:30

I will be travelling to a number of places on the railway line. Is it possible to buy a pass so that you can just jump on any train? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,579 times, with no replies.

Ko Chang, Ko Mak & Ko Kut in july/august

Posted by primozchwitzchic on 25/1/2010 at 00:54

Hello! First I would like to apologize if someone has already written some similar topic. I know there is already written a lot about raining season in Thailand, but I have looked true forum a lot, but I could find any similar topic, because I have some pretty specific questions. We have already decided that we will go to Thailand in mid July and August, and we are OK with some rain and humidity. No problem there :) 1. What I want to ask you about is a selection of islands. We really ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 6,035 times, with no replies.

Changing Chinese Yuan to Thai Baht

Posted by Preacher on 21/1/2010 at 17:31

I live in China and am coming over in Feb. Is it possible to change large amounts of Chinese Yuan in Bangkok? I'll have to change a bit at the airport to get into the city, but once I'm there are banks my best bet? Thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,102 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by mm716 on 24/1/2010 at 21:41

Elephant Nature Park

Posted by JenW on 11/1/2009 at 19:44

Hi, Has anyone been to Elephant Nature Park near Chiang Mai? Im starting a volunteer placement on Mon 2nd Feb -if anyone's done it any advice would be be great. Also -i have 3 days before starting with the elephants -(Fri/Sat/Sun)-would you recommend i go straight to Chiang Mai, or spend a couple days in Bangkok? Thanks! Jen ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,208 times, with 11 replies. Last reply by EmjayReet on 24/1/2010 at 16:03

From Lanta to BKK - Bus or Train???

Posted by shadek on 23/1/2010 at 22:06

I'm planning on leaving Lanta with the 8am ferry to Krabi. Was wondering if it's best to take an overnight bus back to BKK or head to Surat Thani and take the overnight train. The later seems to take longer, since i'll have to take the bus to ST. Does anyone have a good experience with the night bus from Krabi? Thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 846 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by Lother on 24/1/2010 at 01:34

From Sihanoukville to Ko Chang - border issues

Posted by shadek on 23/1/2010 at 20:08

I will enter Cambodia through Poipet and go down PP and Sihanoukville, and from there I thought to cross the border at Hat Lek to get to Ko Chang. I've read a couple of posts here about the bad reputation of staff at Hat Lek, but since I will be leaving Cambodia and won't need to deal with them to get a Visa, I was wondering if it should be fine???? Thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,927 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by Lother on 24/1/2010 at 01:25

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page