Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Visa Extension

Posted by Travel2008 on 10/2/2009 at 16:02

Hi, I am going to be a victim of the new 15 day visa regulations and wondered if anyone could give me some advice. I need to extend my visa by and extra 5 days and would prefer to avoid the hassle of a visa run to Cambodia or Malaysia... Does anyone know of a travel agent in Bangkok or Surat Thani (or even the Gulf coast islands) that do visa extensions i.e. someone we can trust with our passports! If we do end up doing a visa run to Cambodia for example is it possible to just leave Thai ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,273 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by Captain_Bob on 21/3/2010 at 14:34

Book your Thailand travel tickets online
  Buy train, bus and ferry tickets online.

Amy's plan...any advice?

Posted by amylou on 17/3/2010 at 09:49

Hey, I am flying to Bangkok next month and can't stop thinking about my trip! I love this site. Anyway, I have put together a brief outline plan of the places I want to see but I am not sure if this is cramming in too much over 2 months? Any suggestions/comments on my itinery would be MUCH appreciated as it is my first time travelling SEA solo. 26th April - Bangkok (4 nights) Overnight train to Chiang Mai (3 nights) Huay xai (border crossing to Loas) Slow boat Pakbeng (2 nights) Luan ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,227 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by francesstella on 20/3/2010 at 04:45

Crutches in the islands?

Posted by susette on 18/3/2010 at 19:12

I have had ACL reconstruction in Bangkok, Thailand. I will be in recovery for 4 weeks, 2 will be couch surfing with ice packs. After I regain my mobility I’d like to go to the islands for a week of hanging on the beach. However, I may still need crutches. I have been to Ko Kradan and Ko Mook in the past and know I will not be able to jump off a long boat. Getting across the sand with crutches will be difficult but possible as I am fit and have a friend to help haul bags. Any suggestions for ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,534 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by amazonian on 19/3/2010 at 19:40

Paradise Beach Resort Koh Ngai

Posted by undoo on 17/3/2010 at 20:51

Hi, I'm trying to contact Paradise Beach Resort on Koh Ngai. I tried calling phone number provided on trvelfish ( (075) 203 024) but without any success. Does anyone knows how to contact them or it may just be enough to book on arrival? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,436 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by undoo on 19/3/2010 at 15:21

Bangkok-Phuket by bus?

Posted by cybervlad on 14/3/2010 at 23:23

Hi all, I am heading to Phuket in the beginning of April and decided to travel by bus (I have some reasons to avoid flights). I looked through several web sites and found that the buses start only from Bangkok's Southern Bus Terminal (Sai Tai Mai) in the evening. But my flight arrives to Bangkok early in the morning. Does anyone know, is there any morning buses, may be from Mo Chit bus terminal? Thanx in advance for any suggestions. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,924 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by cybervlad on 18/3/2010 at 20:06

Mid-May to Mid-June 2010 Travels

Posted by eliasmae on 2/2/2010 at 06:40

Hi All, I just booked my flight to Thailand for my first trip! I am very excited. I will be arriving to BKK late at night on Wed. May 19th at 10:55pm. I will departing from BKK as well on Wed. June 16th. I am a 22 year old male from the US, and will be traveling alone. I have an uncle who has lived in Chiang Mai for about two decades. However, currently he is in Hanoi and out of email reach, and I have been trying to get some help with my itinerary for the time I will be there. I will ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,595 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by Captain_Bob on 18/3/2010 at 14:14

Does anyone know any good hostels to stay in bangkok and chiang mai????

Posted by beachlife27 on 18/3/2010 at 01:18

Hi, was wondering if anyone knows of any cheap hostels in bangkok/chiang mai with air con and clean rooms? thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,655 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by Captain_Bob on 18/3/2010 at 13:12

Railay or Lanta in May with a toddler - where to stay?

Posted by ruth678 on 17/3/2010 at 12:07

My husband, 16 month old daughter, and I are planning a trip during the first two weeks of May. We are looking for a beach that is toddler-friendly, a place that is around 3000 baht/night or less. We would like to stay in a place where our daughter can sleep separately from us so that we don't have to go to sleep when she does. My husband also wants to do some diving. We'd like to go somewhere that is fairly peaceful but also not too isolated either. Right now we are leaning towards staying ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,597 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by AbgAcid on 18/3/2010 at 10:31

Black travelers in SE Asia

Posted by CRASHT1224 on 17/3/2010 at 21:54

Heading to Vietnam, Thailand, Malaysia and Indonesia in next month with my fiance. Just wanted a heads up on the general attitude towards minority travelers. Anyone have any input on this? Thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,664 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by CRASHT1224 on 18/3/2010 at 01:00

Hellfire Pass or train journey to Nam Tok?

Posted by DaviPigg on 17/3/2010 at 06:47

Hello Can you help? We are going to Kanchanaburi for 2 nights. I want to see the Erawan Falls, a few museums in Kanchanaburi, Hellfire Pass plus take what I have been told is a dramatic train journey up to Nam Tok. Problem is, not enough time. What would you recommend the train journey or Hellfire pass? Could I take a tour that takes in all of these in my limited time? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,664 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by swag on 17/3/2010 at 07:41

Bangkok to Koh Chang

Posted by mellimoon on 17/3/2010 at 05:24

Hi, can anyone tell me the best way to get to Koh Chang (lonely beach) from Bangkok? I want to arrive as early as possible in Koh Chang, but i do have a hotel for the night in BKK so an overnight journey would be silly. So early-ish morning bus might be good. It's on a Thursday. Someone told me to either take the state bus or not to - i can't remember! I really wanted to book a beach hut at Siam huts on lonely beach, but they dont answer their phone or respond to emails. If anyone knows how t ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,565 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by swag on 17/3/2010 at 06:20

Budda's Birthday Celebration in Koh Phangan?

Posted by juliadee on 16/3/2010 at 09:30

Hello, I will be traveling to Koh Phangan the weekend of Buddas Birthday. May 21st. Does anyone know of any celebrations being held on the island? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,117 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by Captain_Bob on 16/3/2010 at 12:47

If not Ko Samet, which island?

Posted by husqvarna on 15/3/2010 at 07:47

I stayed on Ko Samet last February and had a good time. I will be in LOS next February. Regarding Ko samet, been there, done that. What other islands can members suggest that are fairly easy to get to from BKK? I would rather not fly to Phuket for just 3 days or so. Thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,001 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by ceedee1 on 16/3/2010 at 00:39

Bangkok to Ko Tao

Posted by tbrown801 on 15/3/2010 at 05:34

We are thinking of traveling from Bangkok to Ko Tao by train and ferry. if we take the overnight sleeper train it looks like it arrives in Chumpon at 3:30 in the morning. Has anyone done this? Is it safe to be at the railroad station for a couple of hours in the early morning? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,091 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by stevejames00 on 15/3/2010 at 23:07

Special Day in Bangkok

Posted by mellimoon on 8/3/2010 at 06:18

Hi, i'm going to be in Bangkok on my boyfriends 30th birthday, i need to sort out 3 things to make the day memorable. 1. Accommodation. 2. Activities. 3. Evening Meal. I don't mind spending decent money, this will be after a month around Vietnam, so a day of luxury will be worth it. The birthday in april 7th - a Sunday i think. We've been to Bangkok before and done the obvious touristy stuff, maybe doing something a bit off the wall would be good. For a hotel, somewhere with a 50in ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,158 times, with 9 replies. Last reply by MikeV on 15/3/2010 at 10:57

Accommodation in Khon Kaen?

Posted by emilygayle on 7/3/2010 at 21:12

Hello! We're making a pitstop in Khon Kaen in order to break up an otherwise extremely long bus journey. No "economic" options are listed in any of the major resources - any recommendations of a good, cheap place to lay the head for the night? Cheers, Em ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,983 times, with 10 replies. Last reply by MADMAC on 14/3/2010 at 20:03

phuket/trang/krabi beaches

Posted by ceedee1 on 14/3/2010 at 18:33

ps sorry to start thread! :P will be arriving april 3rd and leaving april 24th and i would like to fit in as many places as possible. im yet to visit ko samet so that is a must,although its a long way from the other andaman islands im hoping to visit,railay/ko lipe/ko kradan and maybe ko lanta/ko phi phi again because i enjoyed my 4 night on long beach(ko lanta)last april and because its a quietish island but with a bit of 'something else to do'and nightlife if i feel the need,i see it as ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,319 times, with no replies.

Bangkok - Package tours to Angkor Wat

Posted by mendacity on 9/3/2010 at 04:53

Hi, I like lots of people here am trying to get the best out of my 5 weeks in Thai/Viet/Laos/Camb. Squeezing in Angkor Wat without it costing the earth is proving tricky. I have read about land tours from Bangkok - but haven't found any on line. Can anyone advise if this is a viable option and if so how I organise it. Thx M ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,711 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by mendacity on 14/3/2010 at 07:28

Malaysia or Thailand for Christmas

Posted by Carlos82 on 11/3/2010 at 23:52

Hi Folks, I’m arriving in Malaysia at the end of November 2010 for a years travelling with my girlfriend and am looking some where nice to spend Christmas and New Year. I had looked at Langkawi but had thought also of moving up into Thailand. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated Thanks Carl ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,574 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by tezza on 13/3/2010 at 20:26

Travelling to thailand in July 2010

Posted by mlaine on 10/3/2010 at 05:14

I would like to visit Thailand in July but I have been reading up on the weather. Some say not to come because of the rain and others say it's ok. Can anyone give me advice on this or maybe what Islands would be best to visit in July? Thanks :) ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 9,197 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by tezza on 13/3/2010 at 20:20

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page