Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Will June weather stop train/bus service to Ayutthaya?

Posted by clairejustine on 6/1/2010 at 13:20

We are going to be in Bangkok for a few days in mid June, and wondered about the possibility of flooding around Ayutthaya during this season. Is there a high likelihood that Ayutthaya would be inaccessible? And is this an OK time to visit Ayutthaya in general? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,514 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 7/1/2010 at 12:43

Be careful when crossing the road

Posted by somtam2000 on 6/1/2010 at 14:18

Received some tragic news this afternoon that Torgeir Norling (better known as Tor), a Norwegain journo, based in Bangkok for at least the last decade, was killed yesterday when he was hit by a bus near the Erawan Shrine. Tor had reported from Afghanistan, Iraq, Timor, Burma and Aceh (among others) and had setup the excellent RainDogs Bar in Bangkok. We'd known him for some time. Tor leaves behind his wife Jum and young son. He was 37. The exact circumstances of the accident are unclear ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,345 times, with no replies.

Help for 10-day trip to Thailand

Posted by seahorse88 on 5/1/2010 at 10:10

How do we spend 10 days in Thailand? We would like to visit Bangkok, Phuket and Chang Mai. We will be coming from Vietnam last week of this month. Is tourism peak season now? We might be running out of hotel rooms in those areas at that time? We want to book as we arrive? Is this fine? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,334 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 5/1/2010 at 18:49

Bus Schedules in Northern Thailand

Posted by Archmichael on 4/1/2010 at 07:34

Hi: We're planning a return trip to SE Asia and have looked through multiple pages here for information about bus schedules for northern Thailand. Specifically, as relates to Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Den Chai, Uttaradit, Nan. It's understood these things are changeable ... I'd just like to get a general idea of what connections are typically available. We are especially interested in transportation in and out of Nan. Thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,260 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by Archmichael on 5/1/2010 at 10:47

Ko Tao Bungalows?

Posted by biophlame on 4/1/2010 at 16:49

Does anyone have any accommodation recommendations for Ko Tao? I'll be traveling with 4 others on January 20th to Ko Tao, staying for about 4 days before heading to Ko Samiu and Ko Pha Ngan, and looking for something along the lines of a bungalow/hut for cheap. If anyone's been and has a great place to recommend, please let me know! Also, would you recommend that I prebook (is that possible) or just wait until I get onto the island and get a room the day of. Thanks. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,674 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by tezza on 4/1/2010 at 18:13

help neede, your opinion on itinerary

Posted by marie79 on 3/1/2010 at 15:14

#1 Posted: 27/12/2009 - 17:27 Hi everyone, My husband and I will be traveling to Indochina for 10 weeks from January till March. Arriving in BKK and leaving from BKK We still don't know where to start the journey. Shall we start from BBK, then Chiang Mai , Laos, Vietnam from North to South, Cambodia and then back to BKK from Siem Reap OR the other way around. i.e. from BKK to Siem Reap, South Vietnam to North Vietnam, then fly from Hanoi to Vientiane and then Chiang Mai to BKK. I ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,782 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by marie79 on 4/1/2010 at 10:18

Unbelievable Tourist

Posted by Canudigit on 31/12/2009 at 10:48

My friend, knowing I'm headed for the Kingdom, just phoned to warn me that her brother-in-law from Canada, who'd been to Thailand before, was supposed to stay 3 months, but is back after 3 weeks. He left because someone "tried to run him over with a car, twice" and that he found the atmosphere dangerous. I'm waiting for details, why it happened, why they didn't just go to another town. Will fill in details if the victim calls me back. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,171 times, with 11 replies. Last reply by MADMAC on 3/1/2010 at 11:02

Accomodation Nakhon Sawan - Ban Donmai Resort

Posted by AbgAcid on 3/1/2010 at 08:21

We are a group of travelers riding motorcylcles and travel extensively. The distance from Chieng Mai to Bangkok is relatively too large to cover within a day, and thus needed a mid stop somewhere for overnight. For this the Ban Donmai resort is the the best bet. Relatively new, its location is a few km just off the hiway 1. Well contstructed bungalows, very quiet with some nice landscapes. Aircon bungalows. split level type were only 400 bh. It comes with TV, hot shower and believe it or not ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,649 times, with no replies.

Suvarnabhumi Airport to bus for Kanchanburi

Posted by ano_1 on 2/1/2010 at 04:26

Hi, I neeed to move self and family to nearest bus station or pickup point from Suvarnabhumi Airport to bus it to Kanchanburi. Many thanks for any help. Ano Australia ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,617 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by ano_1 on 3/1/2010 at 05:29

7 weeks in Thailand, Laos and Cambodia

Posted by Cary on 1/1/2010 at 03:54

Hey there all you helpful folks, I'm a 25 year old Canadian male taking my first trip to SE asia, Arriving late Jan and staying until mid march. I'm going with my girlfriend, we don't have any sort of rigid schedule to stick to. We arrive in BKK and plan to stay a couple nights before taking a plane or train south to Surat Thani, at which point we'll head to the islands (not sure which yet) in search of some inexpensive beach bungalows. After a week or two lazing about the beaches, thing ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,198 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by Cary on 3/1/2010 at 03:28

Ko Samui Ferry terminal for Ko tao?

Posted by gally45 on 2/1/2010 at 04:44

Hi Im just wondering where on KO samui is the ferry terminal for heading to Ko tao or is there more than one? I will be flying in to ko samui and heading for ko tao the next day just trying to find out where would be best to stay, thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 6,275 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by gally45 on 2/1/2010 at 21:14

Booking Companies!

Posted by jakethedog on 2/1/2010 at 04:13

Does anyone have info re booking companies such as Sawadee, Asiarooms or Agoda? There are so many mixed reviews out there on other sites I was looking for comments opinions whether good or bad on these diffeent companies. I have looked at pricing for hotels which seems good and was suppose to include taxes etc , but when i go to book, the price is much more expensive. Regards Dan ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,056 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by tezza on 2/1/2010 at 18:41

Passport photos in Chiang Khong

Posted by damo on 2/1/2010 at 17:34

Hey, does anyone know if it's possible to get passport photos taken in Chiang Khong? I don't have any and have to pass into Laos in a couple of days. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,195 times, with no replies.

No lodging! No Itinerary!

Posted by jakethedog on 14/12/2009 at 13:32

Wife and I are heading to Thailand from 15Feb to 11Mar and I am doing a bit more work to get some sort of itinerary going. My question is.. when do I need to start booking some places to stay so we wont be left out in the cold so to speak ?( -15C in northern Ontario right now) We plan to go nort for the first couple of weeks and then south to beaches for the last 10 days or so. I know this is a very broad general question but I am wondering if I need to book something NOW or can it wait ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,774 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by sirhalberd on 2/1/2010 at 10:16

Bike Tours in Phuket or/and/vs Bangkok

Posted by sallyng on 25/12/2009 at 04:06

I am interested in doing a bike tour in either Bangkok or Thailand. I am a moderate road cyclist and am ok with a moderately-hard intensity, or even just an easy ride. My family (ages 57, 26, 27, and 3) who aren't super active, may also join. So if anyone has any suggestions for recommendations for either city or companies, I would really appreciate them. Also, please indicate whether they are appropriate for families or for just other avid cyclists. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,880 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 2/1/2010 at 08:23

Mae Hong Son Loop

Posted by Dutchgirl on 21/12/2009 at 03:01

Hi, My husband and I will travel to Thailand in Feb. It's our first time there and we're really excited about it. Allready got some great information from this site, thank you all! This is our plan for the first week. We arrive on 6th Feb in Chiang Mai and after a few days there, we'll drive with our rental pickup truck the Mae Hong Son Loop. The plan is to start on 8th Feb at Doi Inthanon Park and sleep in Mae Chaem , the next day drive to Soppong (Pang Mapha) to stay at Cavelodge. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,505 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by Dutchgirl on 2/1/2010 at 05:28

Bangkok Airport

Posted by Bilby09 on 29/12/2009 at 13:02

Hi, Just wondering if anyone knows if the Sky Train route from Suvarnabhumi airport is open yet? Or would taxi/bus still be the best way to get into the city? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,847 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by khunwilko on 1/1/2010 at 22:25

Had Salad Roads

Posted by Kennyd on 1/1/2010 at 05:21

Can anyone advise on the current state of the roads in the north west of Koh Phangan up to Had Salad. I've not been beyond Had Yao before and am looking to stay at Had Salad on my next visit. However, I'd like a base which would enable me to be able to get around the island by scooter without risking death everytime I venture out of town. Any advice would be appreciated. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,123 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by Kennyd on 1/1/2010 at 16:32

Farmstay suggestions?

Posted by ndemik on 31/12/2009 at 02:48

Anyone have advice or leads for farmstay opportunities in Thailand? My wife and I are looking for somewhere chill where we can relax and help out a bit without getting in the way. We probably have no more than a week to spend. Thanks, Eli ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,012 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by swag on 1/1/2010 at 05:31

The month of march in thailand and vietnam

Posted by moving2008 on 2/10/2007 at 16:49

Hi all to of us guys are going to vietnam and thailand in march,not sure if we can do both counties but we\'ll see as we go. This is the plan so far,FLY to syd-saigon ,do na trang ,hoi an,halong bay,,hanio then fly to chaing mai train ayutthaya,kanchanaburi,bangkok fly to phuket and do phi phi and finish at ko samui to relax fot 2-3 days. I know this sounds crazy ,but what do you guys think,any suggestions on different route and accommadation welcomed.If anyone would like to join us feel free, ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,712 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by Armando696 on 1/1/2010 at 04:50

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page