Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Elephants in Southern Thailand?

Posted by cheeco on 15/1/2010 at 16:38

Hi everyone, I was just wondering if there is an Elephant center in southeast Thailand, specifically on Koh Tao/Phangan/Samui? I see the Eco Nature Tour on Phangan, but I don't want to see an elephant show of any kind- something more like the Lampang center or the center in Chiang Mai. This might be a stretch, but I thought I would ask as I can't seem to find info elsewhere. Thanks! Robyn ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,694 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by MADMAC on 15/1/2010 at 16:59

3 week itinerary tweaking

Posted by kbjhtravel on 10/1/2010 at 02:12

My friend and i are going to thailand April 29, for about 3 weeks. we are flying into Bangkok and will arrive late that night, would you suggest we stay in a hostel or hotel the first night being there? We are planning these Places and are not sure how long to stay at each place, Bangkok--> Chaing Mai--> Phuket + islands--> a city right outside of bangkok--> bangkok im not to sure how to allocate our days in each place, i want to make sure we have enough time at each location to expe ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,365 times, with no replies.

A few things

Posted by jeffuk on 15/1/2010 at 15:26

Hi guys, I land in Bangkok next week, can't wait. My girlfriend has decided to join me on the 27th, she's flying into Koh Samui but wont be there until around 5pm will there still be boats over to Koh Phangan at this time? Also she really wants to stay in Haad Rin for the full moon party, does anyone know of anywhere that might not be overly advertised where we may get a room, what are the chances of me turning up on the 24-25th and being able to secure a room? everywhere seems booked up ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 907 times, with no replies.

Posted by L_Graham on 8/1/2010 at 04:28

hey guys im going to pattaya firstly at the start of my 5-6 month travels mainly because i have a friend who is comin over for 3 weeks for a holiday and he wants to go, after that i shall be travlling around on my own which i am so much looking forward to, i jst would like to know the main area in pattaya like the liveliest part or street, ive been to patong, phuket and it was bangla road there what is it in pattaya? thanks all Liam ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,074 times, with 11 replies. Last reply by sirhalberd on 15/1/2010 at 10:26

Following the Mekong from Nong Khai (Tilapia?)

Posted by exacto on 13/1/2009 at 23:52

This question is primarily for Tilapia but I'd love to hear from others too. I'm looking to spend some time later this year following the Mekong both up and down river from Nong Khai. I did this nearly a decade ago now and it was very charming, old-school Thailand backpacker with bamboo along the waterside. You'd mentioned in an earlier post about hiring a motor scooter from Nong Khai as an option for travel. What about other possibilities? How good/frequent/reliable is the local transpor ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 7,588 times, with 24 replies. Last reply by exacto on 15/1/2010 at 08:42

Many traveling questions....

Posted by mm716 on 14/1/2010 at 00:26

Hello, I need some help with planing the details of a 14 days trip from Bangkok to Ko Tao and Ko Pha Ngan. The Arriving time to BKK is 8:15pm, I thought the best way is to take the over night train down to Chumphon and ferry to Ko Tao, stay for a few days, than down to Ko Pha Ngan, stay for a few more days, than back to Bangkok for a few more days. (I have budget concerns and have no credit card to prebook anything.) Here are my questions: 1. Is is likely to be able to catch an over n ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,130 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by mm716 on 14/1/2010 at 20:32

Monastery stay for females

Posted by idreamofdurian on 13/1/2010 at 01:17

Can anyone recommend a monastery for females interested in Buddhism? A short stay (i.e. < 1 week) is preferable. Location doesn't matter -- I'll go wherever necessary. This would be in March 2010. Any suggestions appreciated! Thanks. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 7,282 times, with 9 replies. Last reply by shadek on 14/1/2010 at 17:06

Posted by aryko822 on 13/1/2010 at 03:47

Hello All - I am planning on being in SE Asia for the entire month of April, arriving in Bangkok the first week of Apr. How would you advise I handle the Songkran holiday? What city should I spend it in? Also, i did not plan on booking anything in advance except for the first few nights in Bangkok, so how should I handle accommodations over the Songkran holiday? Thanks in advance everyone! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,254 times, with 8 replies. Last reply by khunwilko on 14/1/2010 at 08:44

Backpackers boongalows on Kho Chang?

Posted by zencooler on 20/12/2009 at 20:51

Hi friends! Do you know is there any place on Kho Chang island with relativey cheap boongalows? I am looking for such place with prices max 180 BHT per night. Let me know, please. I've been here two years ago, but I heard a lot cheap places has been removed (or moved somewhere else from the island). Thanks in advance for the help! Regards Zencooler ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,179 times, with 8 replies. Last reply by magella82 on 14/1/2010 at 05:43

Low Key things to do in Chiang Rai

Posted by billbevan01 on 13/1/2010 at 20:24

if you like hanging out in a town for a little while doing some low-key visiting rather than just touring big tourist attractions here are some of my favourite things to while away some time in Chiang Rai - Low Key Chiang Rai Cheers, Bill ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,767 times, with no replies.

Ko Samui Songkran accomodation

Posted by NewbieC on 5/1/2010 at 20:45

Hi there Our travels are starting in a month and I can't wait!! We're planning on being in Ko Samui for Songkran in April...does anyone have any ideas whether we need to book accomodation in advance (probably only arrive the day before)? Thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,423 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by ch04bq on 13/1/2010 at 10:19

Leaving Phuket

Posted by mic59 on 11/1/2010 at 15:06

I am going to Phuket this year but only expect to stay a few days before moving on to some less expensive part of Thailand. What is the best way to leave the Island? And can I get to Bangkok from there other than using Thai which seems to charge like a wounded bull for that flight. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,408 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by idreamofdurian on 13/1/2010 at 01:19

Where to go between Ko Tao and Bangkok?

Posted by Monula on 8/1/2010 at 12:03

HI everyone, My 3 months of backpacking around SE Asia are almost over and I have less than a week to go before I head to Bangkok. I've been in Ko Tao for last 10 days with my friends who are leaving in 2 days. Where would you recommend to see and stay between KO Tao and Bangkok? My situation is AM very overbudget so I can't affort much. ANy suggestion will help. thanks MOnika ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,019 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by Monula on 12/1/2010 at 16:30

Where to go?! Help Please!

Posted by 00becz00 on 12/1/2010 at 08:33

Hey.. Im hoping someone can help me... Im leaving for a month in Thailand next VERY excited..but finding it a little difficult to decide on some sort of route. There are only a few of things that i specifically want to do whilst there... 1) The full moon party on the 30th of Jan...which ive booked accommodation for...and 2) Krabi and Phi Phi 3) Chaing Mai/Rai and Laos Im unsure which way round to do the travelling...go to the north first then the islands or the othe ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,014 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by chrispyrolls on 12/1/2010 at 14:06

Bang Saphan Yai?

Posted by MaxEliza on 9/1/2010 at 17:33

Can anyone tell more about Bang Saphan Yai? I've read all information from this site about it, but i would like to know more about place.. has anyone been there? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,908 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by chrispyrolls on 11/1/2010 at 20:39

Thailand, Laos and Vietnam in 18 days?

Posted by npar2696 on 7/1/2010 at 12:14

Fly into BKK on 5th, staying a night there and then thinking of heading straight upto Chiang Mai, spend a couple of days there and then fancy going tubing in Laos, 1) Whats the best way to get to Laos (also is it Vang Vieng where you can go tubing?) after which we want to spend majority of our time in Vietnam, It should be just over 10 days that we have to go to vietnam so I would really appreciate some thought as to the best way to see Vietnam and probably the quickest transport routes? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,731 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 11/1/2010 at 14:14

Bugs in your room

Posted by luce_uk on 8/1/2010 at 03:32

Hi, I am just wondering with the cheaper backpacker beach bungalow/hut type accommodation in and around SEA, what is the bug situation like? Do you get bugs come in the rooms loads, i read somewhere they can drop down from the thatched roofs and i have a massive phobia of pretty much anything with more than 4 legs so serious replies on this, would be appreciated. Thank you! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,657 times, with 14 replies. Last reply by Seba on 10/1/2010 at 18:24

Looking for a travelmate

Posted by Kamchatka on 24/12/2009 at 17:23

Going to be in Thailand in February, starting from 6th. Looking for someone who does not want,to travel on his/her own. Please drop me a line if ur looking for a company to travel around. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,118 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by yvpsquad125 on 10/1/2010 at 13:12

Advice please - easiest island to access from Kanchanaburi?

Posted by JessandScott on 6/1/2010 at 13:57

Hi everyone I'm hoping someone can help... we're doing the early planning for a trip to Thailand in very early 2011 and I'd like some advice. Our (my husb and I) plan is to fly into Bangkok, and then fly directly to Chiang Mai for a week or so in Chiang Mai (though are open to Rai) and Chiang Dao. Then we plan on traveling back to Bangkok to meet up with my Mum and brother (18) for about 4 days in Bangkok, and then on to Kanchanaburi . So far so good. After a few days in Kanchanaburi we ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,752 times, with 8 replies. Last reply by JessandScott on 10/1/2010 at 11:53

Booking the train from Aranyaprathet to Bangkok

Posted by magicpixiejo on 9/1/2010 at 15:37

Hi all...lots of info around about travelling Bangkok to Siem Reap but not alot for the other direction. Does anyone know if you need to book train tickets in advance for the Aranyaprathet to Bangkok train or if we can just rock up after crossing the border and hop on the next train? Thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,123 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by sayadian on 9/1/2010 at 18:30

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page