Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Changing Chinese Yuan to Thai Baht

Posted by Preacher on 21/1/2010 at 17:31

I live in China and am coming over in Feb. Is it possible to change large amounts of Chinese Yuan in Bangkok? I'll have to change a bit at the airport to get into the city, but once I'm there are banks my best bet? Thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,147 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by mm716 on 24/1/2010 at 21:41

Elephant Nature Park

Posted by JenW on 11/1/2009 at 19:44

Hi, Has anyone been to Elephant Nature Park near Chiang Mai? Im starting a volunteer placement on Mon 2nd Feb -if anyone's done it any advice would be be great. Also -i have 3 days before starting with the elephants -(Fri/Sat/Sun)-would you recommend i go straight to Chiang Mai, or spend a couple days in Bangkok? Thanks! Jen ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,240 times, with 11 replies. Last reply by EmjayReet on 24/1/2010 at 16:03

From Lanta to BKK - Bus or Train???

Posted by shadek on 23/1/2010 at 22:06

I'm planning on leaving Lanta with the 8am ferry to Krabi. Was wondering if it's best to take an overnight bus back to BKK or head to Surat Thani and take the overnight train. The later seems to take longer, since i'll have to take the bus to ST. Does anyone have a good experience with the night bus from Krabi? Thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 851 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by Lother on 24/1/2010 at 01:34

From Sihanoukville to Ko Chang - border issues

Posted by shadek on 23/1/2010 at 20:08

I will enter Cambodia through Poipet and go down PP and Sihanoukville, and from there I thought to cross the border at Hat Lek to get to Ko Chang. I've read a couple of posts here about the bad reputation of staff at Hat Lek, but since I will be leaving Cambodia and won't need to deal with them to get a Visa, I was wondering if it should be fine???? Thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,934 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by Lother on 24/1/2010 at 01:25

recommendeed accaomoadtion on ko kradan

Posted by ceedee1 on 23/1/2010 at 02:25

oop sory double post. my apogies..... phohm siia jai:) ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,977 times, with no replies.

What else to do or see in Bangkok after seeing almost everything???

Posted by Monula on 17/1/2010 at 18:44

Hi everyone, this is my third trip to Bangkok in last 3 months and possible the last one for some time. I stayed about 4 days each time and managed to see all important things what a tourist supposed to see...like Grand Palace, main wats, taking a boat, markets, taking 1 day trip to Kochanabury, Auyattuya, crocodile show etc. I know there's still so much to see but I need help.... I was thinking about to go to Siam Ocean World but heard it's not really worth money unless you have kids. I'm a ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,906 times, with 11 replies. Last reply by kiwijedi on 22/1/2010 at 20:31

Chiang Mai Day Trip

Posted by Bilby09 on 4/1/2010 at 18:49

Hi, My hubby and I will be spending 4 days in Chiang Mai at the end of this month and were hoping to do a Day Trip to see some of the surrounding scenery. Does anyone have any recommendations? I was considering going to Chiang Dao or Doi Inthanon National Park (although we will be staying at Khao Sok NP later on). We like hiking but are not necessarily looking for hill tribes or rafting although would be up for an elphant ride if available. Thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,367 times, with 8 replies. Last reply by Halilee on 21/1/2010 at 10:44

Cheap places to stay for single traveller in Railay and Ko Lanta

Posted by madSEM on 19/1/2010 at 14:41

I'm travelling down to Railay and Ko Lanta in a few days time. Could anyone suggest a cheap place to stay in either of these places? Your help is much appreciated. Thank you, Steve ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,576 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by busylizzy on 20/1/2010 at 22:10

Which of these can I skip?

Posted by Preacher on 20/1/2010 at 10:05

I'm getting into Bangkok on February 8th late at night and leave Kuala Lumpur on February 22nd early in the morning. I mainly want to get in some R & R by the beach with minimum crowds. This is my schedule so far, but I think it is a little hectic so would appreciate some advice as to what I should cut from the itinerary. Feb. 8th & 9th - Bangkok Feb. 10th - 12th - Fly to Phuket morning, get out of there fast and head to Ko Phi Phi Feb. 13 - 16 - Ko Kradan w/ trip to Ko Rok 17 - 19 ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,128 times, with no replies.

Trekking and relaxing in northern Thailand: where?

Posted by gawe on 19/1/2010 at 18:00

I ask for your help, because I cannot decide where I should go to. I love nature, gardening, walking, trekking, picture taking, reading,... I will arrive in Chiang Mai on jan.30 and come back to CM on feb 5th. In these days I want to do some trekking in the most beautiful area with scenic views and get to know, how people live there. I still remember the wonderful trekking around Um Phang and want to have similar experiences. I don't need elephant riding, but going on a river would be o.k. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,784 times, with no replies.

Custom Accomodations In Thailand, Specifically Koh Lipe

Posted by kenyb21 on 19/1/2010 at 15:27

Hi, all: New to Travelfish and my sister and I have a question regarding bungalow accommodations while traveling in Thailand. Our current concern is that we really like the looks of a few places on Koh Lipe, but we can't seem to find if the resorts will accommodate us with two twin beds rather than one double bed. We're not keen on sleeping in the same bed together and we're hoping not to be limited to staying in "family" sized rooms which are usually much more expensive. Has anyone been ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,553 times, with no replies.

BKK airport- great tranfer lounge

Posted by boleslav on 19/1/2010 at 00:59

We traveled to Bangkok and had 4 hours at the Suvarnabhumi airport between the flights. Were hoping to find a place to wait it out and found very comfortable transfer lounge with huge reclining chairs, that one can lay on as in the bed. The access to this lounge is for the passengers with any connecting flights, it's located on the 3rd level on the way to gates B1-B6. There are approx. 25 chairs, the area is quiet, a bit cold from the A/C but still that's much better option to the cold metal ch ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,385 times, with no replies.

Ko Tao in February

Posted by alexrlynn on 8/1/2010 at 08:55

What's the crowd like in Ko Tao around this time of year? I'm just wondering if it will be overrun in the begining of Feb due to the Full Moon Party. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,085 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by pspoulin on 18/1/2010 at 19:00

Seeking a Nice Place to Arrive near Bangkok

Posted by yidakimason on 18/1/2010 at 10:57

Hey Folks, my family and I are planning to come to Thailand march 12... We are hoping to find a nice place to start off, near Bangkok, but in a great spot to wake up after the gruelling journey from Canada with 3 kids..... My thoughts were to head from the airport to a mellower spot than Bangkok, to decompress for a few days after the flights... Any suggestions for a great place to start off on the right foot.. I have visions of a smaller town with great views, laid back, yet within an hour of t ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,763 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by exacto on 18/1/2010 at 18:12

nakhon si thammarat thailand to Ko-Phan-Ngan? Or betteer beaches down south?

Posted by blueflowers987 on 17/1/2010 at 23:07

Hello, On the 27 february we will take the plane form Bkk to nakhon si thammarat thailand. It will be our first time in south Thailand. We will have spend 2 busy weeks in the north visitng.The idea is to find a nice beach with for a last week chill off. I do not know if it's worth to go up to KO Phan-Ngan (and yes how, by taxi to Surat Thani then Ferry?) Or does anyone now if there are some nice beaches closer...any suggestions are welcome. We will land in nakhon si thammarat at 15h50...the i ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,916 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by fondo on 18/1/2010 at 16:46

Traveler's Checks inThailand

Posted by husqvarna on 16/1/2010 at 22:51

I have read many of the posts about using traveler's checks in Thailand and all seemed positive. I was however, told by AAA (American Automobile Association) when I wanted to get some from them that most merchants in Thailand would no longer take them due to ease of counterfeiting the checks. Is there any validity to this claim or are they just shinin me on? Thanks for any input. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,166 times, with 10 replies. Last reply by fondo on 18/1/2010 at 16:37

Getting to Taling Chan, from the airport ?

Posted by garthibiza on 18/1/2010 at 15:46

G'day everyone, After reading about the wonderful Taling Chan floating market on TravelFish, we want to visit it. Please does anyone know how best to get there from the Airport Suvarnabhumi ? Thanks, garthibiza. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,205 times, with no replies.

Thong Nai Pan question

Posted by emma066 on 13/1/2010 at 20:34

Bit random but does anyone know if you can easily walk between Noi and Yai beaches on Koh Phangan? We're meeting people on Yai but Noi sounds like a better location, so could we walk across or not?! Thanks, Emma ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,133 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by siamtravels on 18/1/2010 at 11:34

Thai travel Cambodia-Vietnam [return]

Posted by AussieCamper on 18/1/2010 at 11:30

Hello, this is my first post here so sorry if this is out of place. I am going to Thailand in 2 weeks and want to know the best way to travel through Cambodia to Vietnam and back, seeing all the "must see's" along the way. Any other information that could be useful on my trip would be much appreciated (Interested in finding out about things to watch out for and how to keep safe). ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,436 times, with no replies.

Is this itinerary good for what I'm looking for??

Posted by Preacher on 17/1/2010 at 09:56

Hi, I'm looking to spend 10-14 days in Thailand this coming February and am looking to spend some time relaxing by the beach, diving, snorkeling, swimming, etc. The more isolated the better - I'm not a fan of crowds. Right now I'm flying into Bangkok and then from there flying to Phuket and then to either Ko Phi Phi, Ko Kradan, Ko Rok, Ko Tarutao, Ko Adang, Ko Lipe, Ko Bulon Lae, or Kao Lao Liang. Which of those would you recommend for a 10 - 14 day trip of relaxing on the beach? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,067 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by SBE on 17/1/2010 at 16:18

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page