Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Thailand, Laos, Vietnam, back to Thailand

Posted by gericdublin on 5/3/2010 at 05:02

Hi all I'm planning a 5week trip of Thailand, and hopefully Laos and maybe Vietnam for July. Judging by previous comments, I'm trying to get in a bit too much!? I would appreciate opinions on this. Plan to fly into bangkok, from here maybe fly to chiang mai. Have been looking at treking and elephant treks and that sort of adventure here! Then plan going from chiang mai into laos. I'm not sure how to do this. Flying seems to be expensive - flights I've looked at anyway! Again I'm still n ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,726 times, with no replies.

Book your Thailand travel tickets online
  Buy train, bus and ferry tickets online.

Cookery courses NOT in Chiang Mai

Posted by Seonach on 24/2/2010 at 07:52

Hi everyone, it's my first post, so here goes!! I have four weeks in Thailand this summer; planning a few days in Bangkok, Ko Phi Phi, and Khao Sok National Park, and not sure after that. I'd like to do a cookery course but it seems like you can only do them in Chiang Mai ; I'm reluctant to make the trek up to Chiang Mai as it seems the principal reason to do so is to go trekking to the hill tribes, which really doesn't appeal to me. Is there anywhere down south to do a good cookery course, ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,704 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by rrose on 5/3/2010 at 00:35

Teaching English in Thailand

Posted by corvusblue on 1/12/2009 at 06:32

Hi, I am interested in teaching English in Thailand (especially at the primary school level). I was wondering if anyone can suggest English language centers in Thailand and/or share their experiences teaching. Thank you so much! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,828 times, with 14 replies. Last reply by christay2009 on 4/3/2010 at 19:24

Safety of Thailand and Asia in general

Posted by keatonec on 3/3/2010 at 05:02

I was wondering how safe it really is to travel around Thailand and Asia without being apart of a tour or something else. Is left a big deal on over night trains or in general? Me and my girlfriend are planning on going to SEA and I have heard different things about it but I would like some other opinions. Thanks allot for your help. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,618 times, with 8 replies. Last reply by bedu on 3/3/2010 at 21:20

Thai Visa still free?

Posted by Mangala on 3/3/2010 at 17:11

Hi Im asking as I just applied for another 60 day visa via the consulate in Vientiane, to cover for when I need to be in Thailand to see my parents. However, once I gave over my forms and passport, the clerk didnt direct me to the other building on the grounds of the consulate to pay. When I asked her if I had to she said "no. finished", now this was at 10am so I imagine that building hadnt stopped work. Does this mean when I go back tomorrow with the paper she gave me with a number on ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,046 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by Mangala on 3/3/2010 at 17:35

Best island for diving/getting your Beginner PADI certificate.

Posted by EmilAndersen on 21/1/2010 at 14:56

Hi guys and girls. I'm looking for a place to get my Beginner PADI certificate. Do you guys know any good places to get it? the best island and the best school with the best theachers? The last thing i would like to know is where is the best place to buy your diving/scuba gear? IM planning on scubadiving and diving pretty much in my 3 month trip. im thinking i should have my own goggles, snorkel and fins. Should i get anything else? Is the best place Bangkok or the islang? Kindest Reg ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 8,418 times, with 10 replies. Last reply by greenman42 on 3/3/2010 at 10:58

Bus from Khon Kaen

Posted by salford6 on 2/3/2010 at 07:11

I need to travel from Khon Kaen to Ubon Rachathani or Khong Jiam by bus or other means,any help on buses and how long? Thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,596 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by salford6 on 3/3/2010 at 08:30

3 Weeks in South East Asia

Posted by Tumper on 2/3/2010 at 13:41

Hi, I'm in the process of planning a flying visit to south east asia and was looking for some advice about what's a must see! I had planned on spending around 10-12 days in thiland and the remainder in laos and cambodia, looking to just go tubing in laos really and spend max 3 days there! Any information about what's a must do in these area's would be really helpful. Also looking to travel on a budget and gather that wont be to hard in this region but to avoid flights would be good. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 6,920 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by tinoh on 2/3/2010 at 20:12

Bangkok to Ko Chang - stopover ideas?

Posted by smellel on 25/2/2010 at 12:18

Hi all, We’re am travelling from Bangkok to Cambodia (leaving 9th March) and would like to stop at Ko Chang for some beach time. We are just getting back into the swing of backpacking again so I’m not sure we’re keen on doing the 5 hour bus journey in one day. (And we also feel like we might be missing something travelling so far in 1 day.) Is there anywhere worthwhile stopping on the direct route to Trat/Ko Chang, or are we better perhaps going via Ko Samet ? Going ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,680 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by khunwilko on 2/3/2010 at 15:58

1st Timer Thailand

Posted by samsubzsam on 1/3/2010 at 10:43

Hey, i am flying to thai on june 19th. wanting to fly straight to phuket for 6 nights, then koh samui for 5, and finish in bangkok for 3 nights. Any suggestions on the best way to travel domesticly? also is it better to plan my whole trip now and pay, or do it as i go? please help young group of friends. wanting to party, explore and have fun ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,535 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by shadek on 1/3/2010 at 20:30

thailand 6 week budget

Posted by keiranbarnes on 17/1/2010 at 23:38

hi all. me and my girlfriend are coming to thailand for 6 weeks in febuary and was wondering what sort of budget we should be aiming for?its our first time here so want to explore and see alot...the islands,bangkok,chaing mai and other things on the way.we are happy to eat cheap and will obviously share a room ect.any rough ideas about how much baht we should budget for each day to live,travel eat ect comfortably?many thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,321 times, with 19 replies. Last reply by Danlo on 1/3/2010 at 18:04

Chill place near Bangkokg to hunker down with a toddler for a few days in April?

Posted by daphnehk on 1/3/2010 at 02:03

For complicated reasons I find myself likely to be in the vicinity of Bangkok for a couple of days in April, seven months pregnant, toddler in tow, and with my husband not around. Short of fleeing directly to a beach, can anyone recommend the best place to sit this out and have a good time - maybe train to Kanchanaburi? Or is it just too sweltering for that to be fun? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,470 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by daphnehk on 1/3/2010 at 06:01

Where to go??

Posted by DaviPigg on 28/2/2010 at 03:01

Never been to Thailand before and looking for some advice on which island/resort to spend about 5 days on. Like everyone else, I am after powder white sand, crystal clear water, the beauty of Phi Phi but without the crowds and hyped prices. Dont want partying, just somewhere with a few bars/restaurants. So far I have been considering Ko Lanta, Koh Phangan. Where would you recommend? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,300 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by DaviPigg on 28/2/2010 at 21:55

all four countries help please

Posted by sharpie on 28/2/2010 at 10:19

hi, first post here. my partner and i will be travelling for a extended period of time 6 months + later this year. we would like to travel overland around thailand, laos, cambodia and vietnam,. I have checked out the Itinerary section but would like some opinions on weather to go thailand cambodia or thailand laos first? thank you ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,074 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by MADMAC on 28/2/2010 at 19:30

Songkran traffic?

Posted by blackpepper14 on 26/2/2010 at 10:32

Hi...I have taken the plunge and am NOT changing flight plans and will arrive in BKK on 4/13 at about 7:00p.m. I have booked a place in BKK and have read about taxi transport from the airport. I am wondering if travelling into BKK the first day of Songkran will be a traffic nightmare? I have arrived in Bali at "sunset" and it is a jam getting into Kuta and the drivers "want more" and complain the whole way...I'm hoping for a "normal" ride to the hotel? As well,is it hard to get around thes ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,080 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by wanderingcat on 27/2/2010 at 12:24

BTR Skytrain to Suvanabhumi?

Posted by Pjotra on 27/2/2010 at 11:15

Hi there! Does anybody know if the Skytrain connection from Suvanabhumi Airport to Makkasan station downtown Bangkok, promised for opening early 2010 is already functioning? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,540 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by wanderingcat on 27/2/2010 at 12:10

NEW OPEN ***JUNGLE GARDEN *** IN BAILAN, KOH CHANG

Posted by junglegarden on 22/2/2010 at 15:39

Sawadee khrap! We would like to introduce our lovely "Jungle Garden" in Bailan on Koh Chang to everybody who is looking out for a cosy hideout place away from the noisy crowd of Lonely Beach! We offer you a beautiful garden setting with chill out atmosphere, nice background music, Cocktails for only 100 Baht and all kind of Travel Information. And for the late night hunger we offer yummy western food like baken baguettes and more. Feel welcome in our little "Jungle Garden" and enjoy the stars ab ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,055 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by junglegarden on 26/2/2010 at 23:20

Where to learn kite surfing at which rate?

Posted by jonasz on 24/2/2010 at 05:28

Hey, I've been searching the inet (particularly this site) and I'm still wondering where I should go to learn kite surfing. I'm going the whole march to Thailand and I'm traveling on rather a budget ;) I'd be glad for any advices! greetz Jonas ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,463 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by francesstella on 26/2/2010 at 20:37

A Little Help!?

Posted by davie85 on 26/2/2010 at 04:43

Hey, Me and a freind are traverling on march 22nd flying to ... Bangkok,leavin 25th thinking maybe getting a bus to Chumphon and then a boat to Ko Tao stay there till the Fullmoon Party on the 30th, we will get a boat to koh phangan, Was wondering if anyone had any advice on getting to samui from koh pangan?? then wanted to get a boat ideally from samui to surat thani anfd a bus to Krabi maybe stop off at railay, then to PhiPhi, and Koh Lanta .... Now we wanted to go to ca ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,002 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by tezza on 26/2/2010 at 14:59

New 'proof of cash' requirement to enter Thailand - or is it?

Posted by busylizzy on 23/2/2010 at 03:33

I have just received a travel news article that has indicated that as of 19 Feb, tourists must carry a minimum of 10,000 baht when they arrive in Thailand. I did a quick google search for more info (very slow and limited as I am on dial-up! argh!) - and only came across a discussion on Thaivisa.com, which suggests that this may be an old, legacy requirement rarely enforced. So I'm not so sure but just thought I'd raise it here for discussion. As per the original post on thaivisa.com, the ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 10,449 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by mullup on 25/2/2010 at 20:56

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page