Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Ko Samui Songkran accomodation

Posted by NewbieC on 5/1/2010 at 20:45

Hi there Our travels are starting in a month and I can't wait!! We're planning on being in Ko Samui for Songkran in April...does anyone have any ideas whether we need to book accomodation in advance (probably only arrive the day before)? Thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,431 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by ch04bq on 13/1/2010 at 10:19

Leaving Phuket

Posted by mic59 on 11/1/2010 at 15:06

I am going to Phuket this year but only expect to stay a few days before moving on to some less expensive part of Thailand. What is the best way to leave the Island? And can I get to Bangkok from there other than using Thai which seems to charge like a wounded bull for that flight. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,413 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by idreamofdurian on 13/1/2010 at 01:19

Where to go between Ko Tao and Bangkok?

Posted by Monula on 8/1/2010 at 12:03

HI everyone, My 3 months of backpacking around SE Asia are almost over and I have less than a week to go before I head to Bangkok. I've been in Ko Tao for last 10 days with my friends who are leaving in 2 days. Where would you recommend to see and stay between KO Tao and Bangkok? My situation is AM very overbudget so I can't affort much. ANy suggestion will help. thanks MOnika ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,025 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by Monula on 12/1/2010 at 16:30

Where to go?! Help Please!

Posted by 00becz00 on 12/1/2010 at 08:33

Hey.. Im hoping someone can help me... Im leaving for a month in Thailand next week...am VERY excited..but finding it a little difficult to decide on some sort of route. There are only a few of things that i specifically want to do whilst there... 1) The full moon party on the 30th of Jan...which ive booked accommodation for...and 2) Krabi and Phi Phi 3) Chaing Mai/Rai and Laos Im unsure which way round to do the travelling...go to the north first then the islands or the othe ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,018 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by chrispyrolls on 12/1/2010 at 14:06

Bang Saphan Yai?

Posted by MaxEliza on 9/1/2010 at 17:33

Can anyone tell more about Bang Saphan Yai? I've read all information from this site about it, but i would like to know more about place.. has anyone been there? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,920 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by chrispyrolls on 11/1/2010 at 20:39

Thailand, Laos and Vietnam in 18 days?

Posted by npar2696 on 7/1/2010 at 12:14

Fly into BKK on 5th, staying a night there and then thinking of heading straight upto Chiang Mai, spend a couple of days there and then fancy going tubing in Laos, 1) Whats the best way to get to Laos (also is it Vang Vieng where you can go tubing?) after which we want to spend majority of our time in Vietnam, It should be just over 10 days that we have to go to vietnam so I would really appreciate some thought as to the best way to see Vietnam and probably the quickest transport routes? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,744 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 11/1/2010 at 14:14

Bugs in your room

Posted by luce_uk on 8/1/2010 at 03:32

Hi, I am just wondering with the cheaper backpacker beach bungalow/hut type accommodation in and around SEA, what is the bug situation like? Do you get bugs come in the rooms loads, i read somewhere they can drop down from the thatched roofs and i have a massive phobia of pretty much anything with more than 4 legs so serious replies on this, would be appreciated. Thank you! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,711 times, with 14 replies. Last reply by Seba on 10/1/2010 at 18:24

Looking for a travelmate

Posted by Kamchatka on 24/12/2009 at 17:23

Going to be in Thailand in February, starting from 6th. Looking for someone who does not want,to travel on his/her own. Please drop me a line if ur looking for a company to travel around. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,125 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by yvpsquad125 on 10/1/2010 at 13:12

Advice please - easiest island to access from Kanchanaburi?

Posted by JessandScott on 6/1/2010 at 13:57

Hi everyone I'm hoping someone can help... we're doing the early planning for a trip to Thailand in very early 2011 and I'd like some advice. Our (my husb and I) plan is to fly into Bangkok, and then fly directly to Chiang Mai for a week or so in Chiang Mai (though are open to Rai) and Chiang Dao. Then we plan on traveling back to Bangkok to meet up with my Mum and brother (18) for about 4 days in Bangkok, and then on to Kanchanaburi . So far so good. After a few days in Kanchanaburi we ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,828 times, with 8 replies. Last reply by JessandScott on 10/1/2010 at 11:53

Booking the train from Aranyaprathet to Bangkok

Posted by magicpixiejo on 9/1/2010 at 15:37

Hi all...lots of info around about travelling Bangkok to Siem Reap but not alot for the other direction. Does anyone know if you need to book train tickets in advance for the Aranyaprathet to Bangkok train or if we can just rock up after crossing the border and hop on the next train? Thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,130 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by sayadian on 9/1/2010 at 18:30

contact information for hin wong bungalows ko tao...Thanks!.

Posted by elizacass on 9/1/2010 at 03:40

Ive heard this place is great and where to be to get away from it all..Does anyone been to this place and how are the beaches there? do you have an email or any contact information for them? is it better to take the taxi or longboat from the ferry pier? I apperciate any help! Thanks so much...elizabeth ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,279 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by elizacass on 9/1/2010 at 13:35

Self Drive Suvarnabhumi to Kanchanaburi

Posted by ano_1 on 8/1/2010 at 05:49

Hi, Can I please get some opinions on the feasability of picking up a car at Suvarnabmi Airport and driving to Kanchanaburi . I have previously driven in Thailand but not in any area that would be akin to Bangkok! I have to move 5 people from Suvarnabumi to Kanchanaburi and then when in Kanchanaburi intend renting a car to get about. If driving from airport to Kanchanaburi is doable, seems easier option than bussing it. Your thoughts most welcome Ano Australia ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,744 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by khunwilko on 9/1/2010 at 10:36

Great diving with short boat rides needed.

Posted by abj on 8/1/2010 at 12:02

Hi I am looking for a great resort with great diving in Palawan in the Philippines. Key is really short boat rides and/or a great house reef. We have a 2.5 year old son coming with us and so we need to keep close to share care and diving and even sneak a dive or 2 togeather. Places we have been that are similar to what we are looking for are Wakatobi in Indo and Roatan in Honduras... Any ideas welcome! Cheers Alastair ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,538 times, with no replies.

Phuket to Khao Sok in afternoon

Posted by tiare123 on 16/12/2009 at 09:41

I am trying to get from Phuket to Khao Sok at around 4:30 pm on Jan. 3, after all the buses have departed (I will be coming from Phi Phi afternoon ferry). I would prefer not to pay 3000B for a taxi. I saw online that there are minivans near Montree Resotel going to Surat Thani from Phuket that leave at a later time. Does anyone know how to get these minivans and if they drop people off in Khao Sok? Thank you!!! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,271 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by moogbert on 8/1/2010 at 10:01

visiting Australia - need recommendations on places to visit

Posted by melloluis on 7/1/2010 at 19:16

Hey guys, I know Australia is not covered in this site, but I know many of u live or have been in australia, so I was wondering who can recomend me an itinerary or cities/places to visit. I'm going in february 2010 and will stay for about 1 month. Thanks very much for your help!!! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,098 times, with no replies.

Getting Around Ko Tao

Posted by alexrlynn on 5/1/2010 at 14:53

I am heading to to Ko Pha Ngan at the end of January for the Full Moon Party and then to Ko Tao to relax/recover. I was wondering about getting around Ko Tao. I want to stay in a nice, relaxing area and Chalok Ban Kao seems perfect, but I still want to enjoy some good nightlife. All things considered (crowd from FMP, cost, safety, etc.) will it be easy to get to Mae Haad from Chalok Ban Kao at night? Also, any personal recommendations on accommodations would be helpful and welcome ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,831 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by tezza on 7/1/2010 at 18:04

Will June weather stop train/bus service to Ayutthaya?

Posted by clairejustine on 6/1/2010 at 13:20

We are going to be in Bangkok for a few days in mid June, and wondered about the possibility of flooding around Ayutthaya during this season. Is there a high likelihood that Ayutthaya would be inaccessible? And is this an OK time to visit Ayutthaya in general? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,541 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 7/1/2010 at 12:43

Be careful when crossing the road

Posted by somtam2000 on 6/1/2010 at 14:18

Received some tragic news this afternoon that Torgeir Norling (better known as Tor), a Norwegain journo, based in Bangkok for at least the last decade, was killed yesterday when he was hit by a bus near the Erawan Shrine. Tor had reported from Afghanistan, Iraq, Timor, Burma and Aceh (among others) and had setup the excellent RainDogs Bar in Bangkok. We'd known him for some time. Tor leaves behind his wife Jum and young son. He was 37. The exact circumstances of the accident are unclear ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,389 times, with no replies.

Help for 10-day trip to Thailand

Posted by seahorse88 on 5/1/2010 at 10:10

How do we spend 10 days in Thailand? We would like to visit Bangkok, Phuket and Chang Mai. We will be coming from Vietnam last week of this month. Is tourism peak season now? We might be running out of hotel rooms in those areas at that time? We want to book as we arrive? Is this fine? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,353 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 5/1/2010 at 18:49

Bus Schedules in Northern Thailand

Posted by Archmichael on 4/1/2010 at 07:34

Hi: We're planning a return trip to SE Asia and have looked through multiple pages here for information about bus schedules for northern Thailand. Specifically, as relates to Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Den Chai, Uttaradit, Nan. It's understood these things are changeable ... I'd just like to get a general idea of what connections are typically available. We are especially interested in transportation in and out of Nan. Thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,309 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by Archmichael on 5/1/2010 at 10:47

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page