Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Passport photos in Chiang Khong

Posted by damo on 2/1/2010 at 17:34

Hey, does anyone know if it's possible to get passport photos taken in Chiang Khong? I don't have any and have to pass into Laos in a couple of days. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,204 times, with no replies.

No lodging! No Itinerary!

Posted by jakethedog on 14/12/2009 at 13:32

Wife and I are heading to Thailand from 15Feb to 11Mar and I am doing a bit more work to get some sort of itinerary going. My question is.. when do I need to start booking some places to stay so we wont be left out in the cold so to speak ?( -15C in northern Ontario right now) We plan to go nort for the first couple of weeks and then south to beaches for the last 10 days or so. I know this is a very broad general question but I am wondering if I need to book something NOW or can it wait ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,782 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by sirhalberd on 2/1/2010 at 10:16

Bike Tours in Phuket or/and/vs Bangkok

Posted by sallyng on 25/12/2009 at 04:06

I am interested in doing a bike tour in either Bangkok or Thailand. I am a moderate road cyclist and am ok with a moderately-hard intensity, or even just an easy ride. My family (ages 57, 26, 27, and 3) who aren't super active, may also join. So if anyone has any suggestions for recommendations for either city or companies, I would really appreciate them. Also, please indicate whether they are appropriate for families or for just other avid cyclists. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,892 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 2/1/2010 at 08:23

Mae Hong Son Loop

Posted by Dutchgirl on 21/12/2009 at 03:01

Hi, My husband and I will travel to Thailand in Feb. It's our first time there and we're really excited about it. Allready got some great information from this site, thank you all! This is our plan for the first week. We arrive on 6th Feb in Chiang Mai and after a few days there, we'll drive with our rental pickup truck the Mae Hong Son Loop. The plan is to start on 8th Feb at Doi Inthanon Park and sleep in Mae Chaem , the next day drive to Soppong (Pang Mapha) to stay at Cavelodge. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,520 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by Dutchgirl on 2/1/2010 at 05:28

Bangkok Airport

Posted by Bilby09 on 29/12/2009 at 13:02

Hi, Just wondering if anyone knows if the Sky Train route from Suvarnabhumi airport is open yet? Or would taxi/bus still be the best way to get into the city? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,857 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by khunwilko on 1/1/2010 at 22:25

Had Salad Roads

Posted by Kennyd on 1/1/2010 at 05:21

Can anyone advise on the current state of the roads in the north west of Koh Phangan up to Had Salad. I've not been beyond Had Yao before and am looking to stay at Had Salad on my next visit. However, I'd like a base which would enable me to be able to get around the island by scooter without risking death everytime I venture out of town. Any advice would be appreciated. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,130 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by Kennyd on 1/1/2010 at 16:32

Farmstay suggestions?

Posted by ndemik on 31/12/2009 at 02:48

Anyone have advice or leads for farmstay opportunities in Thailand? My wife and I are looking for somewhere chill where we can relax and help out a bit without getting in the way. We probably have no more than a week to spend. Thanks, Eli ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,035 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by swag on 1/1/2010 at 05:31

The month of march in thailand and vietnam

Posted by moving2008 on 2/10/2007 at 16:49

Hi all to of us guys are going to vietnam and thailand in march,not sure if we can do both counties but we\'ll see as we go. This is the plan so far,FLY to syd-saigon ,do na trang ,hoi an,halong bay,,hanio then fly to chaing mai train ayutthaya,kanchanaburi,bangkok fly to phuket and do phi phi and finish at ko samui to relax fot 2-3 days. I know this sounds crazy ,but what do you guys think,any suggestions on different route and accommadation welcomed.If anyone would like to join us feel free, ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,723 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by Armando696 on 1/1/2010 at 04:50

Suggestions / Opinion on Itinerary - Thailand & Cambodia

Posted by shadek on 23/12/2009 at 18:00

Hi there, Ticket bought, so now I'm trying to get a draft schedule in order to plan for any possible internal flights. Would like an opinion on what I have come up with, please: 1) Arrive BKK early morning 2) BKK 3) BKK 4) Ayutthaya 5) Ayutthaya - overnight train to Chiang Mai 6) Chiang Mai 7) CM - Meditation stay at temple 8) CM - Meditation 9) CM - Meditation 10) CM - Meditation 11) CM - Cooking course 12) CM 13 - 17) CM - Massage course 18) Fly CM-Phuket 19) Phi Phi 20) ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,415 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by mikethediver on 31/12/2009 at 18:57

family hotel resort in phuket

Posted by aussiepirate on 25/12/2009 at 03:06

need help in finding good family hotel resort in phuket ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,777 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by mikethediver on 31/12/2009 at 18:44

Which beach?

Posted by joanne1981 on 31/12/2009 at 04:03

Hi, I am looking for a really nice beach/island in Thailand to stay for 5 nights next year over Christmas. We have stayed on koh Chang before which we loved so would like something similar or even less touristy. I have read so much info that I don't know where to start and would really appreciate some advise from people who have perhaps stayed somewhere really special. Thanks, Joanne ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,438 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by tezza on 31/12/2009 at 17:50

Honeymoon Gulf of Thailand May or June/

Posted by skittles_2203 on 30/12/2009 at 11:04

Hi, We are getting married May 15th 2010 and are looking to visit Thailand on our honeymoon (2-3 weeks). I saw the weather on the Gulf of Thailand is much drier than on the west coast at this time. Can we expect days of sun, enough to sunbathe, visit the national parks, waterfalls etc? Also is the water safe for swimming at this time of year? Would we get better weather in June than May, I see May as quite a bit more rainy? Thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,522 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by tezza on 31/12/2009 at 17:46

Koh Yao Noi Excursions

Posted by rose51 on 1/11/2009 at 13:37

We will be travelling to Koh Yao Noi for just under a week in December (coming from Krabi not Phuket). We'll be happy exploring the island by bike and on foot, and want peace and quiet away from the tourist trail. However we do want to make some trips to Phang Nga Bay. I have looked and found excursions organised by Koh Yao Travel but these seem to be £60 per person which is too high for us. Is this the typical cost? Has anyone stayed on the island and organised trips through local gues ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,971 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by tezza on 31/12/2009 at 17:38

Lonely Planet Thailand 13th Edition

Posted by jakethedog on 26/12/2009 at 12:06

Has anyone had an oppurtunity to review the LP Thailand 13th Edition. I have to get a guide book in the next few days and was wondering if any one had checked it out yet. Thanks Dan ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,157 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by jakethedog on 31/12/2009 at 10:52

Soi 2 or Soi 22 Sukhumvit

Posted by jakethedog on 31/12/2009 at 03:50

I am looking at staying at either the Admiral Suites or Aspen Suites when we arrive in Bangkok. One is at 2 Soi and the other at 22 Soi off Sukhumvit. Does one of the areas have more to offer than the other? Both hotels are similar price and have similar amenities. Thanks Dan ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,018 times, with no replies.

ATMs at Bangkok Airport

Posted by jojoba on 30/12/2009 at 16:25

Hello I'll be arriving in Bangkok in 2 days and I don't have any Thai Baht on me. I'm just planning to arrive and get Baht out of an ATM machine at the airport. Can anyone tell me whether this is advisable or not, or whether I should have at least some Thai Baht on me before I arrive? I would appreciate if someone could respond soon! Thanks in advance! Cheers jojoba ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,534 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by chriswotton on 30/12/2009 at 18:40

Guided wildlife tours?

Posted by ndemik on 29/12/2009 at 02:52

Any suggestions on top-notch wildlife tours of Thailand's forest? My wife and I are looking for an english speaking guide/outfit that really knows the flora and fauna. Our primary interest is getting into good forest, and we're down to spend some cash to hire a guide that has an eye for the birds, bugs, plants and occasional mammal. Thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,008 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by ndemik on 30/12/2009 at 13:32

Train from Bangkok to Surat Thani

Posted by supernickymoreton on 20/1/2009 at 01:13

Hi, We want to take the overnight train next Monday from Bangkok to Surat Thani, but we don't get to Bangkok until Saturday morning - can anyone advise if we'll be able to buy train tickets (2nd class sleeper) from the station on Saturday morning (for Monday night train) when we get there, or do I have to do it through an agent now? I'm trying but it's quite expensive... ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 17,874 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by Louw on 28/12/2009 at 23:00

Anybody knows a route for independent trekkin tour in Nothern Thailand?

Posted by vlasov on 28/12/2009 at 03:12

Somewhat for 3-5 days with a descent sporting component and in less crowded place I would prefer to doint on my own although hiring a competent guide or joining a small group of 2-3 would also work Thanks in advance ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,605 times, with no replies.

Asked to leave Bee Bees, Koh Lanta

Posted by billbevan01 on 21/12/2009 at 15:46

Hi, backpackers heading for Koh Lanta over the peak season might like to know this. We were asked to leave Bee Bees today because we were not spending enough in the restaurant. Apparently this would not be a problem the rest of the year but at peak season it is. We were asked with all courtesy and An tried not to actually ask us directly but suggested someone on a budget may like to look somewhere else over the next few days because he needs to live. We didn't have to leave the next day b ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,862 times, with 10 replies. Last reply by chriswotton on 27/12/2009 at 21:36

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page