Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Contact phone number for Golden Hill Bungalows Phi Phi

Posted by molancey on 17/2/2010 at 04:36

Hi, Im trying to find the phone number for Golden hill Bungalows on Phi Phi island. If anyone knows it can you post it for me. Or even the phone number to the bungalows next door with the pool would be great too, forgot the name of the place. Thanks so much ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,544 times, with no replies.

Book your Thailand travel tickets online
  Buy train, bus and ferry tickets online.

Thailand in-country travel advice for two weeks with toddler in Bangkok,Koh Phi Phi, Koh Lanta

Posted by daphnehk on 16/2/2010 at 09:17

We are traveling to Thailand for two weeks in early April, with a 20-month-old. Ideally I'd like to land in Bangkok, spend a few days there; then get a train compartment South and hit two beach locations -- one easy to get to in the vicinity of Koh Phi Phi, the second probably Koh Lanta; then fly out from Phuket. Do people have advice on (a) how to handle the travel amongst those places, and (b) where to stay with a toddler? For the travel, we are willing to get our own flotation device a ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,389 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by swag on 17/2/2010 at 04:26

Songkran Holiday

Posted by blackpepper14 on 13/2/2010 at 15:09

I have just completed my travel arrangements and unknowingly they coinside EXACTLY with Songkran. I'm excited about this but have a few practical questions. I assume BKK is as good a place as any for enjoying the festival? How crazy does it get in terms of travelling around within Bangkok and/or trying to get to Chang Mai? Would it be better to hang in BKK until after before heading North? I have quite a bit of time... Also wondering about hotel/guesthouse bookings for this time? I fly in on the ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,377 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by ceedee1 on 16/2/2010 at 01:23

Thailand itinerary questions :)

Posted by Karlap on 10/2/2010 at 13:10

Hello! I will be traveling in Thailand next month and have spoken with a friend about where to go. The current itinerary is Bangkok- Ayutthaya - Kanchanaburi - Chiang Mai . My questions are: Would it be better to travel to Kanchanaburi before Ayutthaya since I will be heading north afterwards? Is it possible to get an overnight train/bus to Chiang Mai from Ayutthaya or Kanchanaburi or will I need to head back to Bangkok to get the train/bus? Lastly- how much does the train/bus usually ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,506 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by Karlap on 15/2/2010 at 08:18

tattoos in Bangkok

Posted by walkingtrees on 2/2/2010 at 01:25

Anyone know of any good artists/studios in the city? I like to get ink relating to childhood memories and travels. I figure I'll be looking for ideas during my month there and get on in Bangkok on my way out. Thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,184 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by jaimcl on 15/2/2010 at 04:36

trat beaches vs trat islands

Posted by boxee on 8/2/2010 at 12:27

i was planning on staying on one of the islands in trat on my way to cambodia , but every resort i look at i find is not good value for money , now i have found this place and the main land of trat http://www.centarahotelsresorts.com/cct/accommodation.asp so my question is would it be better to stay on the main land and do day trips out to the island or would u just go to one of the islands (ko muk, kut) ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 7,202 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by exacto on 15/2/2010 at 00:52

Spending 5 Nights In Villages/cities Between Bangkok & Chiang Mai

Posted by borgy on 3/2/2010 at 14:13

I need some advice about the villages/cities which can be found between Bangkok and Chiang Mai that you would suggest to spend 5 nights in. The idea is to head to the North on our way to Chiang Mai (by means of bus or train but surely overland), and on our way we intend to spend in total 5 nights in villages between Bangkok & Chiang Mai. So far we're sure we'll be visiting 2 nights in Phitsanulok, of which a day tour to Sukothai. Someone also told us about Phrae and Lamphang but we need s ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,125 times, with 8 replies. Last reply by exacto on 15/2/2010 at 00:45

Koh Ngai

Posted by ceedee1 on 7/2/2010 at 18:57

following on my from my 'best islands in the trang/krabi' region which nobody replied to :( i was hoping somebody could shed some light on this island please?] i hear many good things about it and as im going to be in the area during april im thinking it may be worth a trip for a day or 2 especially as i enjoy swimming and i like quiet unspoilt,uncrowded baeutiful beaches. any advice appreciated.thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,013 times, with 11 replies. Last reply by ceedee1 on 14/2/2010 at 23:42

Train Number 39 (SPECIAL EXPRESS) 22:50 from bangkok

Posted by woodyuk on 12/2/2010 at 16:15

Hi We are arriving in Bangkok at 18:40 in 2 weeks and need to get down South to Surat Thani that night. The only train I can find that we could catch would be the Train Number 39 (SPECIAL EXPRESS)that leaves at 22:50. This train has no sleeping Berths just 2nd class AC reclining seats. Has anyone done this trip? Would it be possible to get some sleep in these reclining seats ? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,938 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by exacto on 14/2/2010 at 11:44

Itinerary - 6 Months in Asia

Posted by Amarusol on 14/2/2010 at 07:31

This is subject to change of course as we move from destination to destination, but this is roughly the areas we want to hit. We have flights booked through AIR Asia to help us with travel. Wondering if anyone has any thoughts on this, or any recommendations given our route. Here a link to the travelpod map of our route. http://travelpod.com/members/madcaptravel Thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,084 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by Amarusol on 14/2/2010 at 10:43

Honeymoon in Thailand & Cambodia in June

Posted by mfree on 4/2/2010 at 00:10

My fiancé and I are trying to plan a romantic/adventurous honeymoon in Thailand and Cambodia for June 2010. The plan in to spend the first few nights at a 4/5 star beach resort in Thailand for some rest, beach, snorkeling, and yoga. After that, we want to spend a little less cash and get on the road to Angkor Wat and other destinations in Cambodia (and possibly Vietnam). We are looking at arriving on June 2, and spending about 15 days. June does not seem to be the ideal time for g ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,212 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by Sparts on 13/2/2010 at 20:50

Travelling after appendicitis

Posted by Jleef on 11/2/2010 at 20:00

I'm writing this in the vain hope that somebody else has been as unlucky as me and had their appendix taken out whilst travelling! I've written a blog entry about it here which hopefully people will take a look at: http://jleef.co.uk/2010/02/fleshwound/ I'm remaining optimistic about it as there's no point getting myself down. My plans for the text two weeks are to do as little as possible and I'll probably stay on Ko Samui, but if anybody has had a similar experience or can share any v ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,836 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by Jleef on 13/2/2010 at 14:30

Pickup and food at Relax Beach resort, Phi Phi?

Posted by Hersir on 6/6/2008 at 06:38

Me and the wife are going to stay at the Relax Beach resort August 08 to enjoy some off season calm. We are both avid scuba divers and planned to do some diving at the local reefs since Phi Phi is somehwat protected. My question is do the dive companies offer to pick you up at Relax Beach resort or do you have to hike over to Ton Sai? I'll of course ask when I set foot there but inquiring minds wants to now. Another question while I'm at it. I read that the food is pricey at the "resort". Wha ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,288 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by tezza on 13/2/2010 at 13:59

food sickness: koh phi phi

Posted by melindabh on 10/2/2010 at 23:31

i noticed that on this site, they list koh phi phi as "could have been better." let me say: the island in itself is FANTASTIC, should you avoid a few traps. definitely don't go to barracuda dive shop. this may not be totally applicable to you, but: they hit on women to the point that you feel uncomfortable in their dive companionship. we felt so intimidated we had no choice but to be nice to them and they brought my friend up at at ten bar, which is TOTALLY inappropriate for anyone who is a dive ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,501 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by tezza on 13/2/2010 at 13:38

Vietnam / Thailand itinerary - seeking advice from experienced travellers

Posted by prankmonkey on 9/2/2010 at 18:22

Dear SE Asia travellers, My girlfriend and I are planning a trip to Vietnam and Thailand, arriving in HCMC on the evening of 8 July and returning home from Bangkok on 8 August. I've put together an itinerary and would be very grateful if some experienced travellers could cast their eye over it. Recommendations, suggestions, changes would be greatly appreciated. We've included a few internal flights to save time. Here we go... Day 1 - HCMC Day 2 - HCMC Day 3 - HCMC (day trip to tunnels) ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,942 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by prankmonkey on 12/2/2010 at 09:52

Bangkok drinkies this friday

Posted by somtam2000 on 11/2/2010 at 17:30

Yes I know, short notice! But if anyone is about and free for drinks on Friday, lemme know. Will be having a few cold ones on Friday night, somewhere in the Khao San area - most likely Phra Athit Road. Cheers Stuart ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,125 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by Jleef on 11/2/2010 at 20:05

Bangkok to Koh Phangan travel advice

Posted by john1200 on 11/2/2010 at 04:36

Hi there I'm newly registered to the forum but I've been reading various posts on here over the last few weeks as research for my first trip to Thailand at the end of February. I know there are loads of threads regarding travelling to Koh Phangan but I have few more specific questions that I hope someone will be able to give me advice on. My plane is arriving in Bangkok at 15:45 on 27th Feb and I am intending to get a sleeper train to Surat Thani that evening, followed by a ferry to K ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,561 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by john1200 on 11/2/2010 at 19:16

could someone recommand some good places for getting scuba diving licence?

Posted by googookevin on 12/5/2006 at 22:45

I'm heading to Thailand this July and Augst. I'm thinking getting a scuba diving licence there. What is the good place for getting the licence? How much does it usually cost and how long does it take? Is it possible just a week to get it? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,435 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by melindabh on 10/2/2010 at 23:30

WARNING: dive and restaurant, koh phi phi

Posted by melindabh on 10/2/2010 at 23:19

i noticed that on this site, they list koh phi phi as "could have been better." let me say: the island in itself is FANTASTIC, should you avoid a few traps. definitely don't go to barracuda dive shop. this may not be totally applicable to you, but: they hit on women to the point that you feel uncomfortable in their dive companionship. we felt so intimidated we had no choice but to be nice to them and they brought my friend up at at ten bar, which is TOTALLY inappropriate for anyone who is a dive ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,511 times, with no replies.

4 days in Bangkok...

Posted by jack2408 on 2/2/2010 at 21:30

spending 4 days in Bangkok what should I see before moving onto Cambodia and Siem Reap . Also does anyone know how long it takes to get to Siem Reap from Bangkok and what the quickest route is? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,390 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by mullup on 10/2/2010 at 20:34

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page