Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Similans- advance booking for boat and accomodation required

Posted by Seba on 9/12/2009 at 11:02

Hey guys, I'll be heading to the Similan islands in a couple of days and now wondering whether it is really necessary to book accomodation in advance throught the NP's website? We plan to make our way with the boat from Khao Lak (btw- is is enough to just show up half an hour before departure, or does this also need advanced booking?) and stay there for 1 night... thanks in advance!! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,305 times, with no replies.

Which island???

Posted by scottyheather on 30/11/2009 at 14:03

Hi everyone. After a whistlestop tour of Thailand, Laos, Vietnam and Cambodia, my husband and I are hoping to catch some sun and rest on an island not too far from Bangkok as we'll be flying out from there and don't want to have to travel too much at the very end of our trip. I've been to Samui before and loved it, but thought this time that Koh Chang might be a good idea given its proximity to Bkk. However, I've been reading and reading up on Koh Chang and it seems that there's not much ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,372 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by scottyheather on 9/12/2009 at 10:28

Taking the parents for a quick thai beach trip?

Posted by lastmika on 6/12/2009 at 23:17

Taking the parents (late 50s) this week to thailand for 7 days.. a real quickie! Anyone have any advice on where to go that I can fly to easily, and also fits well with a group of three wanting to simply eat well (really well...) and relax? I'd stay in BKK the entire time, for simplicity's sake, but it wouldn't satisfy our second condition of relaxing properly. I suppose that since the parents are involved the ideal trip lands us in bangkok and allows for some time there either before or af ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,936 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by swag on 9/12/2009 at 04:43

Making plans vs going with the flow

Posted by Jleef on 7/12/2009 at 06:22

Just interested to see what people's preferred method of travel is? I'm spending 6 months in SE Asia next year - flying into BKK on Jan 13 and flying home from there on July 12, and have pretty much no solid plans for in between. Very few people I've spoken to seem to believe this! It's not that I don't have ideas what I want to do. I have places in mind I want to visit - Ha Long bay, Angkor Wat, Chiang Mai, a few Thai islands and the usual popular places plus a few extra, but I'm stubbornl ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,505 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by Captain_Bob on 8/12/2009 at 13:52

Bangkok Arrival

Posted by shelup on 8/12/2009 at 07:22

Will be arriving BKK airport 2300hrs 13/12/09. would be great to share a taxi into Bangkok..near Phra A-Thit Rd, Chanasongkram area. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,288 times, with no replies.

Koh Jum and Koh Phayam bungalows

Posted by jwgacy on 8/1/2008 at 02:18

Hi does anyone have any info of bungalows on Koh Jum and Koh Phayam. Am visiting in Feb and can't really get much info from anyone that has been. We were looking at Bamboo bungalows on Phayam and either New or Joy on Jum but would welcome other suggestions. Would go up to Thb 1250 but would rather go lower, just not sure for beach front of a good place and how much is reasonable on these two islands. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,956 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by kittenpenelope on 8/12/2009 at 07:07

Taking bootleg dvd's / video games out of Thailand to US?

Posted by grndhouse on 29/11/2009 at 21:06

anyone ever had an issue with this? have about 20 in my backpack for xmas gifts. any info would be great! thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,269 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by busylizzy on 7/12/2009 at 17:27

Koh Lanta - best beach?

Posted by jellyfishies on 3/12/2009 at 07:12

Hi, I was just wondering which is the best beach to stay at. I am looking for a nice sandy beach where you can easily swim and relax but not too far away from the action! Any idea? Also does anyone have any recommendations for budget accommodation on Koh Lanta? (Can't seem to find much under 1500baht!) Thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,416 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by KevinCorr on 7/12/2009 at 15:05

THAILAND PLUGS? for electronics from the US

Posted by omalleyjulia on 30/11/2009 at 10:04

hi does anyone know if i need a converter or something for my hair straightner (US plug) to work in thailand? or if its even the same plug? its a good quality straightner so does that mean it will have a converter built in? and is it the same with my camara charger? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 10,629 times, with 13 replies. Last reply by Captain_Bob on 7/12/2009 at 11:52

Accomodation in Trat for Jan 2010

Posted by bensadlier on 2/11/2009 at 13:14

hi guys, First time poster here. I am from Australia and travelling with 3 friends in January 2010. We want to stay in Trat, and from what we have read of the reviews, the trat guesthouse sounds like the place to stay. Unfortunately we cannot find any contact details for the place. We tried to ring the number but had no luck. Do they have a website, email address or any sort of contact information to make a booking? Thanks, Ben. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,496 times, with 11 replies. Last reply by bensadlier on 7/12/2009 at 05:54

Luxury resorts versus backpackers on Ko Phi Phi

Posted by Tallybalt on 7/9/2009 at 21:07

This will be my first trip to Thailand, and I will be spending most of my time on Ko Phi Phi . Is there a significant advantage at saying at a luxury resort versus a backpacker bungalow organisation closer to the ko phi phi town? I don't need luxury comfort or fancy restaurants, but I do want to have access to pristine beaches with spectacular snorkeling. Are the beaches on Ko Phi Phi privately owned by the resorts, or will most of the beaches have sections that are generally open to other t ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 9,238 times, with 23 replies. Last reply by leightravelclub on 6/12/2009 at 15:48

Bangkok Late Arrival - Transfer to Ko Tao

Posted by tristan99 on 30/11/2009 at 19:04

Hi All - seeking advice: am arrivinginto Suvarnabhumi at 10.45pm on a Sunday, looking to get to Ko Tao - quickest seems to fly to Surat T (Nokair have flights for B1250/person leaving at 7am - but from Don Muang). Is there a way to do it that isn't totally painful? wondering if we'll get through customs before midnight - where should we cab to and stay the night in order to make the connection? (some have suggested loitering around the airport...) Or should we can the idea and stay a few n ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,278 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by tristan99 on 6/12/2009 at 10:45

Bus from Siem Reap to Bangkok

Posted by woden1809 on 5/12/2009 at 05:09

Hi, I know this has been covered before, but I have some questions regarding timetables! I want to get the Bangkok-Vientiane train which leaves Bangkok at 6:30 in the evening. I will be setting out from Siem Reap and want to arrive in Bangkok by the time of my train departure, but it looks like I will just miss it. I will get a bus to Poipet, but as I understand buses and trains which run from Aranyaprathet (other than very early departures) tend to arrive at or around the time of departure ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,449 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by Lawoat on 5/12/2009 at 17:23

Ferry to Phi Phi

Posted by adelaidean on 19/6/2008 at 05:34

Do all ferries to Phi phi leave from Rassada pier (phuket town) We need to get there in July and have had varying reports that different ferries leave from different piers??? How far is the pier from Phuket town?? Thankyou ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 7,823 times, with 9 replies. Last reply by Orchidtemple on 4/12/2009 at 11:00

New years, Koh Samet or Bangkok

Posted by sabenemmons on 1/12/2009 at 16:25

We are currently on a RTW trip and are heading to SEA. This will be our first time in Thailand. My younger brother is flying out to spend the holidays with us and it is his first time abroad at all. He will be in for Christmas through the new year. We are really stuck on what to do for New years and are looking for a little advice. We would like to stick around the Bangkok area (4-5 hours). We are down for a party but not a stupid cluster*&$% like the full moon parties. We were looking at Koh Sa ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,892 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by damo on 3/12/2009 at 16:44

Phuket to Ko Lantra

Posted by miked on 2/12/2009 at 18:05

Hi, Could someone please help. What is the quickest was to get from Phuket to Ko Lantra. Was told this would be a good island to spend some time just relaxing on a beach, reading and chilling out in the evenings. Hopefully will be spending 29th Dec to 05th Jan. Looking for some accomadation also, around 1,000 to 1,250 THB per nigh - Any suggestions. Is it a good option ? We would have just finished in the north for 10days - Changi Mai and then to Cavelodge in Mae Hong Son for some trip ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,581 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 3/12/2009 at 08:03

Thailand re-entry

Posted by mishacookie01 on 24/11/2009 at 04:57

I am traveling in and out of Bangkok from Dec 9- Jan 18. I got a tourist visa, but they only let me in twice. I am planing on doing BKK-Laos-BKK-Burma-Chain Rai-Vietnam-Cambodia-BKK. So I need to enter Thailand at least 4 times. Guy at the embassy was not helpful at all and said I need to check with immigration once I get there. Do you know how easy it is to get re-entry permit or visa? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,321 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 3/12/2009 at 07:46

30 day Thai visa

Posted by pdrysdale on 23/11/2009 at 12:45

Hi, I'm here in Thailand for 35 days but my visa is only valid for 30 days. Do you think i could "get away with it" when i leave back to the UK or should i extend it beforehand? If so, how do i extend it and can I do this in or around Phuket? Many Thanks in advance Paddy. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,320 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by exacto on 2/12/2009 at 10:43

Travel buddy - Phuket (Dec 26-29)

Posted by ronaldev on 1/12/2009 at 18:58

Hi there, Anyone traveling to Phuket on Dec 26-29? Looking for a travel buddy and good itineraries for the trip, any suggestion? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,805 times, with no replies.

train tickets

Posted by Renee2383 on 26/11/2006 at 01:16

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone could help me with this. I need to be in Chiang Mai the 23rd of Dec. So, I wanted to take the overnight train( #13) leaving at 7:35 on the 22nd of Dec. How possible is it to just be able to book this ticket when I arrive in Bangkok the 17th of Dec, or should I just go ahead and book it now? Thanks for all help. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 8,343 times, with 13 replies. Last reply by pia2am on 1/12/2009 at 17:33

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page