Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Learning to dive in Thailand - where?

Posted by damo on 10/11/2009 at 00:28

Hi, I've decided to learn how to dive while I'm visiting Thailand this December. I had previously not planned to visit any islands or anywhere south of Bangkok, so now I have a fairly big change to my itinerary. I've read that Koh Tao would be a bad place to aim for at this time of year due to the weather, so I'm thinking of either Koh Chang or somewhere on the Andaman coast. Does anyone have any advice? I suppose I'll want to hang around for a few extra days on the beach. I'm not into h ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,937 times, with 9 replies. Last reply by chris1dna on 13/11/2009 at 00:26

Sri Racha

Posted by somtam2000 on 12/11/2009 at 13:49

Just a quick note that we've added another small destination into the site, Sri Racha in Chonburi province. It's best known as being home to an explosive spicy sauce and also for the offshore island of Ko Si Chang. If you're looking for a small off the beaten trail spot just an hour our of Bangkok, you may want to add it to your shortlist. Enjoy! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,990 times, with no replies.

Trang islands advice?

Posted by Sampan on 7/11/2009 at 17:21

Happy trails everyone! I'm currently on Ko Jum (having a absolutely wonderful time..:), and was thinking of going south towards Trang town by the end of next week, and from there further to any of the Trang islands for a few days. Does anyone have any suggestions which island to go to for descent "backpacker budget" accommodation were there's also good snorkeling? Any suggestion is highly appreciated. // ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,397 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by Sampan on 12/11/2009 at 10:08

Funny motorcycle experience in BKK

Posted by MADMAC on 9/11/2009 at 11:16

I hoped a motorcycle taxi with one of the taxis drivers I play Thai chess with when in Bangkok. The driver didn't know where I wanted to go so as a joke I offered to drive. He asked if I had a license. Sure. I showed it to him and he said "you drive". So I drove the motorcycle and he was the passenger on the back. Can't tell you how many people were staring saying to themselves "what's wrong with this picture?" ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,681 times, with 8 replies. Last reply by MADMAC on 12/11/2009 at 05:45

URGENT - Any recommendations for accommodation in Pai?

Posted by nathandjen on 5/7/2009 at 18:21

Any recommendations for cheap accommodation in pai? Looking for riverside bungalows, cheap i.e. 200 B or under. Any suggestions of nice places or places with a nice vibe? Can't find anyone around who has been recently and with it being low season we just want someone who knows the best places to stay! P.S. We go in the Morning! Cheers Nath and Jen ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,019 times, with 10 replies. Last reply by thailand_asia on 11/11/2009 at 13:32

Pls Help --- KRABI or PHUKET excursions ??

Posted by rc on 11/11/2009 at 04:10

pls help: trying to plan a 5night trip going to Phi Phi, Phang Nga bay, Similan Island - 1.is a day trip to each place enough ?? 2. easier to reach from Krabi or Phuket ? 3. also is it worth hiring a car for some of the day trips or public transport? 4. if its easier to hire a car are the roads ok ? well sign posted ? what would you recommend ??? pls help .. also I will be travelling end of April cheers x ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,060 times, with no replies.

Phuket airport to Koh Ngai

Posted by jodie6104 on 9/11/2009 at 21:06

I have from a Fri to Fri to spend andaman island hopping. I have seen a really cheap flight from chiang mai ( where i will be flying from)to Phuket but ideally I want to go straight to Koh Ngai. Is there a way to travel from Phuket to Koh Ngai quickly? Or is it worth just splashing the extra cash to fly to trang ? many thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,405 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 10/11/2009 at 08:11

khao lak or koh samui ---- PLS HELP

Posted by rc on 10/11/2009 at 02:34

want to spend 5 nights of the last part of hols either in khao lak or koh samui ?? not sure where to book . We are going to be in phuket for 5 nights beforehand and want the last 5 days to relax ....where would u recommend ?/ ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,596 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by rc on 10/11/2009 at 06:01

weather in april- may

Posted by rc on 10/11/2009 at 02:28

hi can anyone let me know if going to thailand in apri- may is advisable or will it be the start of the monsoon ??? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,567 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by exacto on 10/11/2009 at 05:36

reservation Nakhon hotel

Posted by lenjac on 9/11/2009 at 19:44

How do I make reservation for Nakhon Hotel in Nakhorn Shri Thammarat? Do I need a confirmation of the hotel? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,169 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by boxee on 10/11/2009 at 02:56

River Kwai Jungle Rafts

Posted by mlr on 7/11/2009 at 06:47

Hi everyone! We have got 3 nights booked at the River Kwai Jungle Rafts at the end of November and i was wondering if anyone had stayed there before and if so how easy is it to get to and from the rafts to explore the Kanchanaburi area and what sort of costs will it entail? Thanks in advance! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,120 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by Nokka on 9/11/2009 at 22:41

Accomodation in Chiangmai

Posted by Tapsiful on 7/11/2009 at 23:00

Hi there, I need accommodation in Muang Chiangmai for two months with fast internet connection but I don't want to spend lot of cash for a hotel room. Basically any kind of raunchy room would do, the only important thing is the internet connection. Could somebody suggest me where I should look for this kind of rooms/flats? Or is there any reliable 3G network provider in Chiangmai that provides broadband wireless internet for which foreigners can subscribe? Thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,858 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by Tapsiful on 9/11/2009 at 15:18

what do you think of my thai/lao plan?

Posted by christay2009 on 5/11/2009 at 16:39

Essentially, i have come up with this just by looking at the map and reading about a couple of places in North Eastern Thailand. I would arrive in Bangkok by plane before heading up North East thailand over 2 weeks or so [similar to the TF itinerary] before crossing over into Vientiane, Laos. Id then work my way through southern Laos for 3 weeks or so before cutting back into Thailand at Pakse. Take the train from Udon Ratchathani back to Bangkok and fly home. What does anyone think? i've ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,525 times, with 9 replies. Last reply by MADMAC on 9/11/2009 at 12:20

Ko Tao to Chieow Laan Lake and Khao Sok?

Posted by Nerel3000 on 9/11/2009 at 03:39

Does anyone know the best way to get between Chieow Laan Lake or Khao Sok and Ko Tao of Ko Ph Ngan? We have just two weeks in Thailand for our first trip and planned to do a couple of days in Bangkok, then head to one of the above islands followed by a trip to Khao Sok and Chieow Laan lake, and then back to the other island for a couple of days and back to Bangkok. Has anyone done a similar trip and know how easy this travel would be / if it would be worth doing? We don't want to trave ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,676 times, with no replies.

Purchasing train tickets

Posted by Travel1221 on 8/11/2009 at 15:34

We are arriving in BKK on 28 December and plan to head south to Kho Phan Gan for the full moon party the next night. Therefore my thought is to pre-book the train tickets for the overnight train as there may not be availability. Any ideas as to how to do this. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,173 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by rose51 on 8/11/2009 at 23:25

Music shops for guitar purchase

Posted by Travel1221 on 6/11/2009 at 21:01

Anyone got any idea if Thailand has a music shop franchise or can anyone give a good idea of reasonable music shops in BKK for the purchase of acoustic guitars. Thanks. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,688 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by CunningMcFar on 8/11/2009 at 22:41

Khao Lak/Lanta/Phi Phi - help?

Posted by carlyb on 8/11/2009 at 22:28

Hello My boyfriend and I are going to be in Thailand for the first time for 10 days at the beginning of Dec, flying into Phuket . We’ve booked accommodation on Ko Lone (Lohn?) off Phuket for the last 4 nights but we’re really struggling to decide where to base ourselves for the first 5 nights. This holiday is def about max relaxation for us so a picturesque beach with some nice snorkeling is important, choice of restaurants (seafood bbq would be great) and chilled bars not massive p ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,387 times, with no replies.

Khao Lak or Phuket

Posted by fiddlerd on 16/10/2009 at 00:58

I am trying to decide whether to visit Phuket or Khao Lak... Anyone have any opinion on this? I am going with my wife and we can afford something on the nicer side of things - $150-$200/night - and are looking for a good mixture of relaxation, snorkeling/diving, other water sports (sailing), and some nightlife. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 8,131 times, with 18 replies. Last reply by rc on 8/11/2009 at 19:23

Thailand - my 2 week itinerary

Posted by Bilby09 on 7/11/2009 at 13:51

Hello, just after some opinions on this 2 week itinerary I have come up with for late January/early Feb. The plan is to arrive in Chiang Mai and leave from Krabi (haven't made any bookings yet). Arrive Chiang Mai airport 10.20am on Day 1 4 nights (5 days) Chiang Mai (including a day trip to Chiang Dao) -then overnight train to Bangkok 1 night (2 days) Bangkok -then overnight train to Surat Thani and bus to Khao Sok National Park 2 nights Khao Sok NP (treehouse then rafthou ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,897 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by tezza on 8/11/2009 at 19:03

Reduction in ATM fee's

Posted by furneburner on 8/11/2009 at 18:22

see here: http://www.scb.co.th/img/th/rate/fees-atm-en.pdf ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,157 times, with no replies.

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page