Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

MONEY...MONEY....MONEY

Posted by fwen on 11/11/2009 at 22:43

Hi this will be my 1st trip to thailand. I have no idea whether to take travellers cheques in GBpound or American$. Should i just take my bank card which is a maestro as I am not taking a credit card. We are there for 3 weeks and plan to travel most of the southern part of thailand. any helo would be great. xxE-J xx ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,046 times, with 8 replies. Last reply by sirhalberd on 15/11/2009 at 10:07

Advise for a chilled Island Holiday

Posted by davipinks on 20/10/2009 at 18:12

My girl friend and I are flying into Krabi mid December and leaving in mid January. We would like to get our diving licenses (Krabi seems like the logical place to do so) and then explore many of the less traveled Islands. This forum seems to have a great number of experienced travelers and I would love for some of you to pass along any thoughts on how to get the most out of a chilled holiday. What kind of route might one take? Cheers ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,998 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by davipinks on 15/11/2009 at 08:49

travel book( cycling)

Posted by barrylad66 on 13/11/2009 at 15:22

hi all, having just returned from 6 months in thailand i'm already planning my next trip..i have traveled too se asia many times so i think have a good knowledge of the region.being a keen cyclist i have decided too cycle around thai,laos vietnam,etc and i'm starting my research into planning the trip.i would be grateful if anyone has done this before they could point me in the right direction for resourse into this kind of trip many thanks barrylad66 ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,194 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by Tilapia on 15/11/2009 at 08:39

10 days in Phuket: Where Should I go?

Posted by Ingrids on 14/11/2009 at 21:50

Hello! I'm going to Phuket by myself on 18th Nov. I'll be there for 10 days. What are the best places (beaches/Islands) that I should go? I like nightlife and nature (landscapes, snorkelling...). Thank you!! Ingrid ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,365 times, with no replies.

HELP!! Ko Samui now -? November

Posted by Ingrids on 10/11/2009 at 21:58

Hello!! I`m in Saigon going to Bangkok tomorrow to takethe train to Surat Thani and then Ko Samui. I'm afraid about the weather. Is somebody going there? Or does somebody knows about the weather in the moment? Because is it is so bad I will go to Pucket... Thank you!!!! Ingrid ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,149 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by tezza on 14/11/2009 at 19:56

Ko Lantab beaches at low tide?

Posted by carlyb on 11/11/2009 at 23:18

Hello Can anyone recommend at beach on ko lanta that is swimmable/not rocky at low tide? Thanks C. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,560 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by tezza on 14/11/2009 at 19:34

Thailand Visa Question - hope someone can help!

Posted by geo85 on 12/11/2009 at 23:41

Hi guys, I just need some clarity on the Thai visa situation. Me and the girlfriend are headin Hong Kong to Bangkok 5 Feb, and planning to head north (Chang Mai) onto Laos, Vietnam, Cambodia, then back to Thailand to do the islands on route south. Now I know as it stands that there's no need for a visa if we're only going to be in the country for 30 days; we anticipate we'll be in Thailand (at the most) for 2 or 3 weeks before we head to Laos. My question is, what's the sitation for gettin ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,514 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by exacto on 14/11/2009 at 12:20

HOTEL IN KOH SAMUI HELP PLS

Posted by rc on 14/11/2009 at 02:47

hi there has anyone stayed at the Muang Samui Spa and Resort ??/ if so what is it like regard to standard proximity to the beach hearing mixed reviews regarding standard of the beach .. any help pls cheers ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,410 times, with no replies.

Want a suit in Bangkok, but only two days so need it to be posted to me. Recommended shops?

Posted by Jozudave on 6/11/2009 at 11:45

I'm going to be in Bangkok this weekend (Sat and Sun only) and would like to get a couple of suits and some shirts made for me. I had a look at the other threads about suits in the forum but I would like a recommendation on a shop or two that are good of course, but who will also mail your suits to your home country (the UK in my case). I had this done in Vietnam a while back so I presume it can be done in Thailand too. Naturally I'm looking for a place with really good quality tailored suit ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,060 times, with 9 replies. Last reply by mattocmd on 13/11/2009 at 22:05

Where to stay at Phuket for budget traveler from 21 - 26 Dec?

Posted by gameson on 12/11/2009 at 07:14

I am reading lonely planet and I am thinking of staying at Capricorn Village, but I searched here and results returned nothing. Is Capricorn Village any good? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,316 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 13/11/2009 at 10:54

phuket or krabi help

Posted by rc on 12/11/2009 at 03:10

pls help: trying to plan a 5night trip going to Phi Phi, Phang Nga bay, Similan Island - 1.is a day trip to each place enough ?? 2. easier to reach from Krabi or Phuket ? 3. also is it worth hiring a car for some of the day trips or public transport? 4. if its easier to hire a car are the roads ok ? well sign posted ? what would you recommend ??? pls help .. also I will be travelling end of April cheers x ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,454 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 13/11/2009 at 10:41

Learning to dive in Thailand - where?

Posted by damo on 10/11/2009 at 00:28

Hi, I've decided to learn how to dive while I'm visiting Thailand this December. I had previously not planned to visit any islands or anywhere south of Bangkok, so now I have a fairly big change to my itinerary. I've read that Koh Tao would be a bad place to aim for at this time of year due to the weather, so I'm thinking of either Koh Chang or somewhere on the Andaman coast. Does anyone have any advice? I suppose I'll want to hang around for a few extra days on the beach. I'm not into h ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,955 times, with 9 replies. Last reply by chris1dna on 13/11/2009 at 00:26

Sri Racha

Posted by somtam2000 on 12/11/2009 at 13:49

Just a quick note that we've added another small destination into the site, Sri Racha in Chonburi province. It's best known as being home to an explosive spicy sauce and also for the offshore island of Ko Si Chang. If you're looking for a small off the beaten trail spot just an hour our of Bangkok, you may want to add it to your shortlist. Enjoy! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,011 times, with no replies.

Trang islands advice?

Posted by Sampan on 7/11/2009 at 17:21

Happy trails everyone! I'm currently on Ko Jum (having a absolutely wonderful time..:), and was thinking of going south towards Trang town by the end of next week, and from there further to any of the Trang islands for a few days. Does anyone have any suggestions which island to go to for descent "backpacker budget" accommodation were there's also good snorkeling? Any suggestion is highly appreciated. // ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,407 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by Sampan on 12/11/2009 at 10:08

Funny motorcycle experience in BKK

Posted by MADMAC on 9/11/2009 at 11:16

I hoped a motorcycle taxi with one of the taxis drivers I play Thai chess with when in Bangkok. The driver didn't know where I wanted to go so as a joke I offered to drive. He asked if I had a license. Sure. I showed it to him and he said "you drive". So I drove the motorcycle and he was the passenger on the back. Can't tell you how many people were staring saying to themselves "what's wrong with this picture?" ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,702 times, with 8 replies. Last reply by MADMAC on 12/11/2009 at 05:45

URGENT - Any recommendations for accommodation in Pai?

Posted by nathandjen on 5/7/2009 at 18:21

Any recommendations for cheap accommodation in pai? Looking for riverside bungalows, cheap i.e. 200 B or under. Any suggestions of nice places or places with a nice vibe? Can't find anyone around who has been recently and with it being low season we just want someone who knows the best places to stay! P.S. We go in the Morning! Cheers Nath and Jen ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,046 times, with 10 replies. Last reply by thailand_asia on 11/11/2009 at 13:32

Pls Help --- KRABI or PHUKET excursions ??

Posted by rc on 11/11/2009 at 04:10

pls help: trying to plan a 5night trip going to Phi Phi, Phang Nga bay, Similan Island - 1.is a day trip to each place enough ?? 2. easier to reach from Krabi or Phuket ? 3. also is it worth hiring a car for some of the day trips or public transport? 4. if its easier to hire a car are the roads ok ? well sign posted ? what would you recommend ??? pls help .. also I will be travelling end of April cheers x ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,071 times, with no replies.

Phuket airport to Koh Ngai

Posted by jodie6104 on 9/11/2009 at 21:06

I have from a Fri to Fri to spend andaman island hopping. I have seen a really cheap flight from chiang mai ( where i will be flying from)to Phuket but ideally I want to go straight to Koh Ngai. Is there a way to travel from Phuket to Koh Ngai quickly? Or is it worth just splashing the extra cash to fly to trang ? many thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,425 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 10/11/2009 at 08:11

khao lak or koh samui ---- PLS HELP

Posted by rc on 10/11/2009 at 02:34

want to spend 5 nights of the last part of hols either in khao lak or koh samui ?? not sure where to book . We are going to be in phuket for 5 nights beforehand and want the last 5 days to relax ....where would u recommend ?/ ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,676 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by rc on 10/11/2009 at 06:01

weather in april- may

Posted by rc on 10/11/2009 at 02:28

hi can anyone let me know if going to thailand in apri- may is advisable or will it be the start of the monsoon ??? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,582 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by exacto on 10/11/2009 at 05:36

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page