Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Full Moon Party - accommodation

Posted by Travel1221 on 26/10/2009 at 14:21

Hi there, We will be attending the Full Moon party in December 2009. Thing is we are looking at booking accommodation (budget style) but having difficulty finding budget options. Can anyone advise on sea-front bungalow accommodation (not too close to the main FMP beach)which is relatively cheap and where we would not have to book a minimum of say 5 nights as our time on the island is limited. Our other option is to rather stay on Koh Tao and ferry it across for the party - but also a bit wei ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,381 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by tezza on 27/10/2009 at 18:27

The ten commandments for living in Thailand

Posted by somtam2000 on 27/10/2009 at 05:18

Bangkok resident Greg G has put together a pretty interesting list making up his Ten commandments for living in Thailand. What do you think of the list? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,413 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by idreamofdurian on 27/10/2009 at 17:42

hostel booking..

Posted by jasonkim8486 on 22/9/2009 at 04:03

im trying to book hostels/bungalows for december on this website, but it only shows availability for next three days or so..? how can i book for 2-3 months in advance? and what other websites provide great range of budget hostels/ bungalows with reviews? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,228 times, with 8 replies. Last reply by jasonkim8486 on 27/10/2009 at 01:36

Flights - Phuket to Chiang Mai

Posted by Travel1221 on 26/10/2009 at 14:17

My boyfriend and I will be in Thailand in December '09 / January '10. We were thinking of flying from Phuket to Chiang Mai in order to avoid the long-haul bus/train travel on this route. Would you recommend we purchase flights over the internet prior to our trip or are there cheap deals which we could purchase once in Thailand - taking flight availability into account. Thanks. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,719 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by Captain_Bob on 26/10/2009 at 23:31

Where to go for good hilltribe treks in Thailand

Posted by sfinn on 4/10/2009 at 13:50

Hi All, I'm currently in Chiang Mai and interested in doing a 3 day trek but would prefer to get off the well-beaten paths around Chiang Mai. I'm very interested in spending some quality time in a hill tribe village but not one that is an exploited tourist attraction (don't know if there are any left). There are so many different towns that offer good hilltribe trekking: Nan, Soppong, Mae Hong Son, Chiang Rai, Chian Dao, Phayao... Having trouble picking one! Has anyone done a trek ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,323 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by sfinn on 26/10/2009 at 21:50

Loi Krathong***

Posted by soQQuadro on 9/9/2009 at 10:59

I'm pretty lucky, just found out that this year LK is going to be around the time I'm in Chiang Mai [according to MENTAL ITINERARY]week end 29th Oct- 2nd Nov and looks like an awesome festival to witness. Do you reckon it will be crazy busy so that booking is essential in guest houses? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,943 times, with 12 replies. Last reply by Captain_Bob on 26/10/2009 at 01:17

Getting in to Bangkok late at night

Posted by spaswink on 25/10/2009 at 19:01

Not sure if this is a stupid question (this is my first trip to Thailand, indeed my first trip overseas anywhere!) but here goes: My plane gets into Bangkok at a bit after 11pm; I'm heading in to the Khao San Road area to stay and just wondering if I'll have any difficulty finding a hostel where I'll get in alright around midnight or thereabouts (assuming the flight comes in on time)? I'm looking to book the first few nights accom in advance, so any suggestions of any particular places t ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,432 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by themuths on 25/10/2009 at 19:30

Bang Saen travel guide

Posted by somtam2000 on 22/10/2009 at 09:28

Just a quick note that I've just added some new coverage to Travelfish, for the Thai-style beach town of Bang Saen -- just 90 southeast of Bangkok. It is far from Thailand's premiere beach destination, but if you're looking for a very local experience (most international guidebooks don't even cover Bang Saen) for a couple of days, then you could do far worse. You can see the full coverage here. Cheers! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,410 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by khunwilko on 25/10/2009 at 19:00

Pai to Chiang Mai advice

Posted by sacott on 25/10/2009 at 18:49

Hi Folks, Seeing a few places in the north I haven't been to before this December. The only bit I am unsure about is the leg that will be Pang Ung to Chiang Rai. Would prefer to do this leg in one day by bus. I was wondering if anyone has done this and how long it took? Seems a bit of a pity to have to go back via Chiang Mai but this may be the most do-able route. Considering a night at Huai Nam Dang National Park on route. cheers, Scott ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,565 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by sacott on 25/10/2009 at 18:52

Pang Ung/Pai to Chiang Rai advice

Posted by sacott on 25/10/2009 at 18:51

Hi Folks, Seeing a few places in the north I haven't been to before this December. The only bit I am unsure about is the leg that will be Pang Ung to Chiang Rai. Would prefer to do this leg in one day by bus. I was wondering if anyone has done this and how long it took? Seems a bit of a pity to have to go back via Chiang Mai but this may be the most do-able route. Considering a night at Huai Nam Dang National Park on route. cheers, Scott ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,059 times, with no replies.

Spearfishing in Phuket -Thailand

Posted by xfregona on 24/10/2009 at 16:31

I everyone, first of all I have to say thank you for this website! it is the most helpfull regarding of usefull information to those that are thinking to travel to Asia. I´m 29 years old and from Portugal. I am going to visit for the first time an Asia Country, Thailand- Phuket (17th November) and I would like to get some help and information if possible. Is it legal to spearfish in Phuket ? Does anyone knows who organise spearfish trips? and rent the material? Please help me guys. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,683 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by tezza on 25/10/2009 at 18:35

Islands in Nov... just like everyone else

Posted by Whynot on 24/10/2009 at 20:08

I am currently in Thailand and loving my slow and sceneic adventure up north! I will eventually head to cambodia and then off to the islands (end of Nov, first week of december). I am open to all suggestions of which island to go to and am happy to return to bangkok and go from there as well or search island refuge to thailand from Cambodia. I dont have a return flight yet so i could have as much or little time left to island hop but two weeks will prob be max. Any suggestions? I perfer low key, ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,062 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by tezza on 25/10/2009 at 18:29

4 days in Bangkok

Posted by Ingrids on 22/10/2009 at 18:38

Hello! I`m going to Bangkok 25th Oct and I`ll be there til 29th OCt. What are the best things to do/visit (excursions...) there? Do you think that I have to book accommodation before? Do you recomend some good and cheap accommodation? I`m going by myself. Thank you!!!! Ingrid ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,719 times, with 10 replies. Last reply by MADMAC on 24/10/2009 at 13:33

Currently in Thailand, recomendations for Chang Mai?

Posted by outofthebubble on 23/10/2009 at 21:29

We are currently traveling throughout Thailand for several weeks before moving on to Laos, Cambodia, and Vietnam. We just visited Bangkok, Ko Sichang, Bat Island, Si Racha, and are now in Ayutthaya (beautiful!). In a few days we will be heading North to Chang Mai in search of some great hill tribe trekking. The problem is everyone and their brother here seem to have an opinion of what treks are best. We figured it better to ask all you folks if you have any personal experience. Any recommend ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,295 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 24/10/2009 at 08:33

Money & Beach ?

Posted by Gusty79 on 22/10/2009 at 22:11

Hi I am going travelling on my own to SE Asia for 6 months and something has been bothering me a bit. I have read everywhere that you should not leave money back at your hotel/guesthouse (unless in safe). So what do you do with money/passport etc...when you want to go for a swim or a snorkel ? Really simple question I know but just wondering what people do ? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,578 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by Ingrids on 24/10/2009 at 07:21

Budget for 6 Months

Posted by Gusty79 on 19/10/2009 at 05:18

Hi, I am leaving for SE Asia next week for 6 Months. I have looked around for Ideas on budget etc..I plan on having around £900 a month. What do you guys think? I am Diabetic so might have to spend a little bit more on accommodation (need a fridge for meds). I am planning on going to Thailand, Laos, Vietnam & Cambodia. I would like to do a few activities tours/treks etc.. and enjoy a bit of nightlife once in a while. Do you think £900 a month will be enough? first time backpacking? Pleas ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,232 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by Gusty79 on 22/10/2009 at 22:06

19 days in the Thai Islands - HELP itinerary!!!

Posted by Ingrids on 16/10/2009 at 09:11

Hello!! I`m going to Bangkok 25th Oct, after Camboja, Vietnam (Saigon) and from Saigon I`m going to The Islands in Thai. I`m going 11/11 and take the plane to go back 28/11 in Phuket. I'm completly lost about how to go from Saigon to the Islands (cheaper flights) and in which islands visit in 19 days. Has somebody some suggestion??? Thankssssss!!!! Ingrid ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,209 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by Ingrids on 22/10/2009 at 18:24

Alone in Thailand for 5/6 months!

Posted by Joshuaphilp on 21/10/2009 at 04:08

I'm 19 years old and im planning on going backpacking for a few months! I want to start out in the south, Phuket area and work up north! Is it a good idea to go for that long by myself? Second question is a bit of subject but is Ko Phi Phi really all its cracked up to be?! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,482 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by MADMAC on 22/10/2009 at 17:29

Thailand 13 day Itinery advice appreciated

Posted by squae on 18/10/2009 at 06:55

Hello, traveling in 4 weeks and would appreciate help, I am also travelling to Vietnam and Cambodia. Arrive 6.00pm Bangkok Day 1 - Bangkok Day 2 - Bangkok Day 3 - Ayutthaya & Lop Buri (Via Train?) Day 4 - Sukothai (not sure about going here, as the train I have been looking at online doesnt appear to stop here?, and if I dont go here I can get a train that leaves from Lop Buri at night and arrives at Chiang Mai in the morning) Day 5 - Chiang Mai, not sure how to get here if I am ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,932 times, with 12 replies. Last reply by tezza on 22/10/2009 at 11:53

Best Island?

Posted by Bilby09 on 21/10/2009 at 12:40

Hi, I'm looking for an island (Andaman sea) to stay for 4 nights at the beginning of February. I'm after an island that is beautiful but not very crowded, with good snorkelling and hiking (and preferably accommodation with warm water showers). The Trang Islands sound good especially Kradan, but perhaps a bit tricky to get to/from? I will be coming from Khao Sok National Park, and then at the end of the 4 days will need to get to Phuket to fly home from there. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,231 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by tezza on 22/10/2009 at 11:25

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page