Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

NYE FMP Koh Phangan which beach

Posted by jodie6104 on 8/10/2009 at 18:36

My husband and I are planning to go to the FMP this NYE. We have been advised three beaches to stay on: Haad Yao(west), Haad Salad and Thong Nai Pan Noi. Which is best? we want somewhere pretty chilled, with good food and nice places to stay (it is our honeymoon so any suggestions welcome for up to 3000 Baht a night) but with not too tricky access to the FMP Many thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,136 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by tezza on 9/10/2009 at 18:27

Thailand November/December

Posted by justy12 on 5/10/2009 at 18:57

I am going to Thailand mid November for just over 3/4 weeks. Thinking of going to Ko Samui, Ko Phangan, and Ko Phi Phi. Does anybody know what the weather will be like? I have heard conflicting reports. Would it be better to go to the islands off the east coast first and then the west or vice versa? I believe the weather can be very different on both. Hoping to take in the full moon party on December 2nd. Thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,867 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by tezza on 9/10/2009 at 18:14

Lamphun province in November

Posted by mh on 9/10/2009 at 11:46

Hello, Could anyone give their opinions on Lamphun province outside of Lamphun city? Some things I've read say it's a little bit uninteresting, others say it's quiet and relaxing... what do you all think? If anyone has liked spending time in the Li district especially, I would really like to hear about it. This is the only article I've found about it so far: I'll be in Thailand (first time!) from late October to late ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,060 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 9/10/2009 at 15:58

Train travel from KL to Phuket (or closest)

Posted by jweston on 5/10/2009 at 20:23

Hi. Going to travel by train from KL towards Phuket. Best stop to get off? then what? what is the train like in terms of comfort? Thanks for any help. Joan ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 11,373 times, with 9 replies. Last reply by jweston on 9/10/2009 at 12:54

Koh Lanta and around

Posted by backpack on 8/10/2009 at 17:53

Hi, I'm going to be in Koh Lanta at the 20 of the month for a few days or more. are the beaches in Lanta suppose to be clean and good for swimming at this period? do you know about some other quiet (but not too quiet) places for backpackers in the south which I can combine some hiking and also relaxing on the beach? thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,218 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by tezza on 8/10/2009 at 18:15

Travel from Koh Chang to Koh Samet

Posted by lizinwien on 6/10/2009 at 23:26

Hello, I am trying to plan a trip for March. Ideally we would stay a few nights in Bangkok, travel to Koh Chang, then to Koh Samet and then back to Bangkok. Is it possible to travel easily from Koh Chang to Koh Samet? I see they are both fairly accessible from Bangkok, but is there a boat from one to the other? Also, if anyone can recommend a cheap hotel on Koh Samet (around 1000 bah) that would also be wonderful. ps. this site is amazing! it has been really extremely helpful and i am very th ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 6,002 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by tezza on 8/10/2009 at 17:58

Koh Larn Pattaya

Posted by wacharinov on 7/10/2009 at 07:17 Koh Larn is a wonderful little island in the Gulf of Thailand. Koh Larn is located about 7km off the coast of Pattaya Beach of which is about two hours drive south of Bangkok. The Island is about 4... Koh Larn is a wonderful little island in the Gulf of Thailand. Koh Larn is located about 7km off the coast of Pattaya Beach of which is about two hours drive south of Bangkok. The Island is about 4km long and about 2km wide and has about a thousand re ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,883 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by malteaser on 8/10/2009 at 17:38

Krabi or Phi Phi and Khao yai....

Posted by NewbieC on 8/10/2009 at 13:54

Hello We're going to be in Thailand for about 12 days (mid to end of Feb) at the beginning of our trip of SE Asia. For about 6 days would you recommend going to Phi Phi and staying there or rather going to Krabi and doing day trips from there (we want to do relaxing on the beach and also some activities)?? Also is Khao Yai Park worth a visit and if so how long do you reckon. Wow...I'm SO excited - don't know how I'm going to last till Feb! Thanks guys ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,692 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by NewbieC on 8/10/2009 at 17:12

Flooding in Bangkok

Posted by Tilapia on 7/10/2009 at 06:09

Just an FYI for anyone heading to Bangkok sometime in the near future ... ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,896 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 8/10/2009 at 12:07

6/7 weeks in thailand/cambodia & vietnam

Posted by chivers on 7/10/2009 at 17:01

We'll be travelling out in early january - arriving in bangkok we're we will stay for 3 days then to chaing maifor 3 days, from chaing mai we wish to head to siam reap, phom penh then ho chi minh & then its back through thailand to the south to visit islands ko samui etc. It seems the train is most viable for most journeys. Whats our best option coming back from vietman heading to surat thani & apart from what i've mentioned is there anywhere else we should give our time to, especially in cambod ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,799 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 8/10/2009 at 12:05

Phuket to Ko Chang

Posted by Prototype on 4/12/2008 at 09:01

G'day all. I'm heading down to Phuket in a couple of weeks, then we're heading up to Ko Chang way around 3rd of Jan. What would be the best / cheapest way to get up there? Again, many thanks for all your help. Peace. - Jez ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,806 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by kohmaakisland on 7/10/2009 at 00:00

3 weeks in Thailand/Cambodia - advice on draft itinerary please...

Posted by slordan on 24/8/2009 at 21:40

I am planning a trip to Thailand and Cambodia at the end of October. Here is a draft itinerary but I’m not too sure if I’m trying to fit too much in. Any advice would be appreciated. This is my first back packing trip. Arrive in Bangkok Saturday evening - Stay two nights Monday, leave for Kanchanaburi – stay 2 nights Wednesday – get back to Bangkok and fly to Phnom Penh , Cambodia – stay 3 nights Saturday – depart Phnom Penh for Siam Reap - Stay in Siam Reap for 3 nig ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 6,697 times, with 18 replies. Last reply by slordan on 6/10/2009 at 22:02

Northern Thailand and Laos: itenerary advice

Posted by bellatrx on 6/10/2009 at 12:52

My boyfriend and I will be traveling through northern Thailand and Laos (with a side trip to Angkor Wat) for a month this Oct/Nov. We are in our late 20s and are excited about seeing cities, eating delicious food, wandering and hiking around, and getting to practice Thai (I can read s-l-o-w-l-y, and have been learning some vocab in preparation for the trip). Some combination of the awesome things that happen to be on the tourist trail ( Chiang Mai , Angkor Wat) and more off-trail things (Nan? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,524 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 6/10/2009 at 15:19

Thai Festivals

Posted by exacto on 6/10/2009 at 07:36

Here's a list of Thai holidays and festivals I put together a long time ago. Lots of the festivals and holidays follow the lunar calendar, so they won’t necessarily fall on the exact same day every year. During major holiday periods, like International New Year’s or the Songran Festival, all forms of transportation are booked solid, so plan ahead. You can also check the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) website to see if anything is on during your visit. It's at: http://www.tat. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,297 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by MADMAC on 6/10/2009 at 12:38

Phuket Town

Posted by virusvaleria on 18/8/2009 at 13:35

i booked 3 nites in Phuket Twon during xmas. Any tips on what to see/do? and how to get over to Phi Phi Island from there (or other islands for that matter)? thanks heaps ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 7,541 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by virusvaleria on 6/10/2009 at 12:23

Koh Lanta - Merry Hut

Posted by alexlazarus on 5/10/2009 at 16:55

Hi All, Does anyone know if Lanta Merry Hut are still around? I've emailed numerous times and no reply - is it better to call? And are they trust worthy with reservation in advance? Also, does anyone have any experience of Red Snapper's new bungalows? They are set back fromthe beach in what looks like a field, but is described as a garden setting. they look nice, but i have no idea about the surroudings... Cheers in advance, A ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,924 times, with no replies.

koh samet lodgings with a child

Posted by lampyclip on 3/10/2009 at 21:18

HI - we will be in Samet for 5 days end oct and have a 6 yr old son so we are looking for hotel/guest house that is not in an area too lively at night, and with a safe beach for daytime sandcastle building. We also want a house/bungalow with a varanda or outside area so that when the monster goes to bed we can sit out and chill without disturbing him yet still be very very close. Budget no more than 2500Bht/night & we like 'typical' (not europeanised modern if you see what I mean!),, Can anybo ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,041 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by lampyclip on 5/10/2009 at 02:32

Koh Lanta accommodation

Posted by lineborella on 3/10/2009 at 21:58

Me and my boyfriend are going to Koh Lanta start Nov. Looking for a place to stay but I´m getting quiet confused now browsing around all these opportunities. Budget: 1600-3000 THB What beach is the best? What resort/hotel/bungalow is the best? Any recommendations? We are looking for a place that is quiet, but not too quiet. Rather young people than too many children, nice bars and rest, sandy beach... Looking forward to receiving your recommendations. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,392 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by tezza on 4/10/2009 at 09:14

Views on Phimai Festival - itinerary help needed

Posted by RuthJ on 30/9/2009 at 22:07

Hello I feel a bit like a kid with all the sweeties! We're going to Thailand and I love it there (been many times to many places - it's my childhood nostalgic holiday place!) and there's just so many places I want to go - some I knew about some I've stumbled across on the internet whilst looking for things this time round. But I'm worried we're going to try and do too much and metaphorically make ourselves sick on too many sweets. So some itinerary help is needed please! Having read ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,339 times, with 11 replies. Last reply by Tilapia on 3/10/2009 at 23:35

Bangkok internation airport to Ban Phe by taxi

Posted by Lizzie26 on 28/9/2009 at 18:20

Any recommendations for a reasonably priced, comfortable trip return from Bangkok international airport to ferry for Ko Samet? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 8,630 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by tezza on 2/10/2009 at 20:15

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page