Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Thailand in December - Southeast or Southwest

Posted by clbe on 15/10/2009 at 11:26

Hello I will be in Thailand st the beginning of December for ten days. I want to head to the South for about a week before going to Bangkok - where do you think the weather will be nicer - East or West? Any advice would be great. Thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,590 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by clbe on 17/10/2009 at 12:01

South West Thailand Itinerary

Posted by andycotton1984 on 5/10/2009 at 20:13

Hello, I am travelling with my girlfriend to Thailand in March 2010 and would like some destination advice. I have booked my internal flights and I have nine days to travel from Krabi (airport)to Phuket (airport). After doing some research I have pencilled in 3 nights in Ao Nang or Railay, 2 nights in Koh Phi Phi and 4 nights in Phuket. Would we be better staying in Ao Nang or Railay? Also, have we got enough time in each destination to experience its highlights? Any advice ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,881 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by andycotton1984 on 16/10/2009 at 21:27

Film processing in Thailand

Posted by ssaint on 15/10/2009 at 19:34

Hi i have a really poor quality digital camera so was going to take an old SLR camera with me to Thailand. i was just wondering how easy it is to: 1. get hold of film in thailand? 2. get film processed? also, does anyone have suggestions of how i could get my photographs onto a computer? do internet cafes have scanners or do film processing places have the facillities to get it on a computer? Thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,516 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 16/10/2009 at 20:10

1 week in Thailand. Need help with indecision

Posted by raveler on 14/10/2009 at 23:06

Hi, I'll be traveling with my parents for 1 week over Christmas. It will be the first time any of us have visited Thailand and I'm finding myself faced with the old "so many things to do so little time" dilemma. It's pretty much come down to wether we should split our time between Chiangrai and Ko Yao Yai/Noi or just stay up north and save the islands for another trip? Trekking is out of my mom's comfort zone but I was thinking of trying at least a day hike out of maybe Mae Salong wi ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,371 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 16/10/2009 at 05:05

pattaya or bangkok?

Posted by jasonkim8486 on 22/9/2009 at 08:03

any difference in terms of the 'scene' between bangkok and pattaya, other than the fact that pattaya has beaches? im wondering if i should skip pattaya since im landing in bangkok and going to travel south ending up in phuket. am i going to be missing out or is it the same as bangkok? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 9,791 times, with 26 replies. Last reply by jasonkim8486 on 16/10/2009 at 02:42

How much does it cost to replace Thai visa?

Posted by momo82 on 10/10/2009 at 15:16

Hope someone can shed some light on this. I had my passport stolen (including other items). I'm in the process of replacing my British passport. I entered Thailand via Laos by air on sept 21st and my original visa should expire oct 21/22. Once I have collected my replacement pp in Bangkok I need to head over to the Thai Immigration. I'm unsure as to whether they do or should charge to replace a visa within a stolen passport (I have the original police report etc). Any info or adv ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,788 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by thaitraveller09 on 15/10/2009 at 11:02

Treks near Chiang Dao/Phrao/Doi Inthanon?

Posted by Bilby09 on 15/10/2009 at 07:02

Hi, staying in Chiang Mai in January and plan to do a 2 day trek during this time (I know.. would love to go trekking somewhere more off the beaten track such as Soppong or Mae Sariang but just don't have the time). Just wondering if anyone can recommend any particular trekking companies (especially guest houses) that offer 2 days of full on hiking (if possible in slightly less visited areas)? Not interested in elephants or rafting as we will probably ride elephants and go kayaking d ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,719 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by Bilby09 on 15/10/2009 at 08:05

itinerary advice for 3 weeks in Thailand

Posted by jendo on 10/10/2009 at 20:04

Hello there, I am a 25 year old female backpacker about to embark solo on a RTW trip. I will be in SEA for 7 weeks (arrive Bankok 2nd November, depart Singapore 24th December), and wish to spend 3 weeks in Thailand, 1 in Cambodia, 1 in Laos and the remaining 2 back in Thailand. For the first 3 weeks, I am trying to think of a wee route that will allow me to avoid being in heavily touristed areas too much, allow me to see both natural and manmade/cultural beauty (temples, art, history and pre ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 11,767 times, with 13 replies. Last reply by jendo on 15/10/2009 at 07:47

bus or train?

Posted by jasonkim8486 on 15/10/2009 at 04:50

which form of transport would you find more convenient for your average backpacker? buses or trains? i guess it would depend on the situation but id like to know what most others would prefer. say, if i wanted to get from bangkok to krabi? or chiang mai to bangkok? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,159 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by exacto on 15/10/2009 at 07:43

vang vieng to chiang mai

Posted by jasonkim8486 on 13/10/2009 at 02:58

ill be traveling from vang vieng, laos to chiang mai early-mid january. any one recommend any places to see worth the detour?? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 7,900 times, with 10 replies. Last reply by jasonkim8486 on 14/10/2009 at 20:50

mosquitio's!!!!!!!!!

Posted by darrenh on 14/12/2007 at 04:14

these guys love me! every where i go they come after me. i dont know why. some say that because im irish they can smell my sweet blood(from the alcohol!) i will be in chiang mai next march and then to some islands. will i have a problem?? anyone else with the same problem who found a product that actually works could they please let me know the brand name? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,341 times, with 25 replies. Last reply by MADMAC on 14/10/2009 at 10:31

Looking for advice on booking Thai trains

Posted by Jozudave on 13/10/2009 at 13:41

Hi, Just found this lovely little site while looking up train info for Thailand and thought I should sign up and ask the question I'm stuck on! :) I'm trying to book a train from Thailand to NongKai to go to Laos. And also a ticket before that to go from Chiang Mai to Ayuthaya. The problem is that Thai State Rail doesn't yet have an online booking facility and we are currently in Malaysia so can't visit a station in Thailand. We wish to book now as we have read that the 1st class slee ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,880 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by sarahg54 on 14/10/2009 at 05:49

3 dudes, 4 weeks in Thailand. Itinerary + gear advice?

Posted by cheapzen on 12/10/2009 at 16:03

Hey everyone, me and two buddies have booked to go to Thailand from 16 Nov til 15 Dec. We're all 18. We're flying to Bangkok and our plan was to spend 5 days in Bangkok, 5 days in Chang Mai, 5-7 days in Krabi and then spend the last of our days in Koh Chang before going back to Bangkok. Give a few days to spare for travel time and spending in places along the way. Can you guys suggest anything or give any advice on how to best go about this, cutting costs etc.? Please be as brief or ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,801 times, with 8 replies. Last reply by cheapzen on 14/10/2009 at 03:50

travelling thailand with 12 yr old for xmas and new year, best places to visit.

Posted by aynat73 on 13/10/2009 at 01:00

im travelling to thailand beginning of dec, flying to bangkok, then heading to chaing mai, and around, wanting to spend new year in koh samui, could anyone recommend somewhere to stay for xmas, where there is something to do, its going to be our first xmas alone due to berevement and we want it to be special. got a budget of around £60 per night. also we would be flying back from bangkok on the 2nd or 3rd jan, would we be able to travel back from koh samui in time (not sure bout transport duri ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,404 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by MADMAC on 13/10/2009 at 22:59

looking for : best little beach

Posted by monikaundsandra on 13/10/2009 at 02:12

hello, sorry, i hit return to fast and sent this message off empty.. no i did not discover a secret little natural wonderland, where the best of thailand´s beautiful beaches can be found in one not-too-hard-to-reach spots, which is not crowded but where a cocktail,food and accomodation is easily accessible without spending lots of money in a huge resort, where snorkeling, swimming and living the good life is possible without sharing it whith hundreds of tourists is possible.. and all that ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,904 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by idreamofdurian on 13/10/2009 at 21:36

Where to spend new year on West Coast of Thailand

Posted by alau81 on 12/10/2009 at 19:59

Hello, We will be spending Christmas in Ko Phi Phi, we were wondering where would be best to go for New Year's eve along that side of the coast, we don't really want to trek across to Koh Pha Ngan. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you! x ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,725 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by tezza on 13/10/2009 at 17:18

tsunami Alert?

Posted by vivekkrishna on 1/10/2009 at 13:27

I leave for Phuket in 6 hours and am obviously terrified. I know the Tsunami alert has been canceled, but what does this exactly mean? How is the weather now? My itinerary also includes phi phi for 4 days (from 3rd oct onward) I'm hysterical..this was going to be my first trip to Thailand and I couldn't wait to be there. Can someone please tell me how things are actually over in phuket? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,373 times, with 8 replies. Last reply by vivekkrishna on 13/10/2009 at 15:14

Bangkok to Calcutta

Posted by mmmmbeerlao on 13/10/2009 at 07:37

How much would a guy expect to pay flying roundtrip from Bangkok to Calcutta? Can these KhaoSan travel agents find the best deals or should I buy myself? Its just look ing cheaper to fly into bangkok from seattle, then book the India flights on an asian budget airline. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,133 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by ibalance48 on 13/10/2009 at 11:18

help with visas!!

Posted by wordy on 12/10/2009 at 23:33

can some1 please help me! right i'm doing a little 3 month trip, flying into bangkok, where i have to spend 1 nite due to my connecting flight the next day into laos. im then travelling through laos, into cambodia, and malaysia, before flying upto koh samui to spend xmas and the new year, doing a little island hopping and then flying home from bangkok on the 20th January. Can any1 please advise me on the situation with a visa for this trip in thailand. Do i need to get 1? do i not?? im no ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 951 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 13/10/2009 at 10:00

how long will it take to get from bangkok to vientiane?

Posted by fariphar on 13/10/2009 at 01:38

Hi everyone, I have just signed up to this and I'm apologising in advance if I'm asking questions that have already been posted :) I'm travellin to bangkok in new year and have booked an onward journey from bangkok to sydney 6 wks after my arrival. I have 6 weeks to travel from bangkok up to chiang mai, then on through laos, vietnam and cambodia. Am just wondering could anyone help me out with time frames? I want to organise my visa for vietnam before i travel. does anyone have any i ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,095 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by exacto on 13/10/2009 at 09:59

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page