Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

budget

Posted by jasonkim8486 on 19/9/2009 at 03:01

im going to be in thailand from the beginning of december thru the end of january [62 days]roughly, i understand this is peak season and im on somewhat of a low budget. im a bare necessities type a guy, minimal to almost no shopping will be done. just accommodations, food, and beer.whats a reasonable amount of money to be spent within that time period? [us dollars] ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,791 times, with 30 replies. Last reply by furneburner on 21/9/2009 at 16:16

Survanabhumi Airport to Kanchanburi by Bus

Posted by ano_1 on 21/9/2009 at 05:03

Hi, Could I please get some assistance with the logistics of getting from Survanabhumi Airport to nearest/easiest bus departure point to Kanchanaburi. Many Thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,470 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by sayadian on 21/9/2009 at 14:07

Oh dear, here we go again

Posted by sayadian on 19/9/2009 at 23:14

Reports today of running battles between yellow shirts and Thai riot police as the yellows attempt to 'reclaim Thai land at Preah Vihar' in Sisaket.Also a huge demo by the reds in Bangkok.At least this time they aren't in the same location. Let's hope this does not escalate as the high season approaches. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,202 times, with 14 replies. Last reply by MADMAC on 21/9/2009 at 11:25

questions about water purification

Posted by briep on 20/9/2009 at 15:14

I'm heading to Thailand for my first time in a couple weeks and I want to know what the best water purification method is. I'm wondering if the tablets or the drops change the taste of the water, and how long you have to leave them in before the water is safe to drink. Also, is the UV method (Steripen) worth paying for? How dangerous is it to drink the water in Thailand? Should I be worried about ice cubes in drinks? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,666 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by SBE on 21/9/2009 at 02:46

SE Asia Itinerary

Posted by MikeObrad on 19/9/2009 at 06:35

Hi All, I am new to these boards and recently found out about them and was glad to find a wealth of knowledge here, as I have some questions in putting together a SE Asia trip for my fiance and I. This is going to be our first trip to Asia, however, we have been throughout Eurpoe, Central America, South America, and Australia and futunately for me she has been a good sport when we have had to rough it. Anyway, I am looking to put together a trip next summer (sometime between June and August) ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,180 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by mattocmd on 20/9/2009 at 10:46

Travel from ko Phi Phi to Trang Islands

Posted by Bigsterrules on 19/9/2009 at 16:40

Hi there Myself and my GF are staying at Wally's Paradise Lost in mid November and we are wondering if anyone knows the best way to get there in one day and how much it would cost? I have looked at Tigerline Ferries and they dont start rnning until December. Are there any other ferry companies that couldtake us? If we have to go Phi Phi - Krabi - Trang - Pak Meng - Kradan then it seems like this would take longer than a day (i.e. a stopover would be necessay in sy Trang) Thanks fo ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,581 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by tezza on 20/9/2009 at 08:09

The south - Slow and cheap in the month of May?

Posted by fliplap on 16/9/2009 at 19:11

A friend and I will spend 30ish days backpacking up through southern Thailand on our way from Kuala Lumpur to Bangkok in May of 2010. Budget and time constraints are keeping us out of the north unfortunately. We're slow travelers and like to camp (will have tent). We like to walk and trek and aren't really partiers. We don't mind if the resorts are closed as long as there's somewhere to stay and somewhere to eat. I poked around the forums but didn't see any solid info on where to be in M ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,737 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by tezza on 19/9/2009 at 21:39

Trang islands in the beg. of November?

Posted by boleslav on 18/9/2009 at 00:12

I am looking at the weather charts and it seems that it's not such a great idea to visit the Trang islands in the first two weeks of November, after all. They seem to be so perfect for laid back vacation, with snorkeling, no crowds.... Being stuck, can you, please, advise 1/alternative or 2/if you think that it's still worth going, let me know. The question how to get there from Trang remains. thank you. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,191 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by SBE on 19/9/2009 at 15:46

Thai Island Weather/Accomodation Request-Realtime

Posted by 44cuse on 18/9/2009 at 09:04

Hi All, Thank you in advance for any assistance anyone can provide. 1st off, this is fairly immediate request which is why I am making it versus reading the other posts on the topic. I have read most of them and they have played a part in my decision. We just got through with 10 days in Northern Vietnam and 5 days in Chiang Mai. We are looking to head to Ko Samui, Ko Pha Ngan, or potentially Ko Tao . We have done our research to know that is likely where we will be getting our best we ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,759 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by tezza on 18/9/2009 at 18:12

Thai Beaches Next Qee

Posted by 44cuse on 14/9/2009 at 13:54

Can you elaborate just a teeny bit? ;-)) ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,966 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by idreamofdurian on 18/9/2009 at 15:49

Kanchanaburi to Bangkok during Songkran

Posted by ano_1 on 17/9/2009 at 16:44

Hi, Have just realised travel plans I have made rely on the mini or other buses running between Kanchanaburi and Bangkok during Songkran, has anyone any ideas/experience re this. Thanks for any help. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,937 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by mikethediver on 18/9/2009 at 14:32

Vietnam Info Available

Posted by 44cuse on 18/9/2009 at 09:09

If anyone on this forum is planning to head to Vietnam (Northern only) and would like any real time (or near real time) info...please respond here and let me know. I can help with the following: 1. Hotels: Hanoi, Sapa, Ha Long Bay (no tour information as we did everything on our own in Ha Long Bay) 2. Tours: Can help in detail with tour info for Sapa. motorbikes are the way to go after you trek. 3. Restaurants: Detailed restaurant info including great street food and restaurants in Hano ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,217 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 18/9/2009 at 13:42

looking for a great place to shack up for a month or two

Posted by owsleybeck on 16/9/2009 at 15:44

I am getting booted out of China for a month or two as i have been working here for more than 5 years. I am hoping to find a great place to stay maybe in a bungalow that has great facilities that is affordable maybe some place that I can stay for a few months at a decent rate. I'm not really interested in staying in a city. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,300 times, with 12 replies. Last reply by MADMAC on 18/9/2009 at 12:03

Phanom Rung

Posted by Kostichka on 10/3/2009 at 22:05

Everyone, I am planning my stay in Thailand which is about 50 days. I fly into BKK on April 1st and would like to make it to Phanom by April 4th to see both, the sunrise and the "Ascent of Phanom Rung" festival. Can someone tell me what is the best way to get there for sunrise? Is it be possible to find someone to drive me from Nang Rong at 5AM, or do I have to rely on renting my own transport. Thanks in advance for your help! K ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,847 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by jarvis1 on 17/9/2009 at 23:52

Ko Lanta with family

Posted by pia2am on 15/9/2009 at 03:15

Hi We, a family of 4, kids aged 5 and 8, will travel to Ko Lanta and stay for about a week in january as part of our 2 month in SE Asia and rtw trip. Can any of you recommend a family friendly guesthouse on an nice kiddie friendly beach? We can max pay $40 a night. I have tried to contact Lanta Bee Garden several times but no reply. Is this place closed? Thanks in advance Pia ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,491 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by pia2am on 17/9/2009 at 23:21

land or sea?

Posted by jasonkim8486 on 17/9/2009 at 08:28

whats the best travel option to get from pattaya to ko tao? by land or sea(if even possible by sea). by land looks like a pain in the a$$ because i would have to travel BACK up to bangkok where im originally coming from then swing back down due to the geography of the sea. by sea looks like a straight shot...any advice?? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 986 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by SBE on 17/9/2009 at 15:46

ko tao accommodations..?

Posted by jasonkim8486 on 17/9/2009 at 08:18

are there any accommodations in ko tao or is it just a day tripper? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,319 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 17/9/2009 at 08:21

Help with my itinerady

Posted by Manumask on 16/9/2009 at 00:42

Hello! Me and my gf have 5 weeks in Asia. Sorry for the long post hehe but we are very close to our first international holiday and still have a lot of doubts!!! We like sun, beaches, nature and culture equally, and we are not looking for nightlife that is why we will spend only 1 day in Bangkok. I wanted to spend only a day each in Koh Phang Nan and Koh Tao but because she found out about the FMP I had to change it, my gf really wants to go I personally don't mind(are HMP any better?).. W ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,157 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 17/9/2009 at 07:28

one-two-go airline placed on EU blacklist

Posted by sayadian on 16/9/2009 at 13:59

THE families of a couple killed in a plane crash while travelling through Asia said today their deaths were "preventable". The parents of Alex Collins and Bethan Jones, whose grandparents, Howard and Harriet Collins, come from Mumbles, have also warned about the dangers of flying on airplanes listed on an EU blacklist. Tomorrow marks the second anniversary of the air disaster at Phuket, Thailand, when the budget operator One-Two-Go crashed on approach to landing, killing 90 passengers and ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,903 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by SBE on 17/9/2009 at 02:44

when to book hostels/bungalows

Posted by jasonkim8486 on 16/9/2009 at 03:53

im leaving for thailand in beginning of december..planning on staying till end of january[2 months] when should i start booking my hostels and/or bungalows ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,503 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by idreamofdurian on 16/9/2009 at 16:20

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page