Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Looking for 1 more island to Ko Kradan...

Posted by boleslav on 24/9/2009 at 03:57

After slots of reading we are set on the Ko Kradan island for few days. But still looking for one more island to visit in this area where one could enjoy the nature, walks, kayaking, not the crowds. Can you help me please? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,645 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by boleslav on 24/9/2009 at 22:33

True Thai story

Posted by MADMAC on 23/9/2009 at 12:58

I came to Thailand to live in June of 2007. My wife, myself and our little girl first stayed in my wife's village. Two days after I arrived, along came a fortune teller. Now, I think it's all hocus pocus, but it was only 20 baht - so why not? The lady tells me to go outside and find a leaf that talks to me. I tell her maybe plants talk to her, but they don't talk to me. My wife tells me to just go do it. So I walk outside and grab the first leaf I see. She takes it, mixes it with some powde ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,285 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by MADMAC on 24/9/2009 at 12:47

When the dorm is a squat

Posted by somtam2000 on 22/9/2009 at 17:51

Matador has a good piece on a joint in Bangkok that isn't really quite what is seems -- you can read the full story here While we do incorporate third party listings into the booking side of Travelfish, rest assured we probably wouldn't write this place up, quite, well, how they write up themselves... ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,816 times, with 18 replies. Last reply by MADMAC on 24/9/2009 at 12:43

Khao Lak to Trang - how?

Posted by boleslav on 23/9/2009 at 08:55

Our next stop will be the islands in the Trang province, Ko Kradan. How can we get there quickly from Khao Lak? thank you, ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,125 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by boleslav on 23/9/2009 at 21:52

More remote, less touristy and more 'Thai' culture in the south western islands

Posted by jojow25 on 23/9/2009 at 14:46

Hi guys, anyone out there been to any of the islands: Koh Ra Ko Phayam ? We want to explore an island or two and since we are going to be seeing a friend in Khao Lak (who is working there) we thought it would makes sense to do these islands rather than the more widely covered Koh Samui, Koh Phag nan etc on the East. Would love to hear anyone who has been to stay in any of these places. Could you recommend somewhere cheap and cheerful to stay (between 600 - 1000B) and also good walk ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,216 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by tezza on 23/9/2009 at 19:28

Chiang Mai to Khao Lak- what's the best way?

Posted by boleslav on 23/9/2009 at 08:49

Hello dear travelers, we'll be coming to Khao Lka from Chiang Mai, what is the best transportation method so that we do not spend too much vacation time on the road? Thank you. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,379 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by cybervlad on 23/9/2009 at 10:53

travel itinerary..

Posted by jasonkim8486 on 23/9/2009 at 04:10

how long are bus/train rides from bangkok to ko tao? am i better off taking bus or train? same question for chiang mai to bangkok? anyone suggest nice places to visit between bangkok and ko tao? im on a budget ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,040 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by jasonkim8486 on 23/9/2009 at 08:00

nakhon si thammarat anyone?

Posted by fondo on 11/9/2009 at 08:09

Not a regular destination I know, but if anyone has information/recommendations about parks, beaches, accom, cultural interests - whatever - feel free to post! I'll be driving down the Central Coast from Hua Hin, so anything along the way would be good to know too. BTW, I've done extensive internet research, so I'm really looking for personal suggestions and experiences. Cheers! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,808 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by fondo on 23/9/2009 at 07:21

House to Rent for month

Posted by billbevan01 on 21/9/2009 at 01:55

Hi, my partner and me are returning to Thailand with our 6 month old baby. We're looking to stay in a couple of places for at least one month in each location. We'd like to stay in a small semi-rural location in the north with access to walks and in a quiet beach with some snorkelling and walking. We've been thinking of Chiang Rai and Koh Lanta but wonder if there are other places worth considering? Is Pai worth looking into? We're looking to avoid the high malarial risk areas near the borde ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,013 times, with 12 replies. Last reply by MADMAC on 22/9/2009 at 22:25

Khao San street food

Posted by kerouac2 on 20/9/2009 at 01:10

Yes, I know that most of you have seen it and appreciated it in the past, but here is a small gallery of what was available in the KSR area last week: http://tinyurl.com/l2c9w3 ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,757 times, with 10 replies. Last reply by MADMAC on 22/9/2009 at 15:42

Cotton weaving in the south

Posted by wombatrois on 20/9/2009 at 08:00

Apart from the industry on Ko Yo in Songkhla Province, does anyone know of any other cotton-weaving industries along the southern gulf area? I guess somewhere between Bangkok and Surat Thani - Nakhon Si Thammarat - I don't think we'll be going down as far as Songkhla. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 731 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by wombatrois on 22/9/2009 at 12:54

What cigarettes available?

Posted by pamjane on 22/9/2009 at 09:31

We're finalizing our packing list and have a question... can we find Marlboro Menthol cigarettes in Phuket? How about around the rest of Thailand? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,474 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by pamjane on 22/9/2009 at 09:43

question about ultimate Thailand explorer contest by TAT

Posted by Jake on 21/9/2009 at 15:35

Hey all, Just wondering...has anyone heard about this or signed up to do it? www.ultimatethailandexplorer.com It looks like there isn't that much competition yet. I'm thinking about doing it, if I can just find a video camera. It says I have to apply for a specific city in Thailand out of: 1) Bangkok 2) Pattaya 3) Chang Mai 4) Phuket 5) Koh Samui Which one is the best city to go for? Thanks, J ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,120 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by furneburner on 21/9/2009 at 16:19

budget

Posted by jasonkim8486 on 19/9/2009 at 03:01

im going to be in thailand from the beginning of december thru the end of january [62 days]roughly, i understand this is peak season and im on somewhat of a low budget. im a bare necessities type a guy, minimal to almost no shopping will be done. just accommodations, food, and beer.whats a reasonable amount of money to be spent within that time period? [us dollars] ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,815 times, with 30 replies. Last reply by furneburner on 21/9/2009 at 16:16

Survanabhumi Airport to Kanchanburi by Bus

Posted by ano_1 on 21/9/2009 at 05:03

Hi, Could I please get some assistance with the logistics of getting from Survanabhumi Airport to nearest/easiest bus departure point to Kanchanaburi. Many Thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,489 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by sayadian on 21/9/2009 at 14:07

Oh dear, here we go again

Posted by sayadian on 19/9/2009 at 23:14

Reports today of running battles between yellow shirts and Thai riot police as the yellows attempt to 'reclaim Thai land at Preah Vihar' in Sisaket.Also a huge demo by the reds in Bangkok.At least this time they aren't in the same location. Let's hope this does not escalate as the high season approaches. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,236 times, with 14 replies. Last reply by MADMAC on 21/9/2009 at 11:25

questions about water purification

Posted by briep on 20/9/2009 at 15:14

I'm heading to Thailand for my first time in a couple weeks and I want to know what the best water purification method is. I'm wondering if the tablets or the drops change the taste of the water, and how long you have to leave them in before the water is safe to drink. Also, is the UV method (Steripen) worth paying for? How dangerous is it to drink the water in Thailand? Should I be worried about ice cubes in drinks? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,723 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by SBE on 21/9/2009 at 02:46

SE Asia Itinerary

Posted by MikeObrad on 19/9/2009 at 06:35

Hi All, I am new to these boards and recently found out about them and was glad to find a wealth of knowledge here, as I have some questions in putting together a SE Asia trip for my fiance and I. This is going to be our first trip to Asia, however, we have been throughout Eurpoe, Central America, South America, and Australia and futunately for me she has been a good sport when we have had to rough it. Anyway, I am looking to put together a trip next summer (sometime between June and August) ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,199 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by mattocmd on 20/9/2009 at 10:46

Travel from ko Phi Phi to Trang Islands

Posted by Bigsterrules on 19/9/2009 at 16:40

Hi there Myself and my GF are staying at Wally's Paradise Lost in mid November and we are wondering if anyone knows the best way to get there in one day and how much it would cost? I have looked at Tigerline Ferries and they dont start rnning until December. Are there any other ferry companies that couldtake us? If we have to go Phi Phi - Krabi - Trang - Pak Meng - Kradan then it seems like this would take longer than a day (i.e. a stopover would be necessay in sy Trang) Thanks fo ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,646 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by tezza on 20/9/2009 at 08:09

The south - Slow and cheap in the month of May?

Posted by fliplap on 16/9/2009 at 19:11

A friend and I will spend 30ish days backpacking up through southern Thailand on our way from Kuala Lumpur to Bangkok in May of 2010. Budget and time constraints are keeping us out of the north unfortunately. We're slow travelers and like to camp (will have tent). We like to walk and trek and aren't really partiers. We don't mind if the resorts are closed as long as there's somewhere to stay and somewhere to eat. I poked around the forums but didn't see any solid info on where to be in M ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,778 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by tezza on 19/9/2009 at 21:39

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page