Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

best place in south east asia for new years

Posted by ariesdude82 on 17/8/2009 at 05:40

Whats the best place to celebrate new years in south east Asia ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,385 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by Jon_Mak_Mak on 18/8/2009 at 17:11

Apartments to Rent

Posted by billbevan01 on 18/8/2009 at 03:22

Hi, we're thinking of renting a house or apartment at a Thai beach for a month in December/January after doing the same in Chiang Rai. We're staying in Thailand for 4 months with our 6 month old baby and plan on staying a while in a couple of places. Does anyone have any info on contacts for apartments to rent on Koh Lanta, big Koh Chang or in the Trang area? Please only reply if you are happy to spend your time doing so with info that might be of help. Thanks, Bill ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,046 times, with no replies.

Ko samuoi to krabi

Posted by ffcman on 14/8/2009 at 07:59

wanted to fly from ko samuoi to Krabi to save time, thought you could, as far as i can see apparantley not, has to be via phuket. anyone have any other info or ideas. much appreciated ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,496 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by ffcman on 18/8/2009 at 02:10

where to get travel pack in thailand

Posted by ariesdude82 on 17/8/2009 at 05:38

I'm going to Thailand in Oct from Canada and would like to know where i can get inexpensive travel packs in thailand. I read somewhere that the quality of these bags arent good. is this true? can you even get good ones. It seems mountain coop's bags are mostly made in Vietnam ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,382 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by Sparts on 17/8/2009 at 23:42

3 weeks - Christmas & New Year Itinerary

Posted by alexlazarus on 17/8/2009 at 16:41

Hi All, it's bee a while since i've been on - had a wedding to plan! - but am now onto the 'honeymoon' (albeit 4 months after the actual wedding!). So, we arrive in Bangkok on the evening of the 12th of December and want to do a little travellig around for a week or so before heading down to the islands. I'm not sure that i want us to hot foot-it up to Chang Mai to then travel all the way down to Trang over-land, ad we're trying to save cash by not flying. We really enjoyed using the tr ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,062 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by alexlazarus on 17/8/2009 at 21:39

Nov Half Moon Party accomodation advice

Posted by alssolotour on 14/8/2009 at 02:04

Hi, Will I be able to show up on 9th Nov and get a decent place to stay for 400-500TB per night for 3 nights or should I book ahead? I can arrive a day earlier if better, will be on Ko Tao. I see lots of places want 5/7 night stays, will my only staying 3 limit my choice of places or make it more expensive? Any opinions greatly appreciated. Many Thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,756 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by Sparts on 16/8/2009 at 20:50

Posted by patmuk on 15/8/2009 at 01:57

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,184 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by SBE on 16/8/2009 at 00:21

staying in a buddhist temple in SE Asia!!!

Posted by soQQuadro on 3/8/2009 at 08:50

Hi everyone. This site is quite amazing( almost regretted having bought the LP guide.eheheh) anyhow I'd really like to know whether is feasible to stay a couple of nights in a monastery and share monks life or anything close to that.I'll b travelling from mid October,November,to middle of December through North Thailand,North Laos,central Vietnam and Cambodia. any suggestion??? ah! talking about myself and my man.mid 20's couple. TA in advance P.S. being new I post this already,but in the ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,759 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by MADMAC on 15/8/2009 at 12:13

Pai and Soppiong updated

Posted by somtam2000 on 15/8/2009 at 10:45

Better late than never! Save the maps and a couple of missing pics, our coverage of the northern Thai centres of Pai and Soppong have been completely updated. We're editing new coverage for Mae Hong Son and Chiang Dao at the moment, so more on the way. Enjoy. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,323 times, with no replies.

Posted by SophieAlice363 on 14/8/2009 at 21:51

Hello again! Ive decided to head straight to ko chang from my arrival in bangkok. is ko chang worth a visit now adays? (i know theres lots of info on the net but i prefer your opinions). and is there any way of getting to ko pha ngan from ko chang without having to get a bus from bangkok? i.e, can u get a boat across!? thanks in advance x ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 891 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by exacto on 15/8/2009 at 08:09

2 Week Thailand Itinery (comments and suggestions welcome)

Posted by Geezy on 12/8/2009 at 17:31

Hi All, I'm going to Thailand for 2 weeks next week. I have never been before and this is my first time away travelling on my own. I am 28 years old. I am really excited and fearful at the same time (healthy fear). I have made a final itinery which goes like this - Fly into BKK Spend 3 days in Bangkok then get the day train to Chang Mai and spend 3 days there (i've heard the day train is best for the scenery) Take a flight from Chang Mai to Ko Samui spend the rest of my holiday ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,611 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by seagypsy on 15/8/2009 at 06:31

Visa Questions ?

Posted by jumpinjono on 10/8/2009 at 14:16

Im goin to thailand in january, my plan is to travel bangkok phuket phiphi ko lanta krabi ko samui bangkok over 6 weeks i will be travelling with a friend who needs to return home then. I would like to stay for another month or so or until my money runs out and want to stay as flexible as possible concerning travel plans. can i get a 60 day visa and then go off on a side trip to cambodia or vietnam before returning to thailand for a little while before i go ? do i need ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,879 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by jumpinjono on 15/8/2009 at 03:36

Best places to see ELEPHANTS?

Posted by DLuek on 21/6/2008 at 15:21

Hi yall, My girlfriend and I are planning on travelling throughout SE Asia w/ no time restrictions, starting this winter. And, we love elephants! I've seen elephants around in Thailand, pretty much everywhere, in a couple trips I took there in '06 and '07 and I rode one at Ayuthaya. But I never actually did an elephant trek in their natural habitat. Anyone know the best places to see and ride elephants in Thailand, Cambodia, Laos or Vietnam? Peace, D ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 10,117 times, with 10 replies. Last reply by sophiegirl on 14/8/2009 at 22:53

Day trips from Chiang Rai

Posted by billbevan01 on 8/8/2009 at 03:10

Hi, we're staying in Chiang Rai for 4 weeks or more in October and November. Does anyone know of places you can visit on day trips from Chiang Rai by public transport or bicycle? We're not necessarily looking for amazing sites but interesting wats, tea plantations, forest, etc that have some tracks to walk along. We know about Wat Rong Khun. Thanks in advance for any help. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,501 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by billbevan01 on 14/8/2009 at 17:36

Accommodation, Ko Tao

Posted by lozza1978 on 13/8/2009 at 23:17

Hello Our trips is fast approaching and were now creating an itinerary of what we want to do, We've been using travelfish accommodation, to locate hotels in Thailand and Laos, but we cannot locate any hotels on the Island of Ko Tao , were looking for backpacker type places, bungalows/beech huts Have we missed the accommodation link for Ko Tao on travelfish?, and could anyone recommend places to stay?. Thanks for reading my post. lozza1978 & friends ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,105 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by SBE on 14/8/2009 at 07:32

Need Help Planning A Trip

Posted by dbar1982 on 14/8/2009 at 01:35

My friends and I (8 guys total) are planning on going to Thailand from December 26th - January 3rd. We've heard all about some great places, but we don't where to start. Does anyone know a travel agent/agency that might help us plan the trip? What are some of places we have to visit (keep in mind we are all single guys age 26-28)? Thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,270 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by SBE on 14/8/2009 at 05:18

Koh phi pho

Posted by phili on 12/8/2009 at 21:35

hello :) planning on spending ten nights in phi phi in december, was just wondering if we were too stay in one accommodation the whole time would we be able to see all of phi phi? Or does it require up and leaving from one accommodation to another? the place we are looking at at the moment is in phak nam bay? Any tips much appreciated ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,444 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by phili on 13/8/2009 at 13:22

Ko Pha Ngan full moon party

Posted by halongbay07 on 13/8/2009 at 01:44

im planning on heading to Ko Pha Ngan for the full moon party and having never been to one before i just wanted to knowhow good they are? and what the best ways to travel there from bangkok are? also any hotel recommendations would be great as well! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,631 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 13/8/2009 at 06:51

Bangkok - 12 Wat in 1 day

Posted by Jon_Mak_Mak on 12/8/2009 at 19:42

Im trying to find info on something about going to 12 (might be less/more) Wat's in Bangkok in 1 day. At each Wat you pray for a certain thing depending on the Wat. Anyone got any idea, I found the info on a Thai persons blog last year but google hasn't returned anything. JMM ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,075 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by Jon_Mak_Mak on 13/8/2009 at 01:32

Recommended Restaurant- G.K. Restaurant, Bang Saphan

Posted by hmichels on 12/8/2009 at 13:15

A very nice, friendly, little restaurant seving very good home made food. Nuang, the owner, used herbs and flowers picked from the garden to colour and produce some very delicious meals. Situated opposite Lola's bungalows we ate here every mealtime for five days. We were given lots of extra tasty snacks and a free ride into town! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,248 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by Jon_Mak_Mak on 12/8/2009 at 15:44

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page