Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

What is the best island at the end of September?

Posted by vinygo on 11/7/2009 at 18:39

Hi guys, I'm traveling to SE Asia for 3 months from the 20th September and I have a friend joining me for 10 days. She wants to go south and discover an island and I'm not sure where to take her. I've been to Ko Tao and Ko Phan-Ngan in March this year and I love it but I would prefer to discover another place. Should I be worried about the weather? I'm not very keen on going to Phuket but is it better for us to go to (1) Ko Phi-Phi or (2) Ko Samet and Ko Chang or back or souther ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,570 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by vinygo on 20/7/2009 at 15:56

bangkok-chiang mai-laos-cambodia-bangkok

Posted by halongbay07 on 14/7/2009 at 01:53

is this route easily done? and if so i would welcome any tips including border crossings. and by the way i have 3 weeks! thanks. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,586 times, with 9 replies. Last reply by halongbay07 on 19/7/2009 at 23:51

Organisers of Full Moon Party

Posted by tmreaney on 15/7/2009 at 19:37

Hi, Does anybody know how to get in contact with the organizers directly or even better get in touch with the Backyard Club managers. Me and the wife are heading there in Sept 09 and she is a rockin dj, and she'd love to play at such an amazing event. She has played all over the world and has residencies in London but this is something special. If anybody knows how to help, I'll owe you a beer or two. Thanks Tom ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,487 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by tezza on 18/7/2009 at 13:22

Children in Myanmar

Posted by BruceMoon on 14/7/2009 at 18:34

There are several travellers living in Thailand. Each may be interested... The ABC Australian television program Foreign Correspondent has scheduled for Tuesday 14th July an indepth program on Myanmar. The program describes the content as: "Last year Cyclone Nargis devastated Burma. Thousands of orphaned children were left to fend for themselves. Undercover camera teams risk jail to reveal their touching stories of the youngest survivors". Foreign Correspondent programs are usually h ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,015 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by SBE on 18/7/2009 at 04:28

Where to exchange money?

Posted by shazhippychild on 16/7/2009 at 20:58

I leave for Thailand in 3 weeks and am unsure where is best to exchange my money! I have heard that you get a better exchange rate in Thailand. Is this true? I am leaving from South Africa, so would it be better to do it here before I go, or once I arrive there? Peace, Shaz ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 12,806 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by MADMAC on 17/7/2009 at 21:57

NYE 2009-2010 In Thailand

Posted by virusvaleria on 16/7/2009 at 10:23

We are off to Sth East Asia for 4 weeks and we're gonna be in thailand during NYE. Whats a good celebration spot? We were thinkin either Bangkok or Phuket ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,995 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by MADMAC on 16/7/2009 at 15:24

Help! - Koh Phangan Accommodation Full Moon Party

Posted by KatieI on 15/7/2009 at 23:11

My boyfriend and I are heading to Koh Phangan late November. Ideally we were looking at staying for 5 nights to be there for the 2nd Dec Full Moon Party. We're really struggling finding accom. We're not too fussed on location - something with a nice beach, don't mind if it's a ride away from the party and looking to spend around 1200-1300THB per night. Every place we've found suitable is booked out, shut down or has a 7 night minimum. Any help with recommendations would be greatly appre ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,360 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by tezza on 16/7/2009 at 08:13

Hostel without booking

Posted by nat_c on 15/7/2009 at 20:40

I am reaching BKK in the midnight of Aug.6. 1. As i was moving between countries, I canceled my credit card so I can't book the hostel by Internet. sit difficult to get a place to stay in bkk in the middle of the night. 2. Could you also suggest a place where I could meet some travelers and probably join part of the journey to Cambodia. I did that in Beijing is it possible in BKK. 3. I trying to make the best of the inconvenience of not having a credit card by not planning anything. Is it ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,252 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by BruceMoon on 15/7/2009 at 22:00

Best/Most exciting Jungle experience in Thailand?

Posted by koenoosterbroek on 12/7/2009 at 19:58

Hi, I'm going to thailand for 3 weeks for the first time and I'm really searching for an exciting rainforest experience, which one do you guys think is best and where is it organised? Where can you find the purest most beautifull thick rainforest experience? Best would be with 1 night stay in the middle of the jungle or something. (but not too much to the North of the country since that's off our route.) -koen! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 9,951 times, with 19 replies. Last reply by BruceMoon on 15/7/2009 at 14:05

Chiang Mai best hostel?

Posted by SarahJay on 1/7/2009 at 17:20

Hi everyone. I'm going to Chiang Mai for Songkran and would like your advice on the best place to stay? I'm on a budget but want somewhere clean, comfortable and friendly! Would like to stay close to the action but not too close that I am getting soaked constantly! Any advise would be great. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,250 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by MADMAC on 15/7/2009 at 14:03

Bangkok Travel Tours

Posted by paulshuttle on 15/7/2009 at 05:34

I leave for bangkok on saturday, arrive on sunday. I plan on booking a chiang mai trek, tiger temple, floatin market, river kwai etc I wanted to know the best/safest place to book such tours? I have read so many scams, and people wearing official looking badges but are just fake. Where do i go? A friend said in the Hua Lamphong train station? But then is the scammers in there as they know i know!! Any help before fri night much appreciated! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,609 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by BruceMoon on 15/7/2009 at 07:53

Travelling South of Thailand

Posted by JulesNunes on 13/7/2009 at 12:59

My partner and I would like to go to from Bangkok to Koh Tao, Koh Tao to Krabi and Krabi to Phuket. How is the best (cheapest) way to get there and if you know any prices? The travel i have been looking was combined tickets, but i am still not sure how is the best way or even some travel agencies. Thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,920 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by tezza on 14/7/2009 at 18:26

cinema in chiang mai

Posted by thailand_asia on 7/7/2009 at 22:50

hello from chiang mai city, the next 2 month i stay in chiang mai city but i dont find any cinema with english subtitles. somebody of you travel to cm in north thailand already and can help me? thanks a lot andre ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,531 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by idreamofdurian on 14/7/2009 at 13:16

Posted by ljbol on 12/7/2009 at 01:51

HELLO ALL, I am L.J. and my G/F lives in KHON KAEN I will be traveling to Phitsanulok and then i want to ride a bus yes a bus from Phitsanulok to Khon Kaen.. Does anyone know where i can get a timetable in english to find out the times and bus # to KHON KAEN? thanks i arrive THAILAND 3 AUG 2009...cant wait ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,172 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by ljbol on 14/7/2009 at 10:00

Thailand west coast islands - July/August sunshine?

Posted by VickyWebb on 13/7/2009 at 16:16

Hi guys, I know there are many questions regarding weather at this time of year, however after looking through many forums I have been unable to find clear information regarding how much sunshine to expect. My boyfriend and I are landing in Malaysia and flying to Langkawi, then planning on focussing the start of our trip on Thailand's west coast islands like Ko Lipe, Ko Tarutao and Ko Phi Phi in last week of July and first 2 weeks of August. Upon reading many different pieces of advice abo ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 14,230 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by tezza on 13/7/2009 at 20:14

Bangkok to Sihanoukville or Bangkok to Chianf Mai

Posted by lozza1978 on 13/7/2009 at 04:13

Hello I was thinking of heading north from Bangkok to Chiang Mai crossing the border in to Laos then heading south in to Cambodia before heading back to Bangkok for the flight home. However ive read some amazing articles recently and im having second thoughts, Money is the issue for me, I want to do the all three countries on the cheap. on the cheap i mean I have £2500, including visa’s and travel expenses for 3 months(87 days Bangkok – Bangkok London), I know I should be able to do i ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,559 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by BruceMoon on 13/7/2009 at 17:49

Best neighborhoods to stay in in Bangkok?

Posted by bellatrx on 13/7/2009 at 08:11

I am overwhelmed by the insane number of options for hotels in Bangkok, and am hoping to get some sound advice on neighborhoods to help narrow down the search a little. 1) I am looking for something that is most decidedly NOT Khao San Road. My priorities are access to transit (sky train?) and access to a walkable, no-nonsense neighborhood with delicious food/markets. It would be nice to be somewhere that is vibrant and active but something approximating a Thai neighborhood. Price range, prob ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 8,339 times, with 11 replies. Last reply by SBE on 13/7/2009 at 15:27

Department of silly laws

Posted by somtam2000 on 9/7/2009 at 21:21

And now for something from the utterly ridiculous department. The Nation reports today that tutorial schools and internet cafes will be closed for 2 weeks from July 13 until 28. This is in a bid to prevent the spreading of "influenza 2009". May I suggest respectfully that instead, they close parliament from July 13 until 28 to protect the rest of the country from more ridiculous rulings like this one. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,319 times, with 23 replies. Last reply by MADMAC on 12/7/2009 at 23:46

2 Weeks in Thailand

Posted by fevoldj2 on 9/7/2009 at 07:54

I am going to Thailand between the 17th of July and the 2nd of August. I am only making a rough plan of the trip because I want to be very flexible. I just want to get good locations down. So far, this is the plan: 18th - 23rd: Chiang Mai. We want to go to Sappong to the Cave Lodge for two days, spend on day in Sankampaeng for the hot springs and then spend the remainder of our time in Chiang Mai. 24th - 29th: Krabi . Here we want to go from Krabi to Kho Phi Phi. I am unsure of other isla ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,799 times, with 8 replies. Last reply by fevoldj2 on 12/7/2009 at 21:26

Where to go after Chang Mai?

Posted by CosmicStar on 8/7/2009 at 05:20

I am travelling around Thailand for 4 weeks from end of July to end of August. I am travelling with a friend and we are starting and ending our adventure on Bangkok. We plan to go straight up to Chang Mai for a week, but are not sure where to go next before we hit the South and the beaches down there. Any ideas on what is really good to see to enhance our experience? Anywhere between Chang Mai and Phuket. Thanks in advance. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,745 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by BruceMoon on 12/7/2009 at 06:39

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page