Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Beaches and Babies

Posted by billbevan01 on 6/7/2009 at 04:19

Hi, we're travelling for the first time with a baby this year. We will be going to Thailand in October with our 6 month old for 4 months. We're keen to spend a lot of Dec/Jan on an island with quiet beaches, snorkelling off the beach, good access to water for washing and a hospital nearby just in case we need one, though hopefully we won't. Oh, and hopefully accommodation under 500 baht. So, not asking much :) Does anyone have suggestions for good places to head to? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,373 times, with 12 replies. Last reply by billbevan01 on 7/7/2009 at 22:03

Where is our invite?

Posted by BruceMoon on 7/7/2009 at 13:00

On another thread... http://www.travelfish.org/board/post/travelnews/6729_thailand--asian-celebs-arrive-for-shopping-push The open ended question there was: Can you guys think of better ways to promote tourism? Your thoughts? I just wanted to know where my invite went!! Cheers ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,007 times, with no replies.

Airport Tax and Fares

Posted by huxley21 on 5/7/2009 at 22:38

Have Just seen a note in a forum regarding leaving enough money to pay the tax to fly home.....now a little paranoid as I am going to be taking a few flights and this could seriously add to the price! Do you have to pay tax ON TOP of your ticket price? ie if have already bought ticket home from bangkok - will i have to pay more at the airport? Also boughts tickets from Chiang Mait to BK and then BK to Hanoi - will I have to pay on with air asia will i have to pay aswell or does the new air ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,388 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by SBE on 6/7/2009 at 15:19

Day trips/tours in N. and C. Thailand

Posted by Jen2412 on 6/7/2009 at 00:48

I'm going to be travelling down from Chiang Mai to Bangkok between the 10th- 17th August. I'll be travelling out of the cities to do the temple/sightseeing things probably from Chiang Mai itself, Sokhothai and Kanchanaburi. How easy is it to do day tours out of the city? For instance, I want to go to Si Satchanalai. Are there forms of public transport to get to places like this or do you have to hire guides and stuff? Thanks xx ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,121 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 6/7/2009 at 07:31

Recommended bars, restaurants, massage and places to see in BKK

Posted by gypsy75 on 3/7/2009 at 19:05

Having just spent 3 weeks in Bangkok I had a lot of time to suss out the good places to eat and get a massage around Khao San Rd area. There are heaps of places on Khao San itself which are pretty decent but if you walk into the small alleyway (Trok Mayom)that runs parallel to the street (Khao San Palace side) there is a literal rabbit warren of charming and cute little places that aren't as rowdy and drunken as those on KS. My favourite was a restaurant called 'Smiths' which is located abou ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,217 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by MADMAC on 5/7/2009 at 11:42

Buddhist Elephant Ordination Celebration

Posted by wacharinov on 4/7/2009 at 17:09

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYDpOYNwozc During this spectacular celebration in Sukhothai, young Buddhist ordination candidates dressed in eleborate costumes ride on the back of beautifully-decorated elephants to the Hat Siao Temple for a... During this spectacular celebration in Sukhothai, young Buddhist ordination candidates dressed in eleborate costumes ride on the back of beautifully-decorated elephants to the Hat Siao Temple for a religious ceremony ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,303 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by BruceMoon on 4/7/2009 at 18:01

HoueiSay to ChiangRai -transportation

Posted by StephanieM on 3/7/2009 at 21:49

Hello- We are scheduled to arrive from Pakbeng around 5pm (travelling on a Luangsay cruise) in HoueiSay on Sunday July 12. Our plane from ChiangRai to Bangkok is at 10pm the same day. The travel agent is booking us a private car (or taxi) from HoueiSay to ChiangRai for $86. Does it sound reasonnable or is it a rip off? We are 2 adults+2 toddlers+1 baby so the cheaper bus option is not applicable but maybe someone knows if it's easy/reliable to get a taxi directly from the immigration point an ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,236 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by wanderingcat on 4/7/2009 at 12:24

Elephants..

Posted by lexylegs on 3/7/2009 at 00:14

Hi everyone I'm currently trying to arrange my second trip to Thailand for April next year and would like to pick a few expert brains if possible? Last year I did Bangkok, Phuket (Patong), Koh Samui (Chaweng), and Phi Phi...and although I absolutely LOVED it...I would like this year to try places a bit more 'off the beaten track'. I adore elephants so would love to go somewhere where you can meet the big guys/bathe them etc...without them having to do any kind of shows/tricks (I got ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,254 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by lexylegs on 3/7/2009 at 16:24

Medical support Bangkok

Posted by Cian on 24/6/2009 at 18:11

Hi guys, Have to get something checked out when I get back to bangkok so was looking for any suggestions on finding a GP?Will be staying around Sukhumvit 40 but don't mind travelling to someone reliable. Thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,645 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by StephanieM on 3/7/2009 at 15:22

help or im in trouble!!

Posted by scotty29 on 23/6/2009 at 03:01

hi we're leaving to go to phuket in 3days(oh so close now), we're planning on staying in phuket for 3-4 days then heading over to the east coast for a few days, up to kanchanaburi for a couple of days then into bangkok for a day or 2 b4 returning home to Northern Ireland. we can give or take a day here and there, the only thing that has to be concrete about the holiday is that i HAVE to find a beach hut to stay in or my friend will never forgive me, its the only thing she says "that is a must ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,639 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by Sparts on 2/7/2009 at 21:09

Chiang Mai: stay in Old Town or near the river?

Posted by oshun on 2/7/2009 at 11:14

I am planning to travel to Chiang Mai this November for the Loy Krathong/ Yin Peng festival. Where is a better area to stay - the Old Town or near the river? I want to be able to enjoy the activities of the festival as well as be within walking distance from the Night Bazaar and Sunday Walking Street. Advice and recommendations are MUCH MUCH appreciated. Thank you. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,376 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by BruceMoon on 2/7/2009 at 12:57

Tailor in Chiang Mai?

Posted by travelchitown on 2/7/2009 at 08:04

Due to timing, we won't have time to have a suit and shirts made in Bangkok (unless we alter our schedule). Can anyone out there recommend a good tailor in Chiang Mai? We will be spending a lot of time in that region and will have the time to go back for a fitting, etc. Thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,372 times, with no replies.

bus-bkk to chumphon, times

Posted by mitchell on 29/6/2009 at 17:44

wanting to go to ko tao and cant find (in english anyway) the timetable from sai tai mai bus terminal to chumphon to catch the 7am boats to the island. any help with the departure times would be great. thank you ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 6,398 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by SBE on 1/7/2009 at 17:14

Bungalow accommodation on Koh Phi Phi

Posted by Travel1221 on 30/6/2009 at 00:50

Hi there. My boyfriend and I will be on Koh Phi Phi in January and we need help in deciding where to find a nice place to stay. We are looking for a quaint little bungalow on the beach. 350 - 450 baht per night. Please send me details i.e. website addresses or names of places. Thanks so much. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,282 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by Travel1221 on 30/6/2009 at 16:59

Tourist Visas

Posted by Thaiman on 24/6/2009 at 15:21

Have just read that the Thai Government is issuing free tourist visas from between 25/06/2009 to March 2010 in an effort to increase tourist arrivals. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,381 times, with 12 replies. Last reply by Thaiman on 30/6/2009 at 15:08

Yoga in Ko Lanta and Railay

Posted by jessieo on 28/6/2009 at 16:08

Hi guys - I am heading to Lanta in a few days and Railay after that. Does anyone know of any yoga classes held daily (not held in a fancy spa hotel)? I would like to choose my guesthouse based on the proximity to the yoga, if there is any! Thanks a bunch! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 6,387 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by amazinglanta on 30/6/2009 at 09:28

Train Strike

Posted by Tilapia on 22/6/2009 at 20:12

For anyone not following the story, rail workers have gone on strike and trains aren't running. http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/transport/146764/srt-goes-on-strike-nationwide ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,432 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by sirhalberd on 28/6/2009 at 09:15

Thai / Malay border - terrorist threat?

Posted by Sparts on 25/6/2009 at 21:54

I urgently require help with this. I was planning on travelling from Thailand to the Perhentian Islands but have become very worried by the UK Foreigns Office advice to not travel to this region. Personally I feel that the Foreign office always take things a bit too far, but I've seen quite a few websites advise against travelling here - flying into Narathiwat and then overland to Kota Bharu. Question is, am I going to get shot or bombed? Are the attacks targeted at westerners? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,738 times, with 11 replies. Last reply by MADMAC on 27/6/2009 at 23:25

Vang Vieng to Ching Mai

Posted by TravellingAnge on 24/6/2009 at 15:09

Hi there, We are flying into Laos and heading upto Vang Vieng , from there, we need to get to Chiang Mai as we have a train booked from Chiang Mai to Bangkok. What's the best way to get from Vang Vieng to Chiang Mai? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 7,612 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by MADMAC on 27/6/2009 at 23:10

chiang mia to bangkok travel

Posted by splash on 23/6/2009 at 08:28

travelling round the region in jan 2010. going from laos over to chiang mia and then need to get down to bangkok. time is an issue so im looking to fly bit struggling to find web sites/airlines that do that leg. any ideas? if no flights, will need to look at trains or even bus. thanks for replies ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,815 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by SBE on 26/6/2009 at 06:25

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page