Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Yoga in Ko Lanta and Railay

Posted by jessieo on 28/6/2009 at 16:08

Hi guys - I am heading to Lanta in a few days and Railay after that. Does anyone know of any yoga classes held daily (not held in a fancy spa hotel)? I would like to choose my guesthouse based on the proximity to the yoga, if there is any! Thanks a bunch! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 6,366 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by amazinglanta on 30/6/2009 at 09:28

Train Strike

Posted by Tilapia on 22/6/2009 at 20:12

For anyone not following the story, rail workers have gone on strike and trains aren't running. http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/transport/146764/srt-goes-on-strike-nationwide ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,423 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by sirhalberd on 28/6/2009 at 09:15

Thai / Malay border - terrorist threat?

Posted by Sparts on 25/6/2009 at 21:54

I urgently require help with this. I was planning on travelling from Thailand to the Perhentian Islands but have become very worried by the UK Foreigns Office advice to not travel to this region. Personally I feel that the Foreign office always take things a bit too far, but I've seen quite a few websites advise against travelling here - flying into Narathiwat and then overland to Kota Bharu. Question is, am I going to get shot or bombed? Are the attacks targeted at westerners? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,719 times, with 11 replies. Last reply by MADMAC on 27/6/2009 at 23:25

Vang Vieng to Ching Mai

Posted by TravellingAnge on 24/6/2009 at 15:09

Hi there, We are flying into Laos and heading upto Vang Vieng , from there, we need to get to Chiang Mai as we have a train booked from Chiang Mai to Bangkok. What's the best way to get from Vang Vieng to Chiang Mai? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 7,575 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by MADMAC on 27/6/2009 at 23:10

chiang mia to bangkok travel

Posted by splash on 23/6/2009 at 08:28

travelling round the region in jan 2010. going from laos over to chiang mia and then need to get down to bangkok. time is an issue so im looking to fly bit struggling to find web sites/airlines that do that leg. any ideas? if no flights, will need to look at trains or even bus. thanks for replies ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,805 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by SBE on 26/6/2009 at 06:25

BKK Meeting Point

Posted by nlukka on 26/6/2009 at 01:13

I am arriving in BKK from Hong Kong on Air Asia and am trying to find an area which would make it easy to meet a friend who is arriving in Bangkok from Chicago on United Airlines. Are there any areas/ unique landmarks in the airport which would make it easy for us to meet at? We both arrive around 11 PM. Any suggestions would be great, we would prefer to meet at the airport instead of at our hostel. Thanks for the help. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,295 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by SBE on 26/6/2009 at 06:18

Offered: 2 first class train tickets koh samui -> bangkok

Posted by mathijsb on 25/6/2009 at 19:27

In change for 2 beers/coctails we have 2 spare 1st class boat/train tickets from Koh Samui to Bangkok. They are for june 28. We are not going to use them... It is a nighttrain and the tickets must be collected from Chaweng beach / Ark bar/hotel before june 27. Interested? Call me on +31641316565 ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,689 times, with no replies.

Green Tulip Guesthouse

Posted by bhag on 24/6/2009 at 08:32

We just arrived to Chiang Mai in an overnight bus from BKK right after our trip to Cambodia. Excited to visit Chiang Mai we used Travelfish to find our accommodation in a hurry @ the airport. We read the description on TF and went to their website http://www.greentuliphouse.com/ before booking. There is no mention anywhere about NO children under 12 "policy". So we called the guesthouse directly about booking there and if they had rooms available, etc. The place looked nice, we wanted ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,756 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by bhag on 25/6/2009 at 08:50

Need an easy getaway - 7 days in Thailand

Posted by gymbunny on 21/5/2009 at 09:35

My friend and I are going to Thailand for just 7 days (the end of July till beginning of Aug.)and would like to go somewhere that's got a nice beach and easy to travel to from Bangkok. Are there any other places than Koh Samui? Thanks a lot!! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,615 times, with 22 replies. Last reply by tezza on 24/6/2009 at 13:23

Interesting New Development Re: Immigration

Posted by Tilapia on 24/6/2009 at 00:26

I can't see this being enforced regularly, but we shall see. http://www.phuketgazette.net/news/index.asp?id=7507 ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,263 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by BruceMoon on 24/6/2009 at 13:15

One night, and day, in Bangkok

Posted by satori_kicks on 23/6/2009 at 14:11

Hi all, Myself and a mate are travelling to Southeast Asia in September for a month, which will mostly focus on Vietnam. That said, we will be flying into Bangkok in the late PM on our first day, and flying out, again in the late PM, the next day to Hanoi. Just wondering what is the best way to spend this stop over in Bangkok... - where should we stay? - what should we get up to? Thanks, Ben. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,338 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by SBE on 23/6/2009 at 23:36

Is this arranged tour worth the money they are charging?

Posted by flefant on 23/6/2009 at 06:40

Hi team! I am going to Thailand with my mum for a month (I am treating her) - so I came across this company offering a pre-arranged tour in various places around Thailand as I want to give both of us an authentic Thai experience away from the normal tourist traps. Anyway, you can check out what they offering here: http://www.i-to-i.com/volunteer-projects/ultimate-thailand-tour.html I like the varied activities etc which they offer but I was a little surprised with the price.... $2,0 ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,564 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by SBE on 23/6/2009 at 18:09

Beaches in thailand

Posted by Moochela on 23/6/2009 at 01:51

Hello Family with 2 small kids, fairly adventurous, do not like resorts would like advice on which beaches to go to in Thailand. Preferably not crowded and surrounded by hotels and restaurants but more chilled and Thai feel to them. Any such luck? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,158 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by tezza on 23/6/2009 at 15:57

first time in Thailand, November~ ideas, suggestions?

Posted by pamjane on 21/6/2009 at 02:44

My girlfriend and I are planning to travel through Thailand, Laos, and Cambodia in late September, then in November and December (after a month’s obligation in Phuket ). I think I’ve figured out a tentative route (kudos to this site and LP) for Thailand. This is my first time in SE Asia (yay!), and I’d very much appreciate any thoughts and suggestions from seasoned travelers. What I’m most interested in is culture and talking with/watching people, scenery, and having interesting ex ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,048 times, with 12 replies. Last reply by tezza on 23/6/2009 at 15:55

airport lockers in bangkok

Posted by splash on 23/6/2009 at 09:35

arriving to the region early next yr with the in tension of going onto australia to work as a scuba instructor. as such i need to have my dive gear but dont want to lug it around asia for 2 months. anyone got any advise for lockers in the airport? are they safe? how long can you leave things there? any advise greatly appeciated ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,302 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by sirhalberd on 23/6/2009 at 09:53

Maya Bay

Posted by elaine123 on 22/6/2009 at 09:19

Is Maya Bay accessible all year-round? I heard that you can only visit "the beach" from November to April. Does anyone know if this is true? I am planning to go in September and would really like to see Maya Bay. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,560 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by elaine123 on 23/6/2009 at 05:14

Isaan?

Posted by zzcobraz on 22/6/2009 at 15:33

Hi there, My friend and I are going to be traveling from Vientiane Laos to Angor Wat in Cambodia and have about a week to explore the Northeast of Thailand Isaan. We would like to hear local music or attend some kind of festival and also see small village life. Has anyone traveled in the this region/has recommendations? Is it best to rent a motorbike or take local buses? Thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,067 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by wanderingcat on 22/6/2009 at 23:53

first time to thailand

Posted by flgirl on 21/6/2009 at 06:55

Does anyone have suggestions on can't miss spots for first time travellers to thailand? we don't like to be in overly touristy area, since we live in florida. we get enough of that. we will plan on a 2 week stay. thank you for any suggestions. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,285 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by tezza on 22/6/2009 at 14:52

Northern Thailand

Posted by CatherineThailandTraveller on 18/6/2009 at 05:16

Hi guys, I was hoping for some advice regarding activities in the north, we would really like to meet some elephants, go white water rafting, and do some light trekking to visit the hill tribes or perhaps some bike riding. (etc) I was wondering if anyone could advise us as to whether we should book an excursion or if there is a way for us to do these things ourselves? I've found 1 excursion from Nok Air, that included an elephant walk, mountain biking and white water rafting for roughly ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,557 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by KPTham1 on 21/6/2009 at 23:20

Island Help!

Posted by jessieo on 20/6/2009 at 14:15

Hi! I am in the airport, about to fly to Phuket . My bf and I are spending a few days in Phuket Town, and then getting out of there and heading.....well, thats the thing. We don't know! I know that monsoon season is not super ideal for swimming (I like the rain - it gives me an excuse to read!) and we have about 3 weeks. We want: (and doesn't everyone?) -a nice beach with pale sand, some snorkeling would be awesome -no partying! -very little to do - we have been traveling for 9 mo ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,346 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by jessieo on 21/6/2009 at 14:07

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page