Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Beaches in thailand

Posted by Moochela on 23/6/2009 at 01:51

Hello Family with 2 small kids, fairly adventurous, do not like resorts would like advice on which beaches to go to in Thailand. Preferably not crowded and surrounded by hotels and restaurants but more chilled and Thai feel to them. Any such luck? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,187 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by tezza on 23/6/2009 at 15:57

first time in Thailand, November~ ideas, suggestions?

Posted by pamjane on 21/6/2009 at 02:44

My girlfriend and I are planning to travel through Thailand, Laos, and Cambodia in late September, then in November and December (after a month’s obligation in Phuket ). I think I’ve figured out a tentative route (kudos to this site and LP) for Thailand. This is my first time in SE Asia (yay!), and I’d very much appreciate any thoughts and suggestions from seasoned travelers. What I’m most interested in is culture and talking with/watching people, scenery, and having interesting ex ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,109 times, with 12 replies. Last reply by tezza on 23/6/2009 at 15:55

airport lockers in bangkok

Posted by splash on 23/6/2009 at 09:35

arriving to the region early next yr with the in tension of going onto australia to work as a scuba instructor. as such i need to have my dive gear but dont want to lug it around asia for 2 months. anyone got any advise for lockers in the airport? are they safe? how long can you leave things there? any advise greatly appeciated ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,385 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by sirhalberd on 23/6/2009 at 09:53

Maya Bay

Posted by elaine123 on 22/6/2009 at 09:19

Is Maya Bay accessible all year-round? I heard that you can only visit "the beach" from November to April. Does anyone know if this is true? I am planning to go in September and would really like to see Maya Bay. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,590 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by elaine123 on 23/6/2009 at 05:14

Isaan?

Posted by zzcobraz on 22/6/2009 at 15:33

Hi there, My friend and I are going to be traveling from Vientiane Laos to Angor Wat in Cambodia and have about a week to explore the Northeast of Thailand Isaan. We would like to hear local music or attend some kind of festival and also see small village life. Has anyone traveled in the this region/has recommendations? Is it best to rent a motorbike or take local buses? Thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,105 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by wanderingcat on 22/6/2009 at 23:53

first time to thailand

Posted by flgirl on 21/6/2009 at 06:55

Does anyone have suggestions on can't miss spots for first time travellers to thailand? we don't like to be in overly touristy area, since we live in florida. we get enough of that. we will plan on a 2 week stay. thank you for any suggestions. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,312 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by tezza on 22/6/2009 at 14:52

Northern Thailand

Posted by CatherineThailandTraveller on 18/6/2009 at 05:16

Hi guys, I was hoping for some advice regarding activities in the north, we would really like to meet some elephants, go white water rafting, and do some light trekking to visit the hill tribes or perhaps some bike riding. (etc) I was wondering if anyone could advise us as to whether we should book an excursion or if there is a way for us to do these things ourselves? I've found 1 excursion from Nok Air, that included an elephant walk, mountain biking and white water rafting for roughly ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,582 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by KPTham1 on 21/6/2009 at 23:20

Island Help!

Posted by jessieo on 20/6/2009 at 14:15

Hi! I am in the airport, about to fly to Phuket . My bf and I are spending a few days in Phuket Town, and then getting out of there and heading.....well, thats the thing. We don't know! I know that monsoon season is not super ideal for swimming (I like the rain - it gives me an excuse to read!) and we have about 3 weeks. We want: (and doesn't everyone?) -a nice beach with pale sand, some snorkeling would be awesome -no partying! -very little to do - we have been traveling for 9 mo ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,372 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by jessieo on 21/6/2009 at 14:07

Buying hiking boots in Bangkok / Chiang Mai...

Posted by misterwoods on 17/6/2009 at 22:08

What are my options?! How do they compare for price to the uk / Ireland? Cheers... ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 9,763 times, with 8 replies. Last reply by BruceMoon on 21/6/2009 at 09:34

Phuket month-long accommodation/ job

Posted by pamjane on 21/6/2009 at 00:53

Starting in October, I will do a 4-week CELTA course in Phuket . Around 20 September, I will fly into Phuket. I hope to find a hotel (or, better yet, apartment) in Phuket Town to drop off my books, professional clothes, etc., for the course, before exploring the Thai islands and beaches. Then I will stay in Phuket Town through October. Does anyone know of a nice, quiet hotel or apartment that I could rent for about 6 weeks? I hope to spend less than 15000 baht. Also, does anyone know ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,320 times, with no replies.

Ayutthaya Sukhothai Photos

Posted by billbevan01 on 19/6/2009 at 17:44

Hi, if anyone is thinking of visiting Ayutthaya or Sukhothai I have online galleries of photographs from visits I made there in 2008/09 plus an online version of my Faces of Buddha exhibition. They may be useful for making decisions on where to visit. http://www.billbevanphotography.co.uk/ ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,439 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by billbevan01 on 20/6/2009 at 17:59

Koh Phi Phi Diving

Posted by Gatti_LDN on 19/6/2009 at 19:27

Hi all, yet another query. Can anyone, recommend a place that does a good Padi Openwater course. For a reasonable price. Going to be there between the 12th and 19th of july. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,309 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by ayesha on 20/6/2009 at 13:26

Laos Airlines

Posted by benhopes on 16/6/2009 at 21:51

Has anybody used Laos airlines? I am thinking of booking a promotion (3 way flight) but just wanted to know how reliable they are and whether the flights are always scheduled. The website seems a bit dodgy, there are two websites but I'm not sure which one to book with. Ben ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,013 times, with 9 replies. Last reply by CunningMcFar on 19/6/2009 at 22:03

To take a Tour or travel independently

Posted by matt89 on 18/6/2009 at 14:15

hey. iv had a bit of experience travelling for the last 8 months so im not completely new to it however i was wondering whether it is a good idea to use a company to take me around s.e.a or to travel on my own. so far my experiences with tour companies are that they normally rip you off compared to travelling on your own. the price looks like 1200euro for 40 days travel and accom passing thru thailand vietnam laos and cambosia. however probably the biggest factor will be is it going to be w ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,731 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by exacto on 19/6/2009 at 17:55

Where to stay in Krabi / Phi Phi

Posted by Gatti_LDN on 18/6/2009 at 18:50

Hey all, I'm off on a trip to Thailand and borneo in a few weeks and i'm looking for some advice on where to stay. I've been before but only to the Gulf of Thailand side. We're heading to Phi Phi via Krabi (Overnight stay as a late flight) and i'm looking for somewhere to stay. I'm only there to do my Padi Qualification so not looking for a massive party just somewhere pretty chilled with reputable dive companies. Can anyone recommend somewhere, on a backpacking budget, nothing too ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,364 times, with no replies.

Open to Suggestions- Bangkok to Chiang Mai..

Posted by Whynot on 11/6/2009 at 04:29

Firstly, what a great site! I have decided to quit my job, working for the man and see the world...because why not? I will be hitting Europe first and then flying from Berlin to Bangkok around mid October. From here I only have 4 weeks and the only must see location is a 2 week stop in Chiang Mai to volunteer at an elephant orphanage. Does anyone have any recommendations on stops along the way from Bangkok to Chiang Mai? Any special gems to see/ stay inbetween? Or is the overnight train the b ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,411 times, with 8 replies. Last reply by BruceMoon on 18/6/2009 at 06:29

Off The Beaten Track

Posted by nutmeg47 on 25/5/2006 at 00:29

I am planning a trip in October ... getting my TEFL in Ban Phe (Rayong province) and I am just beginning my Thai research. A lot of the things I'm finding are very "packaged" and touristy ... I'm looking for some weekend trip ideas and inspiration for, perhaps, a longer trip after my certification. In other words, I'm looking for suggestions both in the region I'll be staying and in the rest of the country (not narrowing things down, I know). I'm looking for waterfalls and jungles and e ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,050 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by KevinCorr on 17/6/2009 at 15:36

What is Krabi weather like at the end of June?

Posted by rayste01 on 16/6/2009 at 09:37

We are thinking of going to Krabi from Chiang Mai for a few days between June 25-29 to visit Railey beach, Ko Phi Phi, etc. Being monsoon season around Krabi, wondering if we should go straight to the islands around Ko Samui side directly from Chiang Mai and skip Krabi all together? We have June 25th to July 4th to explore beaches. Suggestions? We are looking to spend the bulk of our time in Ko Tao. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 11,582 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by tezza on 17/6/2009 at 12:06

Phuket Vegetarian Festival

Posted by grndhouse on 27/5/2009 at 08:24

Traveling to SE Asia Sept - Dec and want to catch the vege fest in Phuket. Anyone been? Experiences? Advice? Anything would be great. Thanks! And as much as i use this site planning our trip i feel like i will owe you royalties when we return! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,635 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by Tilapia on 16/6/2009 at 03:31

Ko Chang,Ko Mak etc in July

Posted by lm_w on 14/6/2009 at 02:44

Hi, Is the end of July a good time to go to Ko Chang and the islands around it?? :) ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,563 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by khunwilko on 15/6/2009 at 12:39

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page