Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Khao Sok Rain Forest with family

Posted by Ikkersheim on 19/5/2009 at 00:18

Hi all, We want to visit Khao Sok Rain forest with our family 2 adults, 3 children (11, 13, 15). Can you advise based on your own experiences I read mixed reviews about most resorts. We are also looking for an accomodation which is preferably big enogh for all of us because we don't want to leave the children alone, or connecting rooms would do. Thanks in advance, Donald ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,520 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by BruceMoon on 8/6/2009 at 06:45

Request for Expert Opinion on my Tentative One-Month Itinerary

Posted by srk052004 on 22/5/2009 at 08:29

Thanks mostly to the info here, I have a tentative itinerary. Some parts are firm, but some are not. Advice would be very appreciated. The trip begins on late p.m. 27 May in Bangkok. 6 nights (5.5 days) Bangkok. Fly to Phnohm Penh. PP 4 nights (4 days). Fly/bus to Siem Reap. 5 nights (4.5 days), Siem Reap. Fly to Ko Samui. 5 nights (? days) Ko Samui. Fly to Chiang Mai; 3 days. Travel to Sukhothai for full day there. Remainder: 2 days/3 nights before return from Bangkok to US (at ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,289 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by MADMAC on 8/6/2009 at 06:33

Half A Day in Bangkok - What to Do?

Posted by LChantha on 7/6/2009 at 08:45

Hi, If all goes as planned, I will be arriving from Ubon Ratchatani via Air Asia at 10:10 on 14 Sept 2009. I've got a flight that leaves the next morning from Suvarnabhumi, at 8:10 back to the US, so I want to stay overnight at the Silver Gold Garden Airport Hotel, about 10 minutes from the airport. Since I'll be arriving relatively early in the day, I'm sure that I can get in some Bangkok City sightseeing, as little as it may be. However, I'm a woman and will be traveling alone so I want ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,218 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by MADMAC on 8/6/2009 at 06:31

Should I go at it alone?

Posted by tomclowes on 2/4/2009 at 18:50

Complex one. I am in Thailand on week 2 of an around the world tour. I did not want to go alone, and thus arranged it with a school mate. He since agreed with another mate to all go, so there are 3 of us. After a week, I have realised we want completely different things out of the trip. They want to drink,smoke,party and maybe see a few sites. I want to do everything. I was considering going off alone, but I am very shy, have awful bearings, and up to this point they have organized ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,861 times, with 19 replies. Last reply by MADMAC on 8/6/2009 at 00:37

northern thailand into norther laos

Posted by JamesHamblin on 9/4/2009 at 20:46

I understand there is a northern crossing into Laos from Thailand at Chiang Khong. I read somewhere that the northern part of Laos is dangerous for travellers. As im going alone i was wondering if anyone could tell me if this is true or is it false. cheers ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,854 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by MADMAC on 7/6/2009 at 23:49

Thailand Visa help please :-)

Posted by liam123 on 17/3/2009 at 01:28

Hi I've just got my 1 entry visa stamped from the 13th march to 13th june,to thailand.i fly into bangkok on the 19th march and my flight ticket has a return date of 19th july,so i have just over 30 days with no valid visa.would i be allowed to leave thailand when the visa is up, to say laos then return a few weeks later to claim my 15day visa then return home? will i have problems when i land in bangkok because of my ticket dates? any ideas or suggestions would be great! thanks for the he ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,381 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by MADMAC on 7/6/2009 at 15:20

Is Thailand still a good travel destination ?

Posted by jakethedog on 6/4/2009 at 23:35

My wife and I were to travel to Thailand in feb/mar of this year but because of the unrest we cancelled our plans. We are reconsidering going to thailand in feb/mar 2010. Just looking for some expert advice if Thailand is still a good travele destination considering safety, politics, etc. Thanks in advance Dan ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,475 times, with 10 replies. Last reply by MADMAC on 7/6/2009 at 15:10

violence in nong khai?

Posted by amezella on 3/4/2009 at 05:44

I read on wikipedia that there was violence against Westerners in Nong Khai in December of 2008. Can anyone provide context on what is going on here? Also, I am thinking of going there in June/July....could anyone advise on "just how rainy" the rainy season is there? Thank so much for your help! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,059 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by MADMAC on 7/6/2009 at 14:47

Deaths at Thai resort

Posted by tmoneybags on 10/5/2009 at 03:29

http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/05/09/seattle.mystery.death/index.html By Patrick Oppmann CNN SEATTLE, Washington (CNN) -- What started as a romantic Southeast Asia vacation for a Seattle couple ended with Ryan Kells preparing Friday to return from Bangkok carrying the ashes of his fiancee to give to her family in California. Ryan Kelks, St. Onge's fiance, says he also felt ill and believed something at the resort made them sick. "It's such a shock," Robert St. Onge told CNN about the ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,372 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by MADMAC on 7/6/2009 at 14:37

Safe to arrive at BKK at midnight?

Posted by bellatrx on 18/5/2009 at 10:38

I am considering purchasing a cheap ticket that gets into Bangkok at 10:30 pm -- so it would be quite late by the time we got to a taxi, let alone a hotel. I am wondering how smart it is to do this. How safe is it to navigate the taxi system in the middle of the night? What's the trek like to hotels in Bangkok? Would you recommend this, or should we look at flights at a more reasonable hour? Thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,962 times, with 12 replies. Last reply by MADMAC on 7/6/2009 at 14:24

Mosquito repellant advice

Posted by BruceMoon on 6/6/2009 at 05:55

Hi, fellow travellers I was confronted with a dilemma regarding mosquito repellant. Here, in Australia, DEET is no longer readily available. I did a bit of research, and posted on the 'Health' page. Today I discovered some alarming facts about DEET. You may also be interested: http://www.travelfish.org/board/post/travelhealth/3962_deet-or-picaridn- Cheers ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,198 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by BruceMoon on 7/6/2009 at 13:29

ko tao or ko phangan?

Posted by xontros on 4/6/2009 at 23:55

We will spend 4 days at the beginning of July in either Ko Tao or Ko Phangan. We are mostly interested in beautiful beaches. In fact this is all we are interested in. Which one do you recommend? Is it possible to combine the two (for example 2 and 2 days or 3+1)? thanks in advance ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,907 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by xontros on 6/6/2009 at 16:10

Please help me with Cha Am Hotel.

Posted by Jon_Mak_Mak on 20/5/2009 at 19:42

Hi, I'm looking for a hotel in Cha Am for next year. There will be 5 in our group including myself and 3 and a half of them are Thai and also travelling with a baby. We are looking for a hotel thats not only full of European package tourist and maybe a hotel popular with Thai guests. From what I have read, the south part of the beach is the Thai part and the north the western tourists part. So would like to stay in the south if poss. Hotel needs to be - baby friendly, near to bar ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,037 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by SBE on 6/6/2009 at 14:18

NEW Word Association Game

Posted by brucemoon on 2/6/2009 at 12:02

Some 3 years ago, tsargood, initiated a Word Association Game. tsargood wrote: I thought it would be interesting to create a Word Association Game here on Travelfish. How does this work? I will write a word and then the next person will write another word, whatever comes into your mind when you read the last written word. And that’s how it goes, on and on…… I will start it off with an obvious choice. ‘Travel’ - - - - - A week ago, khunwilko sought an explanat ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,843 times, with 11 replies. Last reply by busylizzy on 5/6/2009 at 20:02

Getting around Ko Samui

Posted by brinner on 3/6/2009 at 23:23

Hi, Looking at the map of Ko Samui, is it hard to get from Thong Ta Kien Bay to Tailing Ngam Beach and then onto Mae Nam Beach? Is it hard to get around the whole island? Many thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,441 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 5/6/2009 at 08:30

Ko Samui - Ko Phan Ngan in 17 days

Posted by brinner on 2/6/2009 at 20:07

We will be in Thailand in July on our Honeymoon for 3 weeks. We are spending 4 days in bangkok, then fly to Ko Samui. So we have 17 days in the islands. We want to mix it up between relaxing and lively. We are thinking of going to Chaweng for lively. Then more relaxed for Thing Ta Kien Bay, Choeng Mon Beach and Mae Nam Beach . These are all relatively close to one another, so relatively easy to get to. We were thinking of Taling Ngam Beach but it looks far away on the map. Is it har ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,741 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by brucemoon on 2/6/2009 at 20:25

Word Association Game

Posted by tsargood on 31/8/2006 at 19:44

Hey Somtam, I thought it would be interesting to create a Word Association Game here on Travelfish. How does this work? I will write a word and then the next person will write another word, whatever comes into your mind when you read the last written word. And that’s how it goes, on and on…… I will start it off with an obvious choice ‘Travel’ ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,719 times, with 67 replies. Last reply by khunwilko on 2/6/2009 at 09:52

How does this itinerary look to you???

Posted by misterwoods on 20/5/2009 at 23:49

We are a couple in our mid 20's, fairly fit and eager, and hoping to see and do as much as we can in 1 month. Our budget is approx 30 euros/40 dollars per day, plus a couple of hundred on top for extras (hoping to spend no more than about 1200 euros / 1650 dollars). Our accom will be 'flashpacker' - somewhere between budget and mid range! I have checked out all travel between places we want to go and have a good idea about it all. The only things we have booked ahead are accom in BKK on arri ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,173 times, with 18 replies. Last reply by stanang on 31/5/2009 at 17:40

anyone currently in nth thailand heading to cambodia?

Posted by lia444 on 30/5/2009 at 08:50

Hi :) I am in Chang Mai until Sunday/Monday and then continuing on my own perhaps to pai and eventually in to laos over the next week. Is anyone else traveling alone (or in a group) and looking for travel friends?? -Lia ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,775 times, with no replies.

Exploring Ko Tao?

Posted by beachfunguy on 29/5/2009 at 17:52

Hello, I am styaing with the masses in haad sairee right now and really enjoying it. But am keen to explore the island... specifically places like: Ao Hin Wong, Ao Leuk, etc. I saw Johnny posted on the Ko Tao for Non-Divers page that you can walk to the east coast? Is this really possible, anybody have anymore information on it? Read everything about the roads... With it not being wet season, could a scooter make it to some of the eastern coast places? Or do you need a motorbi ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,601 times, with no replies.

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page