Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Next Full Moon Party...

Posted by SammyB on 28/4/2009 at 13:10

Hey guys, Been playing around on the site for a weeks now planning a trek, and fly out on Sunday! Dig the site and fully plan on becoming addicted. Anyway, from everything I've read or seen on calenders, the next Full Moon Party is either the 8th or 9th of May, but I haven't seen something for certain. Does anyone know for sure when it will fall? Also, any suggestions for us on where to stay for it, etc? Seems like a nice kickstart to a few months of travel in SEA for the first ti ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,750 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by Jon_Mak_Mak on 2/5/2009 at 19:38

Phuket weather/Racha transportation end of may

Posted by acof on 1/5/2009 at 08:56

Hi, im travelling to phuket from may 27th to 1st of june. i want to go to racha and stay there. but i know is wet season. is it very difficult to find transportation to go to racha? how safe/expensive this could be? thanks for your help! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,268 times, with no replies.

Khao Sok Rainforest Resort

Posted by OralDouglas on 1/5/2009 at 00:31

Khao Sok Rainforest Resort I have been living in Thailand for six months, and before that I have made numerous tours of the southern islands of Thailand on vacations from Japan. In all that time I have never, EVER- been treated so poorly and subject to such horrid service and conditions than those my companions and I encountered during our stay at Khao Sok Rainforest Resort. Day 1 We arrived at Khao Sok Rainforest resort at approximately 4pm. Our group of 21 family members and friends ha ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,485 times, with no replies.

Tour Operator- Thailand Travel Plan

Posted by cheeco on 29/4/2009 at 20:23

I was just checking out the tour operator "Thailand Travel Plan" suggested by Travelfish. Has anyone had experience with this operator? The different tours look exellent. I know I could probably do this on my own (treking and visiting villages in the north, island hopping in the south), but would anyone suggest going through this operator to save time/ hassle, etc? Just looking for some insights! Thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,004 times, with no replies.

Koh Kood nr Kho Chang

Posted by londonhomesick on 27/4/2009 at 14:44

Hope to visit Kho Kood while staying on Kho Chang.Would like to stay on the island for about 3 nights.Have a limited budjet and a big family.My Thai wife and our 3 children+2 teenagers.Would prefer a large bungalow.Have i got any chance with about 3000 baht per night? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,048 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 28/4/2009 at 09:03

Plane from Krabi to Siem Reap

Posted by B3lisario on 22/4/2009 at 18:21

I´ll like in june to goi from Krabi to Siem Reap . I know that there are no direct fligths so I´´ve though on going to Bangkok with Air Asia and then to Siem Reap with Bangkok Airways; the problem it´s that I´ll have only 1.50 h. for the transfer...It´s enough? Thank you ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,203 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 28/4/2009 at 08:58

Phi Phi day trip in June

Posted by B3lisario on 22/4/2009 at 18:19

I´ll like to know if there is no problem to find day trips in the middle of June to Phi Phi from Railey, and which it´s the average cost Thank you ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,561 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 28/4/2009 at 08:57

Railway Booking in Advance

Posted by nomesandstig on 13/4/2009 at 00:47

Hi, We are heading to thailand around June 10th, and are planning on traveling down to Chumphon a few days after by using the State Railway service. We have read on a few places that you may need to book tickets in advance, but seen we are going in the low season, is this still necessary ? Cheers Stig ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,844 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by mithamo on 28/4/2009 at 01:02

Phone North America from Thailand and Other SE asia Countries

Posted by beachfunguy on 27/4/2009 at 23:01

Hello, I will be travelling through Thailand and other SE asia countries for 2 months this summer. I am just wondering what is the cheapest way for me to keep in contact with people back home. I have a quad-band unlocked phone and heard you can purchase pre-paid sim cards over there? Anybody have any info on prices for these? Or is it better to leave my phone at home and use a calling card? Anybody have any suggestions on cheapest rates to Canada? I will probably be calling Canada ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,454 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by Jon_Mak_Mak on 27/4/2009 at 23:06

Island Hopping in June

Posted by beachfunguy on 21/4/2009 at 12:49

Hello all! A friend and I will be doing a few week tour of some Thailand islands in June. We are looking for places with 1. Not too touristy 2. Moderate party scene 3. Some nice isolated and quiet areas to get "away from it all" I have read through many of the island reviews on this site and others and still can't quite decide. Right now our options are: 1. Ko Tao/Pha Gnan/Samui- but are concerned might be too touristy? 2. Phi Phi/Railay/Ton Sai/Ngai/ Lanta/Rok -but are ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,846 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by beachfunguy on 27/4/2009 at 12:33

anyone stay at Sarikantang Reosrt on Ko Phangan?

Posted by truesd10 on 23/4/2009 at 08:41

Hey guys, I just wanted to know if anyone has recently stayed at Sarikantang Resort on Ko Phangan. I want to go to the fullmoon party in August and came across this place. I wanted to know some recent reviews of it or any other recommendations people might have. I want a nicer place for a week since this will be my splurge. So any suggestions are great! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,754 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by busylizzy on 27/4/2009 at 03:17

No Travelfish Guide for Thailand?

Posted by srk052004 on 24/4/2009 at 08:02

Hi. I'm sure this is a REAL newb question, but then I'm a newb! Is there really no TG Guide to Thailand, just to a few parts of it? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,167 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by srk052004 on 24/4/2009 at 22:46

Islands off the beaten track - which best for xmas 09?

Posted by alexlazarus on 15/4/2009 at 00:18

Hi All, We are planning to travel to Thailand this comign Christmas after having such an amazing time there at NY just gone. We covered Kanchanaburi, Ayttaya, Ko Mak & Koh Kood last time, and i was hoping for some advice for this year! The plan is to travel south and explore the islands down there. We really enjoyed the feel and atmosphere of Koh Mak so we'd be looking for similar - quiet, laid back, not busy, and accomodation between 400-600 per night. We stayed at more expensive places l ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,655 times, with 8 replies. Last reply by nathantraveler on 23/4/2009 at 23:22

Southern Thailand

Posted by allie on 3/4/2009 at 22:17

Hi, I am travelling to Thailand with my sister in a week, we are going for 3 weeks. We are planning on spending 2 nights in Bangkok then going to Krabi from where we want to go to Railay for a week or so then down to Koh Lanta. I have read up on both islands and they seem to be a good mix of beach activities and bars/restaurants for the evening. I just wanted to check with you guys on here that i am thinking right in picking these islands for a first trip to Thailand(our main aim for t ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,490 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by ellennn on 22/4/2009 at 21:49

Samui to Ko Pha Ngan?

Posted by dmandel on 2/4/2009 at 11:30

Hi, How hard is it to get from Samui (airport) to Ko Pha Ngan? How long does it take? How frequent are the boats? Also, if I want to get to Thong Nai Pan Noi on Pha Ngan, how much harder is that? Thanks. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 6,985 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by ellennn on 22/4/2009 at 21:48

2 Weeks in Southern Thailand - Ideas ??

Posted by jimmy86 on 1/4/2009 at 08:27

Hi, I'm spending two weeks in southern thailand this coming August, flying directly into phuket...was looking at doing a few off the beaten track 'exploring' adventures + the usual touristy thing (phuket-KoPhaNgan)...if anyone has some ideas of a rough route to take would be greatly appreciated...going to be backpacking with the girlfriend ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,939 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by ellennn on 22/4/2009 at 21:46

Direct from Chiang Mai to Phuket - how far in advance?

Posted by hospitalbed on 18/4/2009 at 02:48

Hi guys. Flying into Thailand quickly here, and changing up our plans to avoid BKK as much as possible. The original idea was to sleeper train from CM down to BKK, then work our way south and go island hopping. With the current advice out there to avoid Bangkok, we are thinking of flying direct from CM to Phuket , and working our way through the islands with Phuket as a starting point. I've googled/resarched that their is one direct flight per day from CM to Phuket, the rest have a stop ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,764 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by hospitalbed on 21/4/2009 at 09:19

Ko Tao Questions

Posted by cbaumga2 on 20/4/2009 at 06:49

My wife and I will be on Ko Tao in June. We are looking for a more remote area, and I was thinking about staying on the East side (should also have calmer water this time if year). I am interested in Ao Hin Wong, but there doesn’t appear to be a beach there. Does anyone know if this is correct? I think my wife would really prefer to stay at a place w/ a beach. What are some other good options on the East side for beauty and beaches? Also, I am interested in renting either a bicycle o ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,781 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by SBE on 20/4/2009 at 21:10

Hotel rec on Yao Noi

Posted by SugarPalm on 8/4/2009 at 18:27

Hi, I'm a young woman who'll be traveling alone to Koh Yao Noi in a few weeks. I'm looking for a nice place to stay on the island that's safe, clean, and not too basic--I'm more of a flashpacker than a backpacker these days. It would also be great if it had a friendly, social atmosphere. I heard that a new place called Villa Guna is running now. Anyone been there or have contact info? Anyway, any recommendations on where I should stay (or hang out, for matter) would be great. Tha ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,233 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by tezza on 19/4/2009 at 14:31

8 Day-Trip from Bangkok to the Islands by Myself

Posted by alhamaqi on 7/4/2009 at 19:55

There is so much information out there that I'm starting to get frustrated as to how I should go about this thing. I would really appreciate your help. I will be arriving in Bangkok on April 23rd (early morning). I want to go straight to the islands and I'm thinking about the Andaman islands. I have 8 nights to spend but I want my last 2 nights to be back in Bangkok. What is the best way to go about this with an easy way to get back to Bangkok? What I'm looking for in this trip is a mixtur ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,678 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by tezza on 19/4/2009 at 14:07

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page