Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Thailand Xmas and Newyear

Posted by miked on 27/7/2009 at 16:49

Hi, I will be travelling to Thailand for Xmas and NY - We have 3 weeks that is all. We have booked a connecting flight to Chiang Mai on the day we arrive - 20th Dec. Need a nice place to stay to relax for the 1st night before we start on our adventure. Looking for some different experience's - We both like treking, also would like to do a Thai cooking day and maybe a days fishing - Have about 12days in the north before we head south to send the last few days on a beach and some shopping. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,739 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by BruceMoon on 3/8/2009 at 10:31

Book your Thailand travel tickets online
  Buy train, bus and ferry tickets online.

2 Weeks in Thailand

Posted by Geezy on 28/7/2009 at 20:08

I have just priced a return flight from Machester to Thailand at the end of next month for £400. Which i think is a very good price. I have never really travelled before and i am really looking forward to it. I am also using this as a trial period for eventually travelling to a lot more places on my own and doing around the world trip. Can anyone offer any advice on where i should go and see within the 2 weeks. This is an impulse trip and i am just throwing myself in. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,494 times, with 8 replies. Last reply by BruceMoon on 3/8/2009 at 05:15

1 month in SE Asia, where to go??

Posted by nickziemann on 12/7/2009 at 00:03

I know this is a loaded question, and I've been researching for weeks already. It is my lady's and my first time to SE Asia and we have a little more than a month to see the land. Its overwhelming to know how much I wont be able to see, but I want to be sure we enjoy our trip rather than rush rush rush. We're going from early OCT to early NOV. Would this basic itinerary be too much to cram in? Bangkok - Chiang Mai (a few days, including an overnight stay with the hill tribes) ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,380 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by xontros on 3/8/2009 at 03:45

Hellfire Pass

Posted by BruceMoon on 2/8/2009 at 18:35

I recently read that part of Hellfire Pass has been closed due to a rockslide - though the other part remains open. Those intending visiting the site may be reminded that while part is off limits the remainder is still a salutory reminder to how our freedom was achieved. Cheers ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,847 times, with no replies.

What is the Thai translation for 'vegetarian'?

Posted by shazhippychild on 21/6/2009 at 02:39

Does somebody know what the Thai translation is for: "NO MEAT! I am a vegetarian!" I'm going to Thailand for the first time, but am a bit nervous of the food situation....I need to get the message that I am a vegetarian across loud and clear! Would greatly appreciate anyone's help! Peace, Shaz ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 13,621 times, with 43 replies. Last reply by BruceMoon on 2/8/2009 at 06:33

3 weeks in Thailand - must see things/itinerarys would help

Posted by livethedream86 on 27/7/2009 at 21:46

Hey, Travelling with my bf for 3 weeks to Thailand before we head onto New Zealand. With the little time we have I'm trying to plan some sort of itineary. Any suggestions. We have a moderate budget and are open to any ideas. Thanks a mil xx ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,719 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by livethedream86 on 1/8/2009 at 22:56

Too many places, too little time. Angkor, Ayutthaya, Sukhothai

Posted by SybilVane on 31/7/2009 at 06:17

Hi all, I'm still working on my itinerary (and with two more months to go, I bet there will be many changes made). Lately I've been struggling with the thought that I might be trying to do too much, and I might need to leave some places for the next visit. For reference: I'll be traveling for a month, mainly in Thailand, with a bit of Cambodia and Laos. I'll be spending three days exploring Angkor. This is the part that is set in stone. But now I'm wondering if maybe I should give up ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 7,335 times, with 8 replies. Last reply by BruceMoon on 1/8/2009 at 05:22

Northern Thailand - must see places?

Posted by livethedream86 on 30/7/2009 at 04:34

Hey, Will be travelling up north in October and we only have around 5 days. What are the must see places/things to do. Moderate budget and we both 23. Thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 7,977 times, with 14 replies. Last reply by livethedream86 on 31/7/2009 at 22:23

Khao Sok in August?

Posted by susanah on 30/7/2009 at 12:24

I will be travelling to Thailand with my 10 and 12 year old boys. They want to see the jungle, but I'm wondering if it will be way to rainy to have fun next month? I also read about flash floods. I don't want to be paranoid, but if it's going to be way too soggy there, I'd rather just spend more time in Koh Tao, where we'll go next. Should we catch a ferry from Surat Thani to Koh Tao, or go to Chumphon and go to Koh Tao? What's the fastest way? Any recommendations for a budget/moderat ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,047 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by susanah on 31/7/2009 at 13:38

Where to store your bags on arrival?

Posted by koenoosterbroek on 4/7/2009 at 07:12

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,807 times, with 9 replies. Last reply by sirhalberd on 30/7/2009 at 11:50

Need help re the different coasts

Posted by jakethedog on 29/7/2009 at 02:44

Trying to get some idea of an itinerary and have the following questions. (4 weeks mid Feb-mid March 2010) What are some of the major differences in islands in the west and east coast on the southern penninisula and the islands on the east coast? I am talking about weather, scenery tourist areas etc. Is it possible to get to the islands off the southwest coast of cambodia from the area of Ko Chang and is it worthwhile to do so in terms of them being that much different than the islands i ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,090 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by jakethedog on 29/7/2009 at 09:18

advice on must sees and must avoids

Posted by keelyandmark on 28/7/2009 at 00:57

Hi, My husband and I are planning on travelling around thailand for 3 months. We are flying into Bangkok and are planning on doing a round trip to Chaing Mai. Then down to the south. Are there any places that we should go to or must see or places that we should definately avoid. We are looking to avoid the majority of the tourist traps and get a real feel for Thailand. Any advice would be gratefully appreciated! Thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,382 times, with 9 replies. Last reply by BruceMoon on 29/7/2009 at 05:45

Where can I go for a 'countryside walk' near Bangkok?

Posted by mangoboy on 20/7/2009 at 16:14

Does anyone know of anywhere near Bangkok where one can go for a 'countryside walk'? i.e. two or three hours strolling through anything which is not concrete and glass. Trees, canals, riverside, jungle, paddys, plantations etc. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,670 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by mangoboy on 28/7/2009 at 15:17

full moon accomadation

Posted by matt89 on 27/7/2009 at 23:05

apologies as this has been covered many times before, im just debating whether to book ahead for the sept full moon party or not. i can arrive 3 days in advance of the party i would be looking to stay somewere on haad rin. ideally ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,416 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 28/7/2009 at 08:16

Phanom Rung stone castle

Posted by silviar on 29/3/2009 at 14:03

anybody knows, if buses from Buriram to Chantaburi + sawngthaews from Ban Ta Ko to Phanom Rung are working in the early morning(between 3-6pm)? wana go there friday form Bkk to see the sunrise on the 4th of April...anybody else has the same plan? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,047 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by jarvis1 on 27/7/2009 at 23:18

Multiple Entry Visa for Thailand

Posted by sevi87 on 20/7/2009 at 12:19

I need to get a multiple entry visa for Thailand. I already got the 30 Day Tourist Visa twice. I am going to Laos this Wednesday and wanted to drop off my passport at the Thai Embassy in Vietnaine but I would leave Laos on a Sunday so I cannot pick my Passport up. Is there any way to get a Multiple Entry Visa on the same day if I pay extra or an Agency which can do it for me? I have already gotten two 30days Visa which expires August 6th and I am staying until September 18th. I have a German ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 7,750 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by sevi87 on 27/7/2009 at 23:12

Help with Southern Thailand Itinerary

Posted by luchy1309 on 23/7/2009 at 14:18

Hello! I have been using Travelfish itineraries all through my trip in SEA, and have been wonderful. However,now I need a bit of help with planning my trip to the Islands in Thailand. I am flying from Hanoi to Bangkok the night of the 28th of July and have till the 26th of August to explore the islands. I want to go to both sides of the southern islands. The islands I would like to visit are Phi Phi, Lanta, perhaps Riley. And on the Andaman Coast Samui, Tao, and perhaps Phangan. What ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,783 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by luchy1309 on 27/7/2009 at 18:22

Where to go in early September

Posted by balibutterfly on 25/7/2009 at 08:33

My husband and I are traveling to Thailand in early September, spending a few days in Bangkok and then we will have a week where we would like to visit another part of Thailand. Mostly we are looking for somewhere with good weather, nice restaurants and quality massage and a place to stay where we won't feel too crowded and won't be affected by noise in the evenings. At the moment we are considering Chiang Mai or Ko Samet but are open to suggestions. We have already visited Samui. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,605 times, with 10 replies. Last reply by thailand_asia on 27/7/2009 at 13:46

Honeymoon in the islands

Posted by brinner on 18/2/2009 at 20:54

Hi, We are going to Thailand for 3 weeks on our honeymoon in July. We've been in Thailand before but never got to do the islands, we went North to Chiang Mai and into Laos, Vietnam, Cambodia. Because it's July and rainy season we are going to go to Ko Samui, Ko Tao & Ko Pha Ngan. Does anyone have good recommendations of resorts on these islands that cater for honeymoons? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,293 times, with 12 replies. Last reply by tezza on 25/7/2009 at 10:08

I knew they were pretty stupid but...

Posted by Jon_Mak_Mak on 27/4/2009 at 23:03

...it seems that Thailand is making it very difficult for tourists as of late, and considering how much money they get (and scam) out of tourist it all seems more stupid. Visa changes, bank charges, riots?!! Not quite as appealing as it was a few years ago is it. Anyway, I’m planning my trip there with my wife and baby to meet her grand parents in January next year so I don’t think I will book anything to far in advance now. Let wait and see what else happens.  ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,131 times, with 16 replies. Last reply by Skimonkey on 24/7/2009 at 18:49

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page