Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Which islands in 10 days?

Posted by robin84 on 28/4/2009 at 10:41

I'm spending 10 days in Thailand in late May with 4 friends (all in our mid 20s.) I backpacked around Thailand in '05, the only islands I went to then were Ko Phi Phi and Ko Pha Nga. This time as I only have 10 days I'd like to base myself on 2 or 3 islands. I fly into Phuket but really don't fancy spending much time there - not a big resort girl. Any suggestions on which islands would be best? Happy to travel a bit, but as time is limited don't want to spend days travelling from place ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,370 times, with 8 replies. Last reply by mermaidtraveller on 18/5/2009 at 22:43

Getting from Koh Tao to Denpasar to Sydney?

Posted by Ryem78 on 18/5/2009 at 19:40

Hi, Does anyone have recommendations about the best way/airlines to get from Koh Tao to Denpasar to Sydney? Thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,584 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by Ryem78 on 18/5/2009 at 22:26

koh lanta in May

Posted by jokhm on 12/5/2009 at 10:51

Hi everyone Was hoping to head to Ban Phu Lae or somewhere with some very private feel to it... at the end of May. They say they will be closed though and I'm not sure where else to go that compares and is still open. Also I've planned things around taking the van to and from Krabi. Anyone have any suggestions or information? Thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,585 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by mermaidtraveller on 18/5/2009 at 22:15

4 week Itinerary

Posted by freedlabel on 17/5/2009 at 15:52

Hello all, Travelling to s.e. asia in a week, for about 4 weeks. Starting off in Ho Chih Minh city, going up north to Hanoi, and then crossing over to Laos, then into Thailand, and then finishing off at Phnom Penh, Cambodia. Can anyone recommend a good itinerary based on the above? Thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,981 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by brucemoon on 18/5/2009 at 07:34

sungklaburi how to get there from s

Posted by annacmyk on 14/5/2009 at 15:12

hello there, I would like to go to sungklaburi in december but i am having trouble finding a way from sukhothai to sungklaburi, could you reccomend the best possible way. thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 999 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by cyberbean on 15/5/2009 at 23:31

travelling light!!

Posted by scotty29 on 8/5/2009 at 01:54

hi everyone im going to thailand in 7 weeks, travelling from northern ireland and really cant be assed carrying a backpack thru belfast to london to bkk to phucket waiting on baggage (lazy i know BUT im on holidays!! lol) i was going to take handluggage to get me thru 1ST day or so and nip to shops and get a backpack, clothes etc when i get there. is this a clever idea or not? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 7,123 times, with 15 replies. Last reply by srk052004 on 15/5/2009 at 09:16

Pre-booking needed?

Posted by luchy1309 on 10/5/2009 at 03:28

Hi! My husband and I are going to Southeast Asia for 3 months (starting with Bangkok) in the beginning of June and then heading to the north of Thailand, then Laos, then Vietnam, then Cambodia, and finishing in the Thailand beaches. Do you recommend to pre-book hotels? thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,366 times, with 9 replies. Last reply by busylizzy on 14/5/2009 at 17:59

which parts of thailand to visit first/ last with weather in mind

Posted by julesone on 12/5/2009 at 03:04

I will be travelling through Thailand from the end of October til just before Christmas and was hoping for some inside information about which parts of the country to visit first and last as, I'm aware that different monsoons effect different parts of Thailand at different times in the year. I am hoping to visit Chiang Mai and perhaps do some trekking as well as visit the southern islands on both sides of the penninsular. Much help, knowledge and advice about weather patterns will be gre ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,517 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by brucemoon on 12/5/2009 at 06:13

thai temple tattoos

Posted by joe000 on 9/5/2009 at 19:23

does anyone have experience of getting sak yant (temple tattoos)? And if so could they recommend a practitioner? Thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 7,000 times, with 10 replies. Last reply by DLuek on 11/5/2009 at 18:47

Yellow Fever Vaccination Required?

Posted by jrt7 on 8/5/2009 at 07:34

I'm going to be flying into Thailand from the US, then visiting Cambodia before returning to Thailand. Will I need to get a yellow fever vaccination to re-enter Thailand? Thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 9,677 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by tim0chen on 10/5/2009 at 09:50

Thailand itinerary

Posted by Mariane12 on 7/5/2009 at 11:09

Hi. I heading to Thailand in a couple weeks. I'm starting off in Bangkok, then going up to Chiang my, then back down to see some islands. I have a general idea of what I want do see, but I was wondering how well I should map out everything beforehand. Is it necessary to make a day to day itinerary? Planning really isn't my forte. I've looked at the suggested itineraries on travelfish but I'm just planning on taking it day by day. Is that a bad idea? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,189 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by brucemoon on 7/5/2009 at 13:17

Tara Mantra Cha Am????

Posted by Jon_Mak_Mak on 5/5/2009 at 05:31

Anyone stayed here or know anything about it? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,255 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by Jon_Mak_Mak on 7/5/2009 at 04:02

Only have 2 days to visit Khorat, Buriram, Si Saket for Khmer Temples. Is it possible?

Posted by PerjalananSambilMotret on 15/4/2009 at 18:37

halo guys, Im planning to visit Korat around June, and will be spending around 2 days in the province. A bit worried though, having heard about the demonstrations happening in Pattaya which I hope aren't spreading to other area. Do you think the city/the provicence safe enough? Other than that, my plan consists of spending 2 days in the province, with objective being to visit Phimai Park first. Afterwards, I might want to visit Phanom Rung and Muang Tam -- if im not mistaken, those t ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,003 times, with 10 replies. Last reply by Diane85 on 7/5/2009 at 01:44

thai visa

Posted by chatz on 26/4/2009 at 08:18

Story lads this is probibly a stupid question but how does a person go about organising a thailand visa? Do i just fly into bangkok and get it sorted there or do i have to organise it before i leave home. Home being Ireland. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,452 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by Thaiman on 5/5/2009 at 15:07

Which route is more logical?

Posted by chatz on 8/3/2009 at 08:04

Hi, Chatz here I'm heading travelling on the 21st of sept 09, and i was wondering whether it would more logical to travel from thailand to vietnam and then fly to malaysia or start of from Vietnam travel through cambodia, loas, thailand and then down to malaysia over land. As this is gona be my first real traveling experience i wana cut back on the backtracking and also see as much as possibe for as cheap as possibe. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,745 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by brucemoon on 5/5/2009 at 09:08

Ko Samet or Khao Yai National Park in July

Posted by seebrowning on 3/5/2009 at 19:41

Hello, We're heading out for six weeks in China and SE Asia in June and are stuck on which way to go from Bangkok. We're planning on leaving Bangkok on July 4th and are considering either Ko Samet or Khao Yai Nat'l Park. Since it will clearly be rainy season, I'm curious whether an island visit is even advisable. More importantly, is Ko Samet just going to be a tourist trap (we're originally from Florida....so if it's like Daytona Beach then no thanks). After this destination, we' ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,168 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 5/5/2009 at 03:47

Next Full Moon Party...

Posted by SammyB on 28/4/2009 at 13:10

Hey guys, Been playing around on the site for a weeks now planning a trek, and fly out on Sunday! Dig the site and fully plan on becoming addicted. Anyway, from everything I've read or seen on calenders, the next Full Moon Party is either the 8th or 9th of May, but I haven't seen something for certain. Does anyone know for sure when it will fall? Also, any suggestions for us on where to stay for it, etc? Seems like a nice kickstart to a few months of travel in SEA for the first ti ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,772 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by Jon_Mak_Mak on 2/5/2009 at 19:38

Phuket weather/Racha transportation end of may

Posted by acof on 1/5/2009 at 08:56

Hi, im travelling to phuket from may 27th to 1st of june. i want to go to racha and stay there. but i know is wet season. is it very difficult to find transportation to go to racha? how safe/expensive this could be? thanks for your help! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,285 times, with no replies.

Khao Sok Rainforest Resort

Posted by OralDouglas on 1/5/2009 at 00:31

Khao Sok Rainforest Resort I have been living in Thailand for six months, and before that I have made numerous tours of the southern islands of Thailand on vacations from Japan. In all that time I have never, EVER- been treated so poorly and subject to such horrid service and conditions than those my companions and I encountered during our stay at Khao Sok Rainforest Resort. Day 1 We arrived at Khao Sok Rainforest resort at approximately 4pm. Our group of 21 family members and friends ha ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,503 times, with no replies.

Tour Operator- Thailand Travel Plan

Posted by cheeco on 29/4/2009 at 20:23

I was just checking out the tour operator "Thailand Travel Plan" suggested by Travelfish. Has anyone had experience with this operator? The different tours look exellent. I know I could probably do this on my own (treking and visiting villages in the north, island hopping in the south), but would anyone suggest going through this operator to save time/ hassle, etc? Just looking for some insights! Thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,028 times, with no replies.

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page