Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Southern Thailand

Posted by allie on 3/4/2009 at 22:17

Hi, I am travelling to Thailand with my sister in a week, we are going for 3 weeks. We are planning on spending 2 nights in Bangkok then going to Krabi from where we want to go to Railay for a week or so then down to Koh Lanta. I have read up on both islands and they seem to be a good mix of beach activities and bars/restaurants for the evening. I just wanted to check with you guys on here that i am thinking right in picking these islands for a first trip to Thailand(our main aim for t ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,498 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by ellennn on 22/4/2009 at 21:49

Samui to Ko Pha Ngan?

Posted by dmandel on 2/4/2009 at 11:30

Hi, How hard is it to get from Samui (airport) to Ko Pha Ngan? How long does it take? How frequent are the boats? Also, if I want to get to Thong Nai Pan Noi on Pha Ngan, how much harder is that? Thanks. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 7,000 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by ellennn on 22/4/2009 at 21:48

2 Weeks in Southern Thailand - Ideas ??

Posted by jimmy86 on 1/4/2009 at 08:27

Hi, I'm spending two weeks in southern thailand this coming August, flying directly into phuket...was looking at doing a few off the beaten track 'exploring' adventures + the usual touristy thing (phuket-KoPhaNgan)...if anyone has some ideas of a rough route to take would be greatly appreciated...going to be backpacking with the girlfriend ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,970 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by ellennn on 22/4/2009 at 21:46

Direct from Chiang Mai to Phuket - how far in advance?

Posted by hospitalbed on 18/4/2009 at 02:48

Hi guys. Flying into Thailand quickly here, and changing up our plans to avoid BKK as much as possible. The original idea was to sleeper train from CM down to BKK, then work our way south and go island hopping. With the current advice out there to avoid Bangkok, we are thinking of flying direct from CM to Phuket , and working our way through the islands with Phuket as a starting point. I've googled/resarched that their is one direct flight per day from CM to Phuket, the rest have a stop ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,775 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by hospitalbed on 21/4/2009 at 09:19

Ko Tao Questions

Posted by cbaumga2 on 20/4/2009 at 06:49

My wife and I will be on Ko Tao in June. We are looking for a more remote area, and I was thinking about staying on the East side (should also have calmer water this time if year). I am interested in Ao Hin Wong, but there doesn’t appear to be a beach there. Does anyone know if this is correct? I think my wife would really prefer to stay at a place w/ a beach. What are some other good options on the East side for beauty and beaches? Also, I am interested in renting either a bicycle o ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,789 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by SBE on 20/4/2009 at 21:10

Hotel rec on Yao Noi

Posted by SugarPalm on 8/4/2009 at 18:27

Hi, I'm a young woman who'll be traveling alone to Koh Yao Noi in a few weeks. I'm looking for a nice place to stay on the island that's safe, clean, and not too basic--I'm more of a flashpacker than a backpacker these days. It would also be great if it had a friendly, social atmosphere. I heard that a new place called Villa Guna is running now. Anyone been there or have contact info? Anyway, any recommendations on where I should stay (or hang out, for matter) would be great. Tha ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,240 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by tezza on 19/4/2009 at 14:31

8 Day-Trip from Bangkok to the Islands by Myself

Posted by alhamaqi on 7/4/2009 at 19:55

There is so much information out there that I'm starting to get frustrated as to how I should go about this thing. I would really appreciate your help. I will be arriving in Bangkok on April 23rd (early morning). I want to go straight to the islands and I'm thinking about the Andaman islands. I have 8 nights to spend but I want my last 2 nights to be back in Bangkok. What is the best way to go about this with an easy way to get back to Bangkok? What I'm looking for in this trip is a mixtur ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,686 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by tezza on 19/4/2009 at 14:07

Decent place to stay with dorms on ko san road

Posted by guyhay on 14/4/2009 at 19:52

anybody know of anywhere? thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,149 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by exacto on 16/4/2009 at 20:33

luggage transfer at bangkok

Posted by rover3 on 10/4/2009 at 16:21

I am a bit of a novice traveller and am a little concerned about my connecting flight to samui. I have 55 minutes to get off at Bangkok and get to the next flight. I have heard that you have to reclaim your baggage is this true? if so, i am well and truly stuffed as mine is always the last bag on the carousel! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,068 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by rover3 on 15/4/2009 at 19:17

diving end of april

Posted by jeroenp on 14/4/2009 at 15:46

hi, We're in china now but in two weeks will be heading to thailand again to finish our 3 months vacation. before we fly home we wan't to go diving in thailand. Can someone advise an island for the period 25/04 - 01/05? We're bothe beginners if that is important. thanks and high up the mountain greetings from Shangri-La ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,570 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 15/4/2009 at 13:05

how to get from kanchanaburi to trat or ko chang considering problems in bangkok

Posted by liam123 on 13/4/2009 at 14:13

hi i need to be in trat by the 18th of april and im trying to figure the best way to get there avoiding bangkok for obvious reasons.our last resort would be mini bus or taxi. If anyone knows any train routes or bus routes? your help would be appreciated also cheaper the better many thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 6,331 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by liam123 on 13/4/2009 at 20:25

Help me plan my 3 week trip!

Posted by annak07 on 9/4/2009 at 18:33

Hi, I'll be going to Thailand from the 15th of June till the 6th of July. My current plan is : 15th-19th = Bangkok (I'd like to go to Ayattaya and Kanchanaburi as well..are these best done as day trips from Bangkok, or can I travel from BK to Kanchanaburi and then onwards to Chiang Mai ?) 20th - 26th = Chiang Mai (I'd also like to go to Pai and Mae Hong Son, but I'm not sure if it's better to just spend more time in CM instead of constantly travelling?) Im thinking of getting an overn ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,190 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by annak07 on 13/4/2009 at 19:41

uthai thani

Posted by redrob on 12/4/2009 at 18:25

hi everyone, has anyone been to amphoe lan sak in uthai thani? i'm trying to find out if there is any accomodation in lan sak rather than having to stay in uthai thani which is about 58 kms away. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,619 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by redrob on 13/4/2009 at 15:35

Jungle Experience

Posted by CosmicStar on 12/4/2009 at 03:57

I am going to Thailand for 4 weeks with a couple of friends during August and we would really like to stay in the jungle for a few nights. What is the easiest (and safest) way to arrange this type of experience? We are not sure of our route yet but we are flying in and out of Bangkok. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,111 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 13/4/2009 at 10:10

Bangkok to Siem Reap

Posted by tactic on 12/4/2009 at 00:44

Is in unadvisable to travel overland to Siem Reap in June/July? Thanks. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,527 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by elocin on 12/4/2009 at 07:48

travel writing book about thailand/cambodia

Posted by halongbay07 on 9/4/2009 at 20:48

hi, im travelling in thailand and cambodia in september and would like to read some travel writing about other peoples experience's and 'off the beaten track' storys, can anyone recommend any good books? thanks. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,470 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by Tilapia on 10/4/2009 at 01:01

Cheapest airline - Phuket back to UK

Posted by aman218 on 8/4/2009 at 19:41

whos the cheapest carrier to get back to London Heathrow from Phuket? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,680 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 9/4/2009 at 10:48

Pre-book room in Chiang Mai for Songkran?

Posted by DLuek on 7/4/2009 at 17:27

Hi, I'll be heading to Chiang Mai in a couple days for Songkran. Should I book a room online now or just look around like normal when I get there? Can anyone suggest a solid place, under 500 baht, that books online? Any advice appreciated, DL ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,286 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by dageshi on 8/4/2009 at 09:46

Southern Thailand - travelling alone, what to do with valuables?

Posted by wheelse on 6/4/2009 at 11:59

Hi All, I'll be a solo female traveler at the beaches in southern thailand for a few weeks in July - and was looking how others have handled going swimming, etc with no one to watch your stuff... I'm afraid to leave my passport back at the hostel/hotel but certainly don't want to leave it unattended on the do folks handle this generally? Thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,572 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by busylizzy on 8/4/2009 at 03:01

Phi Phi Island, where is the best party spot?

Posted by Thaidamo on 3/4/2009 at 07:24

A mate an i are going to Phi Phi on our travels. Probably only be on phi phi for about 2 nights and want to party hard. Where are the best spots to go? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,815 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by runningcate on 6/4/2009 at 12:34

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page