Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Short trip on way back from Australia

Posted by citizen on 25/2/2009 at 22:40

Hi I have around 8 - 10 days and would like to see/do the following: 1. Temples and Buddhas 2. Very interested in food / cooking (perhaps a course) 3. Probably some diving 4. Spend at least a couple of days in Bangkok 5. Basically chill out with the option to do some other things if the mood takes me... Originally I'd thought spend some time in bangkok, Kanchanaburi, Chaing Mai, Ko Tao.. but I'll end up spending all my time on trains, buses; and in airports. So - perhaps more rea ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,423 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by citizen on 4/3/2009 at 20:34

Any Good Accomodation near Mo Chit or Chatuchak??

Posted by knot01 on 28/2/2009 at 04:13

We are looking for any cheap accomodation near this places as we will be going next day to Cambodia from Mor Chit Bus terminal early morning ( 5am). Is it anything arround??? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,941 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by loveth on 4/3/2009 at 13:54

What to do in Phitsanulok at 4.20am??

Posted by Lornie on 17/2/2009 at 20:07

I’m thinking of the getting the overnight train from Bangkok to Phitsanulok in a couple of weeks. I was wondering about what to do when I arrive there at 4.20am or thereabouts as a solo female traveller. Any ideas? I’m a little worried about being on my own in the dark with nobody around. I don’t know what to expect when I get there so early. I’d really appreciate advice. Thank you. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,444 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by jamesspignesi on 1/3/2009 at 15:44

National Parks and Markets

Posted by guyhay on 1/3/2009 at 02:33

In a couple of weeks i'm going on a trip including these destinations, bangkok, chiang mai, luang prabang, vang vieng, vietiane, hanoi, hue, ho chi minh, koh pha ngan and koh samui and krabi. I'd like some suggestions for a couple of good/the best national parks around these areas (preferably with some good wildlife and i want to see some amazing waterfalls) and the names of good markets to visit in some of these places (i want to see something authentic, i'd love to go to a good floating marke ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,987 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by Thaiman on 1/3/2009 at 14:47

inhalers in Thailand

Posted by forever_stoked on 26/2/2009 at 15:34

heading to Thailand for a few months starting in March. i've read that you don't need a Rx to get medicine, but i was hoping to make sure the ones i need are available. is it easy enough to find an Albuterol Inhaler?? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,050 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by Pjames on 1/3/2009 at 13:24

Backpacking with a Laptop

Posted by cubedweller on 12/2/2009 at 00:43

Hello, I'll be leaving for Thailand in March and will be staying for approximately 2 months. For the first half of the trip I will be staying in pretty hi-end resorts; for the second half, I will be met by friends and we will continue on in the typical 'backpacker' fashion; cheap accommodations, travel, etc. I'd really love to bring my laptop for various reasons; updating my iPod, backing up my photos, editing photos and general WiFi connectivity where available. My only problem is, I'm s ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,360 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by davidjones1952 on 28/2/2009 at 18:56

Bangkok Accommodation Sukhumvit

Posted by heke on 21/2/2009 at 17:04

Will be visiting Bangkok April 09 and was wondering if anyone can recommend or otherwise the Swan Inn on Sukhumvit Soi 4 or the Thai House Inn just off Sukhumvit Road on Soi 7. I am looking for accommodation around the 700-1000 baht range. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,634 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 28/2/2009 at 09:19

first or second class sleeper train for Bangkok -Trang??

Posted by knot01 on 23/2/2009 at 20:34

Hi, Any advise or comments on Thai train classes? We are going next month from Bangkok to Trang, then to Railey. Just wondering which class will be better? Is first class cabin just with two beds or 4?? Can you lock your cabin ? Has the second class bed any privacy, I mean any kind of screen, curtains?? How safe is second class?? I have read that this is just seats converts into beds at night time. We are going to go this route next month, March the 10th, will train be busy and full of peo ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 16,711 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by knot01 on 28/2/2009 at 04:08

Getting from Chiang Khong to Chiang Rai or Chiang Mai

Posted by Kostichka on 26/2/2009 at 10:35

Hey there, I'm planning to return back to Thailand after the Gibon experience. The van from the experience returns to Huay Xai around 1400. What is the best way to get to Chiang Rai, or, ideally Chiang Mai in the same day? Thank you for responses. k ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 7,673 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by chicho83 on 26/2/2009 at 16:14

Climbing in April?

Posted by climbergirl on 21/2/2009 at 03:55

I'm planning on going to Thailand for the first time in April with my husband. Since it's so hot, I was considering not spending much time in Bangkok and spending 1 week in the north and 1 week in Tonsai/Railey area. We do plan on doing some rock climbing. Is it going to be too hot to climb? Is it worth going over to Ko Phi Phi (again, interested in climbing)? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,687 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by goo_stewart on 26/2/2009 at 11:24

June/July around Ko Pha Nagn

Posted by rockyrobin on 24/2/2009 at 23:21

My girlfriend and i might plan to go to Ko Pha Nagn and surrounding areas(maybe Railey Beach and Phi Phi) for a month or two, leaving for there at latest at the start of June. I know its coming into the rainy season but, will the weather still be ok? will it still be sunny and warm? Or can we expect rain all day everyday? I've been before a few years back for three months between February and March and it was beautiful and have always dreamt of returning since! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,874 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by rockyrobin on 26/2/2009 at 05:46

Any buses going from Surat Thani to Ao Nang?

Posted by knot01 on 24/2/2009 at 17:59

hi Just needs some advise on buses from Surat thani to Ao Nang , Is there any in the morning, or any regular bus route? We were thinking of going to Krabi and then Railey from ST, but shorter and cheaper would be ST to Ao Nang and then boat to Railey. Anybody did it this way? #please leave your feedback. cheers ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,516 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 25/2/2009 at 08:11

Pls help us plan our trip to Bangkok

Posted by marshwind on 23/2/2009 at 13:09

Hi everyone, I'm new in the forum but Ive been reading on this site for quite sometime now and I find it very informative and helpful. Me and my friends just booked a ticket from Manila to BKK on May 29 FRI (ETA BKK 10:45PM) until June 2 MON (ETD BKK 12:30AM). It's just a very short trip because that's all we can stretch from our vacation leaves. It's our first time in Bangkok and we want to maximize our time there and see as much as we can! We want to check out a beach too and I heard about ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,481 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by dawntlc on 25/2/2009 at 01:26

Anniversary in April

Posted by climbergirl on 24/2/2009 at 12:55

I'm planning to spend my 3-year anniversary in Thailand. Since we are going to be spending some time climbing in Tonsai/Railay, I was thinking of going over to Ko Lanta for a couple nights for our actual anniversary, perhaps splurge on a nice, romantic place. What is the most romantic place to stay in Ko Lanta? Where would you recommend staying? A/C is a must. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,209 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by tezza on 24/2/2009 at 13:26

Tonsai Bay Resort?

Posted by climbergirl on 21/2/2009 at 03:56

Anyone stay there before? Is the water clean? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,213 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by climbergirl on 24/2/2009 at 11:13

What would be a reasonable airfare from Chicago to Bangkok?

Posted by srk052004 on 22/2/2009 at 08:08

Hi all. I have a silly question that I can't seem to find an answer for. So, I'm asking people here. What is a "good deal" for airfare from Chicago to BKK? I have no idea. I would be traveling in May/June. Thanks in advance for any guidance you can offer. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,416 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by srk052004 on 24/2/2009 at 00:02

bus from Trang to Krabi

Posted by knot01 on 22/2/2009 at 05:07

Hi We will be taking night train from Bangkok to Trang , then looking for a bus to Krabi . Is there a regular bus going? How often and $$$?? We will be in Trang in the morning - 6-7am. Another question, is i better to get off the train for Krabi in Surat Thani or Trang? Advises warm welcome!!! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 13,861 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by knot01 on 23/2/2009 at 20:24

Air Asia

Posted by heke on 22/2/2009 at 10:31

Will be travelling Bangkok/Phnom Penh/Bangkok, April/May 2009, and am seeking advice whether it is best to book now, or perhaps wait until closer to the time (maybe 1 month before). Does Airasia put out specials closer to flight time or are the flights cheaper the earlier you book. At present can get a return flight for Baht5056 with 20kg baggage allowance and a chosen seat alloaction. Any advice appreciated. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,537 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by heke on 23/2/2009 at 16:16

New story: Teaching English in Thailand

Posted by somtam2000 on 23/2/2009 at 10:10

For some travellers to Southeast Asia, the lure of a job in the region is just too strong and instead of heading home they decide to stay. Teaching English -- either as a way to legally stay in the country for a long stretch of time, or as a means to try and save money before continuing your travels, remains one of the most popular avenues of work. The real deal alas is often not quite as glamorous as the glossy brochures suggest, and there's no shortage of tales of woe. Travelfish researc ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,834 times, with no replies.

Bangkok Airport Hotel

Posted by VermicciousKnid on 21/2/2009 at 09:45

Can anyone recommend a decent hotel very near the Bangkok airport? I will be transiting through BKK for one night and need a place to sleep. I'll have to get up super early to catch my flight the next day. I'd like to pay under $100usd if possible. Thank you! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,859 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by Isobel_123 on 22/2/2009 at 18:10

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page