Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Pls help us plan our trip to Bangkok

Posted by marshwind on 23/2/2009 at 13:09

Hi everyone, I'm new in the forum but Ive been reading on this site for quite sometime now and I find it very informative and helpful. Me and my friends just booked a ticket from Manila to BKK on May 29 FRI (ETA BKK 10:45PM) until June 2 MON (ETD BKK 12:30AM). It's just a very short trip because that's all we can stretch from our vacation leaves. It's our first time in Bangkok and we want to maximize our time there and see as much as we can! We want to check out a beach too and I heard about ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,488 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by dawntlc on 25/2/2009 at 01:26

Anniversary in April

Posted by climbergirl on 24/2/2009 at 12:55

I'm planning to spend my 3-year anniversary in Thailand. Since we are going to be spending some time climbing in Tonsai/Railay, I was thinking of going over to Ko Lanta for a couple nights for our actual anniversary, perhaps splurge on a nice, romantic place. What is the most romantic place to stay in Ko Lanta? Where would you recommend staying? A/C is a must. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,215 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by tezza on 24/2/2009 at 13:26

Tonsai Bay Resort?

Posted by climbergirl on 21/2/2009 at 03:56

Anyone stay there before? Is the water clean? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,223 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by climbergirl on 24/2/2009 at 11:13

What would be a reasonable airfare from Chicago to Bangkok?

Posted by srk052004 on 22/2/2009 at 08:08

Hi all. I have a silly question that I can't seem to find an answer for. So, I'm asking people here. What is a "good deal" for airfare from Chicago to BKK? I have no idea. I would be traveling in May/June. Thanks in advance for any guidance you can offer. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,421 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by srk052004 on 24/2/2009 at 00:02

bus from Trang to Krabi

Posted by knot01 on 22/2/2009 at 05:07

Hi We will be taking night train from Bangkok to Trang , then looking for a bus to Krabi . Is there a regular bus going? How often and $$$?? We will be in Trang in the morning - 6-7am. Another question, is i better to get off the train for Krabi in Surat Thani or Trang? Advises warm welcome!!! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 13,924 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by knot01 on 23/2/2009 at 20:24

Air Asia

Posted by heke on 22/2/2009 at 10:31

Will be travelling Bangkok/Phnom Penh/Bangkok, April/May 2009, and am seeking advice whether it is best to book now, or perhaps wait until closer to the time (maybe 1 month before). Does Airasia put out specials closer to flight time or are the flights cheaper the earlier you book. At present can get a return flight for Baht5056 with 20kg baggage allowance and a chosen seat alloaction. Any advice appreciated. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,546 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by heke on 23/2/2009 at 16:16

New story: Teaching English in Thailand

Posted by somtam2000 on 23/2/2009 at 10:10

For some travellers to Southeast Asia, the lure of a job in the region is just too strong and instead of heading home they decide to stay. Teaching English -- either as a way to legally stay in the country for a long stretch of time, or as a means to try and save money before continuing your travels, remains one of the most popular avenues of work. The real deal alas is often not quite as glamorous as the glossy brochures suggest, and there's no shortage of tales of woe. Travelfish researc ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,846 times, with no replies.

Bangkok Airport Hotel

Posted by VermicciousKnid on 21/2/2009 at 09:45

Can anyone recommend a decent hotel very near the Bangkok airport? I will be transiting through BKK for one night and need a place to sleep. I'll have to get up super early to catch my flight the next day. I'd like to pay under $100usd if possible. Thank you! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,865 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by Isobel_123 on 22/2/2009 at 18:10

Posted by KevinCorr on 20/1/2009 at 22:01

What happened to the chaptors on Nan Province? Travelfish had very good coverage of the Province before the remodle. Now it seems to be gone. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,179 times, with 16 replies. Last reply by KevinCorr on 22/2/2009 at 13:05

Boat from Ko Phi Phi to Ko Lipe?

Posted by TheGoose on 20/2/2009 at 19:33

Hi, Anyone know the cheapest way to travel between the two islands? I've looked at Tigerline and they're pretty pricey! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,864 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 21/2/2009 at 19:32

going fishing in thailand

Posted by scotty29 on 15/2/2009 at 19:17

elo everyone!! im travelling to phuket on 25th of june for 16 days and would really luv to get out on a boat fishing as they say this is the best time of year for this, ive seen a few adverts on net, i was wondering if anyone has been out fishin and could offer me any tips on findin a good boat, and have had any successful outings with any boats, any help would be much appreciated thx ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,738 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by scotty29 on 21/2/2009 at 19:22

Trekking on Horseback

Posted by alexlazarus on 19/2/2009 at 23:39

Hello again! After an absolutely fabulous time in Thailand over New Year, we have just booked our flights for 3 weeks over Christmas and New Year 2009. Super keen! As is my want, i am already very excited about it,a nd wanted to pick your brains as to horse back trekking. We are both fairly experienced riders and wanted soemthing fun and quite challenging, but without having to spend a fortune. As we have longer there this time round, we were considering going further north for the first w ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,266 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 20/2/2009 at 09:23

thai new year - koh phangan

Posted by guyhay on 20/2/2009 at 04:39

Has anyone been to this? what are the celebrations like? I'm going to koh phangan in april and the fmp in on the 9th, and there are apparently celebrations for thai new year there on the 12th, would it be worth staying for this? If not would it be a better idea to be in bangkok for the celebrations. Also does anyone know whether public transport still runs over this period or not? thanks for your help, much appreciated. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,469 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 20/2/2009 at 09:21

Somewhere to go on my own

Posted by guyhay on 11/2/2009 at 04:09

Hi, I'm new to the forum, but have been reading the site for a while now, trying to prepare to my trip to SE Asia in March, and have found it very helpful, so thanks to all involved. I'm going with three friends, but I have decided to stay on for two weeks after they go back home. Basically I'm looking for somewhere to go in this time. I'll see my friends off in Bangkok, and have considered flights to kuala lumpur, and then possibly onto singapore, i've even considered a trip to hong kong as f ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,597 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by guyhay on 20/2/2009 at 04:34

Left or right of Bangkok?

Posted by wisewoman on 19/2/2009 at 02:54

Hello, We are heading to BKK over Easter and after spending a few days there, we want to move on to an area within say 150 miles of BKK ( driving distance of a few hours basically) which would be close to a beach as well as being withign easy reach of other attractions including wildlife parks and ancient sites & temples. I figure that we need to go either left and down to an area near Hua Hin / Phetburi or maybe right down to Chonburi / Rayong area. As an unseasoned, virginal, soon ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,671 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by Tilapia on 19/2/2009 at 07:12

Travel from Phuket to Ko Phangan

Posted by JCarter on 18/2/2009 at 17:15

What is the most direct route from Phuket to Ko Phangan or Ko Samui?? We've been looking online for hrs now without any luck - help! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 13,825 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 18/2/2009 at 18:42

Yasothon Rocket Festival

Posted by mrnoxious on 12/2/2009 at 18:27

Is this worth going to see? We hadn't planned on going to NE Thailand during our 3 weeks, so was wondering if this is worth the journey. And if so, what would be the best way to get there. Would accommodation be more difficult to find because of the festival? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,591 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 18/2/2009 at 18:35

Which Islands During Rainy Season

Posted by cbaumga2 on 17/2/2009 at 07:14

We will be ending our trip to SE Asia at the end of June, and I would like to spend the last few days on a Thai Island. Which area would we see the best weather during this time? According to the weather map, the area around Ko Chang/Maak/Kut (which is where I was leaning toward) has the most rainy days in June. I have also heard that the Andaman Coast is not great during this time. Does anyone have personal experience on the islands during June? Thanks for your input. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 12,702 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by tezza on 18/2/2009 at 12:25

Going to Malaysia for a visa run?

Posted by cubedweller on 13/2/2009 at 01:08

Hi, So I'm still trying to figure out my visa situation; I'm leaning towards just going on the 30-day visa free pass when I arrive in Bangkok, then taking a flight approximately 3 weeks later to KL for about 3 days. I have friends arriving in Bangkok so I have to get back; I've also never been to Malaysia, and 3 days is a short stop I know, but the flight from BKK to KL is around 299BHT on For this price, I'd love to just walk around the city for a few days. Any thoughts or a ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,134 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by cubedweller on 17/2/2009 at 23:33

alone travelling through Chaing Mai?

Posted by misschristi on 15/2/2009 at 19:20

I am about to travel through Chaing Mai alone and wondered if anyone was also travelling solo and wanted to meet up sometime duuring their journey in CM? Or give tips on where to go (eat, sleep, investigate etc).. thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,540 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by simonmobiledisco on 17/2/2009 at 11:34

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page