Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

romantic island getaway?

Posted by somebodyelse on 30/1/2009 at 22:35

hi folks, am looking for a romantic long weekend beach getaway from singapore and thought the thai islands looked the best bet. not looking for the party scene but more of secluded hut on the beach etc kinda thing. any recommendations? hopefully more towards the budget/flashpacker range on the price scale. thank you! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,759 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by tezza on 5/2/2009 at 16:08

Which Southern Island

Posted by Dogarama on 25/9/2008 at 20:05

I am visiting Thailand in late November and have been searching for an ideal island destination for late in the trip, following visits to Bangkok, Cambodia and Laos. We are looking for something very relaxing, not overly touristy, with some beautiful scenery, perhaps a "diamond in the rough." We were looking at Samui/Tao/Phangan and were leaning toward the latter. Is the weather in issue in late November? Should we be considering another area (Krabi or elsewhere)? If weather is suitabl ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,217 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by tezza on 5/2/2009 at 15:58

Koh Phangan, Koh Lant and Krabi

Posted by katematuska on 5/2/2009 at 07:30

Thinking of the ebst way to travel to these places and if this is a good combination? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,178 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by tezza on 5/2/2009 at 15:34

thailand beaches in june

Posted by kimcrossley on 5/2/2009 at 08:42

We're planning to revisit Bangkok, then a southern island, in late June...possibly Phuket since we haven't been back post-tsunami. I've been reading that many of the Phuket beaches are "unswimmable" that time of year. Is there a better island for us to visit where the beach would be nice in June? We did Krabi in June '04 and were very disappointed - water was 'muddy' and waves were unmanageable. We'd like to avoid that this time. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,766 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by tezza on 5/2/2009 at 15:09

Phuket, Koh Samui, Koh Phangan

Posted by LeeF on 3/2/2009 at 09:15

Hey, Im planning a trip to Thailand around July/August time. The main point of the trip is to attend the Full Moon Party in August but we will be travelling around before and after! Im just wondering if anyone has any advice on Phuket, Koh Samui, at this time of year, busy? not too wet? I know its not peak season but will it still be lively? Anyone else travelling to the Full Moon Party in August? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 6,528 times, with 9 replies. Last reply by tezza on 5/2/2009 at 14:58

LHR - BKK - Krabi - time for connecting flight? Advice please!

Posted by katieandryan on 5/2/2009 at 04:38

Hello I'm looking for some advice on getting a same-day connecting flight out of Bangkok.... My partner and I have 2 weeks coming up in Thailand. We're spending our first 5 days on Ko Lanta and are just booking up our internal flights to get to Krabi for the ferry there. We land in Suvarnabhumi at 06.55 in the morning after a connection in Abu Dhabi. We then want to fly to Krabi at 13.50 from Don Muang airport (Option A) Is 6 hours enough time to get our bags and get on the connecti ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,153 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by swag on 5/2/2009 at 10:09

Chiang Mai - Cooking Classes

Posted by chocolatemonkee on 19/1/2009 at 08:36

Hey Everyone, I'm looking for some suggestions on whom to use for cooking classes while in Chiang Mai. Who have you used, what was the cost and what did the course include. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,803 times, with 20 replies. Last reply by kteacher on 5/2/2009 at 08:52

Chiang Rai - trekking with children?

Posted by Solaris on 31/1/2009 at 11:19

We are a family of 4, children aged 8 and 11, who want to go trekking in Chiang Rai. We would much prefer a trek suitable for children (pace and distance) and with the possibility of doing/learning things on the way, eg. building a bamboo hut, catching fish, rafting, cooking with bamboo utensils. Any recommendations will be highly appreciated :-) ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,785 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by Solaris on 5/2/2009 at 06:42

Visa or plane ticket first?

Posted by cubedweller on 3/2/2009 at 23:23

I'll be in Thailand (and possibly the surrounding countries) for about 2 months starting in March. I've yet to buy my plane ticket but was going to do so soon. My dilema is, with only given a 30 day visa on arrival, I will need to apply for a 90-day multiple entry tourist visa (just in case I decide to leave and travel without having to worry about the 15 day pass) before setting off. Should I just go ahead and buy the plane ticket and then head to the Thai Consulate in order to arrange my V ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,005 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by exacto on 5/2/2009 at 02:38

Nana House - Cha am.

Posted by Jon_Mak_Mak on 2/2/2009 at 05:36

Hi again! :) This is another hotel im looking at. I've seen this one listed on here and want to know if the location is good or not for us. We will have a young baby with us so want to stay somewhere right init so we don't always have to travel. It seems to be quite far up one end of the beach. Has anyone stayed here and is trasport from the hotel to the main part of Cha am a problem or not? Ta, Ant. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,673 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by Jon_Mak_Mak on 4/2/2009 at 23:34

Shambara or Refill now

Posted by simonmobiledisco on 3/2/2009 at 23:55

I am arriving in Bangkok for the first time on Friday. What would be the best start for a novice solo traveller. Looking somewhere where I can mingle with people and find some people to go out with and am planning to go to the Muay Thai as well. I am planning on being in BK for 3 days then heading south. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,466 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by simonmobiledisco on 4/2/2009 at 23:06

Kaenchan Hotel - Cha am.

Posted by Jon_Mak_Mak on 2/2/2009 at 05:32

Hello fishers. Has anyone stayed in this hotel? Its right in front of the beach at cham am. I can't find it on the travelfish listings but have found other sites with info. It looks pretty good for the price but I want to see if anyone can personally recommend it or not, or maybe youve seen it and know about the location? Thanks, Ant. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,041 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by Jon_Mak_Mak on 4/2/2009 at 22:12

Bamboo saxophones

Posted by pythagnz on 4/2/2009 at 06:42

Does anybody know if it is possible to buy a bamboo saxophone in Chiang Mai (they have recorder fingering)? And if so, where? Thanks. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,369 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by CunningMcFar on 4/2/2009 at 20:35

Free WIFI hotspots in Bangkok

Posted by eleven on 4/2/2009 at 13:53

I found this site while I was bouncing around in Bangkok with my laptop and its the best list of free wifi I've seen yet. Just thought I would pass it along..§ion=SE+Asia ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,706 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by eleven on 4/2/2009 at 13:57

Visa extenssions in Thailand

Posted by vvish on 1/2/2009 at 13:35

Hi, Is it possible to get an extensionfor the 15-day free Visa issued at a land border crossing? If yes, where can i do it and how much would it cost? Thanks, Vita ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,230 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by ChangFai on 4/2/2009 at 09:25

how do I access government bus timetables in english?

Posted by cjt on 1/2/2009 at 03:55

After researching and reading some threads, I typed in a URL which no longer works. Shortening the link to does work but is all in Thai - anyone know how to get it in english? Thanks. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 8,430 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by swag on 2/2/2009 at 11:35

A Few Questions

Posted by storm17 on 30/1/2009 at 11:28

There are 3 of us heading to Thailand May 1st our plan doesnt land until midnight. Can anyone reccomend a good hotel near the airport or are we better of heading down to koh sahn road right away? Secondly how is the overnight boat from chumphon to koh tao... or are better off staying overnight in chumphon and catching a boat in the morning over to the island? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,321 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by Jon_Mak_Mak on 2/2/2009 at 07:08

kayaking in thailand

Posted by lillejenta on 7/1/2009 at 03:49

Hi, I am planning a trip to Thailand in March. Main point is do do some kayaking there. We will be a group of about 10 people - does anyone know how much it costs, where is the best place to rent, any places worth seeing? Really any tips are appreciated!! Thanks, lillejenta ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,065 times, with 20 replies. Last reply by lillejenta on 30/1/2009 at 20:37

enough money??

Posted by bewillis on 29/1/2009 at 11:36

hey guys! First off I love this site, i'm so happy i stumbled upon it. I have never come across a travel site with as much help and info as this one. So thank you!! now to my question, I'll be leaving to go to Thailand on Feburary 27th for 4-5 weeks, will $1800 cdn. spending money last me that long?? now this is just spending money (transportation, entrance fees, food, clothing, and i do enjoy my singhas, sometimes to much!!)i have separate money put aside for my housing for the month.. thank ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,341 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by travelrock on 30/1/2009 at 08:23

Krabi/Koh Phgan/Phuket and Trang

Posted by katematuska on 28/1/2009 at 07:19

Ok, here is what Im looking at... Koh Samui - maybe hire a motor bike to ride around the island for a little sight of culture. Koh Phangan - Full Moon party, beautifl base where i cna get to even better beaches/day trips. Also heard its not so good anymore? Koh Tao - heard there are beautiful beaces and island tours here? Krabi - donmt know too much, heard its worth going to and a good base? Phuket - loved patong for a little hussle and bussle maybe at the end of my trip insetad ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,155 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by travelrock on 30/1/2009 at 08:17

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page