Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Laos&Thailand islands in one month

Posted by erzo on 22/1/2009 at 02:16

Hi there! I'm writtin you again just before leaving (in monday!). I didn't really made a big itinerary but it is something. All I want is adventure, see new different places and go somewhere peaceful with relaxing round up in Thai's islands... It goes something like this: Bangkok 3 days --> Chiang Mai -->Huay Xay border crossing (Laos) and then to Bokeo w/ 3 day trekking (Gibbon Experience) --> Luang Prabag --> Vientiane --> 4000 islands --> Thailand Islands (7-10 days) --> Bangkok ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,769 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by exacto on 23/1/2009 at 03:31

Visa confusion

Posted by joejowers on 22/1/2009 at 04:07

hi, I am flying to BKK on 3rd March, and Flying out of BKK on 20th May. I was planning on staying in Thailand for 60 days, then visiting cambodia for a few days, then spending the remaining 15 days back in thailand before i fly from BKK. As i cannot get a visa on arrival as i have no proof of flying from thailand within the 30 day limit, presume i need to get a 60 day tourist visa. I have seen it cost £28 per entry so would i need to get 2 entries? or could i use the 60 day one entry to ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,619 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by joejowers on 23/1/2009 at 00:24

Chiang Mai musings

Posted by DannyJ on 1/1/2009 at 04:01

Hello people! Hope everyone is good today, happy new year and all that! So me the g/f will be in Chiang Mai in Jan/Feb next year for about 3 weeks, she wants to do her Thai massage course and i've found a Thai boxing camp i would like to train at. We have been to Chiang Mai before and Stayed on Moon Muang Soi 9 and really liked it, will probably head back that way and maybe take alook along Soi 7 aswell, but we where also thinking about checking out the Soi's off Tha Pae road: Anybody have any ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,321 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by amz155 on 22/1/2009 at 23:40

Thailand Train Ticket & Tour

Posted by wawa83 on 23/12/2008 at 17:54

One of my friend is going to Thailand next month she want to travel to North of Thailand by train I suggest her to book the train ticket and book hotel with Siam One Travel agency which I was satisfied with them services last time.She then contact them they send her the price plus post shipping fee as they will send the ticket to her home so she will has ticket and have nothing to worry if she goes and buy there and have no ticket as it's peak season or better to go and buy when she is there??? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,452 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by asianetwork on 22/1/2009 at 11:00

Malarone in Bangkok?

Posted by chicho83 on 20/1/2009 at 04:18

Can anyone tell me if malarone is available to buy in the pharmacies in Bangkok or another similar Atovaquone/proguanil. i have to buy 3 months worth for me and my missus. To buy it in the uk just isnt worth thinking about.. if its available does anyone know the costs and any place near khoa san to get it from? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 7,183 times, with 9 replies. Last reply by travelrock on 21/1/2009 at 22:16

Xmas accomadation .....again!

Posted by rayad on 21/11/2008 at 14:51

Hi, I am heading to the islands in dec. and will be spending Xmas/New Year there. I have already changed my plans although I'm very flexible with this, I was going to go to Phi Phi but have heard it's very expensive and crowded, not good when on a tight budget! I was thinking of spending xmas/new year in Koh Lanta. Is this a good place to b? I'm after quiet, chilled beaches in the day and a some people around at night to have some beers with (especially being xmas/new year!), however I'm sur ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,448 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by kittenpenelope on 21/1/2009 at 22:02

What the hell has happened????

Posted by Jon_Mak_Mak on 19/1/2009 at 03:43

Ive not been on for a few days. Whats happened to the site? Its very different, actually pretty hard for me to read now :( Will it be staying like this? Ant. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,236 times, with 15 replies. Last reply by Jon_Mak_Mak on 21/1/2009 at 06:38

Thai cooking class experience

Posted by jaat on 15/12/2008 at 09:05

Hi, That sounds great! I haven't done a cooking class but I cook Thai food every week here in England with my wife. We use only THAI ingredients that you would use in Thailand, we get them from the asian supermarket. The fried bannana sounds fun to make! Bet it tastes sweet with honey. :) The green paste curry you speak of is probably Thai Green Curry - One of my fav's (actually made it last night). Another one of my fav's is 'Pad Grapao Moo' (Fried Pork with Thai basil) Gotta love Thai fo ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,375 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by bonbon on 21/1/2009 at 05:48

Thailand for 3 weeks - help!

Posted by jackiek14 on 19/1/2009 at 11:13

hi, i am coming from Calgary to Bangkok in March. I am wondering what 3 islands to go to..I was thinking koh phi phi , koh samui and chaing mai...does anyone know any good beach houses to stay in to? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,413 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by laos_info on 20/1/2009 at 16:48

Trip planning advice needed

Posted by simonmobiledisco on 16/1/2009 at 06:24

I am spending 4-5 weeks in SEA coming from London to my new home in Sydney Australia. I will no doubt arrive in Bankok and am doing the usual over planning. I was looking for sugguestions about which way round to do things to best save time. I'm planning to fly intercountry to save time. I was thinking of a few days in bankok, heading north to a few major towns 7-10 days inc travel, venture into laos for 5 days from Phi on a recommendation. Head down to the south (need help here epecially ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,933 times, with 10 replies. Last reply by simonmobiledisco on 19/1/2009 at 18:25

Booking Longtail in Ao Naang

Posted by talder on 17/1/2009 at 21:37

We'll be in Ao Nang towards the end of February, and would like to hire a longtail boat for snorkeling, either with a group or privately. Do we need to reserve ahead of time? Any recommended operators? What's the going rate? Thanks. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 960 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by travelrock on 19/1/2009 at 09:59

Krabi+Koh Lanta or Koh Samui+Koh Phangan?

Posted by sarabanda on 18/1/2009 at 22:03

Hello all! I am in Vietnam and about to fly back to Thailand to finish off my SE Asia trip on the beach before returning to cold Europe.... I am torn between flying to Krabi and kayaking, then going to chill out in Lanta and doing some snorkelling (don't dive), OR flying to Koh Samui, maybe stay a couple of days then go to Koh Phangan... Any tips from someone who's been to both places? Am I taking a risk by going to the East Coast in January, weather-wise? Please also bear in mi ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,909 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by travelrock on 19/1/2009 at 09:56

Ko Chang Weather

Posted by adam27 on 16/1/2009 at 09:51

Hi I am planning to head to Ko Chang in mid April and was wondering if anyone can tell me what the weather is like around then? I have read its very hot and that the wet season starts in May- But i dont want to head there if the rain actually starts in April. Thanks Adam ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 10,237 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 19/1/2009 at 06:09

Koh Lipe mid feb

Posted by swag on 18/1/2009 at 06:09

oops second try.My wife and i will on lipe mid feb this year and i have a couple of questions.After looking at the suggestions here and on the lipe website after much thought i decided to book a few nights at the varin resort on pattaya beach.how crowded is this beach compared to the others?was originally looking at the mountain resort but was put off by the longtail noise i had heard about. was this as bad as it sounds?budget is about 1500-2000 bht a night so am looking for something with a bit ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,468 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by sarabanda on 18/1/2009 at 21:57

Help me make sense of my island/beach research

Posted by amz155 on 24/12/2008 at 03:16

So I've been reading up on the many opinions of the beaches in Thailand to try to choose a location to spend 7-9 days in March 09. What we are looking for: 1. Budget accomodations ($30US per night or less for a double...no shared rooms!), budget food/drinks 2. Accommodations on/near beach. 3. Beach that's good for swimming/sunbathing (clean water, non-rocky shore) 4. Area that has things to do other than beach stuff (i,e, day trips, hiking, cooking classes, markets, kayaking) W ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,495 times, with 36 replies. Last reply by EmjayReet on 16/1/2009 at 04:44

Sending photocopy of passport

Posted by Heights on 14/1/2009 at 05:37

I am getting Traveller 2000 to book a train for me.Everthing went well but now they are asking me to send a pic of my passport along with my credit card #.Im feeling a bit leary about this. Is this common place? Let me add that I love this site Heights ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,482 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by cybervlad on 15/1/2009 at 17:13

need help with my quick thailand trip

Posted by adam27 on 11/1/2009 at 17:07

Hi I am planning a Thailand trip in April for about 2 weeks. Fly in to Bangkok for a few nights (any recommendations for how many nights and any must see's while there??) Then we want to end up at a southern beach (Ko Samui or somewhere) at the end for around 5 nights. We have 3 or 4 nights in between that I want to fill. Any advice for some recommended options would be appreciated! A ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,489 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by travelrock on 14/1/2009 at 21:44

West Coast Samui

Posted by travelrock on 14/1/2009 at 09:50

Taling Ngam Beach gets a good write up on here. Wodnering if anyone has been there? Have been to Samui before but not the west coast. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,201 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by travelrock on 14/1/2009 at 21:34

Need help planning a 2-week trip to Thailand!

Posted by Apoloplaza on 10/1/2009 at 19:15

Hi, I am just embarking on planning our 10 year anniversary trip to Thailand so I need lots of help. 1. I am looking for recommended itineraries for a 2 week trip. I have heard amazing things reading these chats about Bangkok and Chiang Mai. Also looking for some time at a beautiful beach with other things to do. 2. Is January a good time to go? Let's start with that! Thanks for the help in advance. We are really looking forward to it. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,526 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by Apoloplaza on 13/1/2009 at 16:52

Diving on Ko Mak, Samaui and/or Lanta

Posted by rglempera on 9/1/2009 at 23:50

Hello, Rick from Toronto here. I am heading to Thailand with my wife in about a week, spending a month holiday to celebrate our honeymoon. We are spending most of our time on three islands at the following resorts: Ko Mak - Big Easy (SW side) Ko Samui - Secret Garden (Big Buddha beach) Ko Lanta - Ancient Realm (Northern tip) We plan to do some diving on each of the islands, we were hoping to get some recommendations regarding dive shops and possibly specific sites that are worth visiti ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,981 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by travelrock on 13/1/2009 at 06:56

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page