Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

A Few Questions

Posted by storm17 on 30/1/2009 at 11:28

There are 3 of us heading to Thailand May 1st our plan doesnt land until midnight. Can anyone reccomend a good hotel near the airport or are we better of heading down to koh sahn road right away? Secondly how is the overnight boat from chumphon to koh tao... or are better off staying overnight in chumphon and catching a boat in the morning over to the island? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,331 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by Jon_Mak_Mak on 2/2/2009 at 07:08

kayaking in thailand

Posted by lillejenta on 7/1/2009 at 03:49

Hi, I am planning a trip to Thailand in March. Main point is do do some kayaking there. We will be a group of about 10 people - does anyone know how much it costs, where is the best place to rent, any places worth seeing? Really any tips are appreciated!! Thanks, lillejenta ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,080 times, with 20 replies. Last reply by lillejenta on 30/1/2009 at 20:37

enough money??

Posted by bewillis on 29/1/2009 at 11:36

hey guys! First off I love this site, i'm so happy i stumbled upon it. I have never come across a travel site with as much help and info as this one. So thank you!! now to my question, I'll be leaving to go to Thailand on Feburary 27th for 4-5 weeks, will $1800 cdn. spending money last me that long?? now this is just spending money (transportation, entrance fees, food, clothing, and i do enjoy my singhas, sometimes to much!!)i have separate money put aside for my housing for the month.. thank ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,347 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by travelrock on 30/1/2009 at 08:23

Krabi/Koh Phgan/Phuket and Trang

Posted by katematuska on 28/1/2009 at 07:19

Ok, here is what Im looking at... Koh Samui - maybe hire a motor bike to ride around the island for a little sight of culture. Koh Phangan - Full Moon party, beautifl base where i cna get to even better beaches/day trips. Also heard its not so good anymore? Koh Tao - heard there are beautiful beaces and island tours here? Krabi - donmt know too much, heard its worth going to and a good base? Phuket - loved patong for a little hussle and bussle maybe at the end of my trip insetad ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,166 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by travelrock on 30/1/2009 at 08:17

Bangkok hind sight

Posted by simonmobiledisco on 30/1/2009 at 03:41

If you could go back and give yourself advice for visiting bangkok for the FIRST time, what would it be. Please bear in mind this would be your first time visiting and I am most interested in the what TO do and rather than the NOT to do ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,360 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by travelrock on 30/1/2009 at 08:14

Travelling for 2 months - Recommendations?

Posted by luchy1309 on 30/1/2009 at 04:49

I'm planning to take a trip to Thailand and nearby countries for 2 months or more. Anyone could please give me advice on where to start? - I would like to go to Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos, and if recommended Singapore and Malysia. - To which Island in Thailand? - Where first, then where to? The trip will start in the beginning of June. We're a couple. Thank you! Lucia ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,683 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by travelrock on 30/1/2009 at 08:07

BKK airport

Posted by jacqueline252 on 12/1/2009 at 01:12

Hi, Im flying into BKK international airport from hong kong landing at 23.35 and just wondering how long it will take to go through customs, baggage, immigration etc as am hoping to catch the last airport bus to khao san which leaves at 00.30 is this wishful thinking? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,789 times, with 8 replies. Last reply by Jon_Mak_Mak on 30/1/2009 at 01:07

Bang Saen/Ko Chang/Ko Mak

Posted by kvleiva on 20/1/2009 at 04:06

Hi. We're heading to Thailand for two months w/our three children (all under 5 years old). We'll spend first couple weeks in Eastern Thailand in Bang Saen We'd like to visit some animal-friendly zoos/gardens/etc. -- know of any near Bang Saen/Pattaya? We'll then head to a nice, sandy child-friendly beach. Two years ago, we were in Ko Chang and liked White Sands -- nice, sandy, wide and long beach, lots of restaurants to choose from. But we've heard that in the last couple years, Whit ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,809 times, with 9 replies. Last reply by kvleiva on 29/1/2009 at 14:40

SRT to offer e-tix

Posted by CunningMcFar on 28/1/2009 at 21:19

for those who have wanted an easy way to book train tix online, it appears you may be in luck--from Bangkok Post: www.tinyurl.com/at557c ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,088 times, with no replies.

Tiger Kingdom Chiang Mai

Posted by DannyJ on 22/1/2009 at 11:46

Hey people! So everyone has heard of the Tiger Temple in KanChan, but how about the Tiger Kingdom in Chiang Mai?? JUst arrived in CM and am seeing adverts all over the place,am interested but having heard stories about the KanChan Temple place and how the tigers aren't kept in proper conditions, was wondering if anyone has personally been to the Kingdom and can say how well the tigers there are treated?? Might get an answer 'on the ground' soon but no-one i've spoken to has actually been ther ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,316 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by DannyJ on 28/1/2009 at 14:58

bangkok to aranya prathet to poipet to siem reap

Posted by joaomacau on 16/1/2009 at 23:28

hello guys!please help me with some info for my itinerary:from bangkok to aranyaprathet then cross the border to poipet,cambodia. is there bus going directly to aranyaprathet or is it much convenient for me to go to northern bus terminal, and what's is the last trip for both terminal?any suggestions please i really appreciate it....thanks guys!more power..... ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 6,623 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by joaomacau on 28/1/2009 at 09:32

Bangkok bus station ticket counters open on Thai New Year?

Posted by wessatong on 28/1/2009 at 09:27

I'll be getting into Bangkok on April 15, and I'll need to buy a ticket for April 16 to Chiang Kong, from Mor Chit bus station... I heard that I'll have to buy a ticket a day before, but since April 15 will be the last day of Songkran/Thai New Year, I'm worried that the counters will be shut. Anyone have any idea whether the counters will be operational? Or whether I can actually buy a ticket to Chiang Kong on the day of departure? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,573 times, with no replies.

Help with a trip to Thailand/Cambodia

Posted by mic59 on 27/1/2009 at 18:11

I've been to Thailand twice now and enjoyed myself immensely. Next year(or possibly the year after that) I'm going to Thailand again but thinking of a side trip to Cambodia. At the moment I have very little idea of what I'll do. The only thing I am pretty sure of is that I'd take 6 weeks holiday, enter Thailand on a 30-day visa, travel around Thailand a bit and then go into Cambodia. After a while in Cambodia I'd re-enter Thailand(I should be OK with the 15-day visa on re-entry); see a bit more ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,855 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by exacto on 28/1/2009 at 07:54

Recommended 3 week itinerary for visiting islands?

Posted by eculligan on 27/1/2009 at 19:46

Hi im travelling for 3 weeks in eastern/southern islands in thailand during may and june and was wondering what would be the best islands to visit during those 3 weeks? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,555 times, with no replies.

green kiwis

Posted by dgobb on 8/1/2009 at 04:05

Kia ora, my sweetheart and me getting wed then coming to thailand 26 jan until 21 feb 09. 1st time travellers, me 50 yrs old, are on budget. want to avoid extreme tourism. thought we would go chang-mai by train then head to pai or nan. seems chang-mai not great, can we get to other areas without going to chang-mai? also like some tips on where else, don't want to spend too much time travelling.not too fussed on south. treks and scooters appeal. have 2 nights booked in bangkok, intend to see surr ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,551 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by paulspad2002 on 27/1/2009 at 09:33

Thailand, south east asia guidebook! .. pls help

Posted by ravenger99 on 12/1/2009 at 07:07

Hi everyone, Sorry if this has been answered before but i'm going backpacking next month and not sure which guidebook to get. will the one eith multiple countries be sufficent such as lonely planet South East Asia on a shoestring. Really would like a little bit of help/advice from you experts. Thanks in advance ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,586 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by travelrock on 27/1/2009 at 07:28

need a rev up

Posted by dgobb on 11/1/2009 at 06:45

are there any pills etc I can take in thailand to increase my energy without getting arrested? me not that young anymore and fatique is a problem. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,518 times, with 14 replies. Last reply by Jon_Mak_Mak on 27/1/2009 at 06:53

Thailand islands from Bangkok in 4 days

Posted by jonny162 on 23/1/2009 at 17:23

Hello! I'm looking for suggestions for 4 days beaching in Thailand. I'm going to be leaving Bangkok on Sunday returning on the following Thursday for an international flight at lunch. Thanks in advance for any advice!!! Cheers, Jonny ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,837 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by travelrock on 27/1/2009 at 06:18

Chiang Mai - Mae Sa Waterfall

Posted by chocolatemonkee on 19/1/2009 at 09:57

Is it relatively easy to get from Chiang Mai to Mae Sa on a step-thru automatic scooter? If so, what would the directions be? Thanks in advance ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,008 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by chocolatemonkee on 26/1/2009 at 09:28

Female tailor in Bangkok

Posted by swag on 26/1/2009 at 09:23

Hi all my wife and i will be in and out of bangkok over the month of feb.i have had good success with a tailor to suit myself but my wife wasn't happy with the piece she had made from the same tailor i had clothes made. are there any suggestions for a tailor that might suit a lady who is about a 16 as evidently the line of the bust is the problem. regards ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,839 times, with no replies.

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page