Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

need help with my quick thailand trip

Posted by adam27 on 11/1/2009 at 17:07

Hi I am planning a Thailand trip in April for about 2 weeks. Fly in to Bangkok for a few nights (any recommendations for how many nights and any must see's while there??) Then we want to end up at a southern beach (Ko Samui or somewhere) at the end for around 5 nights. We have 3 or 4 nights in between that I want to fill. Any advice for some recommended options would be appreciated! A ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,514 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by travelrock on 14/1/2009 at 21:44

West Coast Samui

Posted by travelrock on 14/1/2009 at 09:50

Taling Ngam Beach gets a good write up on here. Wodnering if anyone has been there? Have been to Samui before but not the west coast. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,224 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by travelrock on 14/1/2009 at 21:34

Need help planning a 2-week trip to Thailand!

Posted by Apoloplaza on 10/1/2009 at 19:15

Hi, I am just embarking on planning our 10 year anniversary trip to Thailand so I need lots of help. 1. I am looking for recommended itineraries for a 2 week trip. I have heard amazing things reading these chats about Bangkok and Chiang Mai. Also looking for some time at a beautiful beach with other things to do. 2. Is January a good time to go? Let's start with that! Thanks for the help in advance. We are really looking forward to it. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,554 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by Apoloplaza on 13/1/2009 at 16:52

Diving on Ko Mak, Samaui and/or Lanta

Posted by rglempera on 9/1/2009 at 23:50

Hello, Rick from Toronto here. I am heading to Thailand with my wife in about a week, spending a month holiday to celebrate our honeymoon. We are spending most of our time on three islands at the following resorts: Ko Mak - Big Easy (SW side) Ko Samui - Secret Garden (Big Buddha beach) Ko Lanta - Ancient Realm (Northern tip) We plan to do some diving on each of the islands, we were hoping to get some recommendations regarding dive shops and possibly specific sites that are worth visiti ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,019 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by travelrock on 13/1/2009 at 06:56

Hotels Near Suvarnabhumi

Posted by mhoughton on 12/1/2009 at 10:08

Hi We are looking to stay near the airport (new) to avoid the Bangkok bussle as we arrive late and intend to fly to Chiang Mai soon after. Can anyone recommend a good hotel that is within walking distance of good food (markets or whatever)and also provides a left luggage service so we can travel around Thailand and Vietnam without it. Thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,595 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by mhoughton on 13/1/2009 at 04:19

Accomodation in Mo Chit Bus Station area in Bangkok?

Posted by leser on 6/1/2009 at 04:01

I'll be arriving in BKK at night on 09/02/2009 and the following morning (VERY early moring) I'm planning to travel by coach from Mo Chit to Cambodian border. This is why I want to stay close to the station in some cheap (up to 500B) guesthouse. Any suggestions guys? Thank you! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 8,329 times, with 8 replies. Last reply by exacto on 13/1/2009 at 01:06

Island tour from Koh Lanta

Posted by amz155 on 7/1/2009 at 04:09

Anyone have any recommendations for arranging a whole day "island tour" while staying on Lanta? Something that involves, snorkelling, swimming, caving and vists to places like Ko Ngai, Ko Mook (plus Emerald Cave) Ko Ma etc. Have seen the link for Lanta Longtail from tezza's page. Anyone gone with that company? Any other companies to consider? HOw much do these tours usually cost? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,735 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by EmjayReet on 12/1/2009 at 09:26

PB Air to Danang

Posted by daawgon on 12/1/2009 at 01:31

PB Air has canceled their BKK-DAD flights, and I'm awaiting an answer to my emails (v---e---r---y s---l---o---w)! Does anyone have experience with PB Air and their refund policy/speed? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,308 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 12/1/2009 at 08:03

A little beach life from Bangkok

Posted by ajb_tic_tac on 11/1/2009 at 18:54

As a couple we are travelling to Bangkok on the 1st Feb to start travelling. Before heading upto the North we would like to go from Bangkok for some beach time. As we will be heading upto Chiang Mai I am thinking the islands East of Bangkok. I am looking at Ko Samet or around Ko Chang. Has anybody got any opinions on which island would be best for chilling and swimming? Thank you, Andy ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,371 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 12/1/2009 at 07:52

Anyone been to Khao Sok national park?

Posted by bethbackpacks on 5/1/2009 at 21:13

Hello all, I'm thinking of heading there after Koh Tao and I was just wondering where would be best to stay and the best route for getting there?? Any tips and advice much appreciated! Apparently Surat Thani isn't worth staying in so any other idea's?? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,760 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by EmjayReet on 11/1/2009 at 17:38

Bungalows on the beach

Posted by rglempera on 19/12/2008 at 23:59

Hello, Rick from Toronto here. I was recently married, my wife and I are heading to Thailand for a month-long honeymoon, from mid-January to mid-February. Our first order of business upon arriving is to find a bungalow/villa on a beautiful beach on a laid-back island to just RELAX for a week. I have looked on, perhap literally, hundreds of web sites looking for a place. I've found several that look nice, but it's always hard to tell from the limited pics/descriptions online. Does an ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,355 times, with 13 replies. Last reply by EmjayReet on 11/1/2009 at 16:42

Trip Advice?

Posted by Beastmaster1 on 10/1/2009 at 10:01

I'm going to be staying in thailand for the free 30 day visa and then travel to cambodia and laos. In each for about 2 weeks. Then I'll be reentering thailand for another 20 or so odd days. I've been trying to figure all the visas and such that i need but im not 100% positive on what i'll need to do. Any advice woul be greatly appreciated. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,230 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by sirhalberd on 11/1/2009 at 10:24

What island?

Posted by paulshuttle on 29/12/2008 at 21:39

Im looking for an island, not budget mid range, as end of our hectic trip to chill for a few days!! Just me and the lady! Want quiet beaches some cool sites, good snorkeling, not massively party mad!! Any suggestions? IM goin in august so it has to be on the east to avoid some rain!!! Any help would be lovely!! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,486 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by SBE on 10/1/2009 at 19:38

Is Phi-Phi worth it?

Posted by attakwas on 6/1/2009 at 15:02

Hi. Am flying into Phuket early Feb and was planning on spending a couple of days on Phi Phi at Ao Toh Ko, hopefully, to chill and relax before carrying on. Can't help wondering tho if this is such a good idea due to certain reports filtering back regarding Phi Phi. Are my worries ill-concieved, or are there any better alternatives within easy travelling distance from Phuket airport? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,759 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by attakwas on 9/1/2009 at 15:47

Chiang Mai to Siem Reap Flights

Posted by mattzago on 5/1/2009 at 01:12

Hello, I'm trying to look for a flight from Chiang Mai to Siem Reap via Bangkok Airlines around January 31st. Their websites doesn't list any flights beyond January 8th going directly from Chiang Mai to Siem Reap. I e-mailed Bangkok Airlines, but didn't get a response. Does anyone know if they are going to stop service on this route, or do they just typically not have more than one week of flight schedules available for this particular flight. Or better yet if anyone has other travel recommen ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,926 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 9/1/2009 at 11:36

3 weeks in Thailand.. we stuck in planning.. HELP! ;)

Posted by Karma on 30/12/2008 at 19:28

Hi there, we are going to Thailand in 17 days and got stuck in our planning - we just can't find a place to stay for the last days.. our planning so far: 3 days - Bangkok 5 days - Pattaya (just want to see it and decide ourself what we think of it ;)) 3 days - Bangkok for Chinese New Year 10 days - ???????? this is the problem We were at Koh Chang this may and liked it a lot but we wanna see something else in Thailand and explore the south. We were already looking for... Cha Am/H ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,184 times, with 12 replies. Last reply by khunwilko on 9/1/2009 at 09:38

Is Thailand a bargain now?

Posted by squong on 3/1/2009 at 17:14

There are some news reports saying that Thailand is a deal now due to the political turmoil. Is this true, and if so, is it only affecting high end resorts? What about remote areas or less expensive hotels (hostels and slightly better). http://www.reuters.com/article/GCA-CreditCrisis/idUSTRE4BO01H20081225 Khob-kun ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,186 times, with 26 replies. Last reply by khunwilko on 9/1/2009 at 08:30

weather in July ko lanta?

Posted by alisonmilliken on 12/4/2007 at 15:27

Hi, We are going to Southern Thailand in July 2008 to get married. I am leaning heavily towards Ko Lanta, so just want to check general weather conditions. I have been to Southern Thailand in Juky before - in July 2005 we spent 2 weeks in Trang. The wester then was great - it only rained once - for only an hour in the evening. So is it similar in KO Lanta? I don't mind rain, really, and I actually like storms too... ALISON ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 29,995 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by travelrock on 8/1/2009 at 22:48

Thailand Visa Advice

Posted by joshlay on 2/1/2009 at 17:42

Hi, I was wondering if I could get some advice on Thailand Visa's as I have managed to get my self in a panic! I'm going to Thailand for a few weeks, then heading to Laos, Vietnam, Cambodia, and back to Thailand. In total we'll be there for two months. I was jsut planning on getting a thai visa on arrival, but I have since read that you have to have proof that you have onward travel within 30 days. Is this true? or will I be fine? Thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,725 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by travelrock on 8/1/2009 at 10:18

Thailand Visas and Itineraries

Posted by carpeybiggs on 30/12/2008 at 10:10

First off, many thanks to the many people contributing to this site. I just stumbled upon it, and am pleasantly surprised by the information. I have stumbled into a very nice opportunity to go to Southeast Asia for approximately 10 weeks. I am flying into Bangkok on Jan. 10, but I haven't the time to flesh out my itinerary precisely. My biggest concern is the new Thai visa changes. We would like to see Thailand, Laos, and Cambodia, and possibly Vietnam, if it isn't too much trouble. Wh ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,027 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by travelrock on 8/1/2009 at 10:15

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page