Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Booking Longtail in Ao Naang

Posted by talder on 17/1/2009 at 21:37

We'll be in Ao Nang towards the end of February, and would like to hire a longtail boat for snorkeling, either with a group or privately. Do we need to reserve ahead of time? Any recommended operators? What's the going rate? Thanks. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,034 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by travelrock on 19/1/2009 at 09:59

Book your Thailand travel tickets online
  Buy train, bus and ferry tickets online.

Krabi+Koh Lanta or Koh Samui+Koh Phangan?

Posted by sarabanda on 18/1/2009 at 22:03

Hello all! I am in Vietnam and about to fly back to Thailand to finish off my SE Asia trip on the beach before returning to cold Europe.... I am torn between flying to Krabi and kayaking, then going to chill out in Lanta and doing some snorkelling (don't dive), OR flying to Koh Samui, maybe stay a couple of days then go to Koh Phangan... Any tips from someone who's been to both places? Am I taking a risk by going to the East Coast in January, weather-wise? Please also bear in mi ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,985 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by travelrock on 19/1/2009 at 09:56

Ko Chang Weather

Posted by adam27 on 16/1/2009 at 09:51

Hi I am planning to head to Ko Chang in mid April and was wondering if anyone can tell me what the weather is like around then? I have read its very hot and that the wet season starts in May- But i dont want to head there if the rain actually starts in April. Thanks Adam ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 10,305 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 19/1/2009 at 06:09

Koh Lipe mid feb

Posted by swag on 18/1/2009 at 06:09

oops second try.My wife and i will on lipe mid feb this year and i have a couple of questions.After looking at the suggestions here and on the lipe website after much thought i decided to book a few nights at the varin resort on pattaya beach.how crowded is this beach compared to the others?was originally looking at the mountain resort but was put off by the longtail noise i had heard about. was this as bad as it sounds?budget is about 1500-2000 bht a night so am looking for something with a bit ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,526 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by sarabanda on 18/1/2009 at 21:57

Help me make sense of my island/beach research

Posted by amz155 on 24/12/2008 at 03:16

So I've been reading up on the many opinions of the beaches in Thailand to try to choose a location to spend 7-9 days in March 09. What we are looking for: 1. Budget accomodations ($30US per night or less for a double...no shared rooms!), budget food/drinks 2. Accommodations on/near beach. 3. Beach that's good for swimming/sunbathing (clean water, non-rocky shore) 4. Area that has things to do other than beach stuff (i,e, day trips, hiking, cooking classes, markets, kayaking) W ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,593 times, with 36 replies. Last reply by EmjayReet on 16/1/2009 at 04:44

Sending photocopy of passport

Posted by Heights on 14/1/2009 at 05:37

I am getting Traveller 2000 to book a train for me.Everthing went well but now they are asking me to send a pic of my passport along with my credit card #.Im feeling a bit leary about this. Is this common place? Let me add that I love this site Heights ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,541 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by cybervlad on 15/1/2009 at 17:13

need help with my quick thailand trip

Posted by adam27 on 11/1/2009 at 17:07

Hi I am planning a Thailand trip in April for about 2 weeks. Fly in to Bangkok for a few nights (any recommendations for how many nights and any must see's while there??) Then we want to end up at a southern beach (Ko Samui or somewhere) at the end for around 5 nights. We have 3 or 4 nights in between that I want to fill. Any advice for some recommended options would be appreciated! A ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,623 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by travelrock on 14/1/2009 at 21:44

West Coast Samui

Posted by travelrock on 14/1/2009 at 09:50

Taling Ngam Beach gets a good write up on here. Wodnering if anyone has been there? Have been to Samui before but not the west coast. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,263 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by travelrock on 14/1/2009 at 21:34

Need help planning a 2-week trip to Thailand!

Posted by Apoloplaza on 10/1/2009 at 19:15

Hi, I am just embarking on planning our 10 year anniversary trip to Thailand so I need lots of help. 1. I am looking for recommended itineraries for a 2 week trip. I have heard amazing things reading these chats about Bangkok and Chiang Mai. Also looking for some time at a beautiful beach with other things to do. 2. Is January a good time to go? Let's start with that! Thanks for the help in advance. We are really looking forward to it. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,592 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by Apoloplaza on 13/1/2009 at 16:52

Diving on Ko Mak, Samaui and/or Lanta

Posted by rglempera on 9/1/2009 at 23:50

Hello, Rick from Toronto here. I am heading to Thailand with my wife in about a week, spending a month holiday to celebrate our honeymoon. We are spending most of our time on three islands at the following resorts: Ko Mak - Big Easy (SW side) Ko Samui - Secret Garden (Big Buddha beach) Ko Lanta - Ancient Realm (Northern tip) We plan to do some diving on each of the islands, we were hoping to get some recommendations regarding dive shops and possibly specific sites that are worth visiti ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,063 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by travelrock on 13/1/2009 at 06:56

Hotels Near Suvarnabhumi

Posted by mhoughton on 12/1/2009 at 10:08

Hi We are looking to stay near the airport (new) to avoid the Bangkok bussle as we arrive late and intend to fly to Chiang Mai soon after. Can anyone recommend a good hotel that is within walking distance of good food (markets or whatever)and also provides a left luggage service so we can travel around Thailand and Vietnam without it. Thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,636 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by mhoughton on 13/1/2009 at 04:19

Accomodation in Mo Chit Bus Station area in Bangkok?

Posted by leser on 6/1/2009 at 04:01

I'll be arriving in BKK at night on 09/02/2009 and the following morning (VERY early moring) I'm planning to travel by coach from Mo Chit to Cambodian border. This is why I want to stay close to the station in some cheap (up to 500B) guesthouse. Any suggestions guys? Thank you! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 8,462 times, with 8 replies. Last reply by exacto on 13/1/2009 at 01:06

Island tour from Koh Lanta

Posted by amz155 on 7/1/2009 at 04:09

Anyone have any recommendations for arranging a whole day "island tour" while staying on Lanta? Something that involves, snorkelling, swimming, caving and vists to places like Ko Ngai, Ko Mook (plus Emerald Cave) Ko Ma etc. Have seen the link for Lanta Longtail from tezza's page. Anyone gone with that company? Any other companies to consider? HOw much do these tours usually cost? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,773 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by EmjayReet on 12/1/2009 at 09:26

PB Air to Danang

Posted by daawgon on 12/1/2009 at 01:31

PB Air has canceled their BKK-DAD flights, and I'm awaiting an answer to my emails (v---e---r---y s---l---o---w)! Does anyone have experience with PB Air and their refund policy/speed? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,350 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 12/1/2009 at 08:03

A little beach life from Bangkok

Posted by ajb_tic_tac on 11/1/2009 at 18:54

As a couple we are travelling to Bangkok on the 1st Feb to start travelling. Before heading upto the North we would like to go from Bangkok for some beach time. As we will be heading upto Chiang Mai I am thinking the islands East of Bangkok. I am looking at Ko Samet or around Ko Chang. Has anybody got any opinions on which island would be best for chilling and swimming? Thank you, Andy ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,418 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 12/1/2009 at 07:52

Anyone been to Khao Sok national park?

Posted by bethbackpacks on 5/1/2009 at 21:13

Hello all, I'm thinking of heading there after Koh Tao and I was just wondering where would be best to stay and the best route for getting there?? Any tips and advice much appreciated! Apparently Surat Thani isn't worth staying in so any other idea's?? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,799 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by EmjayReet on 11/1/2009 at 17:38

Bungalows on the beach

Posted by rglempera on 19/12/2008 at 23:59

Hello, Rick from Toronto here. I was recently married, my wife and I are heading to Thailand for a month-long honeymoon, from mid-January to mid-February. Our first order of business upon arriving is to find a bungalow/villa on a beautiful beach on a laid-back island to just RELAX for a week. I have looked on, perhap literally, hundreds of web sites looking for a place. I've found several that look nice, but it's always hard to tell from the limited pics/descriptions online. Does an ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,405 times, with 13 replies. Last reply by EmjayReet on 11/1/2009 at 16:42

Trip Advice?

Posted by Beastmaster1 on 10/1/2009 at 10:01

I'm going to be staying in thailand for the free 30 day visa and then travel to cambodia and laos. In each for about 2 weeks. Then I'll be reentering thailand for another 20 or so odd days. I've been trying to figure all the visas and such that i need but im not 100% positive on what i'll need to do. Any advice woul be greatly appreciated. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,269 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by sirhalberd on 11/1/2009 at 10:24

What island?

Posted by paulshuttle on 29/12/2008 at 21:39

Im looking for an island, not budget mid range, as end of our hectic trip to chill for a few days!! Just me and the lady! Want quiet beaches some cool sites, good snorkeling, not massively party mad!! Any suggestions? IM goin in august so it has to be on the east to avoid some rain!!! Any help would be lovely!! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,524 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by SBE on 10/1/2009 at 19:38

Is Phi-Phi worth it?

Posted by attakwas on 6/1/2009 at 15:02

Hi. Am flying into Phuket early Feb and was planning on spending a couple of days on Phi Phi at Ao Toh Ko, hopefully, to chill and relax before carrying on. Can't help wondering tho if this is such a good idea due to certain reports filtering back regarding Phi Phi. Are my worries ill-concieved, or are there any better alternatives within easy travelling distance from Phuket airport? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,810 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by attakwas on 9/1/2009 at 15:47

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page