Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Chiang Rai to Chiang Khong accom

Posted by crazyhorse on 16/11/2008 at 06:22

Hi am arriving Chiang Khong late november, any thoughts on accom There, And transport from Chiang Rai ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,210 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by wanderingcat on 16/11/2008 at 10:53

Ferry Travel from Phuket to Langkawi

Posted by notsotouchy on 15/11/2008 at 14:53

To anyone who knows , is it possible to travel directly by ferry from Phuket to Langkawi ? If not then what options are available. Cheers NST ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,507 times, with no replies.

anyone entered thailand witout an exit flight already booked?

Posted by peppermintpaddy on 13/11/2008 at 00:51

hi there,has anyone entered thailand without an exit flight booked?Every time i have visited thailand i have had to show proof of exit flight,and because i have had one,they allow me a visa to enter.What happens if you enter without that exit flight booked?Has anyone experience of this? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,709 times, with 10 replies. Last reply by khunwilko on 15/11/2008 at 07:38

Chiang Mai restaurant

Posted by mattocmd on 13/11/2008 at 11:58

Hello, A little over a year ago I was in Chiang Mai. An expat took me to this restaurant and I must return. Let me describe this... It is a huge restaurant, buffet/bbq style. You take what you want (fresh meat and seafood) and bbq it at your table. The juice from everything leaks into a device that makes soup. Someone must know this place. It was HUGE and extremely popular. I remember it only being 4-5$ a person. My memory is blurry but I remember it being near some kind of cir ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,743 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by mattocmd on 14/11/2008 at 10:51

FMP places to stay

Posted by psolomon on 14/11/2008 at 07:03

Any suggestions? Not looking for the cheapest of the cheap, something mid backpacker style. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,249 times, with no replies.

Thai Islands

Posted by candy5 on 14/11/2008 at 07:01

Hi, Just wondering if anyone has any comments for us. We have listed the following Islands that appeal to us..we like to swim, snorkel & dive and just relaxing in the sun, also young and like a good time.. so wondering if we have chosen correctly as a rough guide for our time on the islands? Thinking of allowing 3-4 weeks..are we better just picking a few and sticking to them..Krabi, Ko Phi Phi, Phuket, Ko Samui, Ko Pha Ngan, Kao Tao. Thanks Candy ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,090 times, with no replies.

Thailand Christmas and NYE

Posted by psolomon on 14/11/2008 at 06:20

Hi, I arrive in Bangkok on 17th Dec and wondered if anybody has any suggestions for Christmas and NYE. The full moon party may be a last resort as I think there would be so many more things to do. Chang Mai or up North ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,092 times, with no replies.

Help needed - itinerary planning headache!

Posted by alexlazarus on 10/11/2008 at 16:33

Hi All, This is hte last post o our upcoming trip to Thailand. After looking at lots of different ideas i think we have settled on something of a plan: 26th /27th December - Bangkok 28th to 1st Jan - up to and around Kanchanaburi 1st - travel down to Pattaya ? ? ? 7th to 11th - Ko Kood We would really like to 'do' the beach from pattaya onwards, but dont know where to go! I have found a great littel place on Ko Chang, but that only has availability for the 5th and 6th. What would pe ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,651 times, with 13 replies. Last reply by ChangFai on 13/11/2008 at 11:10

Refugee camps on Thai/Burma border

Posted by travelpj on 2/11/2008 at 11:09

Hi, If anyone has any contacts of people working in the refugee camps I would be greatful in hearing from you. I am a photographer hoping to do a story on the issue. Thanks. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,222 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by misskika007 on 13/11/2008 at 01:58

Kp Phi Phi - Ao Toh Ko reservations

Posted by Romily on 4/11/2008 at 19:04

I just tried to call them and make a reservation for christmas, but got told that they will have internet booking from 15th of November onwards and I will have to book then. I just wondered if anybody else hard about it, especially the travelfish folks - will you have a link on your site to the booking? Because what I couldn't find out on the phone is how to book, eg which webpage:-) ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,001 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by Romily on 12/11/2008 at 23:36

Bangkok Markets and Guest Houses

Posted by rsthomas on 30/9/2008 at 20:24

Greetings everyone! I was curious if any of you had any suggestions on the best markets to hit up in Bangkok. I know there is some weekend market? Where is it and what is it called? Also, any neighborhoods or areas with good CHEAP market shopping would be good to know as well. And if you have any recommendations on good/cheap places to stay near Khao San or Ratumburri, that would be great. Thanks so much for you help! Cheers;) ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,947 times, with 8 replies. Last reply by alisonmilliken on 12/11/2008 at 16:29

Umpang. Tak Thailand.

Posted by sysunwah on 12/11/2008 at 16:19

Anyone thinking of going to Umpang and needs advice you may email me as I live there most of the year, Stan Randall . British retired ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,143 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by sysunwah on 12/11/2008 at 16:21

First time planning trip to Thailand

Posted by sr78 on 10/11/2008 at 05:04

Hello Fellow Travelfisher's, I have decided to plan a trip to Thailand with a buddy of mine sometime with in the first half of 2009. I would like to go on a off season and plan a trip as cheap as possible but still have a great time. Bangkok would be our main destination spot then travel to others cities like Phuket, Pattaya, Chaing Mai etc. We would be in Thailand for about 25 to 30 days. Any information on were to stay, places to eat, places to see, tours and activities would be great ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,412 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by alisonmilliken on 12/11/2008 at 15:39

Teaching in thailand

Posted by beemeers on 1/10/2008 at 00:50

Hello everyone, just wondering if anyone has ever done teaching in thailand, as in the TEFL, teaching english. I was just in thailand in april-june.. and of course fell in love.. now would like to go back to asia for awhile, but also be able to work a bit so the funds don't go to fast. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,291 times, with 9 replies. Last reply by alisonmilliken on 12/11/2008 at 15:22

Surin Elephant Festival Advice Needed

Posted by oreganoman on 12/11/2008 at 11:10

Hi. Planning to go to the elephant festival in Surin this year (November 21-23). Have heard that hotels charge double and triple their usual rates during this time. Anyone know of any affordable places to stay either in Surin or close by? I don't mind staying a bit outside the city and would in fact prefer that. Thanks. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,184 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by Bradda88 on 12/11/2008 at 12:16

From Koh Phi Phi To Koh Lanta

Posted by curly on 11/11/2008 at 10:42

Hello Guys, Pls advise if you can. I'm on a 2 week holiday in Phuket. Will be traveling to Koh Phi Phi first, then to Koh Lanta for a week. Is this a good route? I'll be staying at Ao To Koh in Koh phi phi, but can't seem to look for a good recommendation to stay in Koh Lanta. Pls advise! I love to snorkel.. a resort/hut near a good snorkelling spot would be ideal. Pls help! Thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,475 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by curly on 12/11/2008 at 08:58

To reserve... or not to reserve?

Posted by nickdawes on 11/11/2008 at 06:37

Hi :) I was hoping for some up to date advice from those who know better. I land in Bangkok on the 30th of December for the start of (visa extension pending) a 3 month stay in Thailand. I have visited a few times before and I know what an ordeal it can be to find accommodation in the more popular tourist areas during peak period. I'm pretty sure December 30th falls into that catergory, which brings me to my point. I want to stay in or around the Khao San area. I'd love to start my adventur ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,193 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 12/11/2008 at 05:39

Need a quiet place to stay

Posted by OlgaGa on 8/9/2008 at 17:17

Hi, please advise a peaceful place to stay on Krabi. Firsttime in Thai. fly in on 23 of Oct. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 6,649 times, with 25 replies. Last reply by OlgaGa on 9/11/2008 at 00:16

Phuket to Ko Phra Thong

Posted by owsleybeck on 5/11/2008 at 06:39

I was hoping someone could help me. My girl and I are flying into Phuket on Nov. 17th or so as we are planning on staying at Pavilions Resort starting on the 20th. but we would like to get off Phuket and see what else is around. My girl found Ko Phra Thong and the Golden Buddha Resort. This place looks really freindly and beautiful. But they charge about 250 USD to get you to their resort from Phuket...which is a little pricy for the distance involved. Does any one know where i can get some info ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,616 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by tezza on 8/11/2008 at 16:07

Beaches and Islands in December

Posted by KittieKat on 7/11/2008 at 20:18

We are heading to Thailand in a couple of weeks for our first visit. We have the first part of our three week stint sorted. We're heading to Bangkok for a few days and then off to Chiang Mai. After that I am at a bit of a loss. . . I have had a look at the weather info on this site (and others) and was wondering if anyone with direct experience could advise as I appear to be going in circles. . . Ideally we'd like somewhere that is sunny with minimal rain (there's a surprise) with nice beaches, ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,235 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by tezza on 8/11/2008 at 15:56

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page