Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Tentative Itinerary

Posted by terryMac on 21/11/2008 at 02:02

My wife and I, mid 50’s, will be travelling to Thailand for 8 weeks from Jan 14 to March 13. We have come up with a tentative itinerary and wish to get your input. Here goes. Arrive BKK on Jan 14 and looking at staying in Siam Square area due to transportation benefits. Thinking about Wendy House or White Lodge. Stay 4 days then bus/train to Kanchanaburi, bus to Ayutthaya →Sukhothai → Chiang Mai (here to trek for a few days), then either bus/rent car/car and driver to go to Ph ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,817 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 21/11/2008 at 06:21

mosquito nets!

Posted by TECOYLL on 20/11/2008 at 23:15

I will be backpacking the islands on budget class. Will I find accomodation with bed nets or can you buy them in Bangkok? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,726 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 21/11/2008 at 06:09

Thanks Travelfish

Posted by huggomartini on 19/11/2008 at 16:44

Next week I'll start my first Asia trip. It will be 35 days between Thailand, Malaysia and Singapore, I wanna THANK Travelfish for all answers that I asked and the others that I didn't. By the way I have a travel blog in portuguese language with many places there with photos. Here's the link http://www.viagenslacoste.blogspot.com/ ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,257 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by huggomartini on 20/11/2008 at 23:44

Boat from Trat to Bang Bao on Koh Chang

Posted by krisim on 16/11/2008 at 17:47

Hi, Does someone know if there is a boat from Trat direct to Bang Bao Beach on Koh Chang? Otherwise which is the easiest way to get there? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,947 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by krisim on 20/11/2008 at 14:40

Exchangemoment? Rate

Posted by alexlazarus on 19/11/2008 at 16:33

Hi All, I've read somewhere on this site that its better to take £ to Thailand and exchange for baht in country. Would you agree with this? The interntaional rate is quite porr at the moment, and i am trying to squeeze the cash out as far as it will go! What baht woul di get for the £ out there at the ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,196 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by exacto on 20/11/2008 at 11:37

NYE in Bangkok

Posted by zajets on 20/11/2008 at 03:46

Any good ideas for New Years Eve in Bangkok? Besides the parties in the big hotels? Thanks travelfish for all your excellent info! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,275 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 20/11/2008 at 07:21

Kata

Posted by jamesthailand on 16/11/2008 at 15:52

Definitely the best spot in Phuket. It's got a few bars but is not as hectic as Patong. Go to Kata Noi Beach, which is south of Kata beach itself but much less busier. Check out Kata Night Bazaar, it has a bar with a swimming pool which is fun. If youre looking for a cheap decent place to stay go to Kata High Viewpoint Guest House. It doesn't actually have a view but you get a room with cable tv and loads of english channels and a fridge for 500 baht a night. Take a left just after the ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,423 times, with no replies.

Nice guesthouses in Chiang Mai?

Posted by myrhmaid on 26/2/2008 at 11:20

Hello there! I've been studying in Chiang Mai for a bit, and my mum's coming over for a visit. The guesthouse's I've been staying in are quite basic and I was looking for a nice one for her visit, clean, inexpensive, friendly staff, in an interesting area with good places to eat. I've heard good things about the Kavil, but any suggestions would be great. Thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 7,428 times, with 26 replies. Last reply by whatshername on 19/11/2008 at 20:54

Vientiene to Koh Pan Yang

Posted by DannyJ on 16/11/2008 at 02:27

Hey everybody! So... has anyone travelled from Vientiene straight through (without stopping) to Koh Pan Yang? For various reasons it looks like me and my girlfriend will have to do this. I'm pretty sure it will be easy enough to arrange in Vientiene and should be an easy enough journey, abliet a long one! Just wondering if anyone has any personal recommendations regarding the trip, i.e. bus over train to BKK or vice-versa, good travel agents in Vienetiene, etc? Thanks in advance for any h ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,945 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by Rufus on 18/11/2008 at 11:05

Koh Samet from Cambodia

Posted by danowen on 17/11/2008 at 11:15

Hi, Can anyone offer some advice for where on the Gulf of Thailand, maybe Samet, we could catch a 4-5 days beach break on our way back from Cambodia to Bangkok? Can we get a bus from Aranya Prathet directly there or must we go via Bangkok? Kind of beach we want is sandy, maybe some diving, snokling etc and not too expensive? Thanks in advance! Dan ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,268 times, with no replies.

cooking classes

Posted by Yun on 8/11/2008 at 19:57

i'm very interested in learning south-east asian cooking, and am planning on going to thailand and vietnam so can do that in either. i've seen all the companies listed from chiang mai. has anyone got first hand experience with any of these? are there any in bangkok? are there good schools in vietnam also? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,387 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 17/11/2008 at 08:35

Chat House Chiang Rai

Posted by crazyhorse on 16/11/2008 at 14:17

Hi , has anybody stayed at Chat house in Chiang Rai lately. thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,003 times, with no replies.

Chiang Rai to Chiang Khong accom

Posted by crazyhorse on 16/11/2008 at 06:22

Hi am arriving Chiang Khong late november, any thoughts on accom There, And transport from Chiang Rai ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,221 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by wanderingcat on 16/11/2008 at 10:53

Ferry Travel from Phuket to Langkawi

Posted by notsotouchy on 15/11/2008 at 14:53

To anyone who knows , is it possible to travel directly by ferry from Phuket to Langkawi ? If not then what options are available. Cheers NST ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,516 times, with no replies.

anyone entered thailand witout an exit flight already booked?

Posted by peppermintpaddy on 13/11/2008 at 00:51

hi there,has anyone entered thailand without an exit flight booked?Every time i have visited thailand i have had to show proof of exit flight,and because i have had one,they allow me a visa to enter.What happens if you enter without that exit flight booked?Has anyone experience of this? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,724 times, with 10 replies. Last reply by khunwilko on 15/11/2008 at 07:38

Chiang Mai restaurant

Posted by mattocmd on 13/11/2008 at 11:58

Hello, A little over a year ago I was in Chiang Mai. An expat took me to this restaurant and I must return. Let me describe this... It is a huge restaurant, buffet/bbq style. You take what you want (fresh meat and seafood) and bbq it at your table. The juice from everything leaks into a device that makes soup. Someone must know this place. It was HUGE and extremely popular. I remember it only being 4-5$ a person. My memory is blurry but I remember it being near some kind of cir ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,749 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by mattocmd on 14/11/2008 at 10:51

FMP places to stay

Posted by psolomon on 14/11/2008 at 07:03

Any suggestions? Not looking for the cheapest of the cheap, something mid backpacker style. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,255 times, with no replies.

Thai Islands

Posted by candy5 on 14/11/2008 at 07:01

Hi, Just wondering if anyone has any comments for us. We have listed the following Islands that appeal to us..we like to swim, snorkel & dive and just relaxing in the sun, also young and like a good time.. so wondering if we have chosen correctly as a rough guide for our time on the islands? Thinking of allowing 3-4 weeks..are we better just picking a few and sticking to them..Krabi, Ko Phi Phi, Phuket, Ko Samui, Ko Pha Ngan, Kao Tao. Thanks Candy ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,095 times, with no replies.

Thailand Christmas and NYE

Posted by psolomon on 14/11/2008 at 06:20

Hi, I arrive in Bangkok on 17th Dec and wondered if anybody has any suggestions for Christmas and NYE. The full moon party may be a last resort as I think there would be so many more things to do. Chang Mai or up North ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,100 times, with no replies.

Help needed - itinerary planning headache!

Posted by alexlazarus on 10/11/2008 at 16:33

Hi All, This is hte last post o our upcoming trip to Thailand. After looking at lots of different ideas i think we have settled on something of a plan: 26th /27th December - Bangkok 28th to 1st Jan - up to and around Kanchanaburi 1st - travel down to Pattaya ? ? ? 7th to 11th - Ko Kood We would really like to 'do' the beach from pattaya onwards, but dont know where to go! I have found a great littel place on Ko Chang, but that only has availability for the 5th and 6th. What would pe ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,662 times, with 13 replies. Last reply by ChangFai on 13/11/2008 at 11:10

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page