Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Motorcycle Tour of Northern Thailand

Posted by aajackson on 2/11/2008 at 10:06

The article about riding a motorcycle on the Chiang Rai loop is inspiring me to do the same trip. Has anyone else done this trip? Where should I rent the motorcycle from in Chiang Rai? I plan on going the middle of December. Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,775 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by aajackson on 4/11/2008 at 07:50

Samui house rent (low season)

Posted by wufei on 3/11/2008 at 17:54

We count on the price of not more than 20000 THB. Choose between the following beaches: choeng mon, chaweng noi, lamai. We want to find a house (apartment) for one month. My family consists of three people (one child age 2.5 years). Conditions: 1 (or 2) bedroom with conditioning air, living room with TV and kitchen full furniture, swimming pool. Who has experience? Respond. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,625 times, with no replies.

Updated Krabi-Lanta Ferry information?

Posted by rhingo on 31/10/2008 at 21:19

Hi there: we're flying from BKK to Krabi 12/9, and want to catch a ferry to Lanta that day. unfortunately, we're hearing conflicting reports about the ferry schedule, with some sites saying two ferries per day, and others saying only one in the morning. Our flight doesn't arrive until 12.00, so we're hoping there's an afternoon one available. Can anyone assist? Thanks in advance! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,180 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by tezza on 1/11/2008 at 18:06

Bangkok hotel and area recommendations please

Posted by PT109 on 8/10/2008 at 03:08

Hi, we're two adults and two young children going to be in Bangkojk for the first time. We'll just be in transit for two days looking for somewhere easy to reach, safe and with good facilities so we can recover from our flight. We had thought of splashing out on a luxury hotel although many will be booked full on the New Year's period. Any recommendations on hotels or areas appreciated. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,478 times, with 8 replies. Last reply by LancasterLad on 31/10/2008 at 16:18

Visa...

Posted by MarkHall on 27/10/2008 at 21:36

Me and my girlfriend are flying in to bangkok on 15th November and will be staying for around 2 weeks and then returning from Cambodia a couple of month later to stay for another month. What is the best way to obtain the correct visa?? Thanks, Mark ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,447 times, with 9 replies. Last reply by Jon_Mak_Mak on 31/10/2008 at 00:46

Travel from Phuket to Bangkok & Bangkok to Chaing Mai

Posted by brigittahorvath on 28/10/2008 at 21:26

Hi Guys, Can someone tell me which train I need to catch and where from to get to Bangkok from Phuket and from Bangkok to Chaing Mai after that by train (maybe overnight train or during the day...doesnt matter)? Any info would help, such as fares, location of train station, safety? Many, many thanks. B. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,331 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by brigittahorvath on 29/10/2008 at 19:23

Loy Krathong in Bangkok

Posted by jofml on 28/10/2008 at 20:40

Hello, can someone recommend a place in Bangkok to celebrate Loy Krathong? Last year we were at Phra Sumen Fort, it was nice, but maybe there are better places especially to see the Krathongs in the water. Best regards Frank ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,182 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by neowhite on 29/10/2008 at 14:58

How to Travel from Ho Chi Minh - Cambodia - Bangkok

Posted by erbi3285 on 29/10/2008 at 09:12

Hi Everyone, Just wanting some help. Myself and a friend are backing around SE Asia, and will be in HCM and need to arrive in Bangkok. We have approximately 4 days, and would love to check out some of the sites of Cambodia. We are on a budget so need to travel by bus/train. We want to see Angkor Wat and Sihanouk Ville. Can anyone recommend how we do this, and traveling times, shortest route, with maximum sightseeing time. If anyone has done this before would love to hear of some t ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,748 times, with no replies.

Nice place to dine near Moon Bar BKK

Posted by chaosclaire on 28/10/2008 at 17:23

Hi there, I'm looking for a Swanky-ish Thai place to dine near the Moon Bar in Bangkok. I heard the food at the Moon Bar isn't so good, considering the price - or is that wrong do you think? My parents are visiting, and my Mum, had a windfall on the Premium Bonds so she'd like to treat us:) There will be four of us and the win was fifty quid, so that gives us a budget of about 600Baht per person. It has to be within about 5-10 minutes walk as me Dad's knees aren't what they were:) Any sugges ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,759 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by Dongphuvieng on 28/10/2008 at 18:30

Western Island Early November

Posted by danowen on 26/10/2008 at 18:32

Hi, We have about 5-6 days to spend on a sun kissed beach in western thailand (this much is decided from weather charts and our pre-booked flights to Phuket!) and would like some advice on where to go? We thought Phi Phi but are now in some thought? Any advice welcome? Activities wanted are some diving and some relaxed beach action - oh, and a travellers budget?!?! Thanks in advance D&K ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,053 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by tezza on 28/10/2008 at 06:28

2 weeks in Thailand, want to optimise?

Posted by rakhi on 21/10/2008 at 23:46

Hi, My husband and I want to travel around Thailand, starting from around the 20th od December till the 4th of January. I know that's the peakiest of seasons to pick but we can't get 2 weeks together at any other time. I've been reading up a great deal on the country but am now confused with all the options I have come across. I would like to get advice on planning an itinerary keeping the following things in mind. 1. We would like to see history, lots of nature, nice beaches (uncrowded ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,593 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by tezza on 28/10/2008 at 06:19

Ubon Ratchthani to Trat overland

Posted by TheSnowQueen on 27/10/2008 at 03:22

I'm interested in travelling overland from Ubon Ratchathani to Trat, preferably avoiding Bangkok and, instead, by road or rail, cutting East and perhaps staying close to Cambodian border or stopping off to see Khao Yai National Park. Has anyone done this journey or know how easy it is to travel this route? Planning to do this sometime in January and would be very grateful for any info or intelligence (especially as there have been problems recently between Thai and Cambodians near border (Preaha ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,334 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by Tilapia on 28/10/2008 at 02:48

The way to Wat Pai Rong Wua?

Posted by frankithai on 23/10/2008 at 09:44

Does anyone know how to get to Wat Pai Rong Wua (Buddhist Hell Park) via public transportation from Bangkok? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,487 times, with 9 replies. Last reply by Jon_Mak_Mak on 27/10/2008 at 18:49

East coast or West coast thailand?

Posted by steffanmathias on 20/10/2008 at 16:45

I have about a week for some beach time in thailand - as far as i can see Ko Pha Ngan and Ko Samui are pleasant and fun, where as the other side - Ko phi phi, Krabi etc seem more idyllic and pretty - in my mind the west coast is the obvious choice, but i feel like i'm missing something. I'd like to do some relaxing and a little partying, and i'm not really into diving, though wouldn't mind some light snorkelling Can anyone offer any advice? For instance, is either side alot more expensive/a bi ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 19,191 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by tezza on 25/10/2008 at 17:58

Ko Lanta

Posted by arieltarr on 23/10/2008 at 00:21

Hello, Has anyone stayed at Eyes Lanta? It looks very nice and is new. It's a mountainside resort but they say the beach is 5 min. away. I'm looking for a quiet place on Ko Lanta to stay for our honeymoon between Jan. 5-12. We can't afford a $300-400 / night place. We're looking for something more around $100-200. I've also been looking at Sri Lanta and Costa Lanta though both have mixed reviews. We like modern design however the whole point of being in Southern Thailand is to have nice beach ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,040 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by tezza on 25/10/2008 at 17:47

Backpacking Dec 13-Jan 8

Posted by mboconno on 23/10/2008 at 03:33

I am a first time backpacker and was planning on going to Thailand from dec 14-Jan 8. I just got the idea for the trip and have done little to prepare besides purchase airfare and read travel books/online blogs. I was hoping to spend a few days in the north and a majority of the trip in the south. However, I am concerned that I will not be able to find places to stay at night on my measly backpackers budget. Are my fears off? Will I be able to find good accomadations in nice areas of the nor ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,213 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by tezza on 25/10/2008 at 17:41

Pai to Luang Prabang to .........?

Posted by mic59 on 22/10/2008 at 19:19

I am currently in Pai one week into a 6-week holiday. I intend to stay a week in Soppong and Tham Lod and then return to Pai where I have purchased an open ticket to Luang Prabang. Slow boat so I would assume I would get to Luang Prabang by about 1st November. Is there a way to get directly back into Thailand as I would like to be in Nong Khai to see Loy Kratong on 12 November. All I have seen so far is that you can take a plane to Bangkok and I would prefer not to have to do that. Apart from th ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,340 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by mic59 on 24/10/2008 at 17:15

Motion sickness

Posted by mic59 on 22/10/2008 at 10:55

Thought it might be an idea to point out that motion sickness can be a problem on the minibusses in the Northern area of Thailand. Mainly because of speed, road quality and the huge number of turns and rises. Try otherwise to not use a minibus or if you do sit in the middle of it to keep your motion to a minimum. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,549 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by khunwilko on 24/10/2008 at 11:39

Looking for a nice small island like Koh Lipe

Posted by wessatong on 7/10/2008 at 10:11

Okay, I know it's a silly request since I should just go back to Koh Lipe, but I was wondering if there are any other islands as cool as Lipe which I can check out this December. Something that is small, has only about 3-5 beaches, is not too overpopulated or touristy, and decent sand and water quality. Is that too much to ask? Or should I just return to the paradise that is Lipe, content in the fact that it's one-of-a-kind? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,733 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by aonangmike on 22/10/2008 at 13:28

Thailand during peak-peak for ultra-runner/yogini couple...need guidance

Posted by 4erica on 20/10/2008 at 08:24

Hi all I am really impressed with the information that is available here. I have already done a lot of reading on Thai Islands during the peak travel season...and Im feeling a bit anxious. My boyfriend and I booked our tickets to BKK from mid-December through to mid-January and we just need some help sorting out our trip. We dont drink and are more into active pursuits, massage, vipassana meditation, swimming, sunning, and some people watching. We are not into the 20-something party ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,564 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by sirhalberd on 21/10/2008 at 09:24

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page