Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

which island for a single female traveller?

Posted by misskismet on 27/9/2008 at 12:23

hi have been lurking around the site for a while and have always found it informative, so hoping for some input here. i live in bangkok and am thinking that instead of spending all my cash at siam every weekend, i should explore the islands a bit. ideally i'd leave on friday morning (even though sometimes i can only leave at night) and need to be back monday morning. any idea on which islands would be a good place for me to go alone? i don't really want to party, but i don't mind beach bars. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,097 times, with 9 replies. Last reply by clb76 on 8/10/2008 at 06:51

Nov 2nd - Dec 13th

Posted by eyelash1981 on 20/8/2008 at 17:57

arriving into bangkok on the 2nd of November and travelling around vietnam cambodia and thailand could any suggest an itenary or places of interest that we should visit. the only thing the girls want to do is elephant train in chang mai so any suggestions after that would be grateful. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,413 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by eyelash1981 on 7/10/2008 at 22:13

Anybody been diving in the south?

Posted by ecoldwell on 7/10/2008 at 14:24

We're thinking of heading to islands near Trang in January and was wondering if anybody and been diving down there? If so which dive clubs and sites do you recommend? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,282 times, with no replies.

Current ATM Exchange Rate

Posted by LancasterLad on 5/10/2008 at 19:04

Grateful if someone could tell me what ATMs are currently giving for sterling. Will I be alright to turn up at BKK airport without any bahts, and use my an airport ATM once I've got through immigration? Thanks LL ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,915 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by LancasterLad on 7/10/2008 at 01:09

Ferries from Thailand to Langkawi

Posted by huggomartini on 20/9/2008 at 06:50

Hi there, I know that there are ferries from Satun to Langkawi, I would like to know if there are any from Phuket or Ko Lanta to Langkawi? Thanks in advance Cheers ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 8,986 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by aonangmike on 6/10/2008 at 17:20

Thailand/Laos honeymoon Dec./Jan.

Posted by arieltarr on 6/10/2008 at 05:30

Hello, I'd like some feedback on my possible itinerary from seasoned travelers. My husband and I will be honey-mooning in Thailand and possibly Laos. We'd like a mixture of culture/adventure and relaxation/beaches. I've looked at many sample itineraries and find they're more geared towards backpackers with lots of time and often require packing up every 2 days. I like the idea of staying in 4-5 different places and doing day trips out of each place. We'll be there for 20 nights right during p ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,720 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by Jon_Mak_Mak on 6/10/2008 at 14:22

Postal options?

Posted by kendire on 23/9/2008 at 12:09

I might be going to Thailand next year for 2 or 3 weeks, and while I won't be necessarily be backpacking, I want to keep things light and hopefully bring only 1 piece of luggage. I'd like to mail home any souvenirs etc. that I buy during the trip. Where can I find information on postage rates, and what kind of stuff is prohibited? I don't want to leave with twice as much stuff as I arrived with, but I don't want to have any of my packages returned or thrown away or anything. How is the U.S. with ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,432 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by nedz on 6/10/2008 at 12:02

crazy fairy samui

Posted by nedz on 29/9/2008 at 09:53

I heard there was a crazy fairy, living sth Thai island Mabye Samui, anybody know her. Thanks Nedz ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,158 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by nedz on 6/10/2008 at 09:38

7am flight

Posted by Karimster on 5/10/2008 at 18:53

I'm getting a flight from Bangkok - Singapore at 7am. I'll have arrived from Luang Prabang at 9am the day before. I have a few questions: Anywhere decent to stay near the hotel? i'm loath to spend much on a hotel when I'll probably only be in bed for a few hours. Is there any way I could pull an all-nighter? What would I do all night? How do I get to the airport at night? When does the bus start? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,498 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by SBE on 6/10/2008 at 01:39

Place to crash in Bangkok

Posted by waveandsea on 3/10/2008 at 21:42

Hi there all! I will be touring Thailand, Cambodia and Vietnam for the firs time in November-December. I am planing to visit few best places in each country. I am coming to the Bangkok first, so could please somebody recomend me some nice but not expensive place to stay in Bangkok? Just for info. Thanks!!! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,503 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by Jon_Mak_Mak on 5/10/2008 at 15:49

3 weeks starting the 25th December looking for ideas about the North and South

Posted by ecoldwell on 2/10/2008 at 19:33

We will be arriving in Bangkok on Boxing day and were thinking about heading up to the North until just after New Year at which point we were thinking about heading down to the islands off Trang for two weeks before heading back to Bangkok to fly home. We are trying to decide where to go in the North using either Chang Mai or Chang Rai as a starting point. One thing that has interested us is 3 day rafting trips - can anyone provide more information about these? We love walking and wildlife an ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,293 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by ecoldwell on 3/10/2008 at 13:51

Bangkok bus to Trat

Posted by mattocmd on 3/10/2008 at 08:26

Hello, I fly into Bangkok at 11:50pm and I would like to head to Trat. I saw that the Ekamai terminal has busses that go to Trat. Has anyone ever taken that trip? I was curious about the cost and the duration. Also, I will arrive in Bangkok very late and will need a room. Does anyone know of a nice cheap place to stay near that terminal? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,737 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by Tilapia on 3/10/2008 at 10:17

travel vaccination clinic in chaing mai

Posted by wycliffe on 1/10/2008 at 16:14

hi, Does anyone know of a drop in clinic in chaing mai where i can get the final one of my hep b vaccinations. I've found the details of a couple of hospitals but can't find anything like a travel clinic. Any help from someone in the know most appreciated. fi ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,535 times, with no replies.

Following the Mekong

Posted by Gorey on 28/9/2008 at 21:36

Howdy, This december im going to be out in thailand to see my family over christmas rather than rot away in my dorm in devon. anyway i gave myself about a month to visit them and do my own thing, so i have about 3 weeks to play with here. Right to the point i had an idea while in class cause i wil be going back to Loei cause i loves it and from there i thought about traveling along the border from where the Mekong begins to form the border to where it curves away near Ubon, so basically f ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,286 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by Gorey on 1/10/2008 at 05:55

Koh Lanta for single traveller

Posted by wallas on 21/9/2008 at 04:23

Posted on: today, 22:06 Save Hello, i'll be spending 3 nights in Phi Phi for New Year meeting up with some friends then i will be moving onto Koh Lanta for 7 nights. I'll be on my own (33 single guy) i'm looking for the best beach to stay on. Good accomodation, up to 2500 baht a night and some decent nightlife, nothing seedy, just some busy bars. Will i be best to book my accomodation if arriving on or around the 3/4 th January ? Will places get booked up ? Thanks for any replies. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,366 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by travelrock on 30/9/2008 at 10:21

Need places to stay pn Ko Lipe and Ko Bulon

Posted by ovaciksarah on 26/9/2008 at 19:07

My son and I want to stay on these islands for approx 1 week each, need somewhere we can dive, snorkel etc but some night life, and not too expensive, was thinking of Pooh,s bungalows, anyone been ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,052 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by ovaciksarah on 29/9/2008 at 18:40

New Year on Koh Chang

Posted by lauraandmark on 26/9/2008 at 15:50

Hi, I'm more than likely going to be on Koh Chang for New Years eve but probably arriving on the 30th December - Will all accomodation be pretty much booked, will i still get a budget room? Has anyone been on Koh Chang for xmas/new year that could maybe give us some info. Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,408 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by lauraandmark on 29/9/2008 at 16:28

Horseback Riding

Posted by Punchestown on 16/9/2008 at 18:09

So we're hoping to some elephant trekking, but I also read somewhere that several islands have horseback riding on the beach... I'm pretty sensitive to things about animal care, and I'd be sad to show up at a place with skinny unkept horses... Can anyone recommend anywhere to ride in Ko Samui or Ko Lanta? (or even Krabi or somewhere close that we could just do a day trip for) Thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,506 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by khunwilko on 29/9/2008 at 10:14

Wonderful farm near Hua Hin to experience life close to nature

Posted by Invia on 20/9/2008 at 20:53

Hi there, it must have been some kind of great luck, that I found this really non-touristic place while travelling south through Thailand. It’s a little farm in the middle of beautiful green hills, 50 km west of Hua Hin, where the holidays I spent here gave me such a very different experience that I ever had at any other place I’ve been travelling to before. A young Thai couple, Wat and Chabaa, is caring about this place with all their heart, turning this land into something like paradi ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,972 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by khunwilko on 29/9/2008 at 09:33

Travel agents Chiang Mai

Posted by jerim on 25/9/2008 at 20:40

Is it straight forward booking internal flights for Laos/ Vietnam through a travel agent in CM? I've tried Lao airlines site, but got no where, same with vietnam airlines. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,111 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by sirhalberd on 28/9/2008 at 20:40

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page