Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Teaching in thailand

Posted by beemeers on 1/10/2008 at 00:50

Hello everyone, just wondering if anyone has ever done teaching in thailand, as in the TEFL, teaching english. I was just in thailand in april-june.. and of course fell in love.. now would like to go back to asia for awhile, but also be able to work a bit so the funds don't go to fast. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,312 times, with 9 replies. Last reply by alisonmilliken on 12/11/2008 at 15:22

Surin Elephant Festival Advice Needed

Posted by oreganoman on 12/11/2008 at 11:10

Hi. Planning to go to the elephant festival in Surin this year (November 21-23). Have heard that hotels charge double and triple their usual rates during this time. Anyone know of any affordable places to stay either in Surin or close by? I don't mind staying a bit outside the city and would in fact prefer that. Thanks. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,216 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by Bradda88 on 12/11/2008 at 12:16

From Koh Phi Phi To Koh Lanta

Posted by curly on 11/11/2008 at 10:42

Hello Guys, Pls advise if you can. I'm on a 2 week holiday in Phuket. Will be traveling to Koh Phi Phi first, then to Koh Lanta for a week. Is this a good route? I'll be staying at Ao To Koh in Koh phi phi, but can't seem to look for a good recommendation to stay in Koh Lanta. Pls advise! I love to snorkel.. a resort/hut near a good snorkelling spot would be ideal. Pls help! Thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,502 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by curly on 12/11/2008 at 08:58

To reserve... or not to reserve?

Posted by nickdawes on 11/11/2008 at 06:37

Hi :) I was hoping for some up to date advice from those who know better. I land in Bangkok on the 30th of December for the start of (visa extension pending) a 3 month stay in Thailand. I have visited a few times before and I know what an ordeal it can be to find accommodation in the more popular tourist areas during peak period. I'm pretty sure December 30th falls into that catergory, which brings me to my point. I want to stay in or around the Khao San area. I'd love to start my adventur ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,218 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 12/11/2008 at 05:39

Need a quiet place to stay

Posted by OlgaGa on 8/9/2008 at 17:17

Hi, please advise a peaceful place to stay on Krabi. Firsttime in Thai. fly in on 23 of Oct. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 6,683 times, with 25 replies. Last reply by OlgaGa on 9/11/2008 at 00:16

Phuket to Ko Phra Thong

Posted by owsleybeck on 5/11/2008 at 06:39

I was hoping someone could help me. My girl and I are flying into Phuket on Nov. 17th or so as we are planning on staying at Pavilions Resort starting on the 20th. but we would like to get off Phuket and see what else is around. My girl found Ko Phra Thong and the Golden Buddha Resort. This place looks really freindly and beautiful. But they charge about 250 USD to get you to their resort from Phuket...which is a little pricy for the distance involved. Does any one know where i can get some info ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,726 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by tezza on 8/11/2008 at 16:07

Beaches and Islands in December

Posted by KittieKat on 7/11/2008 at 20:18

We are heading to Thailand in a couple of weeks for our first visit. We have the first part of our three week stint sorted. We're heading to Bangkok for a few days and then off to Chiang Mai. After that I am at a bit of a loss. . . I have had a look at the weather info on this site (and others) and was wondering if anyone with direct experience could advise as I appear to be going in circles. . . Ideally we'd like somewhere that is sunny with minimal rain (there's a surprise) with nice beaches, ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,255 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by tezza on 8/11/2008 at 15:56

Help - stuck in Pai...ideas for a few days

Posted by kramer05 on 8/11/2008 at 10:23

Hello everyone! I am currently in Pai. My friends and I fly out of Bangkok on Thurs. morning. We wanted to relax on a beach (ko samet or phuket or something) from Mon - Wed but there are no flights from Chiang Mai down south on Sunday because of the national holiday. We would love to do something on a beach near Bangkok or something relaxing in between Pai and Bangkok in the next few days. (Leaving Pai on Monday morning or Sunday night.) Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciate ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,558 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 8/11/2008 at 14:44

Xmas and New Year in Thailand

Posted by mrkarlholland on 5/11/2008 at 19:57

Hi im off to southeast asia on 1st dec, starting in thailand heading north until xmas then heading to bangkok. However im willing to change my plans if anybody can suggest a good place to spend xmas and new year? i know of the moon parties but im heading to siem reap very early jan so want to be close to bangkok and not head too far south jus to cut down on my travelling!! any suggestions for places to stay, bars, clubs, restaurants would help a lot!! cheers ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,092 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by Tilapia on 7/11/2008 at 00:12

Fake TAT officials

Posted by mic59 on 5/11/2008 at 17:31

Just been in Bangkok which brought up to me the point of fake TAT officials. They will be outside Hualamphong station and tourist destinations waiting to direct you to the accomodation or tours they get kickbacks from. And they will often tell you downright lies, for instance the bloke outside the station said there was no train to Pattaya. There is one at 6.55 and there is also a station inn so it is easier to catch in the morning. This train costs 31 Baht where a bus would be at least 500. Th ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,308 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by Jon_Mak_Mak on 6/11/2008 at 15:47

How to travel to Ko Adang

Posted by brigittahorvath on 29/10/2008 at 19:30

Hi guys, Does anyone know how to get to Ko Adang from phuket or Koh Phi pHi or from around that area. I have been searching the net but did not find any straight forward solutions as how to get there. Please help! Many thanks in advance. Brigitta ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,243 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by tezza on 5/11/2008 at 12:20

Staying on Ko Panyi

Posted by tezza on 5/11/2008 at 11:43

Has anyone stayed on Ko Panyi, the sea-gypsy village in Phang Nga Bay? Any details would be helpful - maybe costs if you can remember, who you organised it with, whether you thought it worth the effort (I'm gonna have to cut a day of somewhere further south) etc. If you can suggest good budget places to stay in Phang Nga town that too would also be appreciated. Thanks in advance for ANY information. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,322 times, with no replies.

budget question (4 weeks thailand, X?)

Posted by erzo on 4/11/2008 at 05:03

hey everybody! I really like this site- so many useful informations! bookmarked it and will spread the good word :) A lot of ppl are looking for this kind of infos like you are giving away for free! keep up the work! to my question. i'm planning a trip from 15th januar to 15th februar (maybe a day or two more) from BKK to Laos or Cambodia and then back to thai's islands for week or two... - which one to choose? Laos or Cambodia? Don't really know what I should expect from any of those ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,943 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by sirhalberd on 5/11/2008 at 10:41

bangkok to chiang mai

Posted by kantin on 4/11/2008 at 23:05

hi i m now in bangkok in kaosan street...i wanna go to chiang mai for 3 or 4 days.does somebody knows what is the best way to get there? by agents or by train or by normal bus? and also how is it with maleria in 'chiang mai' and later in 'laos 'vietnam' and 'cambodia'?do i need to get tablets or injection??? thanks for the answers ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,310 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by sirhalberd on 5/11/2008 at 09:51

Bus from Chiang Rai to Udon Thani?

Posted by frankithai on 4/11/2008 at 10:48

Is there a direct bus that goes from Chiang Rai to Udon Thani? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 9,715 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by wanderingcat on 4/11/2008 at 19:36

Motorcycle Tour of Northern Thailand

Posted by aajackson on 2/11/2008 at 10:06

The article about riding a motorcycle on the Chiang Rai loop is inspiring me to do the same trip. Has anyone else done this trip? Where should I rent the motorcycle from in Chiang Rai? I plan on going the middle of December. Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,796 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by aajackson on 4/11/2008 at 07:50

Samui house rent (low season)

Posted by wufei on 3/11/2008 at 17:54

We count on the price of not more than 20000 THB. Choose between the following beaches: choeng mon, chaweng noi, lamai. We want to find a house (apartment) for one month. My family consists of three people (one child age 2.5 years). Conditions: 1 (or 2) bedroom with conditioning air, living room with TV and kitchen full furniture, swimming pool. Who has experience? Respond. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,651 times, with no replies.

Updated Krabi-Lanta Ferry information?

Posted by rhingo on 31/10/2008 at 21:19

Hi there: we're flying from BKK to Krabi 12/9, and want to catch a ferry to Lanta that day. unfortunately, we're hearing conflicting reports about the ferry schedule, with some sites saying two ferries per day, and others saying only one in the morning. Our flight doesn't arrive until 12.00, so we're hoping there's an afternoon one available. Can anyone assist? Thanks in advance! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,202 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by tezza on 1/11/2008 at 18:06

Bangkok hotel and area recommendations please

Posted by PT109 on 8/10/2008 at 03:08

Hi, we're two adults and two young children going to be in Bangkojk for the first time. We'll just be in transit for two days looking for somewhere easy to reach, safe and with good facilities so we can recover from our flight. We had thought of splashing out on a luxury hotel although many will be booked full on the New Year's period. Any recommendations on hotels or areas appreciated. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,494 times, with 8 replies. Last reply by LancasterLad on 31/10/2008 at 16:18

Visa...

Posted by MarkHall on 27/10/2008 at 21:36

Me and my girlfriend are flying in to bangkok on 15th November and will be staying for around 2 weeks and then returning from Cambodia a couple of month later to stay for another month. What is the best way to obtain the correct visa?? Thanks, Mark ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,468 times, with 9 replies. Last reply by Jon_Mak_Mak on 31/10/2008 at 00:46

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page