Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Tripology

Posted by katchakeepah on 9/9/2008 at 11:43

Has anyone used Tripology.com to book a trip to Thailand? I am wondering what others have experienced. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,215 times, with no replies.

Bangkok hotels

Posted by wallas on 4/9/2008 at 17:01

Hello all, my first stop on my 6 month travels will be Bangkok on 29th Dec. I will be travelling on my own. I intend to stay in Bangkok for New Year and then head to a beach resort for the remainder of my stay. I need a hotel in central BK close to bars/restaurants that has a gym, big outdoor pool, decent rooms and a good hotel bar and wi-fi. Price wise about £50 - 3000 baht (is that about right) a night. I am looking on the web but thought someone on here might have a good suggestio ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,803 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by travelrock on 8/9/2008 at 11:32

Trat or Ko Kong

Posted by ahxian on 4/9/2008 at 14:56

I will be traveling from Phnom Penh to Bangkok end of Oct. Which will be a better place to spend the night, Trat or Ko Kong? Any hotels to recommend? I will be going budget. Thanks. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,517 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by ahxian on 8/9/2008 at 09:32

Trip through North by car in October/November - Want to hop in?

Posted by RotPickup on 7/9/2008 at 23:41

fellow travellers; starting october 13th i will be doing a slow-motion trip through northern thailand with my pick-up-truck. The route will be Ayutthaya Tak Mae-Sot Mae-Sariang Mae-Hong-Son Soppong Phayao Phayao Phrae Uttaradit Phitsanuloke and then into Issan-region. Taking things easy; meeting nice people and enjoy the countryside is the main concept of this journey. I am a 38 years old german; have done this kind of trip before and do speak and read thai on an intermediate level. Also i ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,267 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by Jon_Mak_Mak on 8/9/2008 at 05:45

Discovery Airpass

Posted by katchakeepah on 7/9/2008 at 02:04

I will be in Thailand in January for two weeks. Is investing in an airpass worth the money since I will only be in the country for 2 weeks? I am interested in Phuket, Ko Lanta, and Ko Adang. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,889 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by idreamofdurian on 7/9/2008 at 23:40

Koh Lipe Jungle Resort, What's it like?

Posted by themagicnumber on 26/8/2008 at 04:29

Hi, Has anybody stayed at the Jungle Resort on Koh Lipe? If so what was it like? Thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,259 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by idreamofdurian on 5/9/2008 at 23:40

phi phi to singapore

Posted by macdaisy on 25/8/2008 at 21:42

hi i was wondering if anyone can tell me how much time i should leave to go from phi phi to singapore as i am flying out from singapore and a time frame would be good. thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,951 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by idreamofdurian on 5/9/2008 at 23:35

koh samui or koh lanta in beginning of september? please help!

Posted by swetez on 4/9/2008 at 02:18

hello there, i'll be in thailand for 7 days from the 10th of september to the 17th. i'm thinking about spending a couple days in bangkok, and then moving on to a quiet, beautiful island. that being said, my friends advised me to go to krabi, and i'm highly interested in going to koh lanta. however, after checking out the extensive weather reports, i realize that it is still monsoon season. would it be worth it to go despite the chance of rainfall? there is around a ratio of 1:2 days of ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 6,044 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by tezza on 5/9/2008 at 18:43

Snowboard Bag at BK airport !!

Posted by wallas on 15/8/2008 at 04:41

I'm travelling to Thailand on my way to Japan to snowboard for 3/4 months. My question is does anybody know if i can leave my snowboard bag at the left luggage in Bangkok airport for the two weeks i will be spending in Thailand over New Year ? I know they have a left luggage service but i'm wondering if they will take something as big as my snowboard bag. Is it safe to leave your luggage there ? My first post, so be kind please. Oopps i've just noticed it's actually my third post. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,449 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by wallas on 4/9/2008 at 16:41

Ko Pha Ngan September 14th Full Moon Party!!!

Posted by rsthomas on 3/9/2008 at 15:51

What's up everyone! I am going to try and make the Full Moon party September 14th in Koh Phanang. I am looking for a moderately priced, nice bungalow on the beach near all the action of the party. Any recommendations would be AWESOME! Cheers! Ross ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,406 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by exacto on 4/9/2008 at 11:02

First time traveling.

Posted by danielhl on 26/8/2008 at 07:17

Hi. This christmas my friend and I will go on a 4-5 month trip to Thailand, Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam. I was curious as to how much money to budget for 5 months, and if anyone has some suggestion as to where to go etc. Looking for a relaxing 5 months. Might be a bit misplaced post but hey :) thanks Daniel ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,692 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by khunwilko on 3/9/2008 at 14:27

vayama and best travel store

Posted by alexdhess on 3/9/2008 at 13:59

I am planning a flight to bangkok from boston in the first week of october. I have been fishing around on all the online travel sites for weeks now and the best prices thus far (by far) are on best travel store and vayama. Has anyone used them? Are they legit? Sketchy? Best travel store's prices are a good three hundred less than most others (and I have included fares and taxes and fees). Vayama is close. If anyone has had an experience with either site i would very much appreciate the inp ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,139 times, with no replies.

Phi Phi help!

Posted by KirstyB on 27/8/2008 at 23:50

I am struggling to work out the best area to stay on Phi Phi to suit our requirements - 4 friends (2 couples) for a few days in late October; growing out of backpacking and into flashpacking. Having read all the info around including the Travelfish guide I am still confused about which parts of the island should be avoided if we don't want a full on party place. Is it that if we avoid the Ton Sai village part and stay further towards Long Beach around the Andaman Beach Resort, Bayvew, Viking etc ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,875 times, with 17 replies. Last reply by travelrock on 3/9/2008 at 07:12

Honeymoon

Posted by Punchestown on 25/8/2008 at 03:49

Hi all. My fiancee and I are planning on heading to Thailand for our honeymoon from about December 20 - January 5th or so. We're hoping to stick to the south - for about $100/day (we'd ideally splurge on a few places, then save on others). We're looking for places with pretty beaches, things to do during the day (elephant treks, hiking, snorkeling, etc) with some nightlife - but nothing crazy. We'd like to pick 3 or 4 islands and stick to them - with maybe 2 days in Bangkok. Can anyone recommend ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,415 times, with 10 replies. Last reply by stevekpg on 2/9/2008 at 15:14

bangkok to kohphangan

Posted by cookiepower on 1/9/2008 at 17:53

I was planning on travelling down by bus from bangkok to koh phangan or phi phi as i thought it would be too expensive to fly but i just looked on the air asia website and they fly down to surat thani for like 1250 baht 50 baht each bag you check in and you can pay a couple of hundred baht for express check in too which after a 18 hour flight from uk with kuwait airlines i think sounds good. has anyone on here flown in to the new airport and flown out of don muang to surat thani ? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,177 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by stevekpg on 2/9/2008 at 15:05

Siem Reap to Samui

Posted by NEILEIO on 29/8/2008 at 12:55

Hi all, Looking for the best way to get from Siem Reap to Samui? Appreciate your help! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,689 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 2/9/2008 at 13:17

A genuine trek in Northern Thailand

Posted by ruzickaf on 1/9/2008 at 18:41

Hi all, I'm still looking for a more difficult trip (3-4 days) off the beaten pathways without superfluous sideshow, such as elephant riding and bamboo rafting and so on, surroundings Chiang Rai/Mae Hong Son in a small group of participants (max. 4 persons). I just want to walk in the mountains and watch the scenery of nature around me. I don't wanna do any unreasonable things, visit 5 hilltribe villages a day, drink beer every night in a tribal chief's hut... Has anyone got a same view of the ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,562 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by apsetours on 2/9/2008 at 12:43

backback advice.

Posted by clairehanmer on 25/8/2008 at 18:52

im on a budget. which is better? im in thailand for 8 weeks and then on to oz. http://www.outdoorworlddirect.co.uk/acatalog/freedom8020.html or http://www.gapyeartravelstore.com/Gelert-80-15L-Travel-Backpack-p-190.html any advice greatlu received ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,253 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by cookiepower on 1/9/2008 at 17:29

Airlines and itinerary advice

Posted by odessafile on 27/8/2008 at 04:02

We will be traveling to Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, and Vietnam in September. We have very limited time and would like to fly from one destination to the other. Please advice if the following flights exist and what airlines: Chiang Mai to Luang Prabang (Laos) LP to Vientiane Vientiane to either Hanoi (Vietnam) or Siem Reap (Cambodia) Does anybody know if we can take a boat from SR to Phnom Penh? Thank you in advance for any advice. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,813 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by apsetours on 1/9/2008 at 15:59

phuket town

Posted by apollo on 24/7/2008 at 16:12

At last phuket town is taking of, a great mix here, where east meets west... Had a great night in the famous o'malley's, 3 floors of fun..jammin is now there too, offering live music everynight, though i prefered the viper room on level 2....If you prefer to chill with your friends then level 3 is for you, pool tables, and a stylish vip room.... There is the roxy bar, here you will find the farang's, similar to micheal's though roxy bar does suit the young more... Note that the farang's aroun ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,299 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by travelrock on 1/9/2008 at 07:34

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page