Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

3 weeks starting the 25th December looking for ideas about the North and South

Posted by ecoldwell on 2/10/2008 at 19:33

We will be arriving in Bangkok on Boxing day and were thinking about heading up to the North until just after New Year at which point we were thinking about heading down to the islands off Trang for two weeks before heading back to Bangkok to fly home. We are trying to decide where to go in the North using either Chang Mai or Chang Rai as a starting point. One thing that has interested us is 3 day rafting trips - can anyone provide more information about these? We love walking and wildlife an ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,311 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by ecoldwell on 3/10/2008 at 13:51

Bangkok bus to Trat

Posted by mattocmd on 3/10/2008 at 08:26

Hello, I fly into Bangkok at 11:50pm and I would like to head to Trat. I saw that the Ekamai terminal has busses that go to Trat. Has anyone ever taken that trip? I was curious about the cost and the duration. Also, I will arrive in Bangkok very late and will need a room. Does anyone know of a nice cheap place to stay near that terminal? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,754 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by Tilapia on 3/10/2008 at 10:17

travel vaccination clinic in chaing mai

Posted by wycliffe on 1/10/2008 at 16:14

hi, Does anyone know of a drop in clinic in chaing mai where i can get the final one of my hep b vaccinations. I've found the details of a couple of hospitals but can't find anything like a travel clinic. Any help from someone in the know most appreciated. fi ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,549 times, with no replies.

Following the Mekong

Posted by Gorey on 28/9/2008 at 21:36

Howdy, This december im going to be out in thailand to see my family over christmas rather than rot away in my dorm in devon. anyway i gave myself about a month to visit them and do my own thing, so i have about 3 weeks to play with here. Right to the point i had an idea while in class cause i wil be going back to Loei cause i loves it and from there i thought about traveling along the border from where the Mekong begins to form the border to where it curves away near Ubon, so basically f ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,300 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by Gorey on 1/10/2008 at 05:55

Koh Lanta for single traveller

Posted by wallas on 21/9/2008 at 04:23

Posted on: today, 22:06 Save Hello, i'll be spending 3 nights in Phi Phi for New Year meeting up with some friends then i will be moving onto Koh Lanta for 7 nights. I'll be on my own (33 single guy) i'm looking for the best beach to stay on. Good accomodation, up to 2500 baht a night and some decent nightlife, nothing seedy, just some busy bars. Will i be best to book my accomodation if arriving on or around the 3/4 th January ? Will places get booked up ? Thanks for any replies. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,411 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by travelrock on 30/9/2008 at 10:21

Need places to stay pn Ko Lipe and Ko Bulon

Posted by ovaciksarah on 26/9/2008 at 19:07

My son and I want to stay on these islands for approx 1 week each, need somewhere we can dive, snorkel etc but some night life, and not too expensive, was thinking of Pooh,s bungalows, anyone been ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,064 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by ovaciksarah on 29/9/2008 at 18:40

New Year on Koh Chang

Posted by lauraandmark on 26/9/2008 at 15:50

Hi, I'm more than likely going to be on Koh Chang for New Years eve but probably arriving on the 30th December - Will all accomodation be pretty much booked, will i still get a budget room? Has anyone been on Koh Chang for xmas/new year that could maybe give us some info. Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,421 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by lauraandmark on 29/9/2008 at 16:28

Horseback Riding

Posted by Punchestown on 16/9/2008 at 18:09

So we're hoping to some elephant trekking, but I also read somewhere that several islands have horseback riding on the beach... I'm pretty sensitive to things about animal care, and I'd be sad to show up at a place with skinny unkept horses... Can anyone recommend anywhere to ride in Ko Samui or Ko Lanta? (or even Krabi or somewhere close that we could just do a day trip for) Thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,519 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by khunwilko on 29/9/2008 at 10:14

Wonderful farm near Hua Hin to experience life close to nature

Posted by Invia on 20/9/2008 at 20:53

Hi there, it must have been some kind of great luck, that I found this really non-touristic place while travelling south through Thailand. It’s a little farm in the middle of beautiful green hills, 50 km west of Hua Hin, where the holidays I spent here gave me such a very different experience that I ever had at any other place I’ve been travelling to before. A young Thai couple, Wat and Chabaa, is caring about this place with all their heart, turning this land into something like paradi ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,984 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by khunwilko on 29/9/2008 at 09:33

Travel agents Chiang Mai

Posted by jerim on 25/9/2008 at 20:40

Is it straight forward booking internal flights for Laos/ Vietnam through a travel agent in CM? I've tried Lao airlines site, but got no where, same with vietnam airlines. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,126 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by sirhalberd on 28/9/2008 at 20:40

Hotel advice in Bangkok?

Posted by ramayer on 22/2/2008 at 00:55

Hi all, visiting Thailand for the first time in a few weeks and want to book a hotel in Bangkok before we arrive so we can acclimatize and have a few comfortable nights before heading up north and down to the islands. I have come across these hotels that look to be in our budget and in a decent location, can anyone who knows these hotels give us some advice/review on them? or recommend other hotels in Bangkok? Mango Lagoon Place Sawadee Bangkok Inn Sawasdee Khaosan Inn Thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 7,170 times, with 9 replies. Last reply by Waso on 27/9/2008 at 17:00

Getting to thai islands from siahnoukville

Posted by josh4321 on 22/9/2008 at 01:59

Hey just wanted to know if anyone knows the best and quickest way to get from sihanoukville in cambodia to the thai islands preferably koh phangan. Is it possible to go by boat?? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,274 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by josh4321 on 26/9/2008 at 01:40

3 weeks with my gf...1st time in Thailand!

Posted by scootorama on 24/8/2008 at 04:33

I am leaving on Dec 17th and returning Jan 7th. My gf and I have been throughout Mexico, but never into Asia. (I am 20, she is 19, Canadian) We are more interested in shopping in BK, and then heading south towards beaches, massages, relaxation, and great food. We enjoy the odd club, but are not big partiers. I realise this is peak season, so I want to stay out of the biggest party and tourist areas. Staying in beach cottages (any I should book ahead?), a 20minute taxi or bus ride out of ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,761 times, with 15 replies. Last reply by travelrock on 25/9/2008 at 09:14

Islands - late sept to mid october

Posted by YellowVanDan on 17/9/2008 at 18:12

Hi all Just found this site whilst looking for info on where to go in thailand at the end of the month and found this fantastic site! So, my girlfriend are off to thailand for 2 weeks and we fly out to Bangkok on the 26th. After spending a couple of nights there plan to go to one or two of the islands for the remainder of the holiday and are unsure of where to go. I've been to krabi briefly before and spent 5 days or so on Phi Phi the year before the tsunami but other than that I haven't b ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,264 times, with 8 replies. Last reply by tezza on 24/9/2008 at 19:03

Southern Thailand in November

Posted by TBone on 23/9/2008 at 20:46

I plan to visit Koh Tao & Koh Pha Ngan then across to Krabi, Koh Lanta & Koh Lipe in November, after looking at the travelfish weather map Im a bit concerned its going to be absolutely pissing with rain, Im not a scuba diver however would like to do some snorkelling and generally lazing around beaches, am I better of heading over Pattaya, Trat, Koh Chang way? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,151 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by tezza on 24/9/2008 at 19:00

Travel from Trang to Phuket

Posted by katchakeepah on 23/9/2008 at 02:54

I will am trying to plan a trip in January an am thinking about visiting Trang. I found a flight from Bangkok to Trang, but I can not find a flight from Trang to Phuket. Any suggestions? train? ferry? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 7,656 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by tezza on 24/9/2008 at 18:49

Need HELP finding rooms in Koh Samui in late Dec!!

Posted by clb76 on 21/9/2008 at 23:51

Hi! I am traveling through Thailand late Dec - Jan. This is my first time in Thailand! Very excited but starting to worry it might be difficult to get a room this time of year! I am starting in Bangkok, then Chiang Mia, then hopefully to Koh Samui and then Back to Bangkok for NYE. I am having a difficult time finding a room in Koh Samui! I will be there Dec 26-29 and most places are telling me I need a 7-day minimum. A couple of questions: 1. Which part of the island is best for a solo ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,309 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by cactusjoe on 22/9/2008 at 10:54

Nan boat races

Posted by mic59 on 21/9/2008 at 15:19

Can someone tell me when the Nong Khai boat races are? I would like to see them before going onto Nong Khai for the Dragon festival. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,158 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by mic59 on 21/9/2008 at 15:22

Thailand, Cambodia, Laos in October 2008

Posted by Harpreetie on 19/9/2008 at 14:47

Hi guys, I am planning my trip to Thailand, Cambodia, and Laos in early October 2008. I will be flying into Bangkok and then traveling within the region from there. My question is related to budget as well as how much time i need to do justice to each place. I was originally thinking of 6 weeks...starting Oct. 6/7 through Nov. 20th and I think that should be sufficient which case, I want to know what route to it better to go north first and then end up on the be ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,850 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by mic59 on 19/9/2008 at 16:40

Thailand Re-Entry

Posted by rsthomas on 17/9/2008 at 17:30

Hello, I am currently in Vietnam and plan to fly from Hanoi to Bangkok on the 25th of September. I didn't get to see all the places I wanted to in Thailand in August, so I extended my trip so I can go back and do the islands. Do you know if I can just re-enter the country or if there is some sort of re-entry visa that needs to be purchased. Thanks for the advice:) ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,683 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by Lother on 17/9/2008 at 19:44

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page