Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Reccom. for Visiting Phayao

Posted by lostinthai on 12/8/2008 at 00:39

Hey all, I have a Thai language teacher who has invited us to visit Phayao. Thinking about adding this to our 2 week Thailand itinerary in Jan-Feb '09. Anyone have any recent experiences to share: places to stay, things to see, info. about travelling there without a car? Thanks... ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,903 times, with 9 replies. Last reply by lostinthai on 13/8/2008 at 00:17

Thinking of Ban Toei

Posted by mic59 on 12/8/2008 at 17:01

I've found something on this site about Ban Toei in Nan. Sounds like a good and out of the way place to go to. Can anyone who has been there give me any ideas about it, such as exactly how to get there, what accomodation choices are there(I've read the guesthouse reviews and there is only one place mentioned). Also is there anything like a market, caves, waterfalls etc. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,063 times, with no replies.

3 weeks to see it all, help

Posted by hjamorrice on 11/8/2008 at 12:48

Hi, i'm planning on going backpacking around thailand on boxing day with some friends for around 3 weeks. Really want to see a few Islands, Bangkok, Phuket, Ko Phi Phi, Krabi, Koh Samui etc etc, then possibly on from there to northern thailand. Coming from NZ I really can only get into Bangkok which obviously is on my list, and an planning on getting to Koh Phanagan by the 10th. Whats worth seeing from Bangkok down towards Koh Phangan that I can see along the way? Or simpler, is there any be ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,592 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 12/8/2008 at 07:28

traveling from nong khai to aranya prathet/poipet border crossing into cambodia

Posted by ryanfisher on 8/8/2008 at 14:22

i recently found out that i can't travel south through laos to cambodia, via veon kham crossing, without a prearranged visa and i am not sure i want to spend 5 days in vientiane waiting to get a visa for cambodia. so, does anyone know if it is difficult to go via nong khai to the aranya prathet/poipet border directly east of bangkok without going into bangkok? thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,585 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 9/8/2008 at 17:23

Gecko's Tour advice

Posted by LouieJean on 9/8/2008 at 07:08

I am planning to travel with Gecko's adventures in January, looking at the 17 day Thailand-Laos-Camodia trip. I will be flying out of Bangkok, but the trip ends in Phnom Penh, is there a simple cheap way to get to Bangkok for an amerture traveller? The other option is doing just the Thailand-Laos leg which is a shorter round trip. Has anyone done these particular tours? Is Cambodia worth the extra $ and time? I would love the balls to just go solo but past experiences have pointed me toward ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,762 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 9/8/2008 at 09:23

Thailand Itineary- Please help

Posted by richahiker on 4/8/2008 at 17:59

Hi Guys I have finally zeroed in on the places I would like to go.I just need little more help.Please excuse me for my constant messages. 1) Iam planning to visit Bangkok- Phuket-Kanchnaburi-Ko Samet/Ko Samui. 2) I want to go to Ching Mai but guess that would be out of place. 3) Could you please suggest me the best possible route to follow to reach these places? 4) Im posing this question again as in to go to Ko Samet or Ko Samui, could you please suggest which will be the easiest t ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,956 times, with 18 replies. Last reply by SBE on 9/8/2008 at 00:04

Thai Islands- Trying to avoid rain

Posted by savage on 7/8/2008 at 10:20

We're planning on going to a few islands between the last half of September and the first half of October. We will probably do Phuket, Ko Phi Phi and perhaps Phang-Nga on the West coast and Ko Tao, Ko Pha Ngan, and Koh Samui on the SE coast. Right now the plan is to fly into Phuket and we were going to work our way up to Northern Thailand. I've read that Sept is rainy season for the SW coast and that it isn't so bad for the SE coast. For the SW coast it also seems that October is a better time t ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,191 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by SBE on 8/8/2008 at 00:40

Thailand Itineary

Posted by richahiker on 4/8/2008 at 16:27

Hi Guys I have finally zeroed in on the places I would like to go.I just need little more help.Please excuse me for my constant messages. 1) Iam planning to visit Bangkok- Phuket-Kanchnaburi-Ko Samet/Ko Samui. 2) I want to go to Ching Mai but guess that would be out of place. 3) Could you please suggest me the best possible route to follow to reach these places? 4) Im posing this question again as in to go to Ko Samet or Ko Samui, could you please suggest which will be the easiest t ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,524 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by richahiker on 6/8/2008 at 16:48

questions about islands

Posted by aimee1986 on 13/7/2008 at 19:07

1) how far is it on a ferry from ko tao to ko samet and how much would this be. 2) we are going end of august- september time and want to know what the best islands are to visit we are already going to ko pangnan, ho samui and ko tao! 3) we want to stay in nice hotels in thailand - as it is low season is it best to just walk in for the best rates in 3-4 star hotels - how muh would we expect to pay? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,862 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by travelrock on 6/8/2008 at 09:27

first time in Chang Mai - want to see all the best sights etc

Posted by aimee1986 on 11/7/2008 at 22:04

Hi, a friend and me are travelling to Thailand on 20th August and plan to go to chang mai for 5-7 days. This is our first time so we want to make sure we don't miss anything and want the best experience! We want to see all the sites: e.g. waterfalls, tribes, temples, elephant rides, river cruise, golden triangle, and markets... My friend found this site that does tours of chang mai and it looks really good: http://travelhubchiangmaitours.com/chiang_mai_package_tours/6day_complete_north_ ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,522 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by travelrock on 6/8/2008 at 09:22

Dengue fever

Posted by cmz11 on 1/8/2008 at 09:56

IS there any real great risk of contracting dengue fever in Thailand or is it very rare? I saw a few articles on the internet saying that there were a decent amount of cases this year but know that most articles just get you overly worried. If so where are areas that precautions need to be taken in and should I be very concerned about this or just travel normally? Thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,451 times, with 10 replies. Last reply by bear64 on 5/8/2008 at 19:56

phanganbungalows.com

Posted by Kennyd on 2/8/2008 at 17:15

I treid to reserve a bungalow via this agency website for Sea Scene resort on Ko Phangan next January. Back came a reply telling me they are fully booked and offered me an alternative resort. I thought it didn't quite ring true for them to be fully booked so far in advance so I contacted Sea Scene via their own website. Low and behold they have plenty of bungalows for that time. So watch out if you try and book through phanganbungalows.com!!! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,406 times, with no replies.

Dolar or euro?? cash or card??

Posted by Flacha on 30/7/2008 at 15:35

What to choose? dolar or euro? cash or maybe card ? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,414 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by mic59 on 2/8/2008 at 11:30

how to book a Seaside-hut?

Posted by julia89 on 31/7/2008 at 03:12

I found a nice bungalow on travelfish.org: http://www.travelfish.org/accommodation_profile/thailand/southern_thailand/surat_thani/haad_rin/all/699 but you cannot book online! do I have to call from Germany to Thailand?! can anybody help me? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,552 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by SBE on 1/8/2008 at 20:47

Thailand info- Please help

Posted by richahiker on 1/8/2008 at 18:32

Hi Need some info on Thailand-Please help 1) Im planning to travel to thailand from India next month.Would like to know if it is safe for women to travel alone. 2) Considering this is the off season, which places can be recommended. 3) My travel plan is fo 15 days, and want to stay at cheap and best accomodation.Whivh place in bagkok would be cheap, safe and centarl 4) My itineary consist of Bangkok,Phuket/Pattaya, Koh Sumai and Chaiang Mai. My interest is to shop in bankok, see ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,246 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by SBE on 1/8/2008 at 20:36

Silom Hotels

Posted by CunningMcFar on 1/8/2008 at 00:00

OK, my wife and I will be spending about 4 days in BKK at the end of our Nov trip this year and are keen on staying in the Silom area, preferably near Sala Daeng BTS. We've checked out some of the boutique hotels like Inn Saladaeng and Baan Saladaeng, but I think we might prefer to forgo the boutique atmosphere for somewhere with a few more amenities, notably a pool, and the more desirable rooms at Baan Saladaeng are already booked out at that time. Our budget is 3000 THB/night max. Any recomm ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,569 times, with no replies.

Nice hotel for a 30th birthday

Posted by lannypeg on 21/7/2008 at 03:00

I am going to Bangkok in early December and will be celebrating my friends 30th birthday. Can anybody recommend hotel and the best area to stay for going out at night? We are not backpacking and so would be willing to pay a little extra for a special night out. Any advice on bars and restuarants also appreciated as there are two vegetarians in the party. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,106 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by mantahay on 31/7/2008 at 08:20

Bankok Airport to Khoa San Road

Posted by Loena on 10/7/2008 at 07:35

Hi all, This is my first oveaseas trip on my own, very excited! I want to know how far Khoa San Road is from Bankok airport. Also, do i need a visa to get into Thailand? I'm from Australia if that hepls. Thanks. Peace and love to all. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,979 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by cookiepower on 30/7/2008 at 18:09

Ya Ya resort railay

Posted by carolynwhitaker on 29/7/2008 at 10:20

Disgusting, filthy, rats, cockroaches, frogs jumping around room. Just a bucket of water and container to flush the toilets - how does one get rid of the floaties? Bathroom/shower black with mould, nails to hang up clothes. Restaurant meal was disgustingly bad. Certainly not like the photos on their website. Paid the money but could not bring ourselves to stay there and shifted the same night as booking in. Should be had up for false advertising. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,823 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by tezza on 30/7/2008 at 17:38

Group Travelling

Posted by josh4321 on 27/7/2008 at 19:59

Hey guys A group of 7 of us are gonna be travelling to thailand, laos, cambodia and maybe vietnam at the end of the year. Any tips or warnings bout any problems we could encounter with such a large group. Thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,795 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by sirhalberd on 29/7/2008 at 03:20

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page