Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Thailand info- Please help

Posted by richahiker on 1/8/2008 at 18:32

Hi Need some info on Thailand-Please help 1) Im planning to travel to thailand from India next month.Would like to know if it is safe for women to travel alone. 2) Considering this is the off season, which places can be recommended. 3) My travel plan is fo 15 days, and want to stay at cheap and best accomodation.Whivh place in bagkok would be cheap, safe and centarl 4) My itineary consist of Bangkok,Phuket/Pattaya, Koh Sumai and Chaiang Mai. My interest is to shop in bankok, see ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,266 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by SBE on 1/8/2008 at 20:36

Silom Hotels

Posted by CunningMcFar on 1/8/2008 at 00:00

OK, my wife and I will be spending about 4 days in BKK at the end of our Nov trip this year and are keen on staying in the Silom area, preferably near Sala Daeng BTS. We've checked out some of the boutique hotels like Inn Saladaeng and Baan Saladaeng, but I think we might prefer to forgo the boutique atmosphere for somewhere with a few more amenities, notably a pool, and the more desirable rooms at Baan Saladaeng are already booked out at that time. Our budget is 3000 THB/night max. Any recomm ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,600 times, with no replies.

Nice hotel for a 30th birthday

Posted by lannypeg on 21/7/2008 at 03:00

I am going to Bangkok in early December and will be celebrating my friends 30th birthday. Can anybody recommend hotel and the best area to stay for going out at night? We are not backpacking and so would be willing to pay a little extra for a special night out. Any advice on bars and restuarants also appreciated as there are two vegetarians in the party. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,131 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by mantahay on 31/7/2008 at 08:20

Bankok Airport to Khoa San Road

Posted by Loena on 10/7/2008 at 07:35

Hi all, This is my first oveaseas trip on my own, very excited! I want to know how far Khoa San Road is from Bankok airport. Also, do i need a visa to get into Thailand? I'm from Australia if that hepls. Thanks. Peace and love to all. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,007 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by cookiepower on 30/7/2008 at 18:09

Ya Ya resort railay

Posted by carolynwhitaker on 29/7/2008 at 10:20

Disgusting, filthy, rats, cockroaches, frogs jumping around room. Just a bucket of water and container to flush the toilets - how does one get rid of the floaties? Bathroom/shower black with mould, nails to hang up clothes. Restaurant meal was disgustingly bad. Certainly not like the photos on their website. Paid the money but could not bring ourselves to stay there and shifted the same night as booking in. Should be had up for false advertising. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,856 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by tezza on 30/7/2008 at 17:38

Group Travelling

Posted by josh4321 on 27/7/2008 at 19:59

Hey guys A group of 7 of us are gonna be travelling to thailand, laos, cambodia and maybe vietnam at the end of the year. Any tips or warnings bout any problems we could encounter with such a large group. Thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,825 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by sirhalberd on 29/7/2008 at 03:20

overland =pattaya to phnom penh

Posted by peppermintpaddy on 29/7/2008 at 01:54

hi,anyone out there who has done pattaya to phnom penh?Is there a direct route/bus?thanx... ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,036 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by sirhalberd on 29/7/2008 at 03:06

postage service is this a good idea?

Posted by mick110971 on 24/7/2008 at 08:34

Hi all I am an Australian waiting in Australia for documents so i can apply for my visa to travel and work in China. I had planned to stop off in Thailand on the way through but due to the delays this may not happen. Would the following be safe to do 1 Fly to Thailand and wait for the document(AEL) to arrive (email) 2 Send all documents and passport through the mail to Embassy in Australia once form arrives. 3 Wait for visa passport etc to be sent back through mail to Thailand. will ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,994 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by sirhalberd on 24/7/2008 at 11:54

Charlie House Pinklao

Posted by pam80 on 24/7/2008 at 09:13

A warning to first timers in Bangkok, this small hotel advertises itself as central to all attractions and although it is clean and comfortable, central it is definitely not. It is situated down a grimy 500 metre alleyway off a busy road, and has a tuk-tuk with which guests are shuttled to and from to a nearby petrol station where the taxi's stop. But the main problem is getting back to the hotel from other parts of Bangkok after a day out - most taxis and tuk-tuks refuse to take one there excep ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,690 times, with no replies.

Thailand August/How to get around

Posted by cmz11 on 23/7/2008 at 11:15

Hi- I'm I just found this site and think its great how much useful information it has!! Anyways after doing some reading i'm still have some questions/concerns. I was thinking of traveling to Thailand for the month of august but was concerned because Of how much rain certain areas which I really want to visit receive ex: southern Gulf islands of Samui/Phangan/Tao, KO Phi Phi, Chiang Mai, and Krabi. I think this may be one of my only opportunities to go so don't want to pass it up, how ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,294 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 23/7/2008 at 17:01

Samui, good choice for vacation in thailand?

Posted by Flacha on 22/6/2008 at 22:00

Is Koh Samui good choice to travel in september ? This will be my first time in thailand with my wife. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,169 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by Flacha on 22/7/2008 at 14:02

Koh Yao Yai

Posted by ruzickaf on 21/7/2008 at 15:59

Hi everyone, I've been attending a diving course and it is divided to the two parts. First part runs in a classroom and in a swimming pool in Prague and the second one can be finished on the island Koh Yao Yai in Thailand (Elixir Resort). Has anyone ever been to this island? Which is the best connection between the Yao Yai island and Bangkok? Is it good choice weatherwise at the beginning of September? Thanks a lot. Filip, Czech Rep. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,828 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by tezza on 22/7/2008 at 13:09

Koh Lanta and Phi Phi - a few questions

Posted by clare84 on 8/7/2008 at 17:25

Hello, I'm new to the website and finding it really useful so far, so thought I would join in and ask a couple of questions! My boyfriend and I are planning a 17 night trip to Thailand late November-early December. I have been before but he hasn't, so I was thinking of starting off showing him Bangkok and surrounds (maybe Kanchanaburi if I have enough time as I love it) for 5 days or so. He is also keen to go to an island, I've been to Koh Tao, Koh Samui and Koh Pha Ngan so would like ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,307 times, with 10 replies. Last reply by travelrock on 22/7/2008 at 09:07

Where to book floating rafthouse Khao Sok

Posted by sansan on 20/7/2008 at 19:34

Hi there! I want to go to Khao Sok July the 25th and stay in a floating rafthouse without having to book a tour in advance. Anyone has some idea where to go or where to call? As all the guesthouses in the guides seem to be at the beginning of the park.. Thanx! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,963 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 21/7/2008 at 07:49

Backpacking alone in Thailand

Posted by ztezet on 13/7/2008 at 14:59

Hi, I'm from Indonesia, and I'm planning to do a backpacking trip from south of thailand all the way up to cambodia around mid december for about a month. I want to ask, will it be hard if I travel alone? will I be able to find a place to stay or a bus to take if I don't make any reservation before? Thanks before for your help. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,508 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by sirhalberd on 18/7/2008 at 20:07

Tourists: ignore the begging elephants in the cities and don't buy food please!

Posted by mistifarang on 18/7/2008 at 14:18

The begging elephants are getting in the street-scene of Bangkok (and other towns) again more and more common unfortunately. This abuse is against the Thai law but this law has not been enforced in a proper way. One of the reasons is that, when the authorities are coming into action the mahouts are getting besurk, going very far in that. The poor Elephants are suffering day-in-day-out under abnormal circumstances, sometimes they are not fed well resulting in food-poisening, stress of noises and ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,153 times, with no replies.

Koh Phangan Hotel / Bungalow reccommendations anyone?

Posted by chambers on 13/7/2008 at 14:05

going to thailand next week, Just wondering what hotels people thought were good value/location on koh phangan? particularly on hadd rin or somewhere very close. I've been told that the 'sunset' hotel/bungalows is a good choice. Just really after something cheap (1000 baht or less per night) with a decent location. a pool would be an added bonus! What have been some travelfish users' experiences and would anyone reccommend any specific hotels on Haad Rin or somewhere close? Also wondere ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,829 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by tezza on 16/7/2008 at 17:44

Equipment for hiking in northern Thailand

Posted by ruzickaf on 15/7/2008 at 14:40

Hi all, I'm gonna spend my vacantion in Thailand between Sep. 7 and Sep. 21 with my wife and I've decided I'd cover a trek to the mountains (Chiang Mai/ Chiang Rai surroundings) in northern Thailand in my plans. However, recently I deal with a question about outdoor equipment, such as appropriate shoes, clothing, backpack, gps and so on. I've read some travel guides (for example Rough Guides, Student Agency Travel Guide...) and the information are offen quite different and I'm a little confused ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,436 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 16/7/2008 at 09:33

East or West - December

Posted by mark1980 on 14/7/2008 at 23:37

Hi, We are finalising our trip and we will be in Thailand from the 5th December (2008) until the 7th January. We're planning on going up to Chang Mai and then coming back down to Bangkok for around the 20th December - our dilemma is whether to spend our time from this point onwards on Ko Phagnan and then moving towards the Western islands after Xmas OR to fly straight down to Krabi and stay around this area. Now the other dilemma is money! Things look rather expensive in Krabi compared t ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,082 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by tezza on 15/7/2008 at 09:22

Koh Samui - Lamai Inn99 - anyone know?

Posted by Flacha on 14/7/2008 at 14:33

Hi Anyone know this resort in Samui? Is this good ? any recomendations? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,823 times, with no replies.

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page