Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Phuket and Phi Phi noob

Posted by discoditto on 20/5/2008 at 18:51

any advise or tips or reading for a Phuket and phi phi noob? i'd prefer some life/nitelife minus the partying, like nightmarkets, shops, eateries etc, and don't really fancy bars and stuff. snorkelling is on my itinerary and also some beach exploring, underwater caves, island watching etc. leaving on the 29th may. how's the water for snorkelling during this time? thanks in advance! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,567 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by goo_stewart on 20/5/2008 at 20:20

Which island for arrival in early June?

Posted by newmmie on 19/5/2008 at 21:56

My friend and i are trying to figure out which island/beach area to go to in early June. We are into beautiful beaches and sunny weather, laid-back, fun nightlife (no full moon parties please) and some local flavor. We are both 30-something and looking to end our trip through Thailand, Laos and Cambodia on a relaxing and fun note without a frat party or honeymoon vibe. Would love to hear suggestions on location particularly given the season and the fact that we will likely be arriving via Phuket ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,080 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by tezza on 20/5/2008 at 13:20

Older tourists in Thailand?

Posted by daawgon on 14/5/2008 at 23:05

I want to see Thailand next Feb, but I'm not into the beach scene or a great deal of trekking. I want to see the country outside of Bangkok - where should I concentrate on? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,682 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by sirhalberd on 20/5/2008 at 04:08

Good Publications

Posted by vinu1982 on 19/5/2008 at 00:27

Hi I will be going backpacking in October for just over 3 months to Eastern China, Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia and Thailand. Possibly KL if I can squeeze it in. I've never gone backpacking and will be going by myself! I will be in China for just over 2 weeks so the bulk of my time will be in SE Asia. I'd be really grateful if anyone can recommend any good books that they've read before going away so they can get a good idea of the places to visit so I can have a rough itinery. Any help w ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,753 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by 2face on 20/5/2008 at 00:05

hostel vs. hotel in thailand (Bangkok, Chiang Mai)

Posted by yqiang on 9/5/2008 at 09:00

Hi everyone, 2 friends and I are going to be visiting Thailand in the first week of August this year. We're all really excited but there is one small caveat. I am rather adventurous and am really looking forward to staying in a hostel. My friend and his girlfriend however have reservations. They think a) It will be really hot and uncomfortable b) It will be unsafe (things will get stolen) I think they're probably right that it might not be the same experience as staying in a western styl ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,523 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by jchang on 19/5/2008 at 19:30

Question about Lanta

Posted by mrlithe on 17/5/2008 at 04:09

I'm thinking of going to Relax Bay on Ko Lanta this winter with a group and I'm looking for some budget options that are nearby (as it isn't that cheap). Something that would be walkable to Relax Bay. I've heard Nautilus and Lanta Marina Resort are close, is that true? Any suggestions? Thanks. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,190 times, with no replies.

Help needed

Posted by Antcull on 14/5/2008 at 17:28

OK....I need loads of advice. Im a total newb at travelling. I am visting SE Asia in August for 5 Weeks. In that time I would like to visit Thailand, Cambodia and Vietnam. Is this too much to fit in to 5 weeks? I am planning to start in Bangkok and make my way to Siem Reap. Is there anything to see between these two?? If so how long should I plan to get to Siem Reap from Bangkok. I want to visit Phonm Penh and make my way down to Ho Chi Minh City. I then plan to travel up the coast t ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,368 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by Antcull on 16/5/2008 at 23:51

Itinerary suggestions

Posted by qwertyjjj on 16/5/2008 at 23:29

Hi I am planning on getting into Bangkok from Tokyo and then trav elling around Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos. Can you please help with some suggestions for the itinerary? I need to be back in Thailand and down at Ko Pha Ngan for the full moon party on either 14 Oct or Nov 12 so don't know if that makes things more difficult. It was suggested that I fly to Bangkok from Tokyo as it would be easier to sort all the tours and stuff there (plus visas) rather than flying into Hanoi. Tokyo, Ja ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,531 times, with no replies.

Guesthouse recommendation near the Bangkok Hualamphong station.

Posted by jsmckelvey on 16/5/2008 at 21:30

Can anyone recommend a good guesthouse or hotel near the Bangkok Hualamphong station? Thanks in advance. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,693 times, with no replies.

Artist supplies in Bangkok or Chiang Mai

Posted by andrea73 on 8/5/2008 at 02:18

Hi there -- Traveling for six weeks through Thailand, Laos and Vietnam (leaving the US on May 19) for the first time. My partner is an artist (oil painter) and will need to pick up some supplies upon arrival in Bangkok - specifically mineral spirits/turpenoid (flammable, and can't be brought on a plane). Any ideas of stores in Bangkok that could provide this? We are also heading up to Chiang Mai shortly after arriving in Thailand, so tips for there would be good as well. We have some co ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,454 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by lukefig on 16/5/2008 at 18:59

Travelling from A to B, or A-Bangkok-B???

Posted by sansan on 16/5/2008 at 04:10

Hi there! I will be travelling with my 12yr old son in Thailand july/august for 31 days. I've planned the following itinerary: - Bangkok (3 days) - Khao Yai National Park (3 days) - Kanchanaburi (4 days) - Khao Sok National Park (3 days) - Ko Tao (at least 7 days) - Bangkok (3 days) I was wondering if it's possible to travel from place to place, or do we have to get back to Bangkok all the time? Does anyone have some good ideas? Thanks for your help if you have, cheers ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,119 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by packtoofull on 16/5/2008 at 04:17

Honeymoon in Thailand (info please)

Posted by arthurfi on 6/5/2008 at 09:55

Hi all, My fiancée and I are planning to travel to Thailand for our honeymoon from the end off November to the second week in December. We were planning on going to Ko Samui but my fiancée is now very worried about the weather in this area at that time off year. Has anyone here any experience of this area at the time off year we are planning our trip. Are we mad going to Ko Samui. It is our first time going to Thailand so should we maybe looking at a different part off the country. We b ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,771 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by khunwilko on 15/5/2008 at 14:46

Question about Friday night Muay Thai in CM...

Posted by urbal on 14/5/2008 at 18:12

At the Boxing stadium for the Friday night fights, how do I go about getting front-row seats? Do I need to show up early and buy reserved tickets, or is it general admission? Thanks...... ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,351 times, with no replies.

Thailand Itinerary and budget

Posted by CJHorn85 on 12/5/2008 at 20:06

Hey all, I will be travelling to SEA from mid-July to mid September (just under 2 1/2 months). I have posted on Lonely Planet forums, but this site appears to be the best of the best when it comes to SEA, so I thought I would try and get some opinions on here as well. Since this is the Thailand destination part, I thought I would stick to that, and post my itinerary up for the other countries in the relevant sections. Here is my planned itinerary: Chiang Mai - 6 days (that includes some ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,204 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by jchang on 13/5/2008 at 15:21

Help Wanted

Posted by mutmee on 13/5/2008 at 13:30

12th May 2008. We are Mut Mee Guest House in Nong Khai, North East Thailand. We are urgently looking for any travelers who would like to take a break for two months in their travels to help us here. We will look after you well and it's lots of fun here. We have space for two individuals, so do write to mutmee@mutmee.com and we will explain more. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,136 times, with no replies.

passport photos

Posted by barrylad66 on 9/5/2008 at 19:52

hi having just been to have my passport photos taken for my new passport and tourist visa i have i was taken aback at the price!!£4.20 for 4.. can i get photo's taken cheaper for all other loas vietnam cambodia visas when i arrive in thailand???? gratefull for any advice thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,584 times, with 8 replies. Last reply by khunwilko on 12/5/2008 at 09:11

Air Conditioning Needed on Islands during Summer?

Posted by Anderson85 on 11/5/2008 at 05:46

We are "temperate weather" inclined. Should we look for a bungalows with AC during June/July/August? Or, is the evening cool-off, daytime breeze and overhead fan sufficient? Thanks, Andy ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,534 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by khunwilko on 11/5/2008 at 18:25

hong kong->bangkok->chiang mai-> then?

Posted by Mr_Noob on 22/4/2008 at 15:18

Hi all, In may, i'll be travelling from paris to Hong Kong for business. Then, I intend to spend 15 days-off in the area before coming back to HK, then europe :) Here is what i've planned so far (i'll certainly travel by plane using bangkokair discovery airpass : 05/14 : Hong Kong (Shenzhen) -> Bangkok 05/17 : Bangkok -> Chiang Mai After that, i want to visit Laos but i'm hesitating between going to Luang Prabang or Vientiane from Chiang Mai : -> What would be the easiest way ? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,636 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by SBE on 10/5/2008 at 02:50

Beach in June?

Posted by michmich11 on 23/4/2008 at 22:32

We will be in Thailand in June and wanted to spend a few days on a Thai beach. We were considering going to the full moon party in Ko Pha Ngan but are reconsidering after this unappealing description: http://www.lonelyplanet.com/travelstories/podcast/thailand_full_moon_0607 Would you agree that the full moon party has basically turned into a big frat party? Is it worth going? What other beaches would you suggest visiting in June? Thanks, Michelle ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,332 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by 2face on 10/5/2008 at 01:06

Fastest way from Nong Khai to Aranyaprathet (leaving tomorrow!)

Posted by relf on 9/5/2008 at 09:13

hey all, is there a bus that goes from Nong Khai directly to Aranyaprathet...or do i have to go through Nakhon Ratchasima? What is the earliest bus from Nakhon Ratchasima to Aranyaprathet (planning on leaving tomorrow to get to the Thai/Cambodia border before noon) ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,217 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 9/5/2008 at 10:15

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page