Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Question about Friday night Muay Thai in CM...

Posted by urbal on 14/5/2008 at 18:12

At the Boxing stadium for the Friday night fights, how do I go about getting front-row seats? Do I need to show up early and buy reserved tickets, or is it general admission? Thanks...... ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,334 times, with no replies.

Thailand Itinerary and budget

Posted by CJHorn85 on 12/5/2008 at 20:06

Hey all, I will be travelling to SEA from mid-July to mid September (just under 2 1/2 months). I have posted on Lonely Planet forums, but this site appears to be the best of the best when it comes to SEA, so I thought I would try and get some opinions on here as well. Since this is the Thailand destination part, I thought I would stick to that, and post my itinerary up for the other countries in the relevant sections. Here is my planned itinerary: Chiang Mai - 6 days (that includes some ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,190 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by jchang on 13/5/2008 at 15:21

Help Wanted

Posted by mutmee on 13/5/2008 at 13:30

12th May 2008. We are Mut Mee Guest House in Nong Khai, North East Thailand. We are urgently looking for any travelers who would like to take a break for two months in their travels to help us here. We will look after you well and it's lots of fun here. We have space for two individuals, so do write to mutmee@mutmee.com and we will explain more. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,127 times, with no replies.

passport photos

Posted by barrylad66 on 9/5/2008 at 19:52

hi having just been to have my passport photos taken for my new passport and tourist visa i have i was taken aback at the price!!£4.20 for 4.. can i get photo's taken cheaper for all other loas vietnam cambodia visas when i arrive in thailand???? gratefull for any advice thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,534 times, with 8 replies. Last reply by khunwilko on 12/5/2008 at 09:11

Air Conditioning Needed on Islands during Summer?

Posted by Anderson85 on 11/5/2008 at 05:46

We are "temperate weather" inclined. Should we look for a bungalows with AC during June/July/August? Or, is the evening cool-off, daytime breeze and overhead fan sufficient? Thanks, Andy ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,521 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by khunwilko on 11/5/2008 at 18:25

hong kong->bangkok->chiang mai-> then?

Posted by Mr_Noob on 22/4/2008 at 15:18

Hi all, In may, i'll be travelling from paris to Hong Kong for business. Then, I intend to spend 15 days-off in the area before coming back to HK, then europe :) Here is what i've planned so far (i'll certainly travel by plane using bangkokair discovery airpass : 05/14 : Hong Kong (Shenzhen) -> Bangkok 05/17 : Bangkok -> Chiang Mai After that, i want to visit Laos but i'm hesitating between going to Luang Prabang or Vientiane from Chiang Mai : -> What would be the easiest way ? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,614 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by SBE on 10/5/2008 at 02:50

Beach in June?

Posted by michmich11 on 23/4/2008 at 22:32

We will be in Thailand in June and wanted to spend a few days on a Thai beach. We were considering going to the full moon party in Ko Pha Ngan but are reconsidering after this unappealing description: http://www.lonelyplanet.com/travelstories/podcast/thailand_full_moon_0607 Would you agree that the full moon party has basically turned into a big frat party? Is it worth going? What other beaches would you suggest visiting in June? Thanks, Michelle ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,321 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by 2face on 10/5/2008 at 01:06

Fastest way from Nong Khai to Aranyaprathet (leaving tomorrow!)

Posted by relf on 9/5/2008 at 09:13

hey all, is there a bus that goes from Nong Khai directly to Aranyaprathet...or do i have to go through Nakhon Ratchasima? What is the earliest bus from Nakhon Ratchasima to Aranyaprathet (planning on leaving tomorrow to get to the Thai/Cambodia border before noon) ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,193 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 9/5/2008 at 10:15

Best Way from Chang Mai to Phuket?

Posted by dirthead on 8/5/2008 at 15:18

Any way to avoid transfers in BK for this? We were going to overnight VIP bus to Chang Mai. Then thinking maybe overnight train back to BK and then decide if we transfer to bus or continue on with train. Love some suggestions! Todd ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,967 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by SBE on 8/5/2008 at 20:42

Where to stay for a month?

Posted by Anderson85 on 7/5/2008 at 04:36

We (father and two sons)are looking for a local in which to spend a month or more just living in Thailand and as a base to explore the surrounding area. We are on a moderate budget and we would like to rent a 3 bedroom self-contained house. We will be in Thailand June 23. We are partial to the ocean but not avid beach people. As long as its quiet (what I want), some night life nearby would be nice (21 and 17 year olds are part of group). We would appreciate any advice on locations, help wi ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,239 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by SBE on 8/5/2008 at 04:23

Bangkok - klong tours

Posted by liquefiedstars on 4/5/2008 at 20:25

What is a reasonable price I should bargain for for a klong tour around the canals? Also, I'm traveling alone so it's not so cost effective for me to hire out a long-tail boat by myself. Are there group tours of any sort? Many thanks. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,583 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by liquefiedstars on 7/5/2008 at 21:45

Phuket Airport to Krabi Airport

Posted by radd on 7/5/2008 at 05:00

Hi, I plan to stay in Krabi for a couple of nights but there aint any (cheap) flights from Singapore to Krabi. Does anyone know if there are any Aiport bus that could bring me from one airport to another. The reason why I rather go the Krabi Airport than town is because the hotel Im staying offer land transfer from Krabi Airport to the hotel only. Thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 8,283 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by tezza on 7/5/2008 at 11:37

Is 4 weeks enough

Posted by NEILEIO on 2/5/2008 at 19:18

im planing a trip starting in bangkok on to chaing mai over to laos and vietnam,cambodia,can anybody help me out,its my first time backpacking,any ideas on the best way to travel and what places to see and do i hav enough time to do it all in or should i just travel around 2 countrys,all comments will be a big help.cheers. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,759 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by NEILEIO on 6/5/2008 at 19:03

Help with itinerary and details

Posted by Halilee on 6/5/2008 at 04:06

Hey all! My hubby and I are going to Thailand for the first time in January for 13 days. I have a rather ambitious itinerary and just need to know if it's doable along with needing some tips, suggestions, and detail help. So, to start we arrive in Bangkok on Jan 9th at 11:55PM after a 30+ hr long flight. Now we plan on leaving the next day in late afternoon-ish for Chiang Mai but would like to do a 2 hour walking tour recommended in Thailand lonely planet book that covers the Grand temple an ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,470 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by Halilee on 6/5/2008 at 10:59

Long neck tribe

Posted by bjojan on 4/5/2008 at 05:55

We are a couple planning to visit Chiang Mai before we head over to Cambodia, and we would like to visit the long neck hill tribes. Have anyone any experience with this ? Any hints / tips about which tour company to use, and what trip to take ? Which tribe to visit ? Stay a night over or do everything from Chiang Mai ? We only want a daytrip to the village, no 2 or 3 days trek.. And we are on a budget so we are not the priciest alternatives if we can help it :-) Would love some feedback ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,027 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 5/5/2008 at 05:53

Month Traveling

Posted by crock on 3/5/2008 at 21:51

Hi I fly to BKK from Oz early June for 4 weeks backpacking I intend to go to the Full Moon 28th June and see my family in the Phuket area about 27th (they are moving about for 3 weeks) Any advise what 2 19 y/o lads (not yobs!)could do taking in as many places as possible and how (thought about BK to Chiang Mai by train at some pointseems a long journey bak to Phanang ? (sp) Any tips would be great thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,730 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by tezza on 4/5/2008 at 21:21

a confused dyslexic!!!!!! excuse the spelling

Posted by barrylad66 on 3/5/2008 at 16:18

having just booked my flight to bankok on 30th july,and talkng to there visa adviser i am more confused as ever(and the adviser a littl frustrated judging by the tone of her voice!!!) anyway here goe's will be arriving bkk on the 31st july..i have a 3 month time scale on the flight ticket with the oppertunoty to extend this free of charge for 12 months.my planned itinery is as follows...6 weeks thailand,4 weeks,loas,4 weeks,vietnam,then 4 weeks cambodia.will then cross back to thialnd and h ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,451 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by barrylad66 on 3/5/2008 at 22:22

weather

Posted by NEILEIO on 1/5/2008 at 22:09

hi everybody im new to the site,i am plaining a trip to thailand on 19th of august and heared that its the monsoon season,can anybody tell me how bad it is and places worst effected.cheers. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,446 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by NEILEIO on 2/5/2008 at 18:51

Advice on clothes

Posted by ColonelWallard on 2/5/2008 at 02:06

hi there!!! just a quick question. im traveling to south east asia for 3 months in two weeks time. ill be flying into bangkok and staying in the city for three nights. I dont plan on bringing much clothes with me as i plan to purchase all my clothes for my trip in bangkok. Where are the best shopping malls/spots for reasonably priced clothes in the city?????? thanks in advance.......... ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,739 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by Tilapia on 2/5/2008 at 04:51

Transfer from Phi Phi to Phuket????

Posted by germcmanus on 1/5/2008 at 06:07

Hi there. My girlfriend and I arrive on Phi Phi towards the end of May, my question is, we fly out of Phuket at 12.20pm on May 31st on to Hong Kong with Dragonair. I have been checking all ferry timetables and it seems no ferry will be leaving Phi Phi in time to get us safely to the airport, even 90 minutes before our flight. The earliest ferry I have seen is 9.00am from Phi Phi and it takes 1hr 30mins to get to Phuket and another 40 minutes(all going well) from the pier to the airport, bring ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,390 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by germcmanus on 2/5/2008 at 00:07

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page