Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Thailand in 2 weeks in August. Suggested itineraries?

Posted by Ramon187 on 28/6/2008 at 06:57

I'd rather spend my time truly exploring 2-4 locations, rather than running around, trying to see everything. Ideas? I'd appreciate any suggestions at all (destinations, sights, suggestions for travel within Thailand), as I know basically nothing about Thailand. Thank you VERY much. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,355 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by Ramon187 on 29/6/2008 at 02:19

Short trip near Bangkok

Posted by stroked11 on 15/5/2008 at 10:45

Hi Some friends and I are going to Thailand and Laos in June. However two of us arrive in Bangkok approximately 5 days before the others arrive and we all take a night train north to Laos. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions regarding a small trip the two of us could make for 3 or 4 days before heading back to Bangkok to catch our night train. We are on a fairly tight budget and werent sure if there were any destinations reasonably close by Bangkok that would be cool to visit. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,508 times, with 10 replies. Last reply by scomoore1 on 26/6/2008 at 19:58

Transit Visa (Thailand) with only one-way ticket to Bangkok

Posted by Conni on 20/6/2008 at 05:54

I will work for the WFP in Laos but plan to travel there via Bangkok as flights to Thailand are so much cheaper. From Bangkok I would take the train to Nong Khai, then the bus accross the border. All direct travel. I am German so technically I don't need a visa for stays shorter than a month. I could also get a transit visa, but that would not change my problem: I only booked a one-way ticket, and so far I have not found a way to pre-purchase tickets to Laos (did so for the train but not the bus ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 6,982 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by Conni on 26/6/2008 at 13:59

1 week to see Thailand

Posted by lannypeg on 24/6/2008 at 03:00

I have up to one week to spend in Thailand before moving onto Cambodia. I am not particularly adventurous whereas my husband is looking for elephant spotting and maybe jungle walking. We will fly into Bangkok but then I just don't know where to go. Somewhere where I could shop/ relax on a beach whilst my hubbie does something more adventurous would be perfect. We don't like really touristy resorts though. Can anybody make any suggestions?? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,398 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by Tilapia on 25/6/2008 at 03:21

Three Week Itinerary Suggestions

Posted by tlsaborido on 24/6/2008 at 09:32

Hello Everyone: My husband and I are in the process of planning a three week trip to SE Asia in January (approximately the 3rd to the 23rd). As of now our tentative itinerary looks something like this: Fly into Bangkok -- spend just enough time in Bangkok to get settled, showered, catch up on sleep, etc. (I am thinking about 2 days) before flying to Chang Mai. We plan to spend about three or four days in Chang Mai. Then we would like to rent a motorbike and spend about five days ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,916 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by Tilapia on 25/6/2008 at 00:56

Best Island/ Beach to visit in July?

Posted by jeanick on 24/6/2008 at 03:58

Hi there, I'm planning to go for 3 days to one of the Thai beaches or Islands near Bangkok. Which is the best bet if i want a place to relax and enjoy the beach. Thanks so much for your advice! Jeanick ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 8,808 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by tezza on 24/6/2008 at 10:10

good island in july

Posted by itchyfeet72 on 22/6/2008 at 22:40

hi all will be back in thailand beginning of july to sort indian visa(does anyone have the adress) also want to relax for 10 days on an island pref near bkk anyone any good suggestions and what will the weather be like around this time thanx ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,751 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by SBE on 23/6/2008 at 13:45

Bangkok to Koh Phanagn by train & boat?

Posted by hayleyj on 22/6/2008 at 02:59

Hi! I was hoping for some advice on traveling down to Ko Phagnan from Bangkok in July. Was thinking to take the sleeper train and boat and heard that you can get combined tickets for this? How do I go about getting a ticket? Do I need to pre book before I get there or do you buy tickets at the station? Thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,383 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by hayleyj on 23/6/2008 at 03:51

How can a make a booking of the New My House Guesthouse??

Posted by JotaR on 17/6/2008 at 16:30

I'm planning to go to BKK in Sept and trying to find Hostels.. I frined of mine recomended this one: My House.. looking at the reviews on this page i thought it would be a great option. Not too big, not too crowded and superb price. But I can't find a link or something like it to make a booking or at least check for avaliablity. If any one could help it would be great!! Thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,834 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 19/6/2008 at 18:06

Koh Samui - weather in september

Posted by Flacha on 18/6/2008 at 17:24

What weather is in september in samui? I read i some www that in september when in other taihland regions is lot of rain then in koh samui is better and more sun days. Is this true?? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,718 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by tezza on 19/6/2008 at 15:45

Flights to Bangkok

Posted by anya_lukover on 17/6/2008 at 16:32

My friend has found a very reasonable direct flight to Bangkok in August but it's with an airline we haven't heard of - Eva Air. Have you heard anything about this airlines, and do you think it's ok to use them or would you advise to pay a few hundred more pounds for a more recognised name? Thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,510 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by ChangFai on 18/6/2008 at 00:28

Day trip from Ko Samui?

Posted by michmich11 on 16/6/2008 at 21:26

Hi, I was wondering if it is possible and/or worthwhile to do a day trip from Samui to Ko Pha Ngan? How long does it take to get from one to the other? Assuming that is doable, would you recommend going to Ko Pha Ngan or alternatively going to Ang Thong National Marine Park? Thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,836 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by tezza on 17/6/2008 at 10:41

Koh Samui August/September

Posted by Flacha on 16/6/2008 at 14:13

Hi I'm looking for some cheap ang good resort in lamai beach on samui island. I prefer bungalow with A/C for two people. This is my first time in thailand with my wife. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,523 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by Flacha on 16/6/2008 at 19:07

Koh Chang to Hat Lek

Posted by swag on 16/6/2008 at 10:51

Hi all,a couple of questions on the above subject.Can you arrange a speedboat to do this trip or do you have to head back via Trat. I was on Koh Chang in March 06 and after speaking to a couple of travel agents it seemed most minibuses were heading from the island direct to the airport.We were also quoted prices upwards of 2,000 thb to get to Trat by our own minivan. As we are heading to Cambodia there must be a cheaper way of doing this leg to head to Sihanoukville. Regards ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,679 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 16/6/2008 at 17:12

Help: info re: bus/taxi from Khaolak to Chumphon to take boat to Ko Tao?

Posted by jhe1945 on 16/6/2008 at 02:19

Is there an easy way (or any way) to cross the penninsula from Khaolak or the area near Phang-Nga natl part over to any town (Chumphon or any more southern town) so we can take a boat to Ka Tao. we are going July 22-july 29. thanks so much ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,893 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 16/6/2008 at 16:56

best island in september???

Posted by luna86 on 14/6/2008 at 19:15

off to thailand in september wondering which island would have the best weather at that time?...looking for a lush beach to chill on..... ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,390 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by tezza on 15/6/2008 at 10:03

Ko Tao

Posted by gijsvanpelt on 13/6/2008 at 19:02

Hi To start with, very nice and informative site!! I am planning to finish my trip through thailand by hitting one of the thai islands. this for about 8 days, dont want to do too much of hopping btween islands, and ko tao will be my preference. Will 8 days be to much for a small island like tao, or will there be plenty to do, have diving plans as well. And you know any nice resorts there, don't mind if it's a bit upscale, as long price and quility equalls. THANX ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,986 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by gijsvanpelt on 14/6/2008 at 21:00

Transport from Perhentians to Krabi?

Posted by smithjo3 on 11/6/2008 at 05:55

Can someone help me in determining the best way to travel from the Pulau Perhentian Islands to Krabi? I've heard to avoid Sungai Kolok, although this looks like a critical train stop along this path. Someone mentioned a westerly route, but I'm unable to find much information on it. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,749 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by tezza on 14/6/2008 at 11:30

Ko Samet or Ko Tao

Posted by BernH on 12/6/2008 at 09:10

Hi, I'm flying into Bangkok at 10pm on Friday 4th July and flying out again at midday on Friday 11th July. I really just want to relax on the beach so was planning to head down to Ko Samet. I'm now worried Samet will be very busy & crowded so wondering if i would be better off travelling down to to Ko Tao instead? Any suggestions from experienced travellers would be grately appreciated? Cheers Bernadette ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,745 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by tezza on 14/6/2008 at 11:18

Krabi Airport to Phi Phi

Posted by deity on 13/6/2008 at 11:16

I'm traveling to Phi Phi and I want to find out how to get to the pier from Krabi airport? Any help? How much should I expect for the transportation? Do I have to book in advance? same with the Ferry to Phi Phi Island. thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,448 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by tezza on 14/6/2008 at 10:31

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page