Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Thailand to Cambodia to Laos

Posted by Layabout on 15/4/2008 at 21:17

I've been to Thailand a few times but never tried backpacking so this is my plan to fly to Bangkok then bus or train to Cambodia, visit Siem Reap, then back to Bangkok, train to Nong Khai cross into Vientiene, bus to Luang Prabang and boat trip up Mekong to Thailand,head to Chiang Mai and train back to Bangkok. I have about 3 weeks to do this in and spend a few days in each place. So I am seaking advice about travel and accomodation along the way. Thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,765 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by Layabout on 12/6/2008 at 20:19

Chiang Mai to Bangkok

Posted by Brisbod on 9/6/2008 at 17:47

I would really appreciate some advice on a leg of our holiday in October. We will be flying to Chiang Mai for a few days from Laos and then want to make our way down to Bangkok. Thinking about stopping in Ayuthaya for a night and then want to spend time at River Kwai and the Tiger Temple. Need to know firstly if it is worth seeing Ayuthaya, bearing in mind we will also be spending time at Siem Reap. If so, what's the best transport option from Chiang Mai - should we train it to Ayuthaya, stay ov ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,721 times, with 9 replies. Last reply by Brisbod on 11/6/2008 at 20:18

Surat Thani (SW Thailand) - Singapore by train

Posted by tinamars2000 on 21/2/2008 at 02:22

Read the full post.

Viewed 6,133 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by tchek on 11/6/2008 at 19:24

Thai Air: JFK to BKK canceled after July 1 - is this true?

Posted by thegrailer on 4/6/2008 at 21:06

I've read on a couple different frequent flier chat boards that the Thai Air direct flight from JFK to BKK will be canceled after July 1, 20008 - does anyone have information about this? Is it true? Thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,256 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by daawgon on 11/6/2008 at 10:38

Posted by Ikkersheim on 10/6/2008 at 18:00

Hi all, I will be traveling in a week time with my kids, 15 and 17, they want to try diving. Has anyone a tip for as reliable and payable diving school on Koh Samui or Koh Tao? Thanks, Donald ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,255 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by swag on 11/6/2008 at 08:47

help! Chiang Mai - Bangkok train?

Posted by sputnik0 on 10/6/2008 at 09:09

I read all about traveling to Chiang Mai from Bangkok on the recent travelfish post and went to the website that Somtam2000 posted. We decided to take the sleeper train to Chiang Mai and fly back. So I went to the website to purchase the tickets but upon confirmation of payment, the total was listed as 244.78 DOLLARS for three people! Is this right? It doesn't seem right as the seat61 website said it would be 21 dollars for the second class sleeper. What ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,117 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by Tilapia on 11/6/2008 at 04:48

Chang Mai - Trek - Help please

Posted by meabhd on 10/6/2008 at 17:44

Hi there, We (a group of 3 girls in there 20's) plan on being in Chang Mai in early/mid July. We will be traveling from Bangkok. We would like to do a trek in Chang Mai and was hoping on any recommendations of trek organisers etc as have heard some dodgy stories - any help appreciated! Thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,170 times, with no replies.

Ayutthaya to Khao Yai

Posted by rosandjohn on 6/6/2008 at 18:26

I'd like to get from Ayutthaya to visit Khao Yai National Park and then pick up a bus or train to Aranya Prathet. Is it best to go via Pak Chong to the north or Prachin Buri to the south? Transport ideas would be helpful, also a place to stay to visit KYNP with a guided tour. Many thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 7,091 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by Tilapia on 8/6/2008 at 00:44

Bangkok to Singapore route

Posted by craigwatson on 5/6/2008 at 15:25

Hi, me and two friends were planning on overlanding from Bangkok to Singapore in July. We have three weeks and around £500-600 to spend and would appreciate any advice on what would be a good route to take. We were originally planning on heading into Laos for a couple of days from Bangkok but having looked into it it doesn't seem worth the travelling time etc. We are completely open minded so would appreciate any suggestions that would fit into 3 weeks and see what in your opinion are the highl ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,452 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by Tilapia on 6/6/2008 at 15:45

Weather in May/June

Posted by CharFlorica on 6/6/2008 at 04:00

Hello, I am looking at planning a trip to Thailand, Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam for May-June 2009. I am unable to travel during the dry season (as I am in school). Is the wet season going to be too much of a problem? Is there a "best" place to start traveling to avoid extremely rainy weather? Thank you! Charlie ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,306 times, with no replies.

Here's a few questions

Posted by michmich11 on 4/6/2008 at 12:36

1. What is the best way to get from Bangkok to Ayutthaya? Train? Van? 2. What is the best way to get from Kaho San Road to Hualamphong Station? How long does this take? Cost? 3. How does one get from Hualamphong to the airport? How long does this take? Cost? Thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,438 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by michmich11 on 5/6/2008 at 20:22

ko phi phi

Posted by sammacaster on 5/6/2008 at 08:56

thanks travel fish for putting me off going to phi phi...for christs sake what is it with all you traveling jurno's.. if it aint paradise that no one else has found other than you and your crusty mates then it aint worth it....i hate all your pompose views and i hate this "traveler" mentality, non of you are gonna find paradise its all been done and seen and thats the way of the world! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,857 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 5/6/2008 at 18:57

Taking Buddha Statues out of Thailand

Posted by chaytiong on 3/6/2008 at 10:27

hi all, as the topic states, are there any policies against taking out statues, even newly purchased ones with receipt as proof and passing through customs or placing it in cargo? btw, i will be in Bangkok in August and would like to meet up with some of you then. I am going to purchase some new Buddha statues in Bamrung Muang Road, Bangkok. any of you here could provide some guide around would be much appreciated cheers! chaytiong ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,105 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by Tilapia on 4/6/2008 at 19:36

advice/recommendations for young adults on southern islands

Posted by chambers on 3/6/2008 at 02:20

Hi there. me and my best mate are going to southern thailand for 3 weeks and we were after some advice as to where we should go/stay. We're both 22 years old (australians), and we were keen to go where other younger tourists would be, whilst having nice scenery/beaches so we can just lay on the beach all day with some partying at nights. ( we don't ask for much do we :D ? ) We are going from late july to mid august so we wondered which side of the coast would be better to stay on this time o ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,718 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 3/6/2008 at 07:10

Chiang Mai to Chiang Khong to Laos

Posted by andrea73 on 1/6/2008 at 10:12

Hey there - I want to catch the slow boat this week to LP, but would like suggestions regarding fastest/best way(operator suggestions?) to get from CM to the border. Ideally, I'd like to do this without staying a night in CK or Huay this realistic? I'd like to catch the slow boat on Tuesday or Wednesday if possible. Thanks for the help!!! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,304 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 2/6/2008 at 14:17

island / beach in September?

Posted by dseckel on 30/5/2008 at 01:49

Which is the best island / beach to visit for 4-5 days in early September (tail end of monsoon season)? crystal water / white sand / stuff to do ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,164 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by dseckel on 30/5/2008 at 20:10

canadian travellin to thailand from taiwan

Posted by shaenna on 14/4/2008 at 23:32

Im visiting my brother who lives in Taiwan and was thinking of flying to Thailand for a week. But i would be this a safe thing to do? Is it easy to meet other foreigners there or perhaps a place to meet people heading that way BEFORE I go? lol. I heard Khao San Rd is the place to go, any suggestions?? Anyone heading to Thailand soon.... ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,920 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by 2face on 30/5/2008 at 14:57

Spas on Ko Tao

Posted by LLLUCY on 1/5/2008 at 22:18

Hi, I see on travelfish that there are several spas mentioned but not listed. Does anyone know of a good not too costly spa there? Thanks LLLcuy ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,392 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by cybervlad on 27/5/2008 at 14:46

Best place to get open water diving - Koh Phi phi?

Posted by janujanu on 18/5/2008 at 20:05

I want to get my open waters diving certification. I was thinking of heading towards Phi phi as I've already been to Koh Tao last year. Does anyone recommend any other place in the area for diving?? I'm looking for a place where I can chill out for 4-5 days, where I can find good diving centers and not be be too isolated as I'm traveliing solo and would like to meet other travellers. Cheers. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,718 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by cybervlad on 27/5/2008 at 14:33

Diving in July

Posted by autumnleaves on 22/5/2008 at 11:58

Hi All I'd very much like to do some scuba diving while I'm in Thailand in July and August. Is this possible at all with the monsoon rains? I was thinking of going to Ko Lanta. Can you please tell me where, if anywhere, I could scuba dive at this time, and what Ko Lanta (and all the west side) is like at this time of year? Can you still do things or does it rain all the time? Thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,594 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by cybervlad on 27/5/2008 at 14:18

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page