Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

canadian travellin to thailand from taiwan

Posted by shaenna on 14/4/2008 at 23:32

Im visiting my brother who lives in Taiwan and was thinking of flying to Thailand for a week. But i would be alone...is this a safe thing to do? Is it easy to meet other foreigners there or perhaps a place to meet people heading that way BEFORE I go? lol. I heard Khao San Rd is the place to go, any suggestions?? Anyone heading to Thailand soon.... ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,926 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by 2face on 30/5/2008 at 14:57

Spas on Ko Tao

Posted by LLLUCY on 1/5/2008 at 22:18

Hi, I see on travelfish that there are several spas mentioned but not listed. Does anyone know of a good not too costly spa there? Thanks LLLcuy ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,399 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by cybervlad on 27/5/2008 at 14:46

Best place to get open water diving - Koh Phi phi?

Posted by janujanu on 18/5/2008 at 20:05

I want to get my open waters diving certification. I was thinking of heading towards Phi phi as I've already been to Koh Tao last year. Does anyone recommend any other place in the area for diving?? I'm looking for a place where I can chill out for 4-5 days, where I can find good diving centers and not be be too isolated as I'm traveliing solo and would like to meet other travellers. Cheers. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,735 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by cybervlad on 27/5/2008 at 14:33

Diving in July

Posted by autumnleaves on 22/5/2008 at 11:58

Hi All I'd very much like to do some scuba diving while I'm in Thailand in July and August. Is this possible at all with the monsoon rains? I was thinking of going to Ko Lanta. Can you please tell me where, if anywhere, I could scuba dive at this time, and what Ko Lanta (and all the west side) is like at this time of year? Can you still do things or does it rain all the time? Thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,602 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by cybervlad on 27/5/2008 at 14:18

Bangkok for beginners?

Posted by susiq on 23/5/2008 at 06:19

I was just after some advice for novice travelers heading for Bangkok next week.A friend and I are headed there for 8 days for dental work(aust prices are beyond our pockets) and im starting to worry that we are going to spend all our free time holed up in a hotel room:(..I keep getting told that its a dirty dangerous city with not much to offer..Im sure there must be many exotic delights 2 excited travelers can safely enjoy??? Already from this site , learning about the sign up desk for taxis ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,101 times, with 8 replies. Last reply by susiq on 27/5/2008 at 07:44

What is it with the three person rule in hotels

Posted by gfong on 26/5/2008 at 08:29

I have been trying to book a room over the internet for my family of four but I keep encountering this situation where they will only take three people per room. Is this a hard and fast rule? This is not economical and besides I don't feel comfortable leaving my daughters in a separate room. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,168 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by sirhalberd on 26/5/2008 at 20:57

How do I get from the airport in Bangkok to the Bus Station?

Posted by LizzieR on 26/3/2008 at 20:47

Hi, I am hoping to visit Thailand in Jan 2009 so planning early! I need to travel from Bangkok to Kanchanaburi but do not want to stay overnight in Bangkok. I have been told I can bet a bus from the Southern Bus Terminal to Kanchanaburi but how easy is it to get to the Bus Terminal? Help!! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 6,167 times, with 13 replies. Last reply by emielvl on 26/5/2008 at 20:52

Ban Saphan to Ranong

Posted by redbride on 21/5/2008 at 23:01

What's the best way to get from Ban Saphan to Ranong? Minibus, bus? How long would this journey take? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,356 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by khunwilko on 24/5/2008 at 23:41

SE Asia itinerary...

Posted by michmich11 on 13/5/2008 at 09:58

6/12--Arrive BKK 6/13-6/14 BKK 6/15--Day trip from BKK (TBA--suggestions?) 6/16-6/18 Siem Reap (not sure if we will fly or bus) 6/19-6/21 Luang Prabang (flight) 6/22-6/24 Vang Vieng 6/25-Leave Vang Vieng via Vientiane to Udon Thani to plane to BKK 6/26-6/29 Ko Samui 6/30-BKK 7/1-Return to NY Planning on using Bangkok Airways Discovery Pass for some portion of the travel. Is this itinerary doable? Missing anything? Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated! Thanks. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,391 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by michmich11 on 23/5/2008 at 05:22

flights to india

Posted by itchyfeet72 on 21/5/2008 at 20:46

hi gonna be back in thailand at the beginning of july for a couple of weeks to sort visa for india and maybe catch a bit of sun so basically have a couple of questions firstly whats the weather likely to be like on koh chang(the bigger one) also does anyone know of any cheap airlines that fly from bkk-delhi (thinking i need to book it first before i get to thailand-onward ticket n all that!)also not really a thailand question but does anyone know if you need an onward ticket for india cheers ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,485 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by 2face on 22/5/2008 at 05:28

Krabi or Phi Phi?

Posted by Halilee on 19/5/2008 at 04:03

So, doing lots of research and am having difficulty in chosing the beach part of our vacation. I was finally decided upon Phi Phi staying on Long Beach, but it sounds like the accomodations on that beach aren't the greatest ( going by traveller reviews). We were also considering staying at Railay West in Krabi. We want nice swimmable water with a great beach. Snorkelling off the beach is a big bonus, but not totally necessary if it's nearby. Good accomodations, good restaurant choices, some shop ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,740 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by Halilee on 21/5/2008 at 07:17

SE Asia- 6.5 weeks

Posted by alexr on 20/5/2008 at 04:56

Hi, I wasn't sure which part of the forum to write on but thought this would be a good place to start! Myself and some friends are planning a round the world trip starting with SE Asia. We arrive in Bangkok in the morning of the 27th August. We leave Bangkok on the 10th October so that gives us 44 days to do Thailand, Laos, Vietnam and Cambodia. I have roughly allocated 2.5 weeks to do some of the thai islands and then up to Chiang Mai. Then 1 week for Laos (we are thinking main spots of L ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,484 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by alexr on 21/5/2008 at 05:40

Phuket and other islands weather

Posted by CJHorn85 on 20/5/2008 at 23:00

Hey all, I'm travelling to Thailand from the beginning of September for 3 weeks. What is the weather like around this time for the islands? I'm thinking Phuket, but any of the others as well. Is there a lot of rain around here at this time of year? Just wondering before I consider booking any flights. Don't want to get there, and find I can't do anything cause its raining all the time. Cheers Chris ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,386 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by SBE on 21/5/2008 at 00:51

Phuket and Phi Phi noob

Posted by discoditto on 20/5/2008 at 18:51

any advise or tips or reading for a Phuket and phi phi noob? i'd prefer some life/nitelife minus the partying, like nightmarkets, shops, eateries etc, and don't really fancy bars and stuff. snorkelling is on my itinerary and also some beach exploring, underwater caves, island watching etc. leaving on the 29th may. how's the water for snorkelling during this time? thanks in advance! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,582 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by goo_stewart on 20/5/2008 at 20:20

Which island for arrival in early June?

Posted by newmmie on 19/5/2008 at 21:56

My friend and i are trying to figure out which island/beach area to go to in early June. We are into beautiful beaches and sunny weather, laid-back, fun nightlife (no full moon parties please) and some local flavor. We are both 30-something and looking to end our trip through Thailand, Laos and Cambodia on a relaxing and fun note without a frat party or honeymoon vibe. Would love to hear suggestions on location particularly given the season and the fact that we will likely be arriving via Phuket ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,102 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by tezza on 20/5/2008 at 13:20

Older tourists in Thailand?

Posted by daawgon on 14/5/2008 at 23:05

I want to see Thailand next Feb, but I'm not into the beach scene or a great deal of trekking. I want to see the country outside of Bangkok - where should I concentrate on? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,708 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by sirhalberd on 20/5/2008 at 04:08

Good Publications

Posted by vinu1982 on 19/5/2008 at 00:27

Hi I will be going backpacking in October for just over 3 months to Eastern China, Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia and Thailand. Possibly KL if I can squeeze it in. I've never gone backpacking and will be going by myself! I will be in China for just over 2 weeks so the bulk of my time will be in SE Asia. I'd be really grateful if anyone can recommend any good books that they've read before going away so they can get a good idea of the places to visit so I can have a rough itinery. Any help w ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,778 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by 2face on 20/5/2008 at 00:05

hostel vs. hotel in thailand (Bangkok, Chiang Mai)

Posted by yqiang on 9/5/2008 at 09:00

Hi everyone, 2 friends and I are going to be visiting Thailand in the first week of August this year. We're all really excited but there is one small caveat. I am rather adventurous and am really looking forward to staying in a hostel. My friend and his girlfriend however have reservations. They think a) It will be really hot and uncomfortable b) It will be unsafe (things will get stolen) I think they're probably right that it might not be the same experience as staying in a western styl ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,576 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by jchang on 19/5/2008 at 19:30

Question about Lanta

Posted by mrlithe on 17/5/2008 at 04:09

I'm thinking of going to Relax Bay on Ko Lanta this winter with a group and I'm looking for some budget options that are nearby (as it isn't that cheap). Something that would be walkable to Relax Bay. I've heard Nautilus and Lanta Marina Resort are close, is that true? Any suggestions? Thanks. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,210 times, with no replies.

Help needed

Posted by Antcull on 14/5/2008 at 17:28

OK....I need loads of advice. Im a total newb at travelling. I am visting SE Asia in August for 5 Weeks. In that time I would like to visit Thailand, Cambodia and Vietnam. Is this too much to fit in to 5 weeks? I am planning to start in Bangkok and make my way to Siem Reap. Is there anything to see between these two?? If so how long should I plan to get to Siem Reap from Bangkok. I want to visit Phonm Penh and make my way down to Ho Chi Minh City. I then plan to travel up the coast t ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,387 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by Antcull on 16/5/2008 at 23:51

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page