Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Alternative health spas for weight GAIN

Posted by insearchofsunrise on 4/4/2008 at 05:09

Hi Everyone, I've been searching desperately for holistic centers that offer weight GAIN/fitness therapies (anywhere in S.E. Asia) Most of the ones I've come across offer fasting/detox weight loss. I would REALLY appreciate links to any holistic centers that offer nutritional counseling, cooking classes, weight training, yoga, meditation etc... Thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,472 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by sirhalberd on 6/4/2008 at 11:38

Koh Yao Noi

Posted by caspersphilly on 2/4/2008 at 00:36

Has anyone been to Koh Yao Noi and done a home stay? Is it a nice island . Quiet, nice beach? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,851 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by tezza on 4/4/2008 at 18:21

Surin Beach to Khao Lak

Posted by sandinelau on 8/3/2008 at 20:54

What is the best way to get to Khao Lak from Surin Beach? Does anyone know how long a taxi ride would be and that the approx cost would be? Is it best to book a transfer through my hotel? Quoted 3500 TBH Thank you ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,438 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by tezza on 4/4/2008 at 18:15

Please help with our Thailand planning

Posted by mark1980 on 25/3/2008 at 21:19

Hi, Please can you offer us some advice. We are travelling Thailand backpacking and intend to take the following itinery but as its peak season we want to know what we should think about booking ahead and whether we can just turn up at some places and get cheap/basic accommodation, we plan to take the following route (this year); Chang Mai - 5-10 Dec (Fly back to Bangkok) Bangkok - 11-15 Dec (Fly to Krabi) Tonsai - 16-20 Dec Phuket - 21-22 Dec Phi Phi - 23-27 Dec Lanta - 28-29 Dec Lipe ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,678 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by tezza on 4/4/2008 at 18:04

Ko Phayam Revisited

Posted by tezza on 4/4/2008 at 12:33

I couldn’t get a bus from Khao Lak to Bangkok one night late this January. So I went to Plan B and jumped a 2nd class to Ranong to revisit Ko Phayam. Pretty good Plan B. Kiwi Guesthouse adjacent the bus-station at Ranong is a nice quiet clean place with slightly exxy rooms (250baht), cheap internet, good food and new friendly/efficient local management - just the thing when you bail out of a bus past midnight. They gave me a 50baht lift to the pier next morning for the horrendously slow fe ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 6,254 times, with no replies.

Bangkok hotels--suggestions please!!!

Posted by anmi212 on 2/4/2008 at 21:25

Hi all- I'm looking for a nice but affordable hotel in the Kho san/rambruttri area with an outdoor pool. Am thinking something in the $60-$85 USD range (although less is good too :-)). Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!!!! --A ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,237 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 3/4/2008 at 05:26

Can I see it all in 2 weeks?

Posted by lposten on 5/3/2008 at 02:48

Hi all: I'm new to the blog thing and it seems to be so helpful. My boyfriend and I are taking a trip in June-July to SE Asia and we wanted to spend 2 weeks total seeing Thailand and Cambodia. Budget matters so we were planning on taking the bus/taxi route to Siep Riep which takes about a day to get there and another day to get back. I would like to spend 2-3 days in Siem Riep. I would also like to see Northern & Southern Thailand. Is this too much for too short a time? I dont mind taki ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,923 times, with 11 replies. Last reply by Jon_Mak_Mak on 2/4/2008 at 23:28

Nai Ya Beach Bungalows and Yu Nui Bungalows at Yu Nui, Phuket

Posted by Jantzen on 2/4/2008 at 16:58

Hi there Does anyone have an adress, link or telephone number of the Yu Nui Bungalows, for booking, that is reviewed under the Yu Nui section on Phuket areas? Regards Cathrine Jantzen ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,126 times, with no replies.

Looking for hotel/guest houses North Thailand

Posted by henricartier on 16/3/2008 at 21:52

Any helpful tips on guest houses or hotels from anyone who has recently stayed in Northern Thailand (Chiang Mai/ Phayao ) would be gratefully received. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,027 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by myrhmaid on 2/4/2008 at 14:09

Look for good tour

Posted by caspersphilly on 31/3/2008 at 08:52

We will be in Thailand in December. We would like to to a jungle safari for a few days. Can anyone suggest one. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,681 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by sirhalberd on 1/4/2008 at 03:23

Accommodation between Pai and Mae Hong Son

Posted by 73Chip on 1/3/2008 at 12:26

Just wanted to mention a wonderful guesthouse/bungalows in the Shan village of Mae Lana in between Pai and Mae Hong Son: Mae Lana Garden Home. If you're looking for a truly authentic, hilltribe experience, you couldn't do better. Khun Ampha speaks quite good English (the only person in the village who does!) and is super friendly and helpful. She also runs the village's main provisions store/bar. A beautiful, peaceful spot just 6 km from the 1095 road, about an hour and a half by motorcycle from ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,366 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by marhas on 30/3/2008 at 05:21

its all about pai and laos

Posted by itchyfeet72 on 22/3/2008 at 21:07

a couple of questions really does any one know of a goverment/tourist bus running from sukhothai to pai been on the goverment transport website but cant find any info - also once in pai how easy is it to get to the laos border crossing(slow boat)im thinking theres probably a tourist bus that runs??? any help would be greatly appreciated ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,359 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by marhas on 30/3/2008 at 05:11

staying in Ao Nang Hat Nopparat Thara beach.

Posted by visuus on 23/3/2008 at 19:04

Can any one give me a suggestion where we (2 people) can stay for a longer time, say about 3 months, in a house, bungalow or something like that. Near or on the beach. But with the possibility of "cooking", that means a small kitchen for making a tea or coffee and for a small meal( eating out 3 months is not always nice. ) Further, I would like to know how it works with renting scooters. Some people say that you have no insurrance and others say you can have. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,604 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by visuus on 29/3/2008 at 00:04

South Thailand to East Coast Malaysia - any other ideas?

Posted by goodquestion on 28/3/2008 at 18:49

I originally intended to head down in May on the train in Thailand all the way to Sungai Kolok to cross into Malaysia. I want to be on the East coast of Malaysia to explore Taman Negara and the Jungle Railway before doing a few islands on that side however at first I thought "oh it'll be fine" but the more I read and the government warning of all but essential travel to the province of Narathiwat Im not so sure. I dont want to waste time going the long way round, particularly as its going to ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,526 times, with no replies.

Bangkok Airport: luggage storage?

Posted by ajinasia on 22/3/2008 at 21:15

Does anyone know if there's a storage facility / locker where I can store by huge backpack for a couple of days? If so, where is it and how much does it cost? I'm going to be in BKK for a 2-day stopover this week and would rather go into town with my smaller bag only. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 6,785 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by ajinasia on 24/3/2008 at 07:05

Thailand loves Tourists ?

Posted by henricartier on 21/3/2008 at 22:05

Any current information on your stay in Chiang Mai and Phayao City, bus frequency, cost, between the two cities is needed before I arrive there in early April. I'm planning a few days in Chiang Mai (direct flight in)and then head off to Phayao City. If anyone is in this area now, or will be there soon or has recently stayed in these cities, any comments about your stay will be welcome ! I have no plans to do or see anything specific except to have a decent break for 2 months - and acquaint myse ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,656 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by Jon_Mak_Mak on 24/3/2008 at 04:44

Thailand in November

Posted by dobdobs on 27/2/2008 at 17:11

I am going to Thailand in November and am planning 2 days in Bangkok before flying to Chang Mai to hopefully do a cookery course and a trek. I am then thinking of flying down to Phuket. I was hoping to get some recommendations for places to stay and things to do. In particular I am worried about Phuket/Phi Phi - are there quiet places that are not so touristy? Or would it be better to go elsewhere? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,706 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by mikethediver on 23/3/2008 at 19:12

Jeans & batteries in Bangkok?

Posted by ajinasia on 16/3/2008 at 16:18

I have a 1-1/2 day stopover in BKK end of the month and I need to find the following.. suggestions anyone? 1. Jeans. Well-made. With lycra / spandex. Reasonably priced. (I'm staying in the KSR area but can go to Siam or MBK if that's where the best deals are) 2. Batteries. I need to get a huge pack of good quality batteries, since I decided against shlepping around with a recharger and I've had some bad luck with 3rd rate (read: unusable) batteries that I bought in Laos & Vietnam. Also, ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,109 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by ajinasia on 21/3/2008 at 18:23

Chiang Khong to Bangkok

Posted by shanghai306 on 18/3/2008 at 21:47

Hi there. I'm looking for some information regarding transportation from Chiang Khong to Bangkok. We'll be going up the Mekong from Luang Prabang to Huay Xai, and then making the border crossing over to Chiang Khong. Our concern is what time we'll arrive in Chiang Khong, ie will the border still be open. And if we get into Chiang Khong, will there be enough time to catch a bus down to Bangkok? Or will we have to stay the night there? Or maybe head to Chiang Rai for better night life? Any thou ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,546 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 20/3/2008 at 08:36

Phi Phi Island

Posted by lorna1hamilton on 10/3/2008 at 18:23

Looking for a really nice place to stay in Phi Phi, somewhere away from the crowds but not a huge resort...on a great beach? Any suggestions? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,772 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by alebanane on 19/3/2008 at 17:06

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page