Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Ayutthaya to Khao Yai

Posted by rosandjohn on 6/6/2008 at 18:26

I'd like to get from Ayutthaya to visit Khao Yai National Park and then pick up a bus or train to Aranya Prathet. Is it best to go via Pak Chong to the north or Prachin Buri to the south? Transport ideas would be helpful, also a place to stay to visit KYNP with a guided tour. Many thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 7,459 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by Tilapia on 8/6/2008 at 00:44

Book your Thailand travel tickets online
  Buy train, bus and ferry tickets online.

Bangkok to Singapore route

Posted by craigwatson on 5/6/2008 at 15:25

Hi, me and two friends were planning on overlanding from Bangkok to Singapore in July. We have three weeks and around £500-600 to spend and would appreciate any advice on what would be a good route to take. We were originally planning on heading into Laos for a couple of days from Bangkok but having looked into it it doesn't seem worth the travelling time etc. We are completely open minded so would appreciate any suggestions that would fit into 3 weeks and see what in your opinion are the highl ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,557 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by Tilapia on 6/6/2008 at 15:45

Weather in May/June

Posted by CharFlorica on 6/6/2008 at 04:00

Hello, I am looking at planning a trip to Thailand, Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam for May-June 2009. I am unable to travel during the dry season (as I am in school). Is the wet season going to be too much of a problem? Is there a "best" place to start traveling to avoid extremely rainy weather? Thank you! Charlie ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,397 times, with no replies.

Here's a few questions

Posted by michmich11 on 4/6/2008 at 12:36

1. What is the best way to get from Bangkok to Ayutthaya? Train? Van? 2. What is the best way to get from Kaho San Road to Hualamphong Station? How long does this take? Cost? 3. How does one get from Hualamphong to the airport? How long does this take? Cost? Thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,526 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by michmich11 on 5/6/2008 at 20:22

ko phi phi

Posted by sammacaster on 5/6/2008 at 08:56

thanks travel fish for putting me off going to phi phi...for christs sake what is it with all you traveling jurno's.. if it aint paradise that no one else has found other than you and your crusty mates then it aint worth it....i hate all your pompose views and i hate this "traveler" mentality, non of you are gonna find paradise its all been done and seen and thats the way of the world! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,944 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 5/6/2008 at 18:57

Taking Buddha Statues out of Thailand

Posted by chaytiong on 3/6/2008 at 10:27

hi all, as the topic states, are there any policies against taking out statues, even newly purchased ones with receipt as proof and passing through customs or placing it in cargo? btw, i will be in Bangkok in August and would like to meet up with some of you then. I am going to purchase some new Buddha statues in Bamrung Muang Road, Bangkok. any of you here could provide some guide around would be much appreciated cheers! chaytiong cct_cheah@hotmail.com ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,247 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by Tilapia on 4/6/2008 at 19:36

advice/recommendations for young adults on southern islands

Posted by chambers on 3/6/2008 at 02:20

Hi there. me and my best mate are going to southern thailand for 3 weeks and we were after some advice as to where we should go/stay. We're both 22 years old (australians), and we were keen to go where other younger tourists would be, whilst having nice scenery/beaches so we can just lay on the beach all day with some partying at nights. ( we don't ask for much do we :D ? ) We are going from late july to mid august so we wondered which side of the coast would be better to stay on this time o ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,826 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 3/6/2008 at 07:10

Chiang Mai to Chiang Khong to Laos

Posted by andrea73 on 1/6/2008 at 10:12

Hey there - I want to catch the slow boat this week to LP, but would like suggestions regarding fastest/best way(operator suggestions?) to get from CM to the border. Ideally, I'd like to do this without staying a night in CK or Huay Xai...is this realistic? I'd like to catch the slow boat on Tuesday or Wednesday if possible. Thanks for the help!!! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,404 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 2/6/2008 at 14:17

island / beach in September?

Posted by dseckel on 30/5/2008 at 01:49

Which is the best island / beach to visit for 4-5 days in early September (tail end of monsoon season)? crystal water / white sand / stuff to do ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,275 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by dseckel on 30/5/2008 at 20:10

canadian travellin to thailand from taiwan

Posted by shaenna on 14/4/2008 at 23:32

Im visiting my brother who lives in Taiwan and was thinking of flying to Thailand for a week. But i would be alone...is this a safe thing to do? Is it easy to meet other foreigners there or perhaps a place to meet people heading that way BEFORE I go? lol. I heard Khao San Rd is the place to go, any suggestions?? Anyone heading to Thailand soon.... ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,007 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by 2face on 30/5/2008 at 14:57

Spas on Ko Tao

Posted by LLLUCY on 1/5/2008 at 22:18

Hi, I see on travelfish that there are several spas mentioned but not listed. Does anyone know of a good not too costly spa there? Thanks LLLcuy ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,480 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by cybervlad on 27/5/2008 at 14:46

Best place to get open water diving - Koh Phi phi?

Posted by janujanu on 18/5/2008 at 20:05

I want to get my open waters diving certification. I was thinking of heading towards Phi phi as I've already been to Koh Tao last year. Does anyone recommend any other place in the area for diving?? I'm looking for a place where I can chill out for 4-5 days, where I can find good diving centers and not be be too isolated as I'm traveliing solo and would like to meet other travellers. Cheers. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,829 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by cybervlad on 27/5/2008 at 14:33

Diving in July

Posted by autumnleaves on 22/5/2008 at 11:58

Hi All I'd very much like to do some scuba diving while I'm in Thailand in July and August. Is this possible at all with the monsoon rains? I was thinking of going to Ko Lanta. Can you please tell me where, if anywhere, I could scuba dive at this time, and what Ko Lanta (and all the west side) is like at this time of year? Can you still do things or does it rain all the time? Thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,721 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by cybervlad on 27/5/2008 at 14:18

Bangkok for beginners?

Posted by susiq on 23/5/2008 at 06:19

I was just after some advice for novice travelers heading for Bangkok next week.A friend and I are headed there for 8 days for dental work(aust prices are beyond our pockets) and im starting to worry that we are going to spend all our free time holed up in a hotel room:(..I keep getting told that its a dirty dangerous city with not much to offer..Im sure there must be many exotic delights 2 excited travelers can safely enjoy??? Already from this site , learning about the sign up desk for taxis ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,187 times, with 8 replies. Last reply by susiq on 27/5/2008 at 07:44

What is it with the three person rule in hotels

Posted by gfong on 26/5/2008 at 08:29

I have been trying to book a room over the internet for my family of four but I keep encountering this situation where they will only take three people per room. Is this a hard and fast rule? This is not economical and besides I don't feel comfortable leaving my daughters in a separate room. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,289 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by sirhalberd on 26/5/2008 at 20:57

How do I get from the airport in Bangkok to the Bus Station?

Posted by LizzieR on 26/3/2008 at 20:47

Hi, I am hoping to visit Thailand in Jan 2009 so planning early! I need to travel from Bangkok to Kanchanaburi but do not want to stay overnight in Bangkok. I have been told I can bet a bus from the Southern Bus Terminal to Kanchanaburi but how easy is it to get to the Bus Terminal? Help!! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 6,283 times, with 13 replies. Last reply by emielvl on 26/5/2008 at 20:52

Ban Saphan to Ranong

Posted by redbride on 21/5/2008 at 23:01

What's the best way to get from Ban Saphan to Ranong? Minibus, bus? How long would this journey take? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,450 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by khunwilko on 24/5/2008 at 23:41

SE Asia itinerary...

Posted by michmich11 on 13/5/2008 at 09:58

6/12--Arrive BKK 6/13-6/14 BKK 6/15--Day trip from BKK (TBA--suggestions?) 6/16-6/18 Siem Reap (not sure if we will fly or bus) 6/19-6/21 Luang Prabang (flight) 6/22-6/24 Vang Vieng 6/25-Leave Vang Vieng via Vientiane to Udon Thani to plane to BKK 6/26-6/29 Ko Samui 6/30-BKK 7/1-Return to NY Planning on using Bangkok Airways Discovery Pass for some portion of the travel. Is this itinerary doable? Missing anything? Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated! Thanks. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,490 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by michmich11 on 23/5/2008 at 05:22

flights to india

Posted by itchyfeet72 on 21/5/2008 at 20:46

hi gonna be back in thailand at the beginning of july for a couple of weeks to sort visa for india and maybe catch a bit of sun so basically have a couple of questions firstly whats the weather likely to be like on koh chang(the bigger one) also does anyone know of any cheap airlines that fly from bkk-delhi (thinking i need to book it first before i get to thailand-onward ticket n all that!)also not really a thailand question but does anyone know if you need an onward ticket for india cheers ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,579 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by 2face on 22/5/2008 at 05:28

Krabi or Phi Phi?

Posted by Halilee on 19/5/2008 at 04:03

So, doing lots of research and am having difficulty in chosing the beach part of our vacation. I was finally decided upon Phi Phi staying on Long Beach, but it sounds like the accomodations on that beach aren't the greatest ( going by traveller reviews). We were also considering staying at Railay West in Krabi. We want nice swimmable water with a great beach. Snorkelling off the beach is a big bonus, but not totally necessary if it's nearby. Good accomodations, good restaurant choices, some shop ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,812 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by Halilee on 21/5/2008 at 07:17

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page