Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Where to stay for a month?

Posted by Anderson85 on 7/5/2008 at 04:36

We (father and two sons)are looking for a local in which to spend a month or more just living in Thailand and as a base to explore the surrounding area. We are on a moderate budget and we would like to rent a 3 bedroom self-contained house. We will be in Thailand June 23. We are partial to the ocean but not avid beach people. As long as its quiet (what I want), some night life nearby would be nice (21 and 17 year olds are part of group). We would appreciate any advice on locations, help wi ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,357 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by SBE on 8/5/2008 at 04:23

Book your Thailand travel tickets online
  Buy train, bus and ferry tickets online.

Bangkok - klong tours

Posted by liquefiedstars on 4/5/2008 at 20:25

What is a reasonable price I should bargain for for a klong tour around the canals? Also, I'm traveling alone so it's not so cost effective for me to hire out a long-tail boat by myself. Are there group tours of any sort? Many thanks. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,664 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by liquefiedstars on 7/5/2008 at 21:45

Phuket Airport to Krabi Airport

Posted by radd on 7/5/2008 at 05:00

Hi, I plan to stay in Krabi for a couple of nights but there aint any (cheap) flights from Singapore to Krabi. Does anyone know if there are any Aiport bus that could bring me from one airport to another. The reason why I rather go the Krabi Airport than town is because the hotel Im staying offer land transfer from Krabi Airport to the hotel only. Thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 8,481 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by tezza on 7/5/2008 at 11:37

Is 4 weeks enough

Posted by NEILEIO on 2/5/2008 at 19:18

im planing a trip starting in bangkok on to chaing mai over to laos and vietnam,cambodia,can anybody help me out,its my first time backpacking,any ideas on the best way to travel and what places to see and do i hav enough time to do it all in or should i just travel around 2 countrys,all comments will be a big help.cheers. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,852 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by NEILEIO on 6/5/2008 at 19:03

Help with itinerary and details

Posted by Halilee on 6/5/2008 at 04:06

Hey all! My hubby and I are going to Thailand for the first time in January for 13 days. I have a rather ambitious itinerary and just need to know if it's doable along with needing some tips, suggestions, and detail help. So, to start we arrive in Bangkok on Jan 9th at 11:55PM after a 30+ hr long flight. Now we plan on leaving the next day in late afternoon-ish for Chiang Mai but would like to do a 2 hour walking tour recommended in Thailand lonely planet book that covers the Grand temple an ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,558 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by Halilee on 6/5/2008 at 10:59

Long neck tribe

Posted by bjojan on 4/5/2008 at 05:55

We are a couple planning to visit Chiang Mai before we head over to Cambodia, and we would like to visit the long neck hill tribes. Have anyone any experience with this ? Any hints / tips about which tour company to use, and what trip to take ? Which tribe to visit ? Stay a night over or do everything from Chiang Mai ? We only want a daytrip to the village, no 2 or 3 days trek.. And we are on a budget so we are not the priciest alternatives if we can help it :-) Would love some feedback ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,172 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 5/5/2008 at 05:53

Month Traveling

Posted by crock on 3/5/2008 at 21:51

Hi I fly to BKK from Oz early June for 4 weeks backpacking I intend to go to the Full Moon 28th June and see my family in the Phuket area about 27th (they are moving about for 3 weeks) Any advise what 2 19 y/o lads (not yobs!)could do taking in as many places as possible and how (thought about BK to Chiang Mai by train at some pointseems a long journey bak to Phanang ? (sp) Any tips would be great thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,797 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by tezza on 4/5/2008 at 21:21

a confused dyslexic!!!!!! excuse the spelling

Posted by barrylad66 on 3/5/2008 at 16:18

having just booked my flight to bankok on 30th july,and talkng to there visa adviser i am more confused as ever(and the adviser a littl frustrated judging by the tone of her voice!!!) anyway here goe's will be arriving bkk on the 31st july..i have a 3 month time scale on the flight ticket with the oppertunoty to extend this free of charge for 12 months.my planned itinery is as follows...6 weeks thailand,4 weeks,loas,4 weeks,vietnam,then 4 weeks cambodia.will then cross back to thialnd and h ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,528 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by barrylad66 on 3/5/2008 at 22:22

weather

Posted by NEILEIO on 1/5/2008 at 22:09

hi everybody im new to the site,i am plaining a trip to thailand on 19th of august and heared that its the monsoon season,can anybody tell me how bad it is and places worst effected.cheers. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,523 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by NEILEIO on 2/5/2008 at 18:51

Advice on clothes

Posted by ColonelWallard on 2/5/2008 at 02:06

hi there!!! just a quick question. im traveling to south east asia for 3 months in two weeks time. ill be flying into bangkok and staying in the city for three nights. I dont plan on bringing much clothes with me as i plan to purchase all my clothes for my trip in bangkok. Where are the best shopping malls/spots for reasonably priced clothes in the city?????? thanks in advance.......... ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,804 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by Tilapia on 2/5/2008 at 04:51

Transfer from Phi Phi to Phuket????

Posted by germcmanus on 1/5/2008 at 06:07

Hi there. My girlfriend and I arrive on Phi Phi towards the end of May, my question is, we fly out of Phuket at 12.20pm on May 31st on to Hong Kong with Dragonair. I have been checking all ferry timetables and it seems no ferry will be leaving Phi Phi in time to get us safely to the airport, even 90 minutes before our flight. The earliest ferry I have seen is 9.00am from Phi Phi and it takes 1hr 30mins to get to Phuket and another 40 minutes(all going well) from the pier to the airport, bring ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,465 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by germcmanus on 2/5/2008 at 00:07

Cheap flights from Bangkok to Hanoi???

Posted by anmi212 on 26/3/2008 at 21:28

Hi everyone-- A friend and I are planning on going from Bangkok to Hanoi next month and I was wondering if anyone knows the average price for flights? We've been looking them up online and the lowest price we've found has been about $300USD. Was wondering if it's cheaper just to wait until we get to Bangkok to book? Or if anyone knows of any discount air carriers that fly from Bangkok to Hanoi that we could book online ahead of time? Thanks for the help -A ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,874 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by sevensuns on 1/5/2008 at 22:15

is Ratchadapisek a good area to stay with kids in tow?

Posted by msk100 on 13/4/2008 at 07:53

I am in two minds whether to change a booking in BKK as I've recently read that Ratchadapisek is close to some red light type bars. anyone any advice?? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,684 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by scomoore1 on 29/4/2008 at 02:34

Going to Chiang Mai - I'm nervous!

Posted by dancercr on 19/4/2008 at 12:43

Hey everyone. Okay so I'm a 23 yr old female, and I am planning on travelling to volunteer at the Elephant Nature Foundation which is outside of Chiang Mai. So far I'm travelling alone. I have a few questions: I have read that travelling alone is alright, and since I don't really plan on going anywhere but Chiang Mai and the ENF I'm not to worried, however I'm still wondering if going alone would be a bad idea. Any thoughts? When would be the best time of year to go? This question is f ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,012 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by caseyrebecca on 26/4/2008 at 13:03

Vaccination requirements if going to Phuket for 1 week

Posted by Mippy on 19/4/2008 at 16:16

Hi, I've been advised to get a Hep A and Typhoid shot. I'm going to Phuket (from Australia) for one week only. My travel agent says don't worry about it and my doctor wants me to pay over $100 to get the shots. Any suggestions? I'm currently leaning towards getting a Hep A shot only... ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 8,625 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by Mippy on 25/4/2008 at 08:06

Australia

Posted by darrenh on 8/4/2008 at 04:27

i will be traveling through se asia for two and a half months and this website is being very helpful. i have already used it for my two week holiday in thailand (march '08) and it really helped. can anyone tell me of one in similar quality for australia and new zealand! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,595 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by michlandliamontour on 23/4/2008 at 21:54

how to get from ko pha-ngan to krabi

Posted by talya on 22/4/2008 at 19:59

could someone offer some advice as to the quickest/cheapest way to get from either ko pha-ngan or ko tao to krabi? i found some info about boats going the reverse direction....? thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,666 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by tezza on 23/4/2008 at 11:11

Hotel/Guest House near train station?

Posted by stetzie on 7/4/2008 at 09:28

Hi there- Hoping someone might have a few suggestions for good hotels near the Hualamphong train station. We're only staying in Bangkok one night on the way up to Chiang Mai & leave early in the morning. Any ideas would be much appreciated! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,241 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 20/4/2008 at 12:46

Chang Mai in May?

Posted by joefog on 11/4/2008 at 09:22

Hi there, First time poster, long time travel fisher! My girlfriend and I are heading over in May and I'm just wondering what the weather is like up north around that time. We'd like to do some trekking around Chang Mai and head to Pai for a week or so, then down south to ultimately....relax! Cheers Joe ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,759 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by ekay on 20/4/2008 at 10:54

Bangkok to Chiang Mai - where to break the journey

Posted by kierjan on 14/4/2008 at 22:59

Hi all, New to here but have been recommended by other forums. I'm try to plan a RTW trip and i'm looking to try and plan the Thailand part. At the moment the plan is to arrive in to bangkok, head north before going to Laos, Vietnam, Cambodia and then back to Bangkok form there we'll head to the Islands before going on to Oz. Anyway I'm hoping someone here might be able to help me with somewhere to break the Bangkok to Chiang Mai part of the trip. I'd like to see at least one other part of North ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,987 times, with 8 replies. Last reply by kierjan on 17/4/2008 at 03:56

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page