Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

FULL MOON CANCELLED UNTIL SUN 24TH FEB

Posted by tinamars2000 on 21/2/2008 at 02:19

DUE TO SENATOR ELECTIONS FULL MOON PARTY NOT ON THE FRI 22ND AS PLANNED NOW CHANGED TO SUNDAY ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,731 times, with no replies.

Mae Nam Kwai River Trip

Posted by kitisak on 19/2/2008 at 13:00

I am planning to take a kayak down the mae nam kwai noi river from about sai yok in kanchanaburi (or maybe above) down into the town of kanchanaburi and possibly on the mae nam klong river in ratchburi in the next week. would anyone care to come? this is an old important trade route from burma into thailand... ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,614 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by Tilapia on 20/2/2008 at 05:27

Diving scams in Thailand

Posted by somtam2000 on 18/2/2008 at 14:50

As frustrating as it may be, travellers to Thailand continue to fall victim to a seemingly limitless variety of scams. Of course there's the obvious ones like gem stores and free tuk tuks, but sometimes you only need to let your guard down for a moment and even the most battle-hardened traveller can get done faster than you can say "Free tuk tuk". A few years ago, I was in a hurry to get from one of the Gulf Islands to Bangkok to catch a flight so instead of going to Surat Thani and getting a ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,048 times, with no replies.

convention of clothes?

Posted by matthias on 13/2/2008 at 21:17

Hello, I will leave in about 10 days for Thailand and I am wondering about the clothing conventions in Thailand. I read somewhere that even for men the knees should be covered. Are the restrictions really that strict? Besides that, I will follow these rules: no orange clothes, never topless, taking off shoes before entering a temple. Is this enough or are there other important rules? Thanks for an answer, Matthias ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,645 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by khunwilko on 18/2/2008 at 14:45

Grand Palace & Temple of the Reclining Buddha

Posted by hannesnaomi on 15/2/2008 at 04:47

Does anyone know if these places will be open for the Easter weekend (March 22-24). And are the open Sundays normally? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,607 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by wanderingcat on 16/2/2008 at 05:31

Bangkok Nightlife - Must sees/do???

Posted by hannesnaomi on 9/2/2008 at 13:48

My boyfriend and I will be travelling thru Thailand for the month of March spending a few nights in BKK. Would like to see both the cultural nightlife of BKK but also the "party" type atmosphere (not necessarily in the same night). We are in our mid 30's and young at heart. Any recommendations on nightclubs, parties, or events happening in BKK that are a Must See/do? Or are there event newspapers/ads we can check out once we are there or even ahead of time? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,905 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by goo_stewart on 15/2/2008 at 18:42

One night in Koh Samui with early boat transfer - help please!

Posted by blaise79 on 13/2/2008 at 20:45

Hiya :) My partner and I are flying in to Koh Samui but we'll miss the last boat to get to koh Tao. We want to get the Seatran boat at 8am the next morning, but I'm not 100% sure where it leaves from. Am I correct in thinking it's Bangkrak (sopelling??) north of the island near buddha beach? If so, can anyone recommend a cheap and a bit cheerful (lack of cockroaches a big bonus) guesthouse or hotel we could stay at that's close to the boat pickup point please? We have a budget of up to ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,601 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 14/2/2008 at 17:48

Last week in Thailand

Posted by simonb9 on 11/2/2008 at 22:44

Having spent 8/9 days in and around Bangkok and then 8/19 days in Cambodia I am coming back to Thailand for another week or so. I want to chill out on some beaches and so some lazing around with a bit of snorkeling. Where would be the best place to go ?? I thought of Island hopping from Koi Samui to Ko Pha Ngan to Ko Tao and having a couple of days on each. Is this just too much hassle or should I find one islands to stay on for the duration ? Don't want a wild place nor a couples place !! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,531 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by 2face on 13/2/2008 at 22:20

Packing for the Trip

Posted by hannesnaomi on 13/2/2008 at 00:58

Hi again, Just wondering what are MUST pack items for backpacking in Thailand. I heard its a good idea to pack tissue (toilet paper/kleenex?). Spending time time mostly in the islands - how cool will it get in the evenings and whats the warmest piece of clothing I will need? I take it we need to pack pants/skirts and sleeved top to visit the temples? Also, is it a must to pack mosquito netting or do most accom. have this already? What about a bed sheet - a friend of mine said she sewed one in ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,731 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by khunwilko on 13/2/2008 at 15:21

Shopping in Thailand - Bangkok vs rest of Thailand

Posted by hannesnaomi on 9/2/2008 at 13:27

Does it make the most sense to shop in BKK for clothes etc. vs rest of Thailand re best deals/quality. If other places are recommended, please specify city and/or market. Where are the best deals found? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,605 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by Guernseystu on 13/2/2008 at 00:58

Quick Question....

Posted by ARussell on 11/2/2008 at 05:55

How hard is it to find work... paid or unpaid... (free room and board and what not) in Thailand or South East Asia in general? also are there any good sites with information on this? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,490 times, with 9 replies. Last reply by khunwilko on 12/2/2008 at 09:49

Slowboat to Luang Prabang from Chiang Khong

Posted by cpw18 on 11/2/2008 at 17:11

Keep reading and hearing lots of different things and just hoping to get the true low down re: departure times, when/how/where to book, costs of everything (boat, visa, anything else), best place to do the visa, etc.. Am I missing anything? Any other tips? I know some snacks/beers and a cushion are key! Thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,759 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by Guernseystu on 12/2/2008 at 00:33

Buying furniture in Thailand

Posted by hannesnaomi on 9/2/2008 at 13:31

I have heard that Thailand is a great place to buy furniture. Wondering if its worth it to purchase furniture there and have it shipped back to Canada? Anyone done this? Easy to do? Costs involved? Recommend shipping companies?? Best city or store to shop at? Thanks :) ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,646 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 9/2/2008 at 17:32

Ko Mak - Lazy Days' new bungalows' contact details?

Posted by hjulp on 8/2/2008 at 23:17

Having read below recommendation, I'm looking for the contact details/ website to contact the owner of Lazy Days' new bungalows in Ko Mak island, Thailand. Thanks in advance. **************************** "Very nice bungalows! - By linlov ( total comments: 1 More information please ) Lazy Days' new bungalows are in white concrete facing the ocean ..." ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,846 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 9/2/2008 at 17:16

lipe to Penang

Posted by arenal on 8/2/2008 at 05:37

Hi, I'm planning to stay in Lipe for a week, and I was wondering if it was easy to go from there to Penang, in Malaysia. Anyone been there? Thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,932 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by arenal on 8/2/2008 at 16:37

Thailand - 2 weeks from April 2nd - April 17th 2008

Posted by w33yin on 5/2/2008 at 17:07

This will be my first trip to Thailand. I would like to see alot without needing another holiday afterwards. Is this a good 2 week plan? Landing in Bangkok on the 3rd of April 3rd to 5th - 3 nights in Bangkok (floating market, Grand Place etc) 5th to 6th - 1 night in Ayutthaya 7th to 11th - Fly to Chaing Mai/Fly to Pai - 4 nights in Pai. (elephants, bamboo rafting, etc) 11th to 15th - Fly back to Bangkok then to an Island (maybe ...Koh Pha Ngan)4 nights on the Island (resting, ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,646 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by dande on 8/2/2008 at 13:51

Ko Mak - New mid-range bungalows run by German?

Posted by hjulp on 6/2/2008 at 23:06

Hi, I heard from travelers that a German runs a new/ refurbished mid-range resort in Ko Mak with new bungalows (I'm not speaking about TK Huts). Can't find the name... Anyone who knows it, please send me name and @ contact details. Thanks in advance ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,270 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by khunwilko on 7/2/2008 at 14:28

Travelling alone, meeting people?

Posted by ARussell on 4/2/2008 at 06:07

Just wondering how easy it is to meet people while backpacking in SEA in general, I travelled alone to South America last year and would like to travel to SEA with someone, but my friends are not too adventerous. Is it easy to meet people and perhaps travel with them? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,200 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by Guernseystu on 5/2/2008 at 00:50

Travelling around Thailand in two weeks

Posted by charlotte88 on 4/2/2008 at 22:06

Hi there, i'm travelling around thailand for approx 2 weeks before crossing over into laos. Bangkok- scenic- only 2 daily from bangkok’s Hualamphong Station, via Nakhon Pathom. -kanchananaburi. Main station is on Thanon Saeng Chuto, 2km north of town centre. Walking distance of some accommodation. Itineray- ???Ayuttha- -Day trip? Temples:- Viham Phra Mongkol Bopit. Mon-fro 8:30-4:30. sat/sun til 5:30. Most rewarding temple- Wat Na Phra mane- 8-5pm B20. -?Sukothai Chiang Mai ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,013 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by Guernseystu on 5/2/2008 at 00:47

full moon newb

Posted by twominds77 on 25/1/2008 at 13:09

Hi guys, Im new to this site, and soon to be in asia. I just want to know where to stay during the full moon party, whilst still having access beautfiul, pristine beach and most importantly a good nights sleep if needed. So far everyone has suggested the west side of the island, would this be right? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,508 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by bo on 3/2/2008 at 09:33

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page