Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Lamai, Koh Samui

Posted by gogirlgo on 10/1/2008 at 21:53

Gotta tell everyone about how good Lamai is. Last time we went to Chaweng & had a great time but it was too overdone. Lamai is Chaweng ten years ago I guess, Its got everything including great beaches, fantastic night life & good shopping. My boyfriend & I loved the girly bars around the Muy Thai boxing arena near to Macdonalds. The one in the far corner called "Good Luck bar" I think was great fun. It has drop dead gorgeous girls that are real friendly & I had a great time dancing with them on ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,278 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by Guernseystu on 11/1/2008 at 23:59

Ko Muk - Hiking? Bike or Scooter rental?

Posted by Lizzo on 11/1/2008 at 14:09

I'm planning a trip to Ko Muk in May. Does anyone know if you can hike on the island? How do you get from one side of the island to the other? Can you rent a bike or scooter? Any other suggestions - where to eat, etc. - would be much appreciated. Thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,015 times, with no replies.

Pattaya-Trat bus question

Posted by jbanana on 7/12/2007 at 07:49

Greetings all, My travel companion and I are flying from Samui to Pattaya and would like to continue on to Trat (and the Cambodian border) via bus. I have noticed that the airport in Pattaya is located well east of town, and I am wondering if we can catch a bus from near the airport. How and where can we catch a bus heading to Trat? Also, does anyone know a rough cost for this bus trip? Many thanks, Janna ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 17,938 times, with 15 replies. Last reply by khunwilko on 11/1/2008 at 09:53

Ayutthaya or Sukhothai?

Posted by msaw on 10/1/2008 at 19:23

If you had to choose to visit either 1 of these 2 cities which one would you choose? I'm aware of the difference between them but I still can't decide!!! What's everyone's opinion? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,182 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 10/1/2008 at 20:13

Driving in Chiang Mai

Posted by darrenh on 3/12/2007 at 02:46

hi, anyone got any info driving in chiang mai? im thinking of renting a car for a few days. is it a good/bad idea? is car rental cheap? would i be better just to forget the idea??!! any information would be much appreciated. cheers ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,788 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by cybervlad on 10/1/2008 at 18:38

Spending money

Posted by mitchlou84 on 7/1/2008 at 17:52

We have got our trip booked now and all hotels are booked. We are going to Bangkok for 3 nights, Chaing Mai 3 nights, Phuket 6 nights and a final one in Bangkok before flying home. Hotels are paid for, as are domestic flights. We get breakfast every day also. We need spending money for the fortnight trip to include lunch and dinner, alcoholic drinks (wine for me beer for him) most transfers, souvenier shopping and sightseeing. We will eat lunch as cheap as poss but we do like to eat ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,782 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by srsdj on 10/1/2008 at 12:54

which airport?

Posted by alisonmilliken on 10/1/2008 at 09:50

Hi, Am wondering about domestic flights and which airport they go from. I heard they are using the old don Muang one for domestic flights now... do all domestic flights go from there, or does it depend on which airline you are flying? Thanks, ALISON ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,341 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by srsdj on 10/1/2008 at 12:32

How would you route your 6 weeks...

Posted by cardam on 9/1/2008 at 10:33

Hi All, Just looking for a few suggestions from all you seasoned travellers! I've been trawling through the suggested itineries on the site and seem to be getting bogged down with the infinite possibilities! Bascially I fly solo into Bangkok on the 18 Feb and have to be in NZ by the start of April and really want to make the most of my time. I don't want to run ragged and so am just aiming for Thailand/Laos with a self promise to come back again (unless anyone thinks otherwise, I'm all ears!) ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,987 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by cardam on 10/1/2008 at 01:31

Bangkok to Shanghai Flight

Posted by cbegger on 9/1/2008 at 15:30

Anybody know about a cheap flight from Bangkok to Shanghai? Flying around the 20th of Feb! Greetz, Clark ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,464 times, with no replies.

KOH PHI PHI (SOME HELP PLEASE!!!)

Posted by joderin on 9/1/2008 at 08:25

I was in Koh Phi Phi in 2006 in low season mind you and found accomodation fairly quick and cheap (under 1000 baht) I will be arriving back in Koh Phi Phi on Jan 28th and have seen some pretty high prices for hotels, thus being high season and all. Does anyone have any insight as to places to stay when we are there that shouldnt be more then 1200baht a night? Would like to stay as close to the village as possible as well. Any help would be greatly appreiciated. Thanks, J ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,487 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 9/1/2008 at 14:14

storing luggage in bangkok, any ideas?

Posted by cyndi on 30/11/2007 at 06:49

I think I can store luggage in a locker at the Bangkok airport but I've heard it costs about $3 a day. I'm too cheap for that. I've thought of just leaving it at a guest house or going to the Hualumpong train station from the airport and leaving it there. Someone said storage lockers are about 10-20 baht per day at the train station. Anyone have any tips on what would be the best thing to do? Also, how do I get from the airport to the train station and how long does it take? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 8,069 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by sirhalberd on 9/1/2008 at 03:40

THAI HIGHLIGHTS TO SEE IN SHORT TIME

Posted by RACER283 on 7/1/2008 at 02:35

Hi there, We have 5 days after leaving Bangkok before reaching Chiang Mai. I realize we can't do too much in that time, but I'd like to get some opinions. To those of you who have been to KANCHANBURI+ERAWAN FALLS - AYUTHAYA - SUKHOTHAI and LAMPANG ELEPHANT CAMP which would be on your not to miss list. If it came down to AYUTHAYA or SUKHOTHAI which is more impressive? Thank you for any help and feedback. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,979 times, with 8 replies. Last reply by sirhalberd on 9/1/2008 at 03:25

Accomodation close to Suvanabhumi Airport

Posted by ozziegirl on 1/1/2008 at 16:50

Hi there - Travelling solo in Jan and flying into Bangkok late at night and am after accomodation close to the airport. Have early flight out the following day. Thanks heaps in advance ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,363 times, with 13 replies. Last reply by Babalou on 6/1/2008 at 22:13

Ferry to Phi Phi from Phuket

Posted by jessie604 on 5/1/2008 at 22:51

Has anyone taken the ferry from Phuket to Phi Phi? I'm curious what the latest ferry departing is, i see different things on different websites and travel guides. some say 1:30 is the latest, some say there is a 2:30 ferry. Also, how much time is really necessary from Phuket airport to the ferry? Jessica ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,477 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 6/1/2008 at 06:32

Don Muang Airport/Train station

Posted by msaw on 4/1/2008 at 09:56

My friends and I are travelling from Chiang Mai to Phuket and looking for the cheapest way to do so. I'm looking into the option of taking a sleeper train from Chiang Mai to Bangkok and then getting a flight to Phuket from BKK. I've noticed the sleeper train stops at Don Muang at 8am, and there is a flight from Don Muang airport to Phuket at 9.20am. If anyone has been to Don Muang can you please tell me if the airport terminal and train station are close to each other and whether we'd be abl ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,725 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by exacto on 4/1/2008 at 13:58

Samui/Surat Thani to Bangkok

Posted by msaw on 3/1/2008 at 12:00

Hi, we're trying to get from Samui to Bangkok in as little time and costing as less as possible. I've found flights from Surat Thani to Bangkok, how long is it from Samui to Surat Thani? Also are there any frequent buses/trains from Surat Thani to Bangkok and how long would they take? Thanks for any info ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,933 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by msaw on 4/1/2008 at 09:25

metro/bus from new airport to old airport/rangsit

Posted by zachmoore on 26/12/2007 at 10:24

We are flying in late evening; 10ish on korean air (I don't remember exact time as I am writing this) and would like to catch the 11 o'clock train for chiang mai, train 51; is there any chance of making that work; any suggestions on how to make this work or even if it's possible. Thanks Zach. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,273 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by zachmoore on 4/1/2008 at 09:00

Koh Lipe from Malaysian

Posted by skinnylatte on 31/12/2007 at 03:52

Sorry, hit enter too quickly without entering text in message, and don't see an edit button anywhere -- I meant to say: I intend to get on the Langkawi Express from Kuala Lumpur to Hat Yai, get a minibus to Pakbara pier, then catch the 1pm ferry to Koh Lipe. According to malaysian railways' website, the train is supposed to get to Hat Yai at 1120h. This might leave me with too little time to travel to Pakbara, and I would hate to miss that last boat. Does anyone know anything about ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,578 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by dlewingt on 3/1/2008 at 03:03

Nana city

Posted by nhorldz on 31/12/2007 at 20:09

How could i find Nana city if i'm from Bangkok international airport coz me and my friend are planning to visit there. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,584 times, with 10 replies. Last reply by sirhalberd on 2/1/2008 at 20:35

Secure car parking in Bangkok

Posted by doktorc on 30/12/2007 at 15:38

Can anyone suggest a secure public parking area (garage) in the Riverside area (near Saphan Taksin BTS) of Bangkok? This is my first visit to Bangkok so please excuse my ignorance. Thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,591 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by Guernseystu on 1/1/2008 at 00:12

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page