Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

where should we stay on Koh Lanta?

Posted by peregrinus on 27/1/2008 at 18:57

my friend and i are going to spend a few days on Koh Lanta around the middle of february and we’re trying to decide which beach & guesthouse to choose. for us, a good place would be neither crowded nor deserted. but it would have a relaxed vibe and there’d be: · some friendly people to mix with, around our ages (late 20s / early 30s); · occasional games on the beach during the day; · parties at night within walking distance (but just far enough away so as to allow a good night’ ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,776 times, with no replies.

Posted by paulascott on 22/1/2008 at 19:14

Can anyone tell me how long I should expect this journey to take. Are there little mini buses which leave Kanchanaburi to Ko Samet and if there are, how much $ and how long does the journey take. Thanks all in anticipation of your answers!! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,373 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by ChangFai on 27/1/2008 at 10:07

Gulf or Andaman Sea in June?

Posted by trudat on 25/1/2008 at 04:59

My husband and I are traveling to Thailand in early June to celebrate our 5 yr anniv. We were originally planning to go the Andaman Sea (Ngai or Muk - Sivalai Resort), but are concern about the weather. Should we go to the gulf instead (Tao?)? We only have a week and are looking for something relaxing with good snorkeling and maybe some hiking, and not overly built up like Samui. We liked the idea of being able to go to other islands like Ko Rok, etc. in the Andaman. What should we do? Any th ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,788 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by trudat on 26/1/2008 at 00:38

Pattaya to Ko Samui

Posted by huggomartini on 24/1/2008 at 20:21

Is it possible go from Pattaya to Ko Samui by ferry? Any company or private do that? Thanks in advance ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 8,590 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by huggomartini on 25/1/2008 at 19:44

phi phi & lanta & phuket & krabi

Posted by themudblood on 5/12/2007 at 13:09

hi guys, me and some frens plan to spend about 5 days in the islands of phi phi and lanta, in early feb 2008 (wonder if that's a good timing?). i got a couple of questions: a. is it sensible to travel to phi phi from phuket, then to lanta, and back to phuket again? or it's better to end our journey at krabi instead? b. can anyone please suggest places for us to stay in those islands. we have a budget of about usd50-60 per nite per room. we have checked out the listing in this website, t ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,824 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by Tilapia on 25/1/2008 at 04:39

Southern Sea Travel

Posted by marineboy on 24/1/2008 at 02:02

Whats the easiest way to get from the Trang islands(Kradan etc) to the Satun islands (Lipe etc). Do you have to get back onto land cross the border by bus to Pak Bara ferry port?? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,416 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 24/1/2008 at 09:37

Posted by JADE75 on 23/1/2008 at 19:33

Is there anywhere in southern Thailand that you can work with elephants...bathe them etc as a pose to the usual riding elephant day trips that you can go on? Ta xx ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,341 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by swag on 24/1/2008 at 05:14

Is it realistic?

Posted by huggomartini on 18/1/2008 at 07:12

Hi there, I will go to Thailand 30/35 days next December. I wanna go to beaches not to the north (the north is for the 2nd trip) but in 35 days is not possible see everything. So what do you advice me to do? I used to read travelfish tips and I agree with many like (less is more). I'm thinking plan something like this. Arrive at Bkk maybe December 1st and stay 3 nights. Going to south (Pattaya, Koh Chang and Cambodja is in the 2nd trip too) to Hua Hin, Prachuap until Surat Thani. December 1 ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,812 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by huggomartini on 22/1/2008 at 20:03

Cost of TAXIS??

Posted by marineboy on 20/1/2008 at 17:28

Whats the cost of a taxi from Khao San Road to either of the two Bangkok airports? Also the cost of a short taxi ride in Phuket? Thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,001 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by Guernseystu on 22/1/2008 at 11:39

Thai Airways

Posted by jessie604 on 19/1/2008 at 15:37

HI, I have purchased a flight from BKK to Phuket on Thai Airways. HOwever I need to change it because I am afraid I will miss the flight, and I am having a hard time getting in touch with Thai Airways over the phone (I am currently in Siem Reap). I am looking to change my flight from BKK to Don Mueng and make it later in the day (Tuesday, JAn 22,2008), still flying Thai Airways. Is this sort of switch allowed? Can I make it over the computer/phone or do I need to do it in person? Jess ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,436 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by FonBangkok on 21/1/2008 at 02:20

Phuket Airport to Ratsada Pier to Phi Phi to Phi Phi Village

Posted by sandinelau on 19/1/2008 at 23:04

I land at Phuket Airport at 1:05 pm. My end destination is Phi Phi Village (I'm travelling in March 2008). I've read many sites that say the last ferry to Phi Phi is at 1:30 pm, but I have also read 2:30 pm. Is there an official website somewhere that will confirm that the last ferry is definitely 2:30 pm? What is the approximate cost (again, I've seen many different prices quoted) and time? Also, how do I get from Phuket Airport to Ratsada Pier? How much can I expect to pay? Some say t ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,355 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 20/1/2008 at 05:59

Decent one-night guesthouse in Phuket near the ferry?

Posted by jessie604 on 19/1/2008 at 15:32

Any suggestions? I have no reservations, and will arrive in Phuket aroudn 8pm from Bangkok. Looking to just stay overnight and catch the early ferry to Ko Phi Phi. This is for January 22nd, 2008. Thanks- Jess ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,065 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by Guernseystu on 20/1/2008 at 00:28

Posted by RACER283 on 18/1/2008 at 03:38

Hello there, Has anybody used any of the following tour companies in Kanchanaburi for day trips and what was your experience with them? GOOD TIMES TRAVEL BT TRAVEL TOI'S TOURS Thank you all for any help. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,346 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by RACER283 on 19/1/2008 at 22:27

TAT - what is the deal

Posted by somtam2000 on 12/4/2006 at 07:46

A recent post brought up usage of the TAT acronym -- what it really stands for is Tourist Authority of Thailand. The real TAT only furnish travel information -- they do not offer any type of booking or reservation service. In Bangkok and elsewhere you'll come across travel agents who call themselves TAT -- they get away with it by arguing their TAT acronym stands for something -- eg Touts and Twits -- these business are shysters selling overpriced tours to unsuspecting tourists who think they ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 6,031 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by Lam_merison on 18/1/2008 at 19:43

Who know name of this temple?

Posted by cybervlad on 15/1/2008 at 14:47

Hello all, While my trip on Isan in December I visited a temple near Nakhon Ratchasima (Khorat). It located near junction highways 2 and 24, between Sikhiu and Nakhon Ratchasima. This is a very popular place among Thai people because there is the monk sitting many years in deep meditation and big image of this monk made from black stone. Unfortunately, I can't read Thai but all information was on Thai only. Here is links to 2 photos: ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,222 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by cybervlad on 18/1/2008 at 17:09

Three pagoda pass border

Posted by mick110971 on 18/1/2008 at 10:40

Hi everyone was wondwering if the checkpoint was open. It was Closed last time i was there and will be back in that region shortly.I think you can get a day pass? Cheers Mick ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,431 times, with no replies.

Thailand Visa

Posted by dazm26 on 7/1/2008 at 17:58

I will be entering Thailand overland and have no idea how long i will be staying, although i do know it will not exceed 30 days. How does this work please, do i need a tourist visa os i dont have proof of onward travel? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,897 times, with 8 replies. Last reply by Guernseystu on 18/1/2008 at 10:30

Posted by beemeers on 18/1/2008 at 03:37

Will be traveling to Thailand April-July I have looked at the weather map, just wondering if anyone has personal experience of being in the souther region of thailand for these months and how bad the weather is... for rain. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,252 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by Guernseystu on 18/1/2008 at 10:26

Railay Bay Resort

Posted by natalie76 on 17/1/2008 at 10:32

Dear all I was wondering if anyone has stayed at Railay Bay Resort? It is next door to the Sand & Sea resort. I'm trying to find a place in Railay Beach for my honeymoon in November that is still reasonably priced but great! Any suggestions would be very helpful - thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,964 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by Guernseystu on 17/1/2008 at 17:07

Thai weather - difference between march and april?

Posted by RichP101 on 14/1/2008 at 10:17

Hello all, I'd originally planned to arrive in Thailand for a month from mid-march to mid-April. Having read around, it seems that April is the most hot & humid time and can get unbearable in places. Is there much difference in heat/humidity between going mid-feb to mid-march, and mid-march to mid-april? I'd prefer to do the latter, but the weather reports are a bit offputting. I'd be looking to spend a few days each in Bangkok and Chiang Mai, and a good amount of time partying on the isl ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 14,727 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by darrenh on 15/1/2008 at 22:23

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page